[fourteen] Fine.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 16, 2016

PARK SOOYEON

      It has been a week since Lee Jiyeon became Kai’s fake girlfriend and slowly, the news was spreading in the campus. Many felt sorry towards me about what happened thinking that Kai broke up with me but they don’t know that it’s all a show. Even though everything is just a show, I can’t help but to miss Kai and not feel at ease. Lee Jiyeon is a beautiful girl, I should tell you honestly. She is a very pretty girl who has a great heart. Many of my classmates and friends want to be her friend and most of the boys from my class like her. You can’t blame me if I’m not at ease.

      “Sooyeon-ah, is it really true that Kai broke up with you?” one of my classmates asked.

      I wanted to just grab her hair for being so insensitive but I gave her my biggest fake smile and was about to answer her when somebody spoke up.

      “Yes, so?” I looked at my side and saw Minho sitting beside me.

      “M-minho…” the girl stuttered and she immediately left us alone.

      I looked at Minho and smiled at him.

      “Thanks,” I muttered.

      “Are you okay?” he asked and I just nodded at him.

      “I’m fine,” I answered back.

      “You know what? I’ve learned that when somebody says that they’re fine, there are two possible interpretations for that.” He smiled, “One is that they’re really fine and second, they’re not. So which one are you?”

      I sighed and looked down, “Fine,” I said, “I’m the second one.”

      “What’s the matter?” he asked me. “Kai?” he asked and I nodded again.

      “Well, what would I expect? It’s always Kai,” he chuckled but a sad one. “But isn’t it a show?” he asked me.

      I was surprised. How come he knows that?

      “Why do you look surprised?” he asked me.

      “U-uhm…” I stuttered.

      “I’m not your best friend for nothing, Sooyeon.” He told me, “I can tell everything that’s going on your mind.”

      A tear eventually escaped from my eyes.

      “Come on, cry,” He instructed me, “Instead of bottling up your pains. You might not know that you might explode someday.”

      I don’t know but there’s something in his words that made me burst into tears.

      “Why is everything so difficult?” I wailed.

      He suddenly hugged me and patted my back.

      “I love him so much. I can do everything just for him,” I cried, “But this pain is too much!”

      I’ve been containing all my pains and sufferings since I became Kai’s girlfriend. I always thought that Kai is not meant for me because of the rift between his family and mine but I made sure that love will always prevail between us. I love Kai with everything within me. I gave him everything but I guess it’s not always enough. These days, I would always doubt the decision that I made when I agreed to be his girlfriend and sometimes, I would like to go back to the time when I first saw him. Thinking that I shouldn’t have approached him or I shouldn’t have become close to him. In that way, I wouldn’t have to fall in love with him and I wouldn’t have felt this pain.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I am currently here at the music room with Myungsoo. We’re talking about what to do in the upcoming music festival of the school. I haven’t thought of the song that I will be performing. Myungsoo is actually here beside me, busy. He is practicing the song that he will be performing. He will be singing his self-composed song, “Peter pan”.

      “I brush off the dust on the old diary, the inside that suddenly opened up, brightly. You are there still like before, you are remained.” Myungsoo sang as he strums the guitar strings.

      The song that he will be performing is really a good song he said that he wants to dedicate that song to someone and I really wanted who that is but he doesn’t want to tell me.

      Suddenly, Myungsoo stopped strumming and turned to me.

      “How about you? What are going to sing?” he asked.

      “I still have nothing in mind.” I answered back.

      “We only have small amount of time to practice. You should start thinking about it now.” He reprimanded me.

      “Yeah,” I answered, “I just have many things in mind.”

      “Like what?” he asked me.

      I didn’t want to tell him anything because the truth is all I’m thinking about now is Kai and Sooyeon. Those two are really giving me headaches!

      “Don’t tell me it’s Kai and Sooyeon.”

      I was surprised.

      “H-how…” I asked.

      “I heard Sooyeon begging to you last time.” He told me, “I didn’t really leave. I was outside the door, guarding.”

      I sighed. I guess there’s no point on hiding this to Myungsoo.

      “Yeah, I’m worried about Kai and Sooyeon.” I answered.

