[six] Kim Myungsoo.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

(170425)

Seoul, South Korea – April 19, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It takes a lot of effort to adjust in your new environment. It’s hard to always think about your family whom you have left behind. It’s also hard to attend a school where you know nothing about. It has been two weeks since I’ve started attending school here in Korea and thank God that I am slowly adjusting in my surroundings. I miss my family but my mom always calls me and she tells me to be strong and keep on fighting. Right now, I’m beginning to open up my mind and feelings to Gayoung since she’s the only friend that I have here. It helps me a lot because these days, all I need is someone to talk to. Other people doesn’t want to talk to me since I’m the new girl but I guess that’s a good thing since I don’t want any attention while I’m staying here. Kai, on the other hand is a different story. He doesn’t talk to me in school that much but he constantly bugs me at home. Since he just lives across the street, it is easy for him to go to my house. He would always barge in to my home and always annoy the hell out of me. I kind of hate him but not the serious kind of hate.

      There was this time when I was super bored and I don’t have anything to do so I decided to call Gayoung and go to the mall but suddenly, Kai barged inside the house! He said he wanted to watch a movie with me and forced me to stay at home and watch ‘The Conjuring 2’ with him. I couldn’t do anything but to agree and cancel my meeting with Gayoung. As we were watching, he started screaming like there’s no tomorrow, while I’m there laughing at him for being such a chicken. But even though he’s always in my house, he still hasn’t met Keiko-eonni and Seojoon-oppa yet since whenever he comes at my house, my family would always be out or at work.

      “Jiyeon-ah, you’re lost in your thoughts again.”

      I was sent out of my reverie when Gayoung suddenly called my attention. Actually, I’m here at the cafeteria with her waiting for the bell to ring and go to our respective subjects.

      “W-what is it?” I asked.

      “I said, what arts are you taking?” Gayoung asked, “I’m actually taking swimming,” she smiled.

      “I’m taking music,” I answered back.

      “That’s sad, you’ll be alone,” Gayoung pouted.

      Gayoung is really cute whenever she does that, her pouty lips are just adorable.

      “I know,” I sighed, “I also heard that only few enrolled in that subject.” I informed her.

      “Yeah, it’s because Ms. Bang is really a strict teacher. Everyone avoids her.” Gayoung explained. I was about to ask her more about this Ms. Bang when the bell suddenly rang, “Come on, you don’t want to be late with your class with Ms. Bang.” Gayoung laughed.

      Gayoung showed me where the music room is and eventually left and went to the gymnasium. Today will be the first meeting with my teacher in music since she’s been absent for the past two weeks, they said that she was in a conference last time. With a thumping heart, I went inside the room but only to find it empty.

      “Hello?” I asked to confirm if anybody was there.

      When no one responded, I started to look around the room and to my delight, I found different kinds of musical instruments. A smile quickly drew in my face as soon as I saw various musical instruments. As a kid, I always wanted to play different kinds of instruments. I also wanted to learn to sing and dance, that’s why mom enrolled me to different kind of workshops when I was a kid. I learned ballet, jazz and hip-hop. I also learned to sing different kind of genre. I even learned to sing gugak. As for instruments, I’ve learned to play guitar, lyre, saxophone, cello, violin and the piano.

      “This place is a paradise,” I breathed out.

      As I was looking around the room, I noticed a piano beside the window and I don’t know why but suddenly, I had the urge to play. It has been long since I last played the piano.

      “I missed this,” I mumbled to myself as I ran my hands along the keys of the piano.

      I sat down and breathed as I laid my eyes on the beautiful ivories before me. I guess it was my instinct when out of nowhere I started playing “First love” by Utada Hikaru. “First love” is one of my favorite piano pieces but my favorite pianist is Yiruma. I really love his works especially “River flows in you” and “Kiss the rain”. Call me mainstream but those are just masterpiece! It has been years since I last played but as soon as I started playing, I became one with the music. I can feel the melody flowing in my body and as the music came to an end, somebody’s clap startled me.

