[fifty-three] Keiko-chan's day.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – September 4, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Time has flown so fast and it is already September. I can already feel the autumn season here in Seoul and I just can’t wait for December because I’m planning to go back to Japan to spend my Christmas there but for now, I need to focus on my studies. Also, Kai is fortunately not around since last Friday since his parents asked him to go with them in a family outing in Canada. He went with them since it is really rare for his sister Soeun to come with them and he said that he will not miss it for the world. It is quiet an advantage for me because I really need a time away from him to sort out my weird feelings. Today is also a special day since today is Keiko-eonni’s 23rd birthday and since there’s only the three of us to spend her birthday, she asked me to bring any of my friend at home since she wants to cook for her birthday. I tried to ask Gayoung but she’s still busy with the American students who visited the school so she can’t come. I asked Myungsoo on the other hand and good thing that he agreed to come, he said he’s excited to meet my sister, so right now I’m waiting on the porch of our house for him.

      “Jiyeon-ah, is Myungsoo coming?” eonni asked as she peeked from the door.

      I nodded and smiled, “He’s excited to meet you.” I answered.

      After a few minutes, a black Lamborghini car parked in front of the house and I know for sure that it is Myungsoo. He went out of the car and smiled as soon as he saw me.

      “Myung,” I chirped.

      “Ji, have you been waiting all along?” he asked.

      “Yeah, good thing you came.” I smiled as I led him inside the house.

      “I’m really nervous to meet your sister,” he whispered that left me chuckling.

      We went inside the house and as soon as Seojoon-oppa saw Myungsoo, he smiled. I quickly introduced them to each other.

      “Oppa, this is Myungsoo, the friend