[forty-four] Babysitting.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Sunayama beach, Miyakojima Island, Okinawa, Japan – July 4, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Another day had passed here in Okinawa and good thing that my ankle is doing great now. The swelling already subsided but I still left the bandage for extra care. It’s almost sunset here in Okinawa, telling everyone that another day had passed. For the past hours, Kai and I just enjoyed our stay here in the beach. We swam by the beach, we dived on deep waters, we ate appetizing food and now, we’re watching the sunset that we missed yesterday.

      “This would be my first time watching a sunset,” Kai mumbled.

      I turned to him, shocked, with the fact that he has never seen a sunset before. I mean, is he even human?!

      “What?” I asked, surprised, “What have you been doing your whole life?” I asked.

      “Well, I never thought of watching it or whatnot. Besides, I live in Seoul where it is hard to see the sunset and appreciate it.” He reasoned out.

      “Tss,” I hissed, “You have been taking your sense of sight for granted.” I exclaimed, “The sunset is one of the greatest things that God had made. It is so majestic that I could watch it all day if it’s possible.” I told him.

      I have always adored sunsets. My brother and I used to watch sunsets whenever we go to our grandmother’s house in the county. Just like what Kristen Butler said, sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully.

      “By the way,” he exclaimed as he turned to me, “I’m sorry if it’s late but you know what they say, ‘It’s better late than never.’” He muttered as he took my hand and placed a simple silver ring on my finger.

      I was surprised, dumbfounded even. I mean, why is he giving me a ring? And the ring looks gorgeous! It even fits my ring finger well! It’s a simple silver ring that has no diamonds or whatsoever; it is plain but plainly exquisite.

      “W-what’s this for?” I asked.

      “Well, I noticed that men are always lining up on you. I guess it’s not that obvious that you’re already engaged and those dickheads are just asking to be punched.” He muttered, “So I decided to buy you a ring to tell everyone that you’re mine.” He showed me his hands and there, I saw an identical ring with mine. “… And vice versa.” He added.

      I was speechless and I don’t know what to say. I didn’t ask for this, I just thought about it for a moment yesterday because of that and then now, Kai gave me a ring!

      “T-thank you,” it was the only thing that I managed to say.

      I don’t know why I am speechless. Is it the fact that Kai gave me a ring or is it because of what he said?

      “Don’t lose it or you’re dead.” Kai threatened, “And always wear it so that boys will think twice before asking for your number.” He muttered and I just sneered at him.

      “Do you think I will lose it?” I asked him, “And don’t worry, I’ll cherish this. This is your first gift to me anyway.”

      “It’s not my first gift,” Kai sighed, disappointed, “My first gift to you was the flower stuffed toy, have you forgotten?” he asked.

      Then I remembered that he actually gave me a flower stuffed toy when we bought Sooyeon a bouquet of Anemones. Now that I’m thinking about it, we really did come a long, long way. Who would have thought that I am going to be engaged with this jerk?

      “We missed it again,” Kai muttered, snapping me out of my trance.

      “Missed what?” I asked.

      Then I just noticed that the sun was nowhere to be seen and it was dark already. The sun had set and we missed it again, great. I didn’t even notice it! I was too surprised and dumbfounded with what Kai did, that even the brightest star was fully ignored.

      “Argh, how can we miss that?!” I exclaimed exasperatedly.

      “Don’t worry. We can always watch the sunset every day. But for now, it’s time for some party.” He smiled as he dragged me to the beach bar just nearby.

      We sat by the bar and Kai ordered a juice for me while he had some cocktail. He said that he doesn’t want me getting drunk but I say better.

      “I want to drink too!” I pouted.

      “No,” he answered back, “I don’t want you getting drunk.”

      “What’s wrong? You’re here, so it’s okay for me to drink.” I told him, “One cocktail please,” I ordered, earning a glare from Kai.

      “Tss, just make sure that you won’t do anything crazy.” He mumbled.

      “Anyway,” I exclaimed as I took my cocktail from the bartender, “When did you buy these rings?” I asked as I take a look of my ring.

      It’s really beautiful.

      “I bought it yesterday while you were sleeping.” He answered.

      “You did?!” I asked, surprised. “How did you even leave the hotel and communicate with the people here? I mean, you don’t even speak Japanese.” I muttered.

      “Well, I met a Korean couple yesterday and they helped me to buy that ring. Lots of work actually,” he answered, “I was really thankful that they know a place where I could buy a ring here in the beach.” He added.

      “Where are they?” I asked.

      “They probably left already.” He answered back, “Don’t worry, I already thanked them enough.” He added.

      I just nodded back as I sipped on my cocktail, “By the way, I’ll be going with Myungsoo the next day to tour him around. I’m just telling you so you won’t be surprised that I will not be at home.” I informed him.

      “What?!” he asked rather loudly, good thing that the music was so loud that it drowned Kai’s voice, “You’re leaving me alone?! Your brother is there! What do you expect me to do?!” he exclaimed.

