[forty] Don't leave.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Tokyo, Japan – July 2, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      After two hours of flight, we finally arrived in Japan. After that small talk with Ayaka, she decided to sleep and rest the whole time so I was really bored and I didn’t have any choice but to sleep too. Now, we’re searching for her mom and dad who are going to welcome us.

      “Mom!” I quickly looked at my right and saw Ayaka running towards her mom and dad.

      I smiled as soon as I saw how happy Ayaka is. I followed her and as soon as she reached her parents’ place, she hugged them tight.

      “I missed you guys,” she exhaled, almost crying.

      “Yah, do you guys know that I am here?”

      I looked at the guy who just talked and it’s as if I am seeing a male version of Ayaka’s mother. He looked so much like her! The eyes… nose… even the color of their skin!

      “Oppa!” Ayaka beamed and she quickly hugged the guy that she called oppa.

      Oppa? Is this guy her…

      “And who’s this?” I was shocked when the guy suddenly turned to me, looking like he’s going to murder me.

      His gaze is so intense, it almost killed me.

      “Uh, I… Uhm…” I stuttered, thinking of what to say.

      “Kenji, this is Kai, Ayaka’s fiancé.” Ayaka’s mom exclaimed as she smiled warmly at me, “Kai, this is Kenji—“ she wasn’t able to finish what she was about to say when the man butted in, “Kenji Lee, Ayaka’s older brother.” The guy exclaimed as he extended his hands to me.

      Oh, so this is her brother. Well, he quiet look like Ayaka, especially the nose.

      “Uhm…” I stuttered, “Kim Jongin, sir,” I answered, trying hard not to twist my tongue. “Nice meeting you sir.”

      “Do you know what you’re signing up to?” he asked me with a threat in his voice.

      “I… ugh…” I stuttered again.

      This is my first time being intimated by some guy! I mean, Ayaka’s brother sure looks cool but there’s something in him that will make you feel afraid of him.

      “Oppa!” Ayaka exclaimed as she dragged me at her back and defended me from her brother, “Don’t scare my fiancé,” she exclaimed and turned to me, smiling, “I don’t want him backing out of our wedding.” Ayaka winked.

      I saw those playful eyes of hers and I know that she’s just kidding.

      “Tss,” he hissed as he glared at me, “Be thankful that Jiyeon is here or you’re roasted.” He muttered.

      Ayaka just chuckled and grabbed her brother’s arms, “Aigoo, is this how you missed me?” Ayaka asked, “Let’s go!” she exclaimed as she dragged her brother away.

      Ayaka’s brother spent me one last glare and finally looked away.

      “Welcome to Japan, Kai.” I looked at my side and saw Ayaka’s father, patting my shoulder.

      I smiled in return and nodded.

      “Thank you, sir.” I answered.

      “Don’t call me sir anymore,” he laughed, “Just call me uncle Jihoo.” He muttered and once again, patted my shoulders.

      “Y-yes, uncle Jihoo,” I smiled.

      He grabbed Ayaka’s luggage and walked passed by me. Now that I focused to uncle Jihoo, I just realized that Ayaka looked a lot like her father. She got those pretty big eyes, her nose and the milky white skin from her father.

      “Kai,” I looked at my side and saw Ayaka’s mother, smiling at me.

      “Hello, ma’am,” I smiled at her.

      “I already told you to call me aunt Yeonhwa.” She muttered.

      I scratched my head and chuckled awkwardly, “Sorry, I forgot again.” I exclaimed.

 

      We rode a beautiful black car that is similar with dad’s. Ayaka’s family has been talking nonstop. I guess they really missed each other. The car finally entered a gate and I already expected that their house will be big but I couldn’t believe that it is this big! I mean, their house is so big, it looks like a palace! I think it is thrice as big as our house in front of Ayaka’s.

      “Wow,” I muttered.

      Ayaka turned to me and smiled, “Stay by my side at all times, you might get lost in the house.” She chuckled.

      “House?” I asked, “More like a mansion,”

      The car stopped and everyone went out of the car. Some maids and butlers welcomed us, while the others carried our luggage.

      “Welcome home young miss,” the maids greeted as they bowed.

      “Mom, I told you not to do this anymore.” Ayaka whispered to her mom.

      “It’s your brother who asked them to welcome you.” Aunt Yeonhwa whispered back.

      After that, we ate and basically talked about things. Well, the food was amazing! I really love their steak but I would have appreciated it more if Ayaka’s brother wasn’t sending me death glares. I guess he really hates me. Anyway, I am walking right now with Ayaka on the hallway of their second floor, heading to my room.