      “Isn’t it too complicated for you to be tangled with them?” he asked me.

      “It is.” I sighed, “But I can’t turn my back away from Kai. He’s one of my treasured friends.” I told him.

      “You know? You’re digging your own grave.” Myungsoo spat out.

      “What do you mean?” I asked him.

      “Everyone in this school knows that Kai is dating Sooyeon and when you come in the picture, Kai’s fan girls will surely make your life hell.” He told me.

      I sighed again, “That’s fine, though.” I told him, “I’m fine as long as I’ll be able to help Kai and Sooyeon.”

      His brows clashed and crossed his arms.

      “Why are you so nice?” he asked me.

      I turned to him and chuckled.

      “What do you mean?” I asked back.

      “You’re too nice Jiyeon!” he exclaimed, “Some people might take advantage of your niceness.”

      I laughed at him and just shook my head.

      “My mom and dad taught me to help others if there is something that I can do to help.” I narrated, “Just like what Sooyeon and Kai said, I’m the only one who can help them. How can I turn around and let them suffer?” I asked him.

      Myungsoo’s face suddenly changed, his face looked like he was shocked by what I just said.

      “But you’ll suffer too when you help them.” He told me.

      “That’s okay.” I answered back.

      “Your parents really did a great job raising you.” He sighed. “But please, learn not to be so nice Jiyeon.” He shook his head. “I’ll teach you,”

      I just laughed at what he said.

      “Anyway, I’ve heard this song that you might want to sing with me at the third performance.” He told me.

      “What is it?” I asked.

      “I’ve come across this when I was searching the net.” He muttered and scrolled through his phone.

      Then suddenly the music started playing.

      “The title is Dream by Suzy and Baekhyun. It’s a duet.” He informed me.

      I listened to it and it was a great song. It has a wonderful meaning and I certainly love the melody.

      “Dream that I can never have again that was really sweet. I think you are just like the dream.”

      I listened to it carefully and I know that you can accompany it with the piano.

      “Why don’t I play the piano while singing?” I asked Myung.

      “Sure,” he smiled. “I can play the electric guitar.” He informed me.

      We finally came up with the two performances. “Peter pan” for Myungsoo and then “Dream” for the both of us. The only thing that I should think about now is my piece. Now, what should I sing for that music festival?

 

      It’s already dismissal and I decided to just go home alone.

      I was walking on the sidewalk when somebody honked his horn. I looked back and saw a familiar car trailing behind me.

      “Come on, I’ll ride you home.” He told me.

      “No thanks, Tan,” I told him as I rolled my eyes.

      “Come on!” he told me and he went out of the car to grab my hands and forcefully get me inside.

      It wasn’t that harsh so I didn’t get mad. I just rolled my eyes at him and sat beside him.

      “Why are you suddenly riding me home?” I asked him.

      “Nothing, I just want to.” He answered with a smile in his face.

      We didn’t talk much until we reached home. I went out of the car and was about to bid him goodbye when someone called my name.

      “Ayaka,” I looked back at my house’s door and saw Keiko-chan.

      “Keiko-chan.” I called her.

      “I didn’t know that someone’s accompanying you home.” She muttered.

      Seojoon oppa suddenly popped out from the back of Keiko-chan with a crazy grin in his face. I just shook my head. This is going to be a long discussion.

      “Kai, you need to go.” I told him.

      Kai just nodded and was about to leave when Keiko-chan called him.

      “Wait,”

      Kai quickly stopped and turned to Keiko-chan.

      “Come inside.” She told him as she went inside the house.

      I shook my head and sighed.

      “Let’s go.” I told Kai, not having any options.

      Kai quickly went out of his car and followed me. We went inside the house. My heart was trembling because I know that Keiko-chan will ask who Kai is.

      “Be ready Jiyeon.” Seojoon-oppa teased me.

      “Have dinner with us…” Keiko-chan exclaimed, waiting for Kai’s response.

      “Kai, ma’am.” Kai answered, sounding petrified.

      “Have dinner with us Kai.” Keiko-chan repeated.

      Ugh… this night is going to be long. 


New Character;

     

Choi Minho
18 years old
12th Grade at Seoul High School


Romans 8:18 - For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.