      “My brother will not eat you, Kai.” I exclaimed, “In fact, he’s very friendly.” I told him.

      “Myungsoo is rich,” Kai muttered, “Why can’t he provide himself a true tour guide?” he sneered and I just shrugged at him.

      “Besides, my brother asked me to let you stay alone at the house. He said he wanted to know you better.” I told him.

      “What?!” he asked surprised, again, “You can’t leave me alone with your brother!”

      I just shook my head and sighed. Kai is being hysterical right now.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      I stared at Ayaka who is currently dancing wildly on the dance floor, and yes, she’s drunk. I already told her not to drink because by the looks of it, she can easily get drunk, and I’m right! She only had one cocktail and two glass of liquor and now, she’s being wild!

      “Whoo!” she shouted wildly as she started to grind her to a random guy.

      What the—I immediately went to her side and turned to the guy.

      “Gomenasai, [Sorry.]” the guy muttered as he pissed off.

      I turned to Ayaka and glared at her but she just keeps on dancing wildly. When she looked at me in the eye, she quickly pointed my face, almost poking my eye out.

      “You’re quiet familiar,” she slurred. “You look like my ugly fiancé!” she laughed as she covered .

      I decided to just shrug her insult of me.

      I shook my head and held her arms, “You’re drunk Ayaka,” I exclaimed as I tried to get her out of the dance floor.

      She gasped, surprised, “How did you know my name?” she asked, “Do I know you?” she muttered as she cups my face and stared at it.

      “Lee Jiyeon,” I called her, getting pissed by the moment.

      She better not drink with anybody else but me. She surely loses herself when she’s drunk! Who might know what she might do if she’s drunk, or the other way around. This world is full of evil people who will not think twice harming her.

      She gasped, again, “You also know my Korean name!” she muttered, “Are you Harry Potter?!” she asked, amused.

      Harry Potter? What does that mean? I don’t really get this girl.

      “Let’s call it a night, Jiyeon-ah.” I muttered as I carried her, bridal style.

      People started staring at me and Ayaka. And this girl over here just kept on thrashing and shouting at me.

      “Help me!” Ayaka shouted, “He’s kidnapping me!” she shouted again in English and in Korean.

      She even speaks in tongues. Seriously, this girl is driving me insane! This girl is seriously getting me into trouble! She keeps on thrashing and punching me but good thing that I’m able to dodge all her hits. This girl is seriously trouble and she’s tiring me out!

      “Hey, what are you doing with the girl?” a Korean guy asked, approaching us.

      “It’s nothing,” I muttered.

      “No, help me!” Ayaka shouted.

      “Ayaka, shut it.” I whispered at her.

      “I don’t know this man!” she exclaimed, “Somebody, help me!”

      The man stared back at me with doubt in his eyes. I quickly shook my head as I tried hard to smile, “My… ugh, fiancé is just drunk.” I muttered.

      “Fiancé?” the guy asked and I nodded.

      I tried hard to show him our ring and smiled, “We’re engaged.” I muttered.

      Finally, the guy smiled and nodded, “Sorry, I thought you’re hurting the girl.” He exclaimed as he gave way for me.

      I quickly left the bar and went back straight to our hotel room. I brought her to my hotel room since I can’t find her hotel keys. I put her down on my bed and stretched my back.

      “Phew,” I sighed, “You’re causing so much trouble Lee Jiyeon!” I exclaimed exhaustedly.

      “Hey you!” she shouted at me while she was pointing straight towards me, “Call my boyfriend or he’ll kill you!” she muttered.

      Boyfriend?

      “You should call Kai or he will rip your head off.” She mumbled before surrendering to the influence of the alcohol.

      I can’t help but smile at her and laugh. I sat beside her and her face.

      “You’re really one of a kind, huh?” I chuckled.

      I stood up and removed her sandals. I quickly tucked her on my bed and was about to leave the room when I stopped midway and smiled.

      “Why are you making me think like this Ayaka?” I asked as I shook my head and finally left.

      I was so tired with everything, I mean, we did so much today and add the fits that she have thrown! Man, babysitting that girl is seriously crazy! I lay on the sofa and finally got my goodnight’s sleep. I just hope that her hangover will not be as worse tomorrow because I had enough of babysitting her.


Author's message ♥

Hello everyone! Just like what I said last time, the following chapters would be very interesting and here it is! But to tell you the truth, it's not yet the end haha. Expect more on the upcoming days! And I would like to thank Kim Taeyeon's Starlight for giving me the inspiration behind the last three chapters. You should watch the MV, you can see some of the scenes there! Anyway, I hope you guys liked my update and if you did, please comment your thoughts and upvote! And for those who aren't subscribed yet, hit the subscribe button and receive notifications from this particular story.

Sending lots of love, Han Jihyun


Galatians 6:2 - Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.