[forty-eight] Clinic.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – August 22, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It has been almost a month since Kai and I went to Japan to visit my family and to spend summer vacation there. We did great things and we surely enjoyed everything but today’s not the day to tell everything what had happened during our stay there, but I know for sure that Kai and I had grown closer to each other. It’s like we’ve built this invisible connection between us that only us can understand. Summer vacation has ended yesterday and today’s the official day to go back to school and to face the second term happily. Anyway, I’m actually here on my bed, trying to make the best of my time to rest because I just feel so exhausted right now and I can feel the pounding on my head and my cramps on my stomach. I don’t know what’s wrong but good thing that it’s not that bad so I can still tolerate it. I was having a good rest but too bad eonni’s knock were heard on the door.

      “Jiyeon-ah, it’s time for school.”  Eonni exclaimed as she stopped knocking.

      I covered myself with my blanket and muttered lazily, “Five minutes more,”

      I didn’t realize that someone had already snuck up on my room, until I felt a heavy presence hugging my figure, and I know for sure who that particular someone is.

      “What the heck, Kai! Get out!” I shouted as I try to remove his heavy arms away from me.

      “I won’t until you get that lazy of yours out of the bed.” He exclaimed as he snuggled closer to me.

      Tss. He sure knows how to annoy me early in the morning, huh?

      "Fine little dimwit, I'm waking up!" I exclaimed, irritated as I pushed him away from me.

      He finally moved away and smirked, “Do I always need to wake you up every morning?” he asked.

      I just rolled my eyes and threw him one of my throw pillows, "Get out!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

      “Okay, I will be staying downstairs wifey." He purred, mocking me.

      And what did he say?! Wifey?!

      “What the hell did you say?!" I asked, surprised.

      "See you later wifey." He ignored my remarks as he winked and went out of my room.

      And as soon as he went out of my room, I can hear his tremendous laughter outside. I really got a crazy heck of a fiancé. I shook my head and finally did my daily routine and immediately went downstairs and saw Kai sleeping in the couch. When he’s sleeping, he’s really angelic but I’m sure as hell that he’s the complete opposite if he’s awake.

      “Yah, Kim Jongin,” I called and he stirred slightly and opened his eyes slowly, “We’re late for school.” I exclaimed as I turned to eonni and oppa who was at the dining room when I heard eonni’s voice.

      “Jiyeon-ah, Myungsoo left some cupcakes last night while you were sleeping. Where should I put it?” eonni asked.

      “Really? I’ll thank him later. For now, please put it inside the refrigerator.” I exclaimed, “We’ll get going now!” I shouted as I went out of the house.

      “That L Kim gave you cupcakes again?” Kai snorted.

      “Well, it was sweet of him.” I muttered, “Do you want to have some later?” I asked.

      “No thanks,” he scowled, “That guy must’ve secretly put poison on that cupcake.”

      I just shook my head at him because I don’t really know why he’s so angry with Myungsoo.

      “Don’t even think of asking me why I hate the guts of that guy.” Kai mumbled under his breath as he walked passed by me.

      Tss, that brat.

      “Yah! Wait for me!” I shouted.

      We decided to take the bus today because Kai is too sleepy to drive. Yeah, he actually drives more often now because he’s tired of being together with his driver. He usually drives for me as a matter of fact and I’m kind of thankful for that since I won’t need to spend money with transportation fees. I guess there are also perks with having a wealthy of a fiancé. We were sitting at the back of the bus and I can clearly tell how sleepy he is right now. Well, he was actually playing oppa’s x-box the whole time last night. I guess that’s why he didn’t get enough sleep.

      “Yah, if you’re sleepy, just sleep.” I exclaimed, “I’ll just wake you up when we get there.” I muttered nicely.

      "Okay, wake me up! And don't fool around!" he threatened.

      I just rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. He snuggled closer to me and leaned on my shoulder. I don’t know why but I felt that familiar tug in my heart when he did that. I felt the same feeling while we were on Japan last time. I just feel so… happy. Until now, I don’t know what is the cause of that sudden tugging on my heart or the constant happiness that I’m feeling whenever I’m with Kai, I just felt it recently and now… it’s happening again. I didn’t notice that we were already at our stop. I quickly woke Kai up and went down the bus.

      "Haah,” he sighed, “I should've just stayed at home and slept. But that’s fine since I got my much needed sleep because of you." he muttered.

      “Well, if you didn’t stay up all night playing Seojoon-oppa’s x-box then you wouldn’t be sleepy right now.” I spat back.

      We finally arrived at our room and did our separate stuffs. Kai was using the free time to sleep and ignore me while I was just there, enduring my tummy ache the whole free time! Yeah, I still have it and I just want to go home like right now. And when I couldn’t stand the pain anymore, I decided to call Kai since Gayoung was nowhere to be seen.

      "Kai..." I called him but still, he's sleeping.

      This sleeping rabbit is seriously annoying! Argh!

      "Good morning." I was startled when the teacher came barging in, and that means the free time is already over.

      Haah, I guess I don’t have any choice but to endure this ache until class has ended.

 

      It’s already recess time and thank God that I was able to withstand the pain for two hours. After the class, I finally decided to go to the clinic to ask for a pain reliever or anything that could help the pain go away.

      I immediately left the room and was about to go to the clinic when someone called my name before I can leave, "Ayaka!" I looked back and saw Kai waving at me with a bright smile on his face.

      "What?" I asked. I don’t have any energy left in me so I would want to avoid Kai and his nonsense right now. I just want to go to the clinic and get this pain over with.

      "Come on, let's go eat together!" he smiled then he ran to me and put his arms on my shoulders.

      "K-kai, I can't." I muttered, barely a whisper as I removed his arms on my shoulder.

      It seems like the act angered him a bit since his brows suddenly clashed, "What? Why not?" he asked but before I can explain, he started talking and talking, not allowing me to voice out myself. "You're going with that L ing Kim again, huh? For Pete’s sake Jiyeon, I'm your fiancé and that is just your friend!” he shouted, making my sensitive ears hurt, “Fine! You're going with him?! Suit yourself!" he roared and walked out.

      What the heck?! What the heck is his problem?! Ugh! I can’t deal with his bipolar attitude right now. I need to go to the clinic as soon as possible. I turned my back against him and started walking to go to the clinic but this big time. My vision blurred out and after some seconds, I couldn’t see anything but black dots dancing around my eyes and before I passed out, I heard someone called my name… "Ayaka!"

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      Argh! I am so pissed right now! That L Kim is really getting into my nerves! First, he gave cupcakes to my fiancé and now, Ayaka chose him over me! I just really can’t understand that girl but surely, when I see that Myungsoo or whatever you call him, I’ll knock him cold! Because I was so pissed, I decided to go somewhere, somewhere where I can have a peace of mind and just hide myself from all these drama and just drift to dreamland. I was walking down the hallway when I passed by a girl that I don’t really want to see right now. Sooyeon just smiled at me and continued walking. I don’t know how to react since I’m still a bit pissed with what she had done between me and Ayaka last time but I just kept my cool and continued walking but I was shocked to hear her shout.

      "Aaw!" I immediately looked at her place and saw her clutching her ankle.

      Worry flushed over me and in one second, I was already beside her. I went to her place and helped her stand.

      "Hey, you okay?" I asked but I was startled when our eyes met.

      I guess I’m not really ready for any eye contact yet.

      "U-ugh... yeah." she smiled awkwardly and tried to stand up but as she tried to walk, she just fell again.

      Well, Sooyeon won't be Sooyeon if she's not stubborn. I went to her place and decided to carry her into my arms since I don’t have any choice. I can tell that she was shocked by my sudden action.

      Before she could even speak I smiled already, "Don’t misunderstand, any man who saw you in such situation will do the same things that I’m doing." I muttered as I carried her to the clinic.

      "K-kai..." she called out.

      I looked at her and she was staring straight into my eyes, "Hmm?" I asked as I turned to her.

      "Thanks..." she mumbled as she looked down.

      "No need to thank me. You know too well that I don't turn my eyes away from those people who need my help." I explained her.

      As I was carrying Sooyeon, I remembered that this happened once when I was with Ayaka in Japan. Unknowingly, a smile spread to my lips just by thinking about Ayaka and what happened. We finally reached the clinic in silence and I quickly lay her down the bed. A nurse immediately attended to us.

      "What happened here?" the nurse asked.

      "I think I sprained my ankle." Sooyeon explained.

      "Oh well, you can stay here.” The nurse smiled, “I'll just go get some ice and Mr. Kim, can you go get a clean towel on the cabinet?" the nurse asked as she turned to me.

      I just nodded my head and went to the cabinet which is a bit far from Sooyeon's bed but as I was walking, I passed by a bed. There, lay the girl whom I was fighting with a moment ago and the guy who started it all. I saw L Kim sitting beside Ayaka, while Ayaka was sleeping with beads of sweat in her forehead. Suddenly, I felt a flush of worry wash over me. Is she hurt?

      “Tss,” L hissed.

      I glared at that guy as my hand turned into a fist. My blood was boiling and I can feel my anger was radiating towards that jerk. I stared back at Ayaka and saw her being in deep pain with how she creases her forehead and how labored her breathing was. What the hell is she doing here?!

      "." L whispered

      ? Who, me?

      With the sudden realization of what that jerk meant, I quickly lunged towards his side and grabbed his collar, "What did you say?" I asked, gritting my teeth as I control my anger.

      This guy seriously knows how to piss me off, huh?!

      "." he spat out again, "You're the reason why she's here." he exclaimed and removed my hands from his collar, leaving me dumbfounded.

      What did he just say? I’m the reason why Ayaka’s here?! The is that!


1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.