[eighty-six] Rest of my life.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – November 4, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I always wanted to have a sister and I am really blessed to have Keiko-eonni to take on that role for me. She may not be our family by blood but she is our family by choice. I have always been thankful that Keiko-eonni became my sister. She takes care of me like my mom would, protect me like my brother and father does and listens to me like any sister would. I am beyond grateful to be her sister and I couldn’t even imagine how my life would be without her. And now that someone is asking me for permission to marry my beloved sister, I couldn’t help but to cry in joy and happiness. My sister was abandoned in such an early age and she grew up thinking that no one wanted her but my family made sure that she would feel loved and cared for in our home. I also want to make sure that my sister would also feel loved and cared for for the rest of her life. And now, Seojoon-oppa is here, asking for my permission to marry my sister and I am beyond happy. I cannot find any other person who would love my sister unconditionally as we have loved her but Seojoon oppa.

      “I want to marry your sister,” oppa exclaimed, “And I want your permission as her family.” He smiled as he looked at me.

      I smiled and a tear fell down my cheeks. I just can’t explain how happy I am right now.

      “Of course!” I beamed, “I will give my consent! Well,” I laughed before continuing, “That is if you promise that you will never hurt my sister or make her cry.” I exclaimed that left a smile on oppa’s face.

      “You have my word Jiyeon,” he exclaimed as he pulled me into a hug.

      We parted from our hug while Kai was there, smiling from ear-to-ear.

      “Wait, do you know about this?” I asked Kai and he nodded.

      “We always talk about it and hyung asked some of my suggestions,” he shrugged, “So yeah, I know everything about this.” He smiled

      “Wait, how about my family? Does my family know about this?” I asked.

      “Not yet but I’m planning on telling them on December when they visit here.” He explained and I nodded.

      “That’s great! Then, do you have some plans for your proposal?” I asked, suddenly excited.

      “And that is where you come in.” Kai exclaimed that caused my brows to crease.

      “What do you mean?” I asked.

      “You will help me plan out the proposal surprise for Keiko.” Oppa winked and I couldn’t be anymore excited than right now.

      “I would be honored to!” I exclaimed happily, “I could help with everything!” I smiled.

      “I hope you could keep this a secret,” oppa smiled and I nodded.

      “Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me.” I winked that caused the both of the men to laugh.

      I’m really happy, I feel like I’m the one who’s about to get proposed to! Haah, I’m just really happy for eonni and I wish the the best of the best in this new chapter that they are taking. Well, I hope eonni would say yes… which I think she would!

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

Seoul, South Korea – November 18, 2016

      It has been two weeks now since hyung asked Ayaka’s permission to marry noona and to help him for the proposal. But this past few weeks had been hard for Ayaka and for me too. We have been completing our requirements before having the Christmas break this December so we’re really working our asses off to meet all the requirements in due time. I tried talking to Ayaka this past few days to kind of get some of her stress away but I think I’m doing the opposite. Every time I talked to Ayaka, she just screams at me and would always get annoyed. But I kind of understand where she’s coming from since she haven’t had any sleeps this past few days and she has been constantly tired from all the things that she had been doing and tonight isn’t any better. We actually fought tonight. I just wanted her to have some sleep because she literally looks like a zombie right now but she lashed out on me, telling me to mind my own business and then she walked away. I would lie if I said that I wasn’t hurt with everything that she said but I am. But somehow, I decided to understand her feelings and leave her be for a few hours to make sure that she’s not as angry as she was a moment ago. I decided to just cook her some food since she haven’t eaten yet. And after some hours, I finally walked inside her room with a few foods on my hand and she was there, sitting in front of her study desk, writing again.

      “A?” I called as I opened the door more widely this time.

      “Yeah?” she asked calmly but she wasn’t still looking at me.

      “I brought some food,” I mumbled as I went inside her room and placed the food on top of the table beside the door.

      She finally turned to me, tears were threatening to spill out of her eyes. And I was quick on my feet to come closer to her and hugged her tight.

      “I’m sorry,” she whispered followed by a hiccup and I am positive that she’s crying now.

      “Ssh,” I cooed, “It’s okay,” I smiled as I break from the hug and wiped her tears with my thumb, “I know that you’re stressed and all,” I exclaimed before hugging her again.

      “I was just so pressured and I wasn’t thinking straight anymore.” She exclaimed, her voice getting muffled by my shoulder.

      “That’s why you need to sleep.” I reasoned, “You look like a zombie now with how big your eyebags are.” I exclaimed, “You also haven’t eaten properly these past few days. I’m getting worried A,” I told her as I cupped her cheeks.