      I quickly turned towards the door and saw a tall guy clapping. I don’t know what happened to me but I suddenly found myself dumbfounded in his visuals. He is seriously handsome! His eyes were beautiful—it was a shape of two crescent moons. It became even more enthralling when it was illuminated by the sunlight coming from the windows. His hair was a bit messy and colored brown, just like oppa’s favorite chestnuts. It seems like he was ripped out fresh from a manhwa. It feels like he came out from Kang Chul’s world—that is how handsome he is.

      “That was incredible!” he exclaimed as he stopped clapping.

      He is handsome, yes, but still I was surprised by his sudden appearance and I suddenly felt embarrassed.

      “And who are you?!” I asked, raising my tone a little bit higher.

      “The name is, Kim Myungsoo,” he smiled.

      “What are you doing here?!” I snapped.

      I couldn’t help but to feel embarrassed right now. I mean, no one has ever heard me play piano before since I don’t play often. My mother and father haven’t even seen me play before. They went to my recitals but that was when I played saxophone and when I danced and sing. And here’s this guy, who just heard me play the ivories. I just couldn’t believe it.

      “Why do you have so many questions?” he chuckled.

      “Get out,” I exclaimed coldly.

      Don’t get me wrong—I’m not mad. It’s just that I’m not comfortable in letting other people hear me play the piano. I’m still not in my best.

      “Why are you so cold?” he asked, “The music was sad and cold but I didn’t know that the pianist is cold as well,” he added.

      Suddenly, I felt bad. I’ve never been this cold to anyone before. Why did I act cold around him? I don’t know…

      “I-I’m sorry,” I exclaimed as I lowered my head, “I was just too surprised and embarrassed.” I added.

      “You don’t need to be embarrassed, you we’re great,” he smiled as he went closer to me, “Besides, your rudeness didn’t flush my amazement towards you.” He muttered.

      His smiles were incredible. It was mysterious but still, it made him more handsome.

      He went to my place and sat beside me and touched the piano, “You know, I always wanted to play the piano. Maybe you can teach me how,” he mumbled and started playing some random keys.

      I immediately grabbed his hands and laughed, “Ssh! You’re making noise!” I exclaimed. I looked at him and started to play some notes, “Can you sing?” I asked.

      “Uhm… yeah,” he answered as he scratched the back of his head.

      “Do you want me to play any particular song?” I asked.

      I was surprised with what I said. I don’t usually play for just anyone but somehow, I wanted to play a song for him. It feels like I feel lighter when he came by my side. Do you know that feeling? The feeling of being protected?

      “Do you know Seo Inguk and Jung Eunji’s ‘All for you’?” he asked.

      I nodded and started playing. I was playing and when Seo Inguk’s part came, he suddenly started singing.

      “Actually, I worried about this a lot… Because I had nothing I could do for you.” I was shocked that he suddenly started singing. “Even though I lack so much and I don’t have much. Will you still accept me?” his voice was soothing and I wanted to hear it forever.

      The chorus came and I didn’t know that I was actually singing along with him. We continued until I decided to stop when we reached the middle of the chorus, making a dreadful silence. It was awkwardly quiet and no one was speaking. I was just looking at the piano keys and I don’t know what to say. I suddenly felt embarrassed with what just happened.

      “Y-you have an incredible voice,” he exclaimed, breaking the ice.

      “T-thanks,” I mumbled.

      “Good afternoon to the both of you,” both of us were startled when somebody spoke.

      I looked at the door and saw an old woman with a bright smile in her face. She was wearing a beautiful pair of woman suit. Her hair was tied in a bun, letting us see her beautiful face. Her eyes are framed with circle lenses that make an impression of a terror teacher but with the way she smile, it says otherwise.

      “Good afternoon Ms. Bang,” the guy exclaimed as he bowed.

      So… this is the teacher that Gayoung was talking about?

      I immediately bowed and greet her, “Good afternoon Ms. Bang,” I greeted.

      “I guess the both of you have met already,” she smiled. “Only two students signed up for my subject and it turns out that they are amazing musicians,” she added as she looked at the both of us.

