[fifty-five] Kim Taeyeon.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 5, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I tried to process everything that I just said. I tried hard to think of an excuse to get away from the truths that I just said. But all I could ever think of was to deal with it head on and just let the truth go, and just to spill everything to Kai’s friends. I stared at their eyes, finding anything that could possibly give me ease to tell them the whole truth but found nothing.

      “Ahh, uhm,” I stuttered as I fidgeted, trying to find some words at the back of my head but I just can’t seem to do so. My head was a blank slate as of the moment.

      “What do you mean by that Jiyeon?” Chanyeol asked as he cocked his eyebrow.

      “I—ugh,” I stuttered again.

      “Fake relationship?” Sehun asked as he stared back at me.

      I quickly avoid my eyes from him and looked down. I sighed and played with my hands and fingers. It feels like I have betrayed them or something and I’m seriously feeling bad right now.

      “D-didn’t Kai tell you about our true relationship?” I asked.

      “True relationship?” Sehun repeated.

      “W-we’re ugh…” I pondered, thinking if it’s okay to tell them everything, “What’s between Kai and I are… well, fake.” I smiled awkwardly as I scratched the back of my head.

      “Fake?!” they both asked in unison.

      “Shush,” I hushed them as we grabbed the attention of others. My shoulders sagged as I looked at their eyes, “Kai and I are not really in a relationship.” I exclaimed.

      They eyed me suspiciously and Chanyeol immediately cleared his throat, “Can you… elaborate further?” he asked.

      This is the thing that I was most afraid of—getting busted. I just feel like I’ve done such bad thing to lie to my friends.

      I sighed as I leaned back on my chair and started telling them everything, “Kai and I started our fake relationship to mislead his father. Kai and Sooyeon were hiding from their parents that time and the only plan they came up with was for us to have a fake relationship.” I stated, “They told everybody that they broke up already and that Kai is already dating me. However, that didn’t last long since Sooyeon broke up with Kai soon after. I bet you guys already know about that.”

      “Wait,” Sehun stopped me, “So when the time that we first met you, you already had fake relationship with Kai?!” he asked, “I-I thought you guys just got together after Sooyeon and Kai broke up. T-then after that, you guys got engaged because of—wait, I need a second.” Sehun muttered as he breathed heavily.

      I nodded, “Yeah, we already had a fake relationship back then.” I answered as I eyed Sehun as he stared at me, shocked, “Regarding the engagement, well, that’s because of our parents. It’s a fixed engagement.” I stared at them and they just sighed at me. I don’t know what’s going inside their mind right now but I just wish that they will learn to accept the fact soon. “I’m really sorry. It feels like I had betrayed you guys.” I exclaimed as I lowered my head.

      “Don’t be sorry Jiyeon,” Chanyeol exclaimed as he held my chin to look at him, “We appreciate your honesty. Just please don’t hide something from us again.”

      “Yeah, it’s fine.” Sehun smiled at me, “At least we already know now.”

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 7, 2016

      After lunch with Chanyeol and Sehun, nothing has changed. Well, except from the fact that they already know the real score between Kai and I. They didn’t treat me differently because surely, I thought that they would be mad or whatnot but they just smiled at me and they said that they understand. At first, they couldn’t believe it because they said that our relationship is really convincing. They also thanked me for taking care of their best friend. Well, I’m just glad that I’m not hiding anything from them anymore. I just feel lighter. Anyway, few days have passed and still, Kai is enjoying himself in Canada with his family. I, on the other hand is enjoying my freedom without him. If he’s here, he will surely not let me go out tonight because right now I’m dressing up for Myungsoo. I’ll be going to their house since his sister has arrived back here in Korea from France. I just decided to wear a simple baby blue dress and white stilettos to go with it. I also applied a small amount of make-up and curled my hair.

      “Jiyeon-ah! Myungsoo’s here,” I heard eonni knocked from outside my door.

      “I’m coming,” I muttered as I sprayed my perfume and quickly grabbed my clutch.

      I went outside my room and went downstairs. As I descended from the stairway, I saw Myungsoo smiling at me. I was in awe as I stared at him. He looked rather dashing and handsome. He was wearing baby blue long sleeve polo and white pants, together with white leather shoes. He was far from the everyday Myungsoo that I see. Right now, he just looks like someone who was ripped off from a Japanese manga that I used to read when I was back in Japan.

      “You look stunning,” he breathed.

      I blushed and chuckled, “You’re dashing.” I complemented back.

      “Are you guys going to prom or what?” Myung and I turned to Seojoon-oppa who was sitting at the sofa, “You even match!” he beamed.

      I just laughed at him, “We look good, huh?” I kid as I winked.

      Oppa just laughed and nodded, “You look good together.” He smiled.

      “Joon! Kai might hear you,” eonni chuckled, joking. “Anyway, be home before 11:00.” She muttered and I quickly nodded.

      “I’ll make sure to bring her home before 11:00.” Myungsoo smiled and eonni just nodded, “I don’t want her getting grounded because of her curfew.”

      Myungsoo and I finally went out of the house and head towards his car.

      “Aren’t we too formal?” I asked him, referring to our clothes.

      “We’re not, trust me,” he smiled.

      He started the engine and finally drove our way to their house. Music was playing through the speakers of Myungsoo’s car and we were talking about things as we head to his house.

      “So, when is Kai coming back from Canada?” he asked as he turned to me.

      “He said he will arrive tomorrow night.” I answered back.

      “I guess I won’t be able to see you again.” He chuckled, “Your personal bodyguard will be coming back again.”

      I shook my head and turned to him, “I’m really sorry if I’m not able to meet you whenever Kai’s here. He’s just so strict with everything.” I muttered.

      “I know,” he smiled, “But it’s just funny, you know. You guys are in a fake relationship but you are really acting like one with each other.” He turned to me as the car halted. “Don’t tell me you’re falling for him.”

      I felt a lump on my throat as I tried to conceal my trembling eyes. Myungsoo bored his orbs into mine but I was quick to look away and laughed awkwardly.

      “A-are you kidding me?!” I asked as I tried to laugh to convince Myung but by the way I stuttered, I’m sure it wasn’t even near convincing, “That’s impossible. I mean… It’s like you’re telling that oil and water can be mixed together.” I told him.

      He just eyed me and raised his eyebrow, “Uh-huh?” he chuckled.

      “I’m serious!” I exclaimed, trying hard to persuade him, “I won’t ever fall for Kai.” I muttered.

      Myungsoo stared at me and just shrugged, “Okay, if you say so.” He mumbled as he loosed his seatbelt, “Come on, we’re here.” He told me as he went outside the car.

      I let out a heavy breath that I didn’t know I was holding. How can I live with my constant lies? How many lies have I said? Hundreds? Thousands?

      “You’re making everything hard for me Kai,” I sighed as I loosened the seatbelt and went outside the car.

      I went close to Myungsoo and smiled at him. He offered me his arms and I happily accepted it. I hooked my arms with his as we entered the Kim’s residence. As we went inside Myungsoo’s house, we were welcomed by his father who was waiting for us in their living room.

      “Jiyeon-ssi,” Mr. Kim smiled as he gave me a hug, “It’s great to have you here tonight.”

      “It’s my pleasure to be here.” I answered with a bright smile on my face, “I heard from Myungsoo that Aunt Sojin missed me. I wanted to pay her a visit.” I exclaimed.

      “That’s so sweet of you,” Mr. Kim told me, “Anyway, Sojin and Myungsoo’s sister is waiting for us at the dining room.” He told us as he led us to the dining room.

      As we enter the dining room, I noticed a beautiful woman who was sitting on the right side of the table. She looked aesthetically gorgeous. She’s sporting a beautiful blonde hair which is curled to its ends. She resembles Myungsoo a lot as well as their father, Mr. Kim. She’s wearing a beautiful white button-up blouse and a black choker on her neck. I don’t if I’m drooling or not but surely, that girl is a goddess.

      “Jiyeon-ah!” Aunt Sojin snapped me out of my trance when she called my name enthusiastically and pulled me into a warm hug.

      “Aunt Sojin,” I smiled as I hugged her back.

      “I missed you so much!” she exclaimed, “What took you so long to visit my house again?” she asked as she pouted.

      Myungsoo’s mom surely knows how to do an aegyo.

      “I was kind of busy these past few months and I also left the country last vacation.” I answered back, “I’m really sorry.” I added.

      “Really?” she pondered, “Anyway, welcome back in our residence.” She smiled warmly.

      “Ahem,” we were cut off when somebody coughed awkwardly from beside, “May I ask who is she?” she asked as she turned to Myungsoo.

      “Noona,” Myungsoo smiled, “This is Lee Jiyeon, she’s the one I told you about the piano lessons.” He introduced.

      “Annyeonghaseyo,” I greeted as I bowed to show her respect, “My name’s Lee Jiyeon.” I introduced.

      “Oh, you must be Myungsoo’s friend and piano instructor.” She finally smiled as she offered me her hands, “I’m Kim Taeyeon, Myungsoo’s older sister.”

      I quickly accepted her hand and shook it. I finally felt relaxed after holding her hand.

      “Nice to meet you Taeyeon-ssi,” I exclaimed politely.

      “Oh Jiyeon, you don’t need to call me Taeyeon-ssi. Taeyeon-eonni or simply eonni is enough. Besides, you’re Myungsoo’s friend.” She winked.

      I nodded happily and did as she asked, “Yes, eonni.”


Romans 14:10-12 - Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.