[twenty-six] Hope.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 10, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Whenever I’m sad or down, I would always eat something sweet or anything that would lift my spirits up. I decided to bring Kai to the nearest ice cream shop and treated him banana split since he doesn’t want to order for himself.

      “Do you like it?” I asked, referring to the ice cream in front of him.

      “I don’t like sweets.” He muttered as he pushed the glass of ice cream forward.

      Tss. He should at least taste it.

      “If you say so,” I told him as I took a bite from my chocolate sundae.

      “Yah!” he shouted, “Aren’t you going to buy me some too?” he asked as he pointed my chocolate sundae.

      “I already did.” I muttered as I pointed at the banana split.

      “Aish!” he exclaimed, irritated, “You should obey me! I’m the brokenhearted here!” he reasoned out as he snatched my chocolate sundae away from me.

      “YAH!” I shouted, surprised.

      “Here, eat this.” He muttered as he gave me his banana split while he took a bite from my sundae.

      “But that’s my choco…” I pouted.

      “Stop pouting like a little girl.” He chuckled.

      I just rolled my eyes and didn’t have any options but to eat the banana split that was supposed to be his. I’ll let this pass since he’s hurting right now. I don’t want him to feel worse than he already is. After some time, we finally finished eating the ice cream but we decided to stay at the ice cream store first.

      “Are we going back to school now?” he asked.

      “Nope,” I answered.

      I still want to spend time with him and let him forget about Sooyeon and Minho because I know that he is still hurting, besides, what if we see those two back in the school? No, that can’t happen.

      “Where do you want to go?” I asked.

      “I don’t want to go anywhere.” He answered back, “I just want to sleep.” He muttered.

      No, he shouldn’t sleep. I should let him forget about Sooyeon even just for today.

      “No, you’re not going to sleep.” I sneered.

      After that, no one dared to talk. We were just watching the cars pass by the streets.

      “Ah!” I exclaimed.

      I already know now! It has been a while since I last went there and I think this is the best time to go back there and I’m sure Kai would love it there.

      “What?” he asked, boringness was palpable in his voice.

      “I know where we’re going now!” I exclaimed happily and quickly dragged him away from the shop.

      We rode the bus to go to my desired place. I just miss that place and I’m happy that I would be spending the day with Kai in there. Kai looked devastated while looking at the window. It was as if he’s thinking about Sooyeon again. I just want to smack him and tell him to wake-up from his nightmare.

      “Where are we going?” he finally asked, looking at the window.

      “To my paradise,” I answered with a bright smile on my face.

      “Paradise?” he asked.

      “Yeap, we’re going to my paradise.” I answered again.

      “And where is this ‘paradise’?” he asked as he rolled his eyes heavenwards.

      “Will you stop doing that? You look like a girl.” I muttered as I nudge him slightly in his side.

      “Shut up.” He told me.

      “You, shut up.” I told him back.

      “You, shut up.”

      I decided to just stop talking because I know that we will just have another nonsense conversation. I should really teach Kai to talk with sense! After some minutes, we finally arrived at our station and we only walked a few blocks and we eventually arrived in front of a big gate. I quickly smiled as soon as I saw the sign, “Always wear a smile!” the sign said.

      “So your paradise is a home for the aged?” Kai asked, disappointed.

      “It’s not a home for the aged, you little dimwit.” I sneered, “It’s an orphanage.” I muttered.

      I pulled him inside and before us were green grass and kids running and playing around. This is the orphanage that my family owns. I went here last five years ago as well as last, last summer. I love playing with kids here; it just makes me feel happy to be with them.

      “The sign said to wear a smile, you should too!” I told him but he was still frowning.

      “I don’t like kids, Ayaka.” He blurted out.

      “You will like them, trust me.” I winked. “And please, smile!” I muttered as I spread his lips into a force smile. “Better!” I cheered happily.

      Kids are so cute and for me, they are stress relievers! I pulled him inside the main building and loud voice of little kids welcomed us warmly.

      “Jiyeon-ah!”

      I looked at my side and saw Eunbi walking towards me.

      “Eunbi-ah!” I exclaimed as I hugged her tight.

      “I missed you!” I exclaimed.

      “I missed you too!” she smiled, “The kids missed you too!”

      She is Jung Eunbi, one of the caretakers of our orphanage. I met her five years ago and she is the same age as me. Eunbi is an orphan just like Keiko-chan but she didn’t have the chance to have a family of her own so mom and dad decided to just let her work here until she can support herself financially.

      “Oh yeah,” I mumbled as I remembered that Kai is actually with me.

      I pulled Kai closer to me and introduced him to Eunbi.

      “Eunbi, this is Kai, my friend. Kai, this is Jung Eunbi, the caretaker of our orphanage.” I smiled.

      The both of them shook each other’s hand and bowed to each other.

      “Oh, and by the way! Mina has been waiting for you to come since the time she knew that you’ll be staying here in Korea!” Eunbi smiled.

      As I heard Mina’s name, a smile quickly crept in my face.

      “Mina?” I asked excitedly.

      “I know she’ll be happy when she sees you!” Eunbi smiled.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      I really hate kids because they are so annoying and very loud. I just don’t get why Ayaka brought me here but since, I don’t want to be alone, I decided to go with her. It’s better to be in a noisy place than to be in a silent room, alone. Good thing Ayaka dragged me out of school and forced me to go with her because I don’t know what I would do if I am left alone. The sun might not shine for me again.

      I was just following Ayaka and Eunbi until we arrived at a room. I guess it’s a music room since there are plenty of musical instruments in here.

      “Mina-yah,” Ayaka called.

      Who is this Mina, by the way?

      “Jiyeon-eonni is here. Mina-yah…” Ayaka called passionately.

      Soon after, a bald girl came out from the curtains, maybe she is hiding there. I was surprised by her appearance. Every kid in this orphanage looked so strong and happy but this girl in front of us looked so frail and she was full of bruises. She was wearing a pink long sleeve blouse and pajamas. But even though she looked weak, she still smiled, brightening her face.

      “Eonni?” she asked, happiness lacing her voice.

      “Mina-yah!” Ayaka exclaimed happily.

      The kid quickly ran towards Ayaka and hugged her tight.

      “I missed you eonni! Why didn’t you visit me sooner?” she asked as she pouted.

      “I’m sorry Mina, I was very busy.” Ayaka answered as she kissed the forehead of the little girl.

      I don’t know why but I feel happy seeing them together. I barely know this Mina-girl but she gives me happiness and I couldn’t help but to smile.

      “By the way Mina, I want you to meet someone.” Ayaka smiled and turned to me.

      “Mina, meet Kai-oppa. He is my friend. Kai, meet Mina,” Ayaka introduced.

      Mina smiled at me and took my big hand into hers and shook it.

      “Hello! I’m Hwang Mina.” She smiled, her eyes almost disappearing. She looked so cute, smiling.

      “Hello,” I smiled back.

      “Oh yeah, eonni! I need you to listen to my composition!” Mina exclaimed as she pull Ayaka to the piano and she started playing her composition.

      It was good, her composition was comforting and I guess, it was the thing that I needed. Eunbi and I were watching Ayaka and Mina play at the piano.

      “Isn’t she beautiful?” Eunbi asked out of the blue.

      “Yeah…” I answered awkwardly.

      Well for me, Mina is pretty but I think she will be prettier if she has hair. If only her frail body gains weight and her eyes wouldn’t look so dull, she would be much prettier.

      “You must be wondering about her hair?” Eunbi asked.

      I know it’s awkward to ask but I really want to know.

      “Yeah, what happened?” I asked curiously.

      “Mina is a leukemia patient.” Eunbi exclaimed.

      Leukemia?

      “Her illness was diagnosed two years ago while she was only five years old.” That’s sad… she experienced such hardship in such a young age. “Too bad that she’s an orphan, we can’t find the exact match for her bone marrow transplant.”

      I don’t know why but I felt sad knowing her story. She doesn’t deserve such cruel thing… she’s… she’s too young.

      “Good thing she met Jiyeon last, last summer. Mina had hope on Jiyeon. Jiyeon gave her hope to still continue her life even though it is so cruel to her.” Eunbi exclaimed.

      Jiyeon gave her… what?


Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."