[eighty-seven] Lunch and movie dates.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – November 21, 2016

OH SEHUN

      It has been weeks now since Joohyun vowed to stick with me like a pest and let me tell you, that girl wasn’t kidding. The next day after all the drama at my place, Joohyun showed up at the gate of the school, waiting for me. And when I pushed her away, she just went closer to me. She accompanied me to my room like she was some sort of a bodyguard, she fetches me at my classroom during lunch so that we could eat together and she also waits for me after school and waves me goodbye as I left with my car. And everything that she’s doing just reminds me of what I used to do when I was still courting her. I just couldn’t believe that she’s really doing this, I mean, when she told me those things at my house, I didn’t believe any of it. But now that she’s really doing it, I am just mindblown.

      “Are we going to eat with your friends today?” Joohyun asked as she trailed behind me.

      I didn’t answer back as I continue on walking towards the cafeteria. I haven’t spent my lunches with my friends these past few days since almost every one of them were busy finishing requirements.

      “Sehun-ah!” Jiyeon beamed as soon as she saw me entering the cafeteria.

      I immediately smiled because I really missed that midget right there. I quickly went to their place and Jiyeon welcomed me with a warm hug which I gave back in return.

      “I missed you Jiyeon,” I smiled as I crushed her into my embrace but our moment was suddenly cut off when two people cleared their throats rather loudly.

      Jiyeon and I quickly separated from each other as Kai gave me a look.

      “Where have you been all this time, you barnacle,” Kai muttered as he went to my place and fistbumped me.

      “Well, you guys were so busy with all those s so I decided not to bother you guys.” I answered back.

      “And who’s this?” Gayoung asked as she smiled towards Joohyun, “So you went missing for weeks and then you come back with a girl?” Gayoung laughed.

      Oh, I almost forgot that she’s here. But before I could even explain, Chanyeol gasped as soon as she saw Joohyun.

      “Ms. Julliard?!” he asked, surprised, “You… guys are back together?”

      I rolled my eyes heavenwards and hit Chanyeol in the head, “Quiet down,” I murmured and he just chuckled at me. “Everyone, this is Joohyun, she’s my…” I trailed, finding the right words to introduce her but the best word that I could say was, “Old friend,” I exclaimed, “I… uhm, helping her to adjust here in school.” I muttered and the two boys—Chanyeol and Kai, together with Jiyeon just gave me a skeptical look because they all knew who Joohyun is.

      “Joohyun,” Gayoung smiled as she went to Joohyun and offered her hand, “Moon Gayoung, Sehun’s friend.” She introduced.

      Joohyun smiled back as she looked at me but soon took Gayoung’s hand and shook it, “Bae Joohyun, its pleasure meeting you.” She introduced.

     

      After some introductions and all that , we gathered all together and ate in silence. It was awkward since almost everyone knows about Joohyun but there’s one person who was brightening the mood up—Gayoung.

      “So, you transferred here,” Gayoung started, “Where are you from initially?” she continued.

      “Uhm,” Joohyun fidgeted, “I came from New York. I studied in High School of Arts and Technology but I also went to Julliards for ballet classes.” She answered.

      “Really?!” Gayoung asked, surprised, “I actually dance ballet too! I wish we could dance some time.” She beamed.

      I internally smiled. It has been years since I last saw her dance and I would love to see it again because Joohyun is a really great dancer. I was about to in their conversation to tell them that I’d be going too but then Joohyun spoke before I could even talk.

      “Ugh, sorry,” she mumbled as she looked away from Gayoung and focused herself on her food that she began poking, “Uhm, I… I can’t dance anymore,” she whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

      “You can’t?” Gayoung asked, surprised, “Why not?”

      I waited for Joohyun’s response but I was shocked when she told the words I couldn’t believe she could say.

      “I can’t dance anymore,” she exclaimed, “I… I had an injury and it’s restricting me to dance ballet… so I gave up on it.”

      I was shocked, stunned even. I couldn’t believe what she just said. She… can’t dance anymore. I stared at her and I swear, I saw a lone tear fell from her eyes.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      The lunch was quiet today and the only people who were talking are Gayoung and that girl, Joohyun. I didn’t partake in their conversation or even spared that girl a glance. I didn’t want to—I couldn’t. I’m not mad at her, and certainly not because of Kai. I am quiet upset with her because of what happened between her and Sehun. I haven’t heard the whole story yet so I was keeping my calm. I wanted to ask Sehun about it and these days, I would.

      “Babe, are you okay?” Kai asked when he noticed that I was kind of quiet.

      “Uhm, I’m actually not feeling good,” I lied.

      Seriously, I don’t really want to stay here and listen to their chats especially when I can clearly see that Sehun’s not enjoying it very much. I mean, why did he even bring this girl here?

      “Should I bring you to the clinic?” Kai asked worriedly and I quickly nodded.

      “Yes please,” I muttered.

      Kai excused us for a second and finally left the table. And as soon as we were away from them, I quickly hugged Kai tight.

      “Hey, are you really okay?” he asked as he hugged me back.

