[fifty-eight] Dark past.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 7, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      There was silence between Myungsoo and I. No one dared to talk after Myungsoo cried—I was just there comforting him, patting his head. All he needs right now is someone whom he can lean into and someone who will listen to him. Right now, Myungsoo is leaning on my shoulder, staring at Nayoung’s ashes.

      “What was she like?” I asked.

      “Huh?” he asked back.

      “Nayoung,” I muttered, “What was she like? Does she really resembles me?” I asked him and I felt him nodded.

      “She resembles you a lot,” he answered back, “The first time I saw you playing the piano inside the music room, I thought you were Nayoung. I thought that I saw her ghost there but then, you spoke.” He chuckled, “But when you did, I realized that you were far from Nayoung.” He told me.

      “How come?” I asked.

      “You see,” he trailed, “Nayoung is a very calm and nice person. She will always talk calmly with her unique tone and the way you spoke to me that day, I quickly snapped out of my dreams and realized that you weren’t Nayoung.”

      I laughed, “I got to say, I wasn’t very nice to you when we first met.”

      He laughed with me and nodded, “I really thought that your personality was kind of snob because of our encounter but you proved me wrong.” He told me.

      “How about your relationship together?” I asked.

      I saw how Myung’s lips turned into a genuine smile—a smile that I rarely see, a smile that only Nayoung could active. Because of that rare sight, a smile also drew upon my lips.

      “Nayoung’s my best friend,” he started, “We were friends since we were five. We did things together, we went to the same school together and lived across each other’s houses. We were close like Tom and Jerry, and we also bicker like one. She was my best friend, my sister, and my first love so it really hurt me after she died.” He sighed as his smile disappeared, “After she died, I stopped listening to music because she’s the one that I remember. She was the one who showed me how beautiful the piano is. She was the one who showed me that classical music is wonderful. But all of my love for music vanished together with her when she died.”

      Somehow, I felt sad and sorry to hear his story. I just couldn’t imagine living without music as well as living without your best friend. It must have been a tough time for Myungsoo.

      “Gayoung told me that you rarely talk to strangers,” I muttered, “What does she mean by that?” I asked.

      “After Nayoung died, I stopped talking to strangers. I was scared that they would leave me too. After she died, I confined myself in my own box—my own world.” He mumbled, “But I’m so thankful to meet you.” He finally smiled again as he turned to me, “You let me out of my box and showed me how beautiful life is again and don’t get me wrong. You didn’t do that because you looked like her but because you bring out the best in someone and you did the same thing with me. I will be eternally greatful.” He told me.

      I smiled at him and hugged him tight, “I’m happy that I have done that because one of the best decisions that I have made in my life is when I agreed to teach you how to play the piano.”

      I heard him chuckle as we parted and after some time, we decided to leave. Myungsoo didn’t want to risk my curfew so we left eventually. Tonight, I have learned so much about Myung and I have also learned a new thing about life.

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 9, 2016

      Kai finally came back from Canada, which means trouble is back. I also told Kai that I already told the truth to his two best friends and he was cool with it. He said that he can finally live in peace after all that lies. What he said was true, I mean, it’s really hard to live in a life full of lie. The whole day, he was sleeping in the classroom, ignoring all of our teachers. It is probably the jetlag that’s messing up with him. Right now, we’re here in the cafeteria, eating our lunch and when I say we, I mean Chanyeol, Sehun, Gayoung and I. Kai went to the comfort room to loosen up a bit because he feels a bit dizzy as of the moment.

      “Hey babes, we'll be going to the club tonight, want to come?” Sehun winked as he went closer to us.

      “Oh Sehun, I thought you stopped partying?" I asked as I pushed him lightly, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

      “Just for tonight, yeah?” he asked as he turned to us, “How about you guys? Yeol, Gayoung? You're going, right?” he asked, trying to get Chanyeol’s side. “Besides, Kai already said yes.”

      “If she'll go.” Chanyeol answered as he pointed Gayoung which earned him a glare from my bestfriend.

      “Hey, hey. What's up?”

      We looked back and saw Kai, looking a bit better. As soon as he reached my place, he immediately placed his hands on my shoulder and pulled me closer. I shook my head and sighed, this guy never really gets tired of physical contacts.

      “You never told me that you're going out today,” I told him as I raise my eyebrows.

      I thought that he’s not feeling well and now he wanted to go to the club? Is he kidding me?

      “What?” Kai asked, acting clueless.

      This little jerk is acting like he doesn't know what's happening again!

      “Stop acting, jerk.” I muttered as I pushed him lightly away from me, “Sehun invited us, so you're out clubbing, huh?” I asked him as I folded my arms on my chest, “And you didn't even ask permission.” I muttered.

      I’m not really this possessive or what but he’s kind of stupid right now. He should be resting instead of clubbing. I know for sure that he’s still having a jetlag.