      “Your house is surely big, huh?” I asked.

      “Yeah, it is.” She answered, “It’s my dad who brought this house.”

      I nodded and placed my hands inside my pocket and walked with Ayaka. I stared at her as she walked. She looks happier now and it seems like she’s glowing or is it just the sun coming from the windows? I guess, seeing her family really makes her happy.

      “It’s bigger than my house.” I laughed.

      We finally arrived at my room and it was majestic. The wall was colored dirty white and has wooden panels. The bed was covered in grey, white and purple covers. And it was so spacious that Chanyeol and Sehun can live with me here. Well, speaking of those barnacle heads, they were asking me if they could go with me and Ayaka last time. I mean, can’t they tell that I want a solo time with my fiancé? Tss, their really insensitive. Sehun even wanted to go back in his house here in Kyoto just so he could have an excuse to see Ayaka.

      “This is your room,” Ayaka smiled.

      “Woah, it’s so big.” I muttered as I went inside the room.

      I roamed around the room and sat on the sofa at the other side of the room.

      “Your necessities will be inside the bathroom and if you need anything, just call me.” Ayaka muttered and was about to leave.

      “Don’t leave—“ I quickly held her hands and pulled her towards me. But she fell towards me unexpectedly.

      I unexpectedly looked into her beautiful brown eyes, drowning in her very eyes. She was looking at me with wide eyes. And just then… my heart started beating faster, until all I can hear is our heartbeats and heavy breaths. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now but I just feel so… euphoric. It’s like her beautiful brown eyes gives me those unexpected bliss and joy.

      “Kai…” she muttered and quickly stood up, coughing awkwardly.

      “I… ugh…” she stuttered, “I got to go, call me when you need me.” She exclaimed and quickly left, leaving me astounded.

      I looked at her retrieving back and shook my head. If she didn’t left, I would’ve done something I would have done something that I would regret.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I quickly ran away from Kai’s room and as soon as I reached my room, I held my chest. My heart was beating so fast and I’m having hard time breathing. I shook my head and tried to remove Kai’s face from my head. His eyes… I almost drowned on it. It seems like there’s something that he wants to tell me or something. Well, I don’t know! Ugh!

      “Ayaka?” I quickly stood up and opened my door, revealing mom on the other side.

      “Mom,” I exclaimed as I smiled at her.

      “So, how’s Korea?” mom asked as she went inside my room and sat on the sofa.

      “Korea’s great,” I answered as I smiled. I sat beside mom and hugged her tight, “I missed you so much mom.”

      “I missed you too,” she exclaimed as she kissed my forehead. “Well, how about you and Kai? I hope that you guys are not fighting or anything.” She muttered.

      I almost laughed when she said the word, “fighting”. I mean, we wouldn’t be Kai and Ayaka if we don’t fight often. I guess that is what we do most, fight and bicker but even though that happens, we always find the way to each other and reconcile at the end of the day.

      “We fight,” I exclaimed, “A lot.” I added as I laughed.

      “You do?” mom asked, “It doesn’t seem like it.”

      “We do. We even didn’t talk for almost three days because of a fight.” I exclaimed.

      “But are you okay now?” she asked worriedly.

      Mom is really like this. She always makes sure that nothing’s bothering me and I love how caring she is.

      “Yes mom, we already reconciled a few days back.” I answered.

      “That’s great,” she smiled, “Well, what is a relationship without any problems of fight, right?” she asked and nodded.

      “By the way honey, do you want to go on a trip with Kai tomorrow?” she asked.

      “Trip?” I asked back, “Well, I wanted to tour him around…” I muttered.

      “That’s great! Then why don’t you guys go to the beach tomorrow? It will be really hot, the weather forecaster said.” She exclaimed.

      “Beach?” I asked, “That’s a great idea! We’ll go. How about you guys?” I asked.

      “Well, we can’t go with you guys but I’m sure that you will enjoy it there.” She smiled at me.

      “But why can’t you guys go with us?” I asked.

      “There’s something that we need to do but don’t worry, we will bond on the 5th. So don’t be sad and just enjoy the day tomorrow with Kai.” Mom smiled and I just nodded.

      “Thank you mom,” I told her.

      “By the way, I baked some cookies and cupcakes. Call Kai so that he can taste some of my works.” Mom beamed.

      Aigoo, mom really loves to boast about her baking skills. Well, she really bakes some good cookies and red velvet cupcakes! Those are my favorites.

      “Okay mom, we’ll be right downstairs.” I smiled.

      She nodded and went outside my room.


Matthew 10:37-39 - Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.