[eighty-four] Long night.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – October 27, 2017

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      All my life, I have been living in Japan and everything there was perfect. My family is there, my friends are also there and everything there was perfect for me—it was as if it was tailored for my liking. I always excel in my class and I lead a very successful organization as I was a president there, but that all changed when my father told me to leave and try to live on my own back to my motherland. I left Japan, my comfort zone and went to South Korea. In South Korea, everything changed—my father, mother and my brother was back home in Japan while I stayed in a land foreign to me. It’s as if I restarted my life and it was more than a challenge. My first days away from my family were depressing. I miss my family, I miss my friends and I miss the power that I used to have back in Japan. I thought I would never learn to love this place… but I guess I’m wrong. After some time and days, slowly, I cope up with everything—sure, I miss my family but there were people who filled those emptiness inside me. I gained friends, I gained family and I gained a lover in a small amount of time and I am beyond happy. I treasure everyone here in my new life and I would do everything to make sure that they are happy as well. That may be the reason why I was so concerned with what Sehun was feeling this past few days. Meeting your ex-girlfriend again that you haven’t moved on from, is something that you wouldn’t want to experience. The wound is still fresh and I know that it will take time before it heals. But I’m just happy that everything is falling into place now. Kai and Sehun finally reconciled and I am ecstatic, well, even though it took them such a long time and a car accident to finally talk to each other properly, I am still thankful and happy.

      “Are you sure about this?” I was brought back to reality when Kai spoke as I was fixing my hair for today’s appointment.

      “Kai, it’s too late to back down now.” I muttered, “Your sisters will be here any minute now.” I exclaimed as I finally finished brushing my hair.

      Yes, today is the day when I’m going to spend a day with Kai’s sisters. I’m nervous as hell but I can’t backdown now so there’s nothing I could do but to continue this.

      “I’m just really nervous of what my sisters would do,” Kai exclaimed as he went close to me and rested his chin on top of my head while I was sitting on my vanity.

      “Everything’s going to be fine,” I exclaimed as I reached for his face and caressed it, “I can do this, okay?” I smiled but he just shook his head and looked down.

      “I don’t know about this A,” he muttered as he kneeled in front of me, “Let me go with you.” He proposed but I shook my head.

      “Don’t overreact babe,” I muttered as I cupped his face, “I can do this. You just have to trust me.” I smiled and finally got up.

      I went to my cabinet and grabbed a small purse that I will bring today and put on my necessities inside.

      “Ofcourse I trust you,” he sighed as he looked at me, “But I don’t trust my sisters enough.” He mumbled but I just chuckled.

      “But you trust them even though it’s not ‘enough’,” I quoted and smiled, “Now, drop the ‘enough’ and just trust them, okay?” I muttered, “I’ll be back before dinner.” I told him and went outside my room.

      And as soon as I stepped downstairs, the doorbell rang and I was quiet sure that it is my boyfriend’s sisters. I breathed and tried to calm myself but deep down, I was panicking! However, before I could even open the door, Kai ran downstairs and raced through the door, opening it.

      “Brother,” Kai’s older sister, Soeun smiled as she saw her brother standing infront of her, “I was shocked to see you opening the door,” she smirked.

      “Noona, please don’t take Ayaka anymore.” Kai muttered, making me surprised. I mean, what is this? “I love her, okay?!” he exclaimed, “I-I’m not loving her just because dad said so or whatever bull you’re thinking. I love her for real and I don’t want you to scare her away from me or anything.” Kai continued and I was there, jaw dropped, “You’ll kill me when you scare her away from me.”

      “K-kai,” Soeun-eonni tried cutting Kai’s monologue as she also got her jaw dropped.

      “No noona,” Kai exclaimed as he went close to me and grabbed me, “I love her, just her and only her.” If I was shocked of what he was spewing out this moment, I was more surprised when he claimed my lips in front of his sister, “I love her,” he whispered as he bore his eyes into mine.

      I was shocked but all I could think of, was how corny and cheesy those lines were and I think Kai’s sister thinks the same too.

      “Well,” Kai’s sister laughed, “That wasn’t necessary you know.” She muttered, “But fine, I get it. You love her and I guess I was just worrying about nothing.” She mumbled. “I actually went here to tell just have dinner with the two of you.” She smiled, “Don’t worry brother, you’re coming with us.”

      “W-what?” Kai asked, surprised.

      “I’ll tell you all the details later, now, just go and change clothes so you may look decent while we have dinner.” Soeun-eonni muttered as she shooed Kai away, “Go get changed, I’ll be inside my car waiting for the two of you.” She exclaimed before leaving us, astounded.

      Soeun-eonni had already left but we were still there, standing and surprised. Good thing Kai brought me back to Earth.

      “W-we’ve got to change! I mean, I’ve got to change!” Kai exclaimed, almost excitedly—I don’t know if he was scared, excited or he was both. For sure he’s scared of why he’s sister is acting like this and probably excited that his sister is finally open on meeting me properly.

 

OH SEHUN

      These past few days had been a roller coaster ride. First of all, Kai and Jiyeon are finally together, my ex whom I haven’t moved on from came back to the country and she’s trying to get back with me and lastly, Kai and I fought because I felt betrayed for what he did but you know, those things are all in the past. Today, I’m kind of laid back and I tried chilling on my own at the bar. I tried not thinking about Joohyun or anyone else but I’m failing miserably. Everytime I close my eyes, Joohyun’s smiles would flash by my very eyes and whenever I open my eyes, every girl around me looks like her and I ing hate it. She’s giving me headaches and I’m not really happy about it.

      “You’re getting drunk by the minute, sir,” Joonyoung, the bartender exclaimed.

      “I told you many times, just call me Sehun. We’ve known each other for years now.” I muttered as I chugged down my beer.

      “It’s the protocol ,” he whispered and that got me to laugh, “Anyway, why are you even drinking like there’s no tomorrow?” he asked.

      “Nothing,” I answered back, “Anyway, I should probably go before I drink all of your beers.” I exclaimed and made my way out of the bar without waiting for his reply.

      I went to my car and drove back home. It was really dark tonight, I guess the weather’s feeling my pain too. I laughed, humoring myself and I look like a retard here but who cares. And finally, I arrived home and was about to park my car inside my house when I saw a familiar figure sitting by my gate and as soon as she saw the car, she stood up and smiled… it was as if she was waiting for me for hours. However, I didn’t pay her any attention and continued to park my car and as I went out of my car, she quickly called my name.

      “Hun-ah,” Joohyun called—it was music to my ears but there was a voice at the back of my head telling me to ignore her… and I followed that voice. And when she saw that I will not turn around and talk to her, she called me again, “Oh Sehun… please let’s talk,” she muttered, “I… I just want to talk… please,” she begged. I badly want to go to her place and hug her tight but I was fighting myself not to do it. I fought hard and stepped towards my door when she started yelling at me, “I will not leave here unless you talk to me!” she shouted, “I’m serious Oh Sehun! I will camp here if I must and I will have a talk with you whether you like it or not!” she muttered.

      I smiled, I don’t know why—maybe because I know that she won’t do it and I know too well how high her pride is and she can’t possibly wait for me… right?

      I left her and finally went inside my room and threw myself on my bed and decided to sleep, “She will probably go home now,” I exclaimed before I went on my sleep.

     

      “OH ING SEHUN!!!!”

      I don’t who that is but he ing destroyed my good night’s sleep! I slowly opened my eyes and glared at the man walking towards my room.

      “What the are you doing here Park Chanyeol?!” I shouted as I tried to go back to sleep.

      Waking up in the middle of the night after you just drink five bottles of beer is really not a pleasant feeling! And I am ready to beat this guy for shouting so loud and waking me up! What is he even here?!

      “Well, I went here to ing have a sleep over with you because I am so bored at my unit and what would I see when I get here?! I saw Ms. Ballerina getting drenched in the rain and wet! She was shivering outside your house and you have the guts to sleep your soundly?!” he shouted at me and as soon as I heard Chanyeol’s name for Joohyun, I quickly jumped out of my room and stared at my window and—“WHAT THE ?!” I exclaimed as I saw that it was raining real hard!

      She can’t be real! I mean, how long did I sleep?!

      “S-she’s still here?!” I asked, surprised.

      “Well yeah, you !” Chanyeol exclaimed, “I got her warmed up on your living room.” He muttered as he followed me to go downstairs and see it for my eyes.

      And he was right, Joohyun was there, sitting and shivering with a fluffy blanket covering her body. Did she really waited for me in the rain?

      “Joohyun?” I asked and she looked towards my way and smiled—that same smile when she accepted to be my girlfriend and I was inlove all over again.

      “I’m going to leave you guys because surely this will be long night and I wouldn’t want to hear any of you guys.” Chanyeol muttered as he shook his head, “ relations,” he whispered under his breath, causing me to chuckle.

      Well, I guess he’s right—this is going to be a long night.


Acts 3:19 - Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,