      Is she saying that… we are that two students?! When I heard that few enroll here in this subject, I didn’t expect to see only two people—my one and only classmate and my teacher.

      “Many students don’t like me and sometimes, they don’t pick music as their arts. This year, I’m surprised to see two names listed under my class.” She told us. “Why don’t we start?” She went to the front while the guy and I sat in one of the many chairs, “Why don’t you introduce yourselves to me,” she told us. “Let’s start with…” she muttered as she looked at her record, “Kim Myungsoo,” she finished.

      Myungsoo—I believe his name is—went in front of the room and smiled.

      “Hello, I’m Kim Myungsoo.” He bowed.

      “Tell us more about yourself,” Ms. Bang smiled, “We have lots of time.”

      Myungsoo nodded, “You can also call me L since that is what my friends and classmates call me. I’m 19 years old,” he exclaimed as he scratched the back of his head, “I was in a band when I was 17 but I decided to quit in order for me to focus on my studies. I can play the guitar, bass, drums, flute and violin. I can also sing.” He finished.

      “What are you looking forward on learning at my subject?” Ms. Bang asked.

      “I wanted to play the piano and violin. Well, I can actually play the violin but I want to improve it more.” He exclaimed.

      “Okay, thank you Mr. Kim,” Ms. Bang exclaimed, “Ms. Lee, it’s your turn.” She told me as she motioned me to go in front.

      I went in front and bowed, “Hello, I’m Lee Jiyeon. I’m 17 years old and I was born in Sapporo, Japan.” I exclaimed, “I can play several instruments such as guitar, lyre, saxophone, cello, violin and the piano.” I told them.

      “You’ve learned enough,” Ms. Bang exhaled, “But what are you looking forward on learning in my subject?” she asked.

      “I want to enhance my singing as well as my skills in guitar.” I smiled.

      Ms. Bang just nodded and motioned me to sit down. She stood up and went in front of the room.

      “Once again, I want to thank you for signing up in my subject.” Ms. Bang smiled, “I hope that you would enjoy the rest of the year with me but for now, I’ll dismiss the class.” She smiled and soon left the room.

      After my subject with Ms. Bang, I decided to go back to our room and stay there while waiting for my next subject. Good thing Gayoung was there too.

      “Hey, you’re dismissed early?” I asked her.

      “Yeah, Mr. Kang is absent today.” She answered.

      “Oh,” I muttered.

      “How about you?” she asked. “What happened with your class?”

      “It was great,” I smiled, “I thought the teacher would be terror but it seems like she’s nice.” I answered. “Anyway,” I exclaimed, “Do you know someone with the name Myungsoo?” I asked her.

      I’m actually intrigued with my classmate from music class. I don’t know, since that time, his face and voice never left my mind anymore.

      “Myungsoo? I know several Myungsoo’s.” she muttered, “Jung Myungsoo 12/3, Gong Myungsoo 11/2, Cha Myungsoo 11/1 and Kim Myungsoo 12/2, why?” she exclaimed.

      “There’s this guy who barged inside the music room and asked me to teach him how to play the piano.” I explained, “And he’s, well, handsome. But that’s not the point,” I laughed, “I actually loved his voice.”

      “That’s fascinating,” she mumbled, “Oh by the way, don’t tell me it’s Gong Myungsoo! You’ll be in trouble if it’s him!” she chuckled.

      “Are you looking for me?” somebody spoke from the side and I was shocked to see the same guy that I met at the music room.

      “Kim Myungsoo 12/2,” he told us with a smile.

      “L-l…” Gayoung stuttered. “Hello, nice to meet you!” she exclaimed as she quickly greeted the man in front of us.

      “She knows how to greet, how about you?” he asked as he turned to me.

      I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled, “We already met a moment ago,” I muttered under my breath.

      His attitude suddenly changed from the music room to here. Is he bipolar, or what?

      “Hey miss, can I borrow Jiyeon first?” he asked.

      Borrow? What am I, some kind of a possession? I was about to address his remark when he suddenly dragged me away without even hearing Gayoung’s response.


Proverbs 24:3-4 - Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms shall be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.