[ten] Be my girlfriend.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Los Angeles, California – April 24, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      “Just my classmate mom,” I exclaimed as I hid my phone from her.

      “You’re not talking to that girlfriend of yours, are you?” she asked me.

      I rolled my eyes. My mom never meddled with my business but right now, I’m getting annoyed by her. My dad is the only one who sets me up to arrange marriage but he always doesn’t succeed because it’s either the girl backs out or the company crumbles down. I guess I’m just lucky that no one had liked my attitude.

      She wasn’t buying what I was saying so she went close to me and grabbed my phone.

      “Ayaka Lee?” she read.

      “Another girl from a middle class family? Or worse, from a poor family?” she asked me.

      I just shook my head and left her there, going inside the bathroom. I went to the sink to wake myself up and stared at my own reflection and then I remembered that day when everything crumbled down.

 

Seoul, South Korea – April 19, 2016

      “What is the meaning of this?!” Mom asked, holding the couple phone that Ayaka and I bought.

      I felt my heart beat raised and I felt so scared. I’ve never felt so scared in my entire life.

      “Mom, it’s not what you think.” I exclaimed as I tried to get the phone from her grasp.

      “So what your dad told me was true all along?” she asked, “You’re dating that lowly girl!” she exclaimed angrily.

      “She’s not a lowly girl!” I shot back.

      “I will say this once.” My mom exclaimed, “Break up with her.” She told me.

      “Mom—“ I was about to beg her when she stopped on her tracks, “You know very well why you can’t have a relationship with that girl and yet, you still did.”

      I slowly felt my whole world crumbling.

      “I’m very disappointed with you.”

 

      My mom found out about Sooyeon and I. It made my whole world fall apart. Everything is much more difficult now. I was sent to America a little bit earlier than expected, maybe because of what happened. My dad made sure that I won’t meet Sooyeon but still, I am here, fighting for our love.

      I understand my mom. Sooyeon’s life standing is not actually the issue here, no its way deeper than that. Mom and dad don’t care if I date someone like Sooyeon who came from the family of celebrities. The reason why they don’t want Sooyeon as my girlfriend is because of a conflict between her family and mine. As I have heard from my uncle who told me everything, one of my father’s brothers was sent to jail because of Sooyeon’s dad and until now, the combat between them hasn’t been reconciled.

      But I cannot help but to think how unfair this is. It is them who has problem with each other, why are they venting their anger towards us? I cannot understand.

      “Young master, your lunch is already prepared.” I heard one of the maid exclaimed.

      I went out of the bathroom and went downstairs.

      My mom was sitting on the long dining table together with my dad who was reading a newspaper in the middle of the day. I sat in front of my mom and started eating without thanking them for the food.

      “I heard from your mom that you were talking to this girl named Ayaka Lee.” My dad mumbled but I decided to just ignore him.

      “I know her you know,” my dad exclaimed, “Your mom and I are actually good friends with her parents.” He sighed and put the newspaper down.

      “Her family has a good family background, you know.” My mom added. “They own a great amount of properties and sends ‘out of school youth’ to school.”

      “Is she your friend?” dad asked.

      “Why? Would you ask me to stop seeing my only friend?” I asked him sarcastically.

      “No son, actually, I kind of like Ayaka for you.” He smiled, “I’ve met her once, in Japan and I see such good soul in her.”

      Good soul?

      “She helps in their company in a way that she knows. She co-help her sister at the orphanage and always does things with his brother.” Dad exclaimed with a wide smile in his face.

      “She is almost perfect. I really admire her and her family.”

      “How happy would I be if the one you fell in love with is Ayaka and not that lowly girl you’re dating.” Dad butted in.

      I stood up and quickly left the dining room. I don’t want to hear them talking badly to Sooyeon, it just makes my blood boil.

      As I was going back to my room, dad’s voice replayed inside my mind.

      “How happy would I be if the one you fell in love with is Ayaka and not that lowly girl you’re dating.”

      And I don’t know why but a brilliant but sick idea immediately popped inside my head.

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 2, 2016

      I went out of the car and quickly turned my head towards Ayaka’s house. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt like I missed her house. It seems like I missed it more than my house.

      Without further ado, I went to Ayaka’s house and rang the doorbell crazily.

      “What the eff?!” I heard a girl’s voice shouted from inside the house, “It’s only 4:00 in the morning for Pete’s sake!” she vented in anger.

      The door opened and Ayaka was in front of me, her hair messy, her eyes half closed and she was wearing her favorite clothes—big shirt and short shorts.

      She leaned against the door and glared at me.

      “Good morning!” I greeted with a big smile in my face.

      She opened her eyes and scowled at me, “What’s good in the morning, you jerk!” she exclaimed as she went back inside the house and lay down on the couch.

      I quickly followed her inside the house and crossed my arms.

      “Didn’t you miss me?” I asked her, joking.

      “Leave me alone.” She mumbled sleepily.

      “Ayaka, can you still remember what happened in Japan?” I asked her.

      She didn’t respond but I continued anyway.

      “I told you that you would pay for what you did right?” I told her, “Guess what? I already know how you can pay me your debt.”

      She opened her eyes and glared at me.

      “Haven’t you moved on from that yet?! It has been a month already!” she exclaimed.

      “I haven’t, besides I need you to help me.” I told her.

      “What do you want?” she asked me.

      I inhaled and smirked at her.

      “Be my girlfriend.”

 

LEE JIYEON

      Did I hear him right? Or was I really sleepy that I was making those things up?!

      “Ayaka, be my girlfriend.”

      I stood up and shouted at him, “Are you crazy?!”

      I wasn’t making things up! It’s true! Kim Jongin is asking me to be his girlfriend!

      My sleepiness drifted away from my soul and I was awake than ever.

      “That is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard in my entire life!” I exclaimed as I buried my face into my palms, “Please don’t repeat those words in front of my face again.”

      I don’t know what happened to Kai but he sure is mental. What happened in the past few days that Kai is acting like this?

      I went to the kitchen and hurriedly brushed my teeth.

      After that I went back to the living room and glared at Kai, “Are you mad or have you lost your sanity?” I asked him.

      Good thing Keiko-chan is not home since she stayed at Seojoon-oppa’s house last night, we can shout our asses off.

      “No, I’m not mad and I haven’t lost my sanity yet.” He exclaimed, “I’m serious about it.”

      I looked at his face, seeking for that mischievous grin that he is hiding but I can’t seem to find it. The only things that I’m seeing right now is his puffy eyes and tired face. He looks so shattered and exhausted.

      “I don’t want to.” I replied plainly.

      Whatever his reason may be, I don’t want to be his girlfriend because I know he’s still in love with Sooyeon. Besides, I’m not in love with him. Oh hell, my relationship with him is far from a boyfriend.

      “I don’t want to do it also.” He mumbled.

      What?

      “Then… why are you doing this?” I asked him.

      “Because it’s the only way.” He said, his voice cracking. “My mom and dad… they already found out about Sooyeon and I. They want me to break up with Sooyeon but I don’t want to.” He exclaimed.

      A tear escaped from his eyes and turned to me.

      “I know I will be facing consequences if I don’t break up with Sooyeon but I can’t do that. I can’t leave her… I want to fight for her.”

      I looked at him and again, I saw the very same guy who pleaded at me at that night. He is here, asking me again for a favor, a favor that I cannot do.

      “Kai…” I called him but he cut me off and continued with his monologue.

      “You’re my only hope Ayaka,” he mumbled as he looked at me with teary eyes, “Please help me.” He told me.

      Help him? How can I help him by being his girlfriend?

      “Let’s pretend to be together in order for my mom and dad to think that I already forgot about Sooyeon.”

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my heart. He wants to use me so he can be happy with his Sooyeon. I can’t let him do that…

      No… I’m not a woman like that.

      “Kai, I can’t do this.” I told him.

      He smirked and nodded, “I already know your answer but I still insisted and asked for your help.” He sighed, “But what would I expect? You can’t do it, even for me.” He finished and left my house.

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt guilty. I wanted to help him but I just can’t be in a relationship just for the sake of that! I don’t want my first relationship to be with someone that I do not love. It may be a fake relationship but still, it is a relationship.


Author's message ♥

Another update here! It is a filler but oh well, it is a great chapter nevertheless. Please expect more in the upcoming chapters! And oh, please do subscribe, upvote and drop a comment! With love, Jihyun


Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.