      “No,” I exclaimed as I parted from our hug and smiled at him, “I wasn’t just comfortable sitting there with that girl. I mean, it’s just awkward—I mean, I was jealous of her once because I mistaken her for someone else and I’m kind of upset about her and Sehun.” I answered truthfully, “I don’t want to see her yet, especially now that I can see that our best friend isn’t happy because of her.” I exclaimed.

      “Aigoo,” Kai sighed, “You’re stressing yourself way too much.” He mumbled, “Whatever Sehun’s doing, he knows what it is. He’s not dumb to get hurt twice.” He assured me and I wish he’s right.

      I couldn’t afford to see one of my best friends hurt just because of some random girl—well, not quite random but you get the point.

      “I can’t help it,” I sighed as we continued on walking on the school grounds, “You know how much I care for my friends. I treat them as my family and I don’t want them getting hurt.” I answered back.

      “Sehun will probably talk to us about these matters, for now, you should ease up.” He told me, “You’ve been stressed these past few weeks,” he stated.

      “I don’t know,” I chuckled lightly, “I guess I’m just overthinking about everything.” I confessed.

      “I figured,” he laughed, “That\s why I have been planning this for a while now since you’ve been very busy with everything and I just want you to take off with all those responsibilities.” He started, “Loosen up, have some fun. Life’s too short to overthink.” He winked which caused me to chuckle, “So, why don’t you go out with me today?” he asked.

      “What?” I asked, laughing.

      “You know… unwind, have some fun, eat and drink some.” He suggested but I wasn’t having it.

      We have so much more to do and I haven’t even finished some of my requirements yet that are due next week.

      “I…” I trailed, wanting to decline but Kai quickly shut me off.

      “Give this day for me,” he bargained, “Just today,” he muttered as he looked at me, determined, “I’ll not bug you when you’re doing school stuffs. I’ll just bring you foods and make sure you sleep well but I won’t bug you much, just go out with me today.”

      I looked at my boyfriend and I couldn’t help but to give in with the face he was pulling. He was pouting and his eyes were pleading me—he looked like Puss in boots from Shrek.

      “Fine,” I laughed and Kai howled in happiness as he tugged me towards the car excitedly.

 

      I didn’t know where we were going but I just left it all to him while I waited to arrive at our destination. After some minutes, we finally arrived at COEX Mall in Gangnam. I don’t know why we’re here but it’s quiet odd since I know that Kai doesn’t like malls—especially if its with me because I take so much time shopping while he waits for me.

      “Why are we in the mall babe?” I asked as Kai helped me get off the car.

      “To watch a movie, of course.” He smiled.

      “Movie?” I asked.

      “You’ve been waiting for the Fantastic Beasts since it was announced. It has already been days since it started showing and you haven’t watched it yet and I figured—“ I didn’t let him finis what he was about to say when I leaned in and kissed him.

      “Thank you so much babe,” I smiled.

      His small action really swelled my heart in delight. I couldn’t believe that he actually listened to me last time when I told him about the movie because he said that he hates Harry Potter movies. I even planned on watching the movie with Gayoung since I don’t want to force my boyfriend to see it just because I wanted to. But now, he’s the one who actually insisted to watch it. Ugh, how can I be so lucky in my life?!

      “Well, I would probably always let you watch movies if it means that I would have a kiss everytime.” He kid and I just hit him playfully because he’s ruining the moment.

      “You ruined it again,” I exclaimed which caused him to laugh.

      “I always ruin our romantic moments because we get too sappy.” He laughed and I agreed back.

      We arrived at the movie booth and bought some tickets. We were right on time since the movie will start in ten minutes. When we settled inside the movie house, Kai was holding my hands into his and I’m quiet thankful since he was kind of warming it up for me.

      “I thought you don’t like Harry Potter movies?” I asked him while he was kissing my knuckles.

      “I do,” he answered as he nodded, “But since you wanted to see it, I obliged.” He shrugged, “Besides, this would be our very first movie date ever.” He winked and I saw it clearly even though it was kind of dim inside the theater.

      “Thank you again,” I smiled.

      “Anything for my babe.” He answered back as he kissed my forehead before finally focusing on the movie.

      Oh God, thank You for blessing me with such wonderful man.


Author's message ♥

Hey sweetcheeks! Long time no update hahahah. I'm really sorry if I became MIA last time since I was really busy with school works and our finals just finished and also, I had a really bad writer's block and I just couldn't think of anything to update. I actually had planned all the chapters already but I just can't have the right inspiration to write. But thank goodness for the royal wedding this week, I was able to pull off some ideas with it.

I'm just really inspired with the love between Prince Harry and now, Dutch of Sus and his wife Meghan Markle and now, Dutchess of Sus. I don't know but their love story just appeared genuine to me and I actually imagine the characters being them while writing it--I completely forgot about Kai and Ulzzang Park Seul (I'm sorry my babies ♥)

Anyway, I have to warn you guys that the timeline would be jumping from time to time since I need to meet my target chapters until I reach the of the story. This is a really long story--a novel, even, so I hope you guys would stay with me until the end because you never know what would happen next  ;) To cut all the chase, if you guys liked the update, please do post your thoughts in the comment section below and you can also upvote while you're at it! Mark this as your bookmark and if you haven't yet, please do subscribe! Okie, ciao!

Sending you royal hearts, Jiyeon ♣


1 Peter 1:24 - For, "All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall,