[twenty-three] Leave him.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 8, 2016

PARK SOOYEON

      It has been days since Kai and I fought but still, we haven’t reconciled yet. He already apologized but I wasn’t ready to accept it. I’m still hurt with what he said and I just can’t let this slide. I just arrived here in school and was walking when I saw two familiar people getting out of a car.

      “Kai…” I mumbled.

      I suddenly felt a pang of hurt in my chest. It seems like I was being pricked by a needle in my heart. It was painful but still, I continued to watch them. Kai and Jiyeon were talking as they went inside the building. I couldn’t help but to see how perfect they can be for each other. It’s hard to admit it but I know too well that Jiyeon is a lot better than me. She’s almost perfect… she has a good heart, has a pretty face and has a nice family, plus she’s an intelligent girl while here I am, just a pretty girl.

      I sighed and continued on walking.

      “Sooyeon!”

      I immediately looked back to see who was calling me and saw Minho.

      I quickly smiled as I saw him, “Hey,” I called.

      “Come on, let’s go to class together.” He smiled as he takes my books and carried it.

      “Thanks,” I smiled.

      “Are you hurt?” Minho asked out of the blue.

      It caught me off-guard. Is it that obvious?

      I looked at him and he was avoiding my gaze.

      “W-what do you mean?” I asked as I let out an awkward chuckle.

      “I know that you saw them together.” He answered.

      “Oh,” I mumbled. So he saw that too? “You mean Kai and Jiyeon?” I asked, “I’m fine, it’s no big deal.” I answered as I smiled at him.

      “You can lie to everyone but not to me. I know you too well.” He muttered as he looked at me straight in the eyes.

      I was drowning in his stare. He was giving me a message through his eyes that I can’t decipher.

      I sighed and chuckled, “I guess I really can’t hide anything from you, huh?” I muttered, trying to hide my sorrow.

      “Maybe we can go to the park today, what do you think?” he asked.

      I just stared at him, unsure.

      “My treat,” he smiled.

      I finally nodded with a smile on my face as we went to our class.

      It has been our habit to go to the park or eat ice cream whenever we’re feeling down. Minho has been my childhood friend and he just knows how to comfort me and make me smile again. That’s why sometimes, I would wonder if I fell in love with him first, would I be happier with him? But it’s too late to think of the ‘what ifs’ because my heart already chose Kai and I’m not regretting it.

 

      It’s already dismissal time and it’s already pretty late since I finished some requirements. I was putting my books on my locker and ready to go to the park with Minho when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at my phone and saw an unregistered number on my phone’s screen. My eyebrows creased but still, I answered the call.

      “Hello?” I greeted.

      “Ms. Park, can you still remember me?” a guy asked from the other line.

      After that, a deafening silence rang into my ears. I can’t find my voice to speak because I was too scare, too frightened.

      “M-mr. Kim,” I called out.

      “Mind coming over to the mansion?” he asked, “Let’s have a nice chat.” He exclaimed.

      I wanted to refuse. I don’t want to see him again. I don’t want to see his horrible face nor hear his hurtful words. I’m no masochist. I have developed a trauma towards Kai’s father and whenever I hear his voice, I would always shudder in terror.

      “I can’t.” I rejected then I heard him chuckle on the other line.

      “You dare rejecting my offer Ms. Park?” he muttered, “Remember what I told you last time. We have a deal and I don’t like people who break them.” He warned.

      Fear ran through my spine and I just want to escape this mess. I quickly hanged up and was about to go to Minho but I was shocked to see two big men blocking my way.

      “G-get out of my way,” I exclaimed nervously.

      Rivulets of sweat began to form on my forehead.

      “Mr. Kim wants to see you.” One of them informed me.

      I was too scared to get away from them so I had no other option but to go with them. I just pray that Minho would notice that it’s taking me too much time and save me from Kai’s father. We rode a black car and arrived at the Kim’s mansion and I’m hoping that Kai is home to save me from his father. Just please, somebody help me. We arrived at the mansion and it was quiet as , only the maids and butlers were there.

      “This way please,” the man exclaimed as he guided me inside the luxurious library.

      With a pounding heart, I went inside the library and saw Mr. Kim smiling at me.

      “Have a seat,” he ordered.

      I sat on the sofa facing his table.

      “I will get straight to the point,” he sighed, “I already made it clear Ms. Park, didn’t I?” he asked as he crossed his legs and stared at me. “But I can’t understand why you’re not breaking up with my son.” He muttered.

      I was shocked. How come…

      “I-I already broke up with him.” I answered back as I tried my best to avoid his gaze.

      I was trembling in fear and I just want to get out of this place. It’s suffocating me.

      “You already broke up with Kai?” he asked, “And his new girlfriend is Lee Jiyeon?” he asked again, cocking his eyebrow.

      “Y-yes,” I answered, “There’s no point on talking to me.” I muttered.

      I quickly stood up and was about to leave when Mr. Kim started talking.

      “You can’t fool me Ms. Park,” he mumbled, causing me to stop in my tracks, “I know it’s a big show that Kai made up.” He exclaimed as he turned to me.

      I was surprised. How did he know about this?!

      “You two are still going out and you’re using Lee Jiyeon as an excuse.” He blurted out.

      I closed my eyes for an instance and breathed. I will deny everything, no, I can’t let this man intimidate me.

      “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I told him bravely.

      He laughed and nodded, “Really Sooyeon?” I cringed at how he dropped my name like that. “I’ll give you a last day with my son. You can be with him all day tomorrow but you will need to break up with him the day after.” What?! “Do you get me?” he asked.

      I faced him, tears streaming down my face, my heart screaming out in pain.

      “And if I don’t?” I asked.

      “You’ll know when you disobey me,” He answered.

      And just like that, I snapped.

      “I love your son Mr. Kim!” I shouted, “Isn’t that enough?!”

      “Love?” he laughed sarcastically, “Do you think this world is all about love? The world love is just a mere word Ms. Park.” He muttered. “I’ll be giving you tomorrow to spend it with my son. Do everything you want, but after that, leave him.”

      I looked at him with burning eyes but he was just there, looking so calm and it pissed me off.

      “You may leave,” he told me.

      The door opened and I saw the same two guys who dragged me here.

      “Accompany her home.” Mr. Kim ordered.

      The two guys dragged me out of the library and led me towards the car but before I could go inside the car, I yanked my arms away from them and stood there, just standing… digesting everything that Mr. Kim said. Is this how Kai and I will end? A happy day tomorrow and a sorrowful day the day after?

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      I have lived my whole life alone but some point in my life, I have found people whom I can call friends. I have two female friends namely Sooyeon and Ayaka but I also got two male friends which are very dear to me. Too bad that they needed to leave Korea and study abroad but today is the day that we are going to be reunited again. They will be continuing their studies here and at my school. I was waiting when finally, I saw a familiar man walking towards me.

      “Jongin!” he called out, using my first name.

      His big eyes still didn’t change since I last saw him; I think it became bigger, haha. He grew taller since the last time I saw him and his hair was dyed brown.

      “Chanyeol-ah!” I exclaimed as we ran to each other and hugged each other.

      “It’s been a while!” he exclaimed as we fist bumped.

      Park Chanyeol is my friend since we were 12 years old. I can still remember the very first time that we met. Yeri and I were playing at the playground in our neighborhood when Yeri found a Siberian husky walking. The dog was about to pounce on my sister, good thing the owner came and it turned out to be Chanyeol. I was actually mad at him since Yeri cried because of fear but he treated us at the nearest ice cream stall, making Yeri fall for him. Since then, we would always be playing around the playground in our neighborhood. However, when we turned 14 years old, he migrated to the United States to study there. Chanyeol is actually a very smart and intelligent man. He enrolled at Lexington and studied there. And even though he already migrated, we still kept in touch through video calls. I always visit him too whenever I go to the United States and of course, Chanyeol would sometimes come back here in Korea and we would always bond.

      “Where’s blondie?” he asked suddenly.

      “He hasn’t arrived yet.” I muttered.

      “Who said I haven’t arrived yet?” someone asked from behind.

      We looked back and saw Sehun standing in front of us.

      His milky white skin is still white as snow. He grew taller than me even though I am a year older than him. His once brown hair is dyed blonde and it suits him very well.

      “Oh Sehun!” I exclaimed as I hug him tight.

      Oh Sehun is my childhood friend. My dad is friends with his mom. We’ve been playmates since we were little. I let Sehun meet Chanyeol and the three of us became best friends. Sehun left Korea when he was 15 years old, he went to Japan together with his mom since that is where their company is making a hit. Since then, I would always call him whenever I wanted someone to talk to. I also visited him last May when I went to Japan with Yeri.

      I just miss these barnacle heads.


New Characters;

     

Park Chanyeol
19 years old
Studied at Lexington High in Massachusetts, United States
Kai's bestfriend since they were 12 years old

 

     

Oh Sehun
18 years old
Studied at KIU Academy in Kyoto, Japan
Kai's bestfriend since they were little


Author's message ♥

Finally, our final exam in Financial Accounting has ended and too bad that I failed that exam. Well, I already saw that coming so I wasn't really surprised. I just need to accept the result and move on with my life. The finals exam will start tomorrow but I only have two more subjects, thank God. So I'm really sorry for being out. Here's an update and I hope everyone likes it!

And oh, I want to congratulate my babies for winning big at MAMA 2016 especially EXO babies who won a total of four awards, to queen Taeyeon who won "Best Female Artist" for two consecutive years and to my little babies, NCT127 for winning "Best New Male Artist" and lastly, IOI for winning "Best New Female Artist". Everybody slayed in their performance! GREAT JOB!

Anyways, stay tuned for more updates! Sending purple hearts, Jihyun


Joshua 22:5 - But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."