      “Ooh,” he cooed, mocking me, “Is my girlfriend angry?” Kai chuckled as he pulled me into a hug. I just rolled my eyes and let him hug me but I didn’t hug him in return, “I was about to tell you but some barnacle told you first before I did!” Kai exclaimed, glaring at Sehun.

      “Will you guys stop with the hugging? I thought everything’s fake?” Sehun asked but Kai just stuck his tongue out mockingly, “Oh well,” he muttered, “So are you guys coming?”

      “Yeah, sure.” I answered as I rolled my eyes.

      I know that Kai wants to go since he missed his friends and its Friday so it’s fine to hve some fine tonight.

      “Yehet!” Sehun beamed, “See you later guys! I still need to settle some things.” He muttered as he left us there.

      “That barnacle,” Kai exhaled.

      “Well, I got to go guys.” Gayoung exclaimed, “I also have things to do.” We just nodded and Gayoung left.

      The three of us were the only ones left. Chanyeol was eating while Kai and I are eating too. After some time, the bell finally rang, signaling us that it’s time to head back to our classrooms. I was about to leave for my Music class when I heard Kai talked.

      “No short dresses or shorts! No sleeveless!” he told me, “Where a jacket too, okay?” he reminded me. “I need to cover your awful leags and your skinny arms!” he teased, laughing.

      Ugh, this moron!

      “Shut up!” I shouted back.

 

      We finally arrived in the club. Kai and I went separately since he went to Chanyeol’s house first. Gayoung was the one who accompanied me here. And as soon as Kai saw me, his eyes were enraged.

      “I told you not to wear short dress!” Kai nagged.

      “What do you expect me to wear, huh?” I spat back, “Long gown?” I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

      “Why can’t you just listen to me for one ing second?” he asked, gritting his teeth.

      I don’t know what’s up with him but he’s seriously making a big deal out of this!

      “What’s wrong with you?” I asked, feeling a bit agitated with his behavior.

      “Ugh!” he exclaimed exasperatedly, “You better change, or else—“ I quickly cut him off and folded my arms on my chest, “Or else what?” I asked.

      He didn't give me an answer but instead, he just left me there. I shook my head and sighed, “Yeah right, too much for asking.” I muttered as I went to our table and just sat there.

      “Another fight?” Chanyeol asked as he sat down beside me.

      “Did he expect me to wear a gown?” I asked as I rolled me eyes heavenwards.

      “Truthfully, yeah,” he laughed, “He even told us that you’re going to get in trouble if you wear something short.” he exclaimed.

      “Seriously?!” I asked, surprised.

      That guy’s seriously mental!

      “Yeah, he even wanted to go to the mall to buy you a decent dress but we stopped him because we were sure that you won't wear something like that, since he already warned you.” he informed me, “But I guess we’re wrong.”

      I rolled my eyes heavenwards and sighed. Kai is a very sensitive jerk, I know.

      “Sheesh, what a sensitive jerk,” I mumbled.

      “He just cares too much for you.” He mumbled, sending me a meaningful stare but I quickly brushed it off.

      “Anyways, I need to pee. I'll be right back." I told him and left.

      I stood up and went to the comfort room to wash my hands because it was sweaty. After that, I went back but on my way, someone blocked my way,

      “Look who’s here,” a guy smirked.

      I stared at him and as I can remember, he’s Jimin. The guy who molested me last time I went here. I quickly felt my blood ran cold as I felt my nervousness at the back of my head. But I mustered up my courage and decided to ignore him. I continued walking to our table but he's just too stubborn and blocked my away, again.

      “What's wrong with you?” I asked as I glared at him but deep inside, I was trembling in fear.

      The memories of what happened that night flashed back at my very eyes.

      “You still have that nice face, babe.” He smirked, “Want to have a wonderful night?” he winked as he touched my chin.

      I quickly backed away from him and started walking away but he grabbed my arms forcefully. I felt the force that he inflicted on my arms and I know for sure that it’s going to bruise.

      “You’re hurting me so let go.” I told him as I tried to get away from my arms but he didn’t budge.

      “Stop playing hard to get.” he told me and held my arms tighter that caused me to flinch.

      He was digging his nails so hard on my arms that it was already bleeding.

      “I said, let go of me!” I shouted.

      “Let go of my girl before I kick your .”

      Jimin and I both turned to the side and I was shocked to see Kai standing with a paperbag in his hands.

      “K-Kai...”


Author's message 

Hey babies! I know it has been a while since I've last updated. I was just busy these past few days, hell, I still am so I'm really sorry that I've updated late. Also, my mind was in a frenzy because of story ideas that popped inside my mind so I needed the time to organize everything. So yeah, I hope you guys understood! Also, please do subscribe, comment and upvote, it gives me the will to write the chapter faster. I hope you guys liked the update!

With love, Han Jihyun ♣


1 Timothy 2:9 - Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,