[thirty-three] Jiyeon.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 25, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It’s already the 25th of June and we’re close to summer break. I am really excited for the break since I’ll be going back to Japan to spend my break there. But before the semester ends, the school will be conducting team buildings throughout the whole school.

      “Jiyeon-ah, we should be roommates on the team building.” Gayoung exclaimed while we’re having our lunch in the cafeteria.

      “Of course, we should,” I smiled.

      After eating, Gayoung and I was about to go back to our classes when I saw someone I don’t want to see.

      “Lee Jiyeon,” she called.

      Why does our path always cross? Or is she really doing this on purpose?

      “What is it Park Sooyeon?” I asked.

      “I need to talk to you,” she muttered, her face serious.

      “What is it about now?” I asked, “Are we talking about Kai again?” I shot at her.

      “In case you’re forgotten, you only have a contractual engagement with Kai.” Sooyeon exclaimed.

      “What?” I asked.

      I don’t know how she knew about that but I will not let her intimidate me.

      “I already know that your engagement with Kai is only a mere contract between your family and his. Now, don’t forget that you’re just a fake girlfriend as well as a fake fiancé.” She muttered as she crossed her arms and stood tall in front of me. 

      I laughed in sarcasm and raised my eyebrow. I never let my y side come to surface but when it does, I am really pissed. I don’t know why Park Sooyeon is blabbering nonsense in front of me and telling me these things but I feel pathetic towards her.

      “Why are you telling me this Sooyeon?” I asked her as I crossed my arms as well. “I believe you don’t have any connections with Kai anymore because you cut it when you broke up with him.”

      I saw how a lace of guilt and pain showed in her orbs but she was quick to blink all her emotions away.

      “And so?” she asked, “Breaking up with him doesn’t mean I don’t care for him anymore.” She muttered. “Remember this Lee Jiyeon, I’ll be getting back Kai so don’t be too attached to him.”

      This girl is seriously crazy.

      “Look Sooyeon, I don’t know why you’re being like this or why you’re telling me this all of a sudden but please stop. Kai is none of your concern anymore. He is beyond hurt and as a friend; I don’t want you near him.” I muttered, “Now, if you’re telling me that I’m just a fake girlfriend and a fake fiancé, then so what? At least I am beside Kai while he’s hurting.”

      Before Sooyeon could even talk back someone interrupted us—“Ayaka,” he called.

      I looked at Sooyeon’s back and saw Kai standing, looking serious.

      “K-kai…” Sooyeon and I called out.

      “Let’s go Ayaka, we’re running late.” Kai muttered as he dragged me away from Sooyeon.

      As soon as Sooyeon was out of earshot, Kai let go of me.

      “Why are you getting into fights because of me?” he asked me.

      “Well tell that to your ex-girlfriend,” I muttered, “She’s the one who started it.” I defended myself.

      “So Sooyeon started that verbal fight between the both of you?” he asked and I nodded.

      “I couldn’t even understand why she always wants to talk to me and then we end up arguing.” I muttered.

      “Just make sure you’re not the one starting it,” he exclaimed as he left me there and went inside the classroom.

      Seriously, what’s up with that guy? I followed him to the room and sat beside him. He was already sleeping when I came in. How can he pass his subjects when he always sleeps in class? Tss.

      “On the upcoming team building, we will be splitting into teams. You guys will be against the other sections and you will be playing games. Our section will be splitting into two teams, the blue team which is 12/1 A and red team which is 12/1 B.”

      I hope that Gayoung and I are on the same team.

      “Okay,” Mr. Oh muttered, “For blue team, we have Ahn Chaeyeon, Bang Jinah, Cha Joonki, Choi Taemin, Go Anna, Han Sungyeol, Kang Dojoon, Kim Jongin, Lee Jiyeon, and Moon Gayoung.”

      Is this luck or what? I am paired with Kai and Gayoung! I badly wish that I am teamed up with Myungsoo too but too bad he’s on the other section.

 

      After school, Kai went home already, leaving me all alone. I don’t know what happened to that guy but who cares. I actually got tired of his face already since we’re always together. Good thing he decided to take a break today. I was on my way home when somebody s their arms to my shoulder.

      “Walking alone?” he asked.

      “Myung,” I smiled.

      “Where’s Kai? He should be with you, right?” he asked.

      “I don’t know,” I answered, “Maybe he left already but that’s a good thing since I’m getting sick of his face.” I muttered.

      He laughed and nodded, “What’s your team on the team building?” he asked as we walked together towards the bus stop.

      “Blue team,” I answered, “I’m paired up with Gayoung and Kai.” I smiled.

      “That’s great,” he beamed, “I’m on the green team together with Choi Minho.” He informed me.

      “Well, good luck,” I laughed.

      The bus finally came and we rode it together since his house is in the same route as mine.

      “What are you doing this summer?” Myungsoo asked.

      “I’ll be going home to Japan to see my family, how about you?” I asked.

      “I’ll be going there too.”

      “What?!” I asked, surprised.

      I mean, really?!

      “My grandfather resides in Kobe and I’ll be going there to pay him a visit.” He smiled.

      “Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed, “We should see each other there! I’ll take you to beautiful places in Japan. Is this your first time?” I asked.

      “Yeah, my grandfather just moved to Japan last three years to settle our business there and I kind of missed him so I decided to pay him a visit.” He explained.

      “Let’s meet there, okay? I’ll show you the most beautiful places in Japan.” I winked.

      “Sure, just call me.” He smiled. “Oh and by the way,” he muttered as he fumbles through his bag.

      “What is it?” I asked.

      “We baked cupcakes for our home economics subject and I thought that I should give you some.” He gave me a box full of red velvet cupcakes.

      “Oh my gosh, thank you very much!” I exclaimed as I saw the cupcakes through the plastic lid. “Red velvet is my favorite,” I added.

      “Good thing that I chose that flavor,” he smiled. “I hope you enjoy that.”

      Minutes have passed and finally, I arrived at my stop.

      “Bye Myung. Thanks for the cupcake and be careful on your way home.” I smiled and went down the bus.

      I waved at Myungsoo one last time and finally head home. When I arrived home, Kai was sitting at the couch, watching basketball.

      “You didn’t even tell me that you were going home alone.” I muttered as I went straight to the kitchen and placed the cupcakes in the refrigerator.

      Kai didn’t respond and he was just watching basketball, again. I don’t know what’s up with him today but I had enough. I mean, he was ignoring me and giving me a cold shoulder and I can’t stand this anymore.

      “What’s wrong with you, Kai?” I asked.

      “What do you mean?” he asked, not paying me attention.

      “Look at that,” I muttered as I pointed to him, “You’re not even paying attention to me.” I exclaimed exasperatedly.

      Because of my anger, I unplugged the television and Kai quickly glared at me.

      “What’s you problem?!” he asked.

      “You!” I shouted, “You’re the problem,” I muttered.

      “What’s wrong with me? I’m not doing anything to you.”

      “That’s the reason! You’re giving me the cold shoulder.” I exclaimed.

      “You know Jiyeon,” he exhaled.

      Wait, did he just call me by my Korean name? Is something really bothering him? I mean, he always call me by my Japanese name.

      “I don’t want to talk about this anymore but you’re forcing me to,” he muttered. “Tell me, did you really fought with Sooyeon?” he asked.

      “What?!” I asked, surprised.

      “Just answer me truthfully Jiyeon,” he exclaimed.

      “I already told you that she’s the one who starts it. She always blocks my way and tells me to get away from you. I mean, how pathetic can she even get?” I asked.

      “And you slapped her?” he asked.

      Wait, what?!

      “No! That’s not true!” I defended, “I will never hurt that girl even though she gets into my nerves! She’s the one who says hurtful words to me!” I exclaimed.

      “I know Sooyeon and she will never make stories.” Kai muttered.

      “Then don’t you know me?” I asked bitterly.

      Kai just believed his ex-girlfriend rather than the girl who has been helping him throughout the pain. Wow, is this how he pays me?

      “Maybe I don’t know you enough, Jiyeon.” He exclaimed.

      “What did you say?” I asked, “Are you even hearing yourself?” I faked laugh and shook my head, “My gosh Kai, don’t you get it? That ex-girlfriend of yours is playing with you again!” I exclaimed, “I guess you wouldn’t even believe me when I tell you that she told me that I’m just your fake girlfriend and fake fiancé. Now tell me, isn’t that hurtful? I’m the helping you here,” I muttered.

      “Well, aren’t you?” he asked, “She’s right, you’re just my fake girlfriend and fiancé.”

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt something hit my heart and it was rather an unpleasant feeling.

      “Well of course,” I smiled mockingly, “I am. I am your ‘fake’ girlfriend and fiancé.” I exclaimed, emphasizing the word ‘fake’.

      I can’t believe that Kai can even say this to me.

      “Well, if this is your way of saying thank you for everything that I have done to you… then you’re welcome.” I exclaimed as I turned away from him.

      I’ve never felt this awful before but I feel like total crap. I’ve been nothing but a good friend to Kai and the least thing that I’m expecting him to do is this. I don’t want him to pay me back but he should treat me as a good friend at the very least.


Author's message ♥

I know that it has been days since I last updated and I was inactive last Christmas too. I'm really sorry because I had a massive writer's block but good thing I came up with this. I hope you guys liked this update even though it is not very good but I really put a lot of effort on this so I hope you guys appreciated it. Also, I revised chapter 32 "Special chapter". I added Sooyeon's POV there so if you haven't read that yet, you should. So yeah, I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and have a wonderful new year.

This chapter is dedicated to my fellow Filipinos who has been hit by the typhoon recently. To those who have lost their houses and didn't got the chance to spend Christmas this year, I will pray for you.

With lots of love, Han Jihyun


Matthew 18:15 - If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.