[fifty-four] Careless.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 5, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It has been days since Kai had gone to his family’s outing in Canada and it also has been days where I spent my day, Kai-free. Right now, I’m on my way to school and I just can’t help but feel the difference with Kai by my side and without him. Well, when he was with me, I was free to sleep inside the bus because I know that he will be there to wake me up when it’s time to go. Now, on the other hand, I can’t even bat my eyelash because I might miss my stop. I kind of miss our bickering too even though it has only been days. I also miss our late night laughs at my room and our fights over foods, especially the treats that eonni makes. Lastly, I kind of miss him as a whole.

      “I miss him like crazy,” I mumbled to myself as I sighed.

      Well, even though not having him here makes me kind of forget my feelings towards him, I just can’t help but to miss him. I finally went down the bus and walked my way to the school while still thinking about him. What is he doing? Is he eating well? Is he having fun with his family? I wanted to ask those things but I don’t want him to misunderstand anything so I’m refraining myself from calling him. I sighed, defeated because right now, I just long to hear his voice. I’m quiet pathetic right now—I mean, it has only been two days since he left and here I am, missing him and all.

      “What’s with the long face?” I was startled when somebody s his arms around my shoulders and I was shocked to see a handsome guy with milky white skin and blonde hair.

      “Sehun-ah,” I called, smiling.

      “Good morning Jiyeon!” Chanyeol chirped happily.

      “What’s up guys?” I asked.

      “Well, we’re just making sure that you’re doing well while Kai is away.” Sehun smiled.

      His statement suddenly earned him a raise of my eyebrow. What does he mean by that?

      “What do you mean?” I asked.

      “Well, our good friend asked us to look after you while he’s gone.” Chanyeol answered, “He wanted us—as I quote, ‘Make sure that she doesn’t do anything stupid when I’m gone’.” He exclaimed, imitating Kai’s voice.

      I rolled my eyes heavenwards and scoffed, “That little wimp,” I exclaimed, “What am I, kinder?” I asked.

      “Well, don’t be too sad about this Jiyeon.” Sehun muttered, “I actually love the idea of being your bodyguard for a couple of days.” He exclaimed as he winked at me.

      I laughed at his antics and shook my head.

      “Anyway, let’s go.” Chanyeol muttered, “We don’t want to be late in our class now, do we?”

      The three of us started to walk our way to our classrooms and these two insisted to accompany me to my room. I mean, I can go on my own, they’re overreacting. We finally arrived in front of my room, dropping me off.

      “We’ll see each other on lunch.” Sehun exclaimed as he smiled brightly.

      “Lunch?” I asked.

      “Yup,” Sehun exclaimed, popping the ‘p’, “We’re going to guard you even on lunch time, and oh, we’re going to accompany you home too.”

      What? Are they really serious about being my bodyguards? Don’t they have anything to do?!

      “First of all,” I breathed, “I’m eating lunch with Myungsoo and second, I can go home on my own. You guys don’t need to accompany me home because I know for sure that you have things to do other than bothering me.” I exclaimed.

      “Myungsoo?” Chanyeol asked, “For your information Jiyeon, Kai specifically told us not to let Kim Myungsoo anywhere near you.” He explained.

      What?! I was surprised with what he said. Did Kai really say that?!

      “And why would he say that?” I asked as I crossed my arms, “Myungsoo is my best friend. You can’t possibly tell me what to do.” I muttered.

      “Well, tell that to Kai.” Chanyeol muttered, “…not us. We’re just following his orders.”

      I shook my head and sighed, that guy is seriously a pain in the .

      “Fine,” I exclaimed, lying through my teeth.

      Well, I don’t want anyone to control anything about my life, especially if it is about my friendship with other people. I don’t get Kai’s point with all of this, and I don’t certainly get why he hates the guts of Myung. The guy is nice and he’s a special person to me.

      “Remember, we’re going to accompany you home.” Sehun exclaimed. I eyed him and he just shrugged back at me, “We just want to make sure you’re fine Jiyeon.” He muttered, “Besides, the only thing we do is go to the bar and drink after class. Think of this as a sign of help to us—you’re helping us not drink even for just one day.” He laughed.

      I finally smiled at Sehun and nodded, “Fine,” I answered, “I guess, you’re right. If you guys accompany me home, you will be spared from going to the bar and drink.” I exclaimed.

      Sehun and Chanyeol nodded, “See you later then, Jiyeon-ah.” Chanyeol exclaimed.

      “See you later,” I smiled.

      They were about to leave when Chanyeol stopped and turned to me.

      “And oh,” he exclaimed.

      “Yeah?” I asked.

      “Bring Gayoung with you,” he said, “Let’s all have lunch together.” He winked as he finally left with Sehun.

      Gayoung? I spared the two one last glace and shook my head. I’m seriously missing something between Chanyeol and Gayoung. And I need to find out about it.

 

      A few hours had passed and its already lunchtime. Right now, I’m trying my best not to bump into Sehun or Chanyeol. I don’t want to spend my lunch with them because I already told Myungsoo that we will go together. I have discarded him a few times already because of Kai and I’m sorry about it. So today, I just want to spend it all day with Myungsoo and just laugh with him. You know, I kind of missed my best friend too.

      “Jiyeon!”

      I was startled when somebody touched my shoulder. Could it be Sehun? Chanyeol? I quickly my back and let out a sigh when I saw Gayoung smiling in front of me.

      “Gayoung-ah,” I called.

      “Why do you look so tensed?” she chuckled.

      “N-nothing,” I smiled, “I’m just avoiding some people and you kind of surprised me.” I muttered as I scratched the back of my head.

      “You mean us?” a male voice exclaimed beside me.

      I felt a hand, resting on my shoulder. I quickly snapped my head on my side and saw Sehun standing tall beside me. I’m busted.

      “Are you avoiding us, babe?” Sehun asked.

      I quickly shook my head, lying, “N-no!” I answered defensively, my tone raising a little higher, “I-I was actually searching for you guys.” I smiled.

      “Oh, you little liar,” Chanyeol chuckled as he pinched my cheeks.

      Aish, I guess I don’t have any way out here anymore. I better message Myungsoo now and tell him I can’t go on lunch with him. Argh, I’m feeling sorry towards him again. I better make it up to him this Wednesday. I’ll make sure to go to his house.

      “Come on, the cafeteria’s waiting for us.” Sehun exclaimed as he smiled brightly.

      “Okay,” Gayoung exclaimed, “You guys, enjoy your lunch.” She smiled.

      Gayoung was about to leave but Chanyeol quickly held her arms and as soon as Gayoung saw Chanyeol, she glared at him.

      “Have lunch with us,” he exclaimed.

      Gayoung forced a smile and turned to me, “I-I have lots to do. I’ll be spending my lunch with the students’ council. I’ll get going now Jiyeon,” She muttered as she turned her back at us.

      Gayoung left, leaving Chanyeol down. I wonder what is happening between the two. I eyed Chanyeol as he stared at Gayoung’s back.

      “Chan—“ I was about to call his attention when Sehun started tugging me.

      “Come on, my tummy’s growling already.” He exclaimed as the three of us went to the cafeteria and sat beside the window.

      We got ourselves our food and finally dug in. But before eating, I quickly messaged Myungsoo that I couldn’t eat with him and I will make it up to him. On the other hand, these two men with me are eating like someone’s going to steal their meals away from them.

      “Guys, haven’t you eaten for 10 years?” I asked, “You eat like there’s no tomorrow.” I commented.

      “You should be fond of it by now, Jiyeon.” Sehun muttered, “Doesn’t Kai eats like this too?”

      Kai? I don’t know what’s wrong with me but by the sudden mention of that jerk’s name, a smile quickly formed into my lips.

      “U-uhm, he eats well.” I stuttered, “Anyway, can you guys tell me anything about Kai?” I asked, trying to pry about Kai’s life.

      “Well, what do you want to know about him?” Chanyeol asked as he took a loud slurp from his soup.

      The three of us were talking when I saw Sooyeon at the corner of my eye, staring at us. I coughed awkwardly and started speaking in hushed tone.

      “How about Sooyeon and Kai?” I asked.

      Well, since I saw Park Sooyeon, I kind of want to know what was between them before they were a couple. Well, Kai and I don’t talk about Sooyeon as frequent anymore. And besides, he hasn’t told me that part of their story yet.

      “Sooyeon?” Sehun asked, “Why do you want to know those things?”

      “Just tell me,” I muttered.

      “Did Kai do something again?” Chanyeol asked, sounding a bit worried.

      “No guys,” I laughed, “Chill, I just want to know.” I exclaimed.

      “Jiyeon-ah,” Sehun called, “Kai told us not to tell anything about Sooyeon to you. He said you’re sensitive about that topic.”

      What? Me? Sensitive? He must be kidding me!

      “No!” I answered, laughing, “I’m not sensitive about that topic. Actually, I would love to talk about it.” I exclaimed.

      Chanyeol eyed me and leaned back on his chair, “Are you sure?” he asked and I nodded.

      “You might get hurt when we tell some stories about those two.” Sehun exclaimed.

      “Haha,” I laughed, “I won’t get hurt. Besides, what is between me and Kai is only a play. What could I possibly feel towards him in this fake relationship?” I asked.

      I didn’t know what I just said until I saw the shock that was written on their faces. Argh! How careless could I be?! I just want to hit my mouth for telling those things. Plus, I actually said some lies along with it.

      What could I possibly feel towards him? Heck.


Matthew 12:36 - But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.