      “I’m sorry babe,” she mumbled as she leaned in for a kiss and I quickly kissed back and gave her a small peck.

      “Now, let’s eat because I know you haven’t eaten anything yet today.” I exclaimed as I led her to her bed and grabbed the food that I brought.

      “Thank you babe,” she mumbled as I placed the tray on her bed as she started eating the meal that I made while I eat with her.

      “I hope that you start listening to me especially when it comes to this because you’re really stubborn,” I laughed, “You can always ask me for help and I would be willing to help you. Sleep when you feel sleepy and eat when you’re hungry. Don’t be too hard on yourself, babe.” I lectured and she just gave me a sad smile.

      “I just feel pressured, that’s all.” She exclaimed, “I just want to finish everything in school so that I’ll be able to help oppa with the proposal that he’s planning for eonni. I want it to be perfect because that is what my sister deserves,” she sighed, “I’m sorry for making you worry.” She mumbled and I just nodded as I find her hand and held it, giving her some assurance.

      “You don’t need to feel too pressured, A,” I exclaimed, “Hyung will understand you and you know, I’m always here to help. I will help you finish all your school works and I will also help you with planning noona’s proposal so that it would be perfect for her so stop worrying, okay?” I asked and she just smiled at me and nodded.

      “You know,” she exclaimed after taking a spoonful of the rice, “This feels weird,” she exclaimed, causing my brows to clash.

      “Weird?” I asked.

      “Yeah,” she nodded, “I always had been very independent, you know. I always do what I want, whenever I want and wherever I want. I do everything without any permission from anyone or having someone to care for what I’m doing.” She started, “No one ever really saw me struggle like this before because they were used to me being a perfectionist. But now that you’re here, you just notice every little thing that I do and you care for me so much.” She looked at me and then looked away when she met my eyes, “I’m just not used to this. I’m not used with all the attention you’re giving me and I’m still adjusting. I’m sorry if I ever made you feel bad these past few days.” she exclaimed and I finally smiled as I stood up and went to her side and hugged her.

      “I know,” I smiled, “I know how strong and independent you are. That’s why I’m here to remind you that you can sometimes be weak because I can be strong for you and you can always be dependent on me.” I mumbled. “I’m always here, A,”

      I wanted to give her the assuarance of me being here with her, constantly. I want to show her that she’s not alone especially that I am here now. I know very well that she’s used of being alone for the past years of her life but she needs to learn to give space for me to help her. I want to her know that I’ll be here, helping her in everything that she does.

      Ayaka smiled as she hugged me back. And after that sappy moment, we continued eating until we finished it. Ayaka was supposed to continue what she was doing but I have other things in mind. I wanted her to sleep well tonight and not worry about anything so I dragged her back to the bed and lay with her.

      “Fine, I’ll sleep for twenty minutes,” she exclaimed as she snuggled closer to me.

      We were lying on her bed while she’s using my arms as her pillows as I hug her closer to my chest and I know that this is her favorite position whenever I lull her to sleep. She said that she loves listening to the sound of my heart beat and it calms her down.

      “Don’t worry about anything for tonight, okay?” I asked, “I’ll make sure that you’ll have a good night’s sleep because you really need it.” I exclaimed and she nodded back.

      “Fine, I’ll have a good night’s sleep tonight but promise me you won’t leave.” She muttered and I nodded.

      “I promise,” I smiled, “I’ll be here when you wake up.”

      Ayaka nodded as she close her eyes, “Sing for me so I can sleep,” Ayaka mumbled while she was hugging me.

      “Sing again?” I asked as I chuckled lightly.

      “You have a great voice,” she exclaimed, “I love your voice,” she added.

      “What do you want me to sing?” I asked, her hair as I kiss her forehead.

      “Sing me the song you sang to me last time.” She muttered and I smiled as I started humming Ed Sheeran’s Perfect as I continue to her hair.

      I would love to do this everyday— her hair as she lay beside me, listening to my heart beats. I would love to wake up every single morning to be waking up to her beautiful brown eyes and shower me with her kisses. I would love to spend all my life with her and to accept her every flaw and still love her unconditionally. And just like Seojoon-hyung, I want to ask her hand in marriage, marry her and live the rest of my life living with her. I just love Ayaka Lee so much, I could give her everything and even offer her the rest of my life.

      I looked back at Ayaka and she was sleeping soundly. I leaned down and kissed her forehead and finally surrendering to the darkness of sleep.


Matthew 11:28 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.