[thirty-one] Engaged.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Pierre Gagnaire à Séoul, Seoul, South Korea – June 17, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

Everyone turned to me, surprised. Even mom and dad were left gawking. I turned to Ayaka and she was glaring at me. Well, if I hadn’t said that, dad will probably make it worse.

      “Kai, are you even listening to yourself?!” Ayaka asked, surprised.

      “I know what I just said Ayaka.” I muttered. It’s not as if I’m in love with anybody. Well yeah, I am… with Sooyeon but it’s not as if she can be my fiancée. “And besides, it’s you so it’s fine with me. I’m your boyfriend. A trial for five months wouldn’t hurt, right?” I smirked.

      “It is settled then,” her mom smiled.

      “And by the way Jiyeon dear, you can call me auntie if you wouldn’t mind. Mrs. Kim is a bit old-style.” My mom chuckled.

      “The same goes for you Kai.” Ayaka’s mom exclaimed.

      “I think Ayaka and I need to talk, excuse us.” I stood up and grabbed Ayaka’s arm leading her away from our parents.

      “Yah!” she shouted as soon as our parents were out of earshot, “What do you think you’re doing?!” Ayaka exclaimed. “You’re agreeing with their nonsense?!” Ayaka asked as soon as I let go of her hands.

      “Yeah, what’s wrong with that?” I asked, shrugging.

      “Care to explain?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

      “Look, when I back out from this engagement, my dad will send me to Canada. When that happens, I won’t be able to see Sooyeon anymore and I can’t let that happen. Plus, I agreed to them since we have a choice.” I shrugged and crossed my arms, “Let’s make them believe that we are doing our best to be together for those five months. After that, we can go our own separate ways and tell your dad that we can’t do it anymore. Do you get me?” I asked.

      She looks a bit worried but I just smiled and held her shoulders.

      “Don’t worry,” I assured her, “I’ll do my best as your fiancé.” I winked.

      “But we have a rule, Kai.” She exclaimed as she removed my hands from her shoulders.

      “Rule? What rule?” I asked.

      “Don’t you dare fall in love with me.” She exclaimed and went back inside.

      As if. I rolled my eyes heavenwards and followed Ayaka.

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 23, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Days have passed since Kai and I have been engaged. Eonni and oppa already learned about it while my parents went back to Japan.

      “Yah, Lee Jiyeon!” Kai shouted, “Are you a turtle?! You’ve been taking a bath for an hour now!” he was knocking so hard on my bathroom door and shouting like a lunatic.

      Argh! Isn’t it too early for him to pester me?! And can’t he understand that I can’t get out because he is inside my room?! What is he doing in my room anyway?!

      “Will you leave my room?!” I shouted at him.

      The past few days were fine. I am always spending my time with Kai and being with him is kind of natural for me now. We eat together… we even eat in one plate if he’s too lazy to get his own food. He would also sleep in my house if he hates the people at his house and we would just watch movies at my room. Basically, he already owns the guest room. Some of his things are there but all in all, our parents are in favor of everything that’s happening. That is also the reason why he is here in my room right now, pestering me.

      “Don’t worry my fiancé, I won’t think of anything green.”

      I bet he’s smirking right now, tss.

      “Do you want to go to school or not?!” I shouted, fuming.

      “Fine!” he exclaimed, “I’ll wait for you downstairs and by the way, your yogurt is already here on your bedside table.”

      After that, I didn’t hear Kai anymore… maybe he already left. I went out of my comfort room and saw my room, empty. I quickly changed into my uniform as soon as possible and went down to see Kai watching basketball, again.

      “Come on, we’ll be late.” I exclaimed as I hang my bag on my shoulders and walked out of our house.

      Kai and I went inside his car and drove off to school.

      “Hey, we should eat lunch together, okay?” he asked, turning to me.

      “No thanks,” I answered, “I’ll be eating with Myungsoo.” I answered.

      I already told Myung that we should hang out today since I’ve been always with Kai since the rift between Kai and Sooyeon.

      “Myungsoo?” Kai asked in disgust, “Will you stop saying his name in front of me? I’m your fiancé for goodness sake!” he blurted out.

      “Oh shut up, Kim Jongkai.” I teased.

      I always get him whenever I call him Kim Jongkai because he said that it doesn’t sound cool. Well sure, it doesn’t sound cool but is sounds cute.

      “Aish!” he exclaimed, irritated, “How many times should I tell you that I’m Kai and not Kim Jongkai!”

      Both of us went out of the car since we already arrived in school.

      “Jongkai! Jongkai!” I teased again as we head to our classroom.

      I was jumping up and down, teasing him but because of my recklessness, I bumped into someone… or some people…

      “Oh, I’m sorry.” I apologized as I helped the girl to pick up the books that she fell but I was surprised to see two people in front of us.

      “Kai…” I called him as held his hand.

      I noticed that Sooyeon looked down in our hands and tried hard to smile.

      “Oh sorry…” she smiled.

      “S-sorry again…” I exclaimed and smiled lightly.

      I looked at Kai but he was just looking down and he can’t seem to look in front.

      “Come on Kai, we still need to finish some things.” I excused as I drag him away but before we could even leave, Minho stopped us midway, “So it’s true? Both of you are engaged?” Minho asked.

      I turned around and looked at Minho with a fake smile in my face.

      “Yes, yes we are so will you please excuse us?” I told him and left, dragging Kai away.

      I didn’t know where I was dragging Kai until we reached the corner of the hallway. I let go of his hands and crossed my arms.

      “They’re gone.” I told him and leaned against the wall.

      “Thanks,” he answered.

      “Come on Kai,” I exclaimed exasperatedly, “Stop acting like that! I will not be always here to help you get away from those uncanny meetings with your ex!” I muttered, “You should learn how to avoid them if you don’t want to hurt!” I exclaimed bluntly.

      He lifted up his head and shook his head, “Sorry.” He apologized.

      “It’s fine.” I exclaimed, “Come on, let’s smile and just enjoy the day.” I told him, smiling. He finally smiled again and nodded.

 

      It’s already lunch time and here I am at the roof top together with Myungsoo.

      “So, how’s your engaged life?” this is the very first thing that Myung asked me.

      I rolled my eyes and hit his head, “Shut up L,” I muttered.

      “Haha, I can’t imagine you being so lovey dovey with Kai!” Myungsoo teased.

      “Ugh Myung, please stop!” I exclaimed, “I don’t like this set-up, okay? But I don’t have a choice.” I told him, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

      “Be happy that I’m just the only one who’s teasing you right now since your best friend is nowhere to be seen.” Myung exclaimed. “But remember Jiyeon, if Kai hurts you… tell me and I’ll punch him hard.” Myungsoo smirked.

      “Sure,” I smiled, “And make sure Kai’s jaw will fly, okay?” I chuckled.

      “You wish is my command.” Myungsoo laughed.

      We spent the whole lunch together and too bad, we need to separate our ways when lunch ended. I was walking down the hallway when I saw someone whom I don’t want to have any interactions with. I quickly retrieved my back away from her and was about to leave when—“Lee Jiyeon!” aish! This is what I’m talking about! I faced her with a fake smile, “Oh, Sooyeon,” yes, it’s Park Sooyeon.

      “Can we talk?” she asked.

      I don’t want to talk to her so I immediately declined, “I’m too busy Sooyeon. I can’t talk to you right now.”

      “I just need a minute or two, Jiyeon.” She pleaded.

      I looked at her and she seems so desperate to talk to me so… “Fine,” I answered.

      We both decided to be late for our third class just so we can talk at the garden.

      “What do you want to talk about?” I asked.

      “I love Kai, Jiyeon.”

      What? Did I hear her right? He loves who?

      I chuckled at what she said and shook my head, “You love him?” I asked, “For goodness sake Sooyeon!” I exclaimed angrily, “If you really love him then why the hell did you break up with him?!” I asked.

      Sooyeon remained silent and slowly, tears started b in her eyes.

      “You know Sooyeon, Kai is so shattered right now. He’s broken beyond repair and sorry to say this but he doesn’t have friends like me, he’ll probably die because of sadness and pain that you caused him. And now, you’re telling me you love him?!” I asked, almost raising my voice.

      “That’s why I’m talking to you Jiyeon!” she snapped, “I love Kai…” she sobbed, “I love him so much to the point that I can do anything just for him. I can fall apart if I need to… and I’m thanking you because you’re here.” She sighed and stood up, “Tell Kai I love him.” She added and left, wiping the tears from her wet face.

      What the did she just say?!

 

      It’s already dismissal and Kai and I went home together. Kai decided to stay here in my room and we are currently watching some action movies that he brought. After today, the news already spread in school that Kai and I are engaged and they were suspecting that I am really the reason why Sooyeon broke up with their beloved Kai. Well, Myungsoo and Gayoung are the only ones who know the truth but I don’t care. But you know, being with him at home is okay when we were still ‘just friends’, but now, that’s he’s actually my fiancé feels a bit odd.

      “Stop staring at me like that, brat.” He sneered when he caught me staring at him.

      I just face the television again and tried my best to watch but this thing between us keeps on bothering me.

      “It’s not as if we’re on a true relationship.” He chuckled as if he can read my mind, “And besides, you told me not to fall in love with you, right?” he asked me and I nodded, “Well, as if I’m going to fall for you.” He smiled and pats my head.

      “But Kai… isn’t this a bit ridiculous for you?” I asked, “I mean… you just broke up with Sooyeon and now you’re stuck with me for five months?”

      “Nope,” he answered, “As long as it’s you, its fine with me.”

      I don’t know if that’s a joke or what but that feels wonderful. This wouldn’t hurt, right? Besides, I can say that Kai is my best friend aside from Myung. Kai and Myungsoo are the only guys that I’m comfortable with so I guess, I can consider this.

      “Fine, let’s just go with this.”


Colossians 3:14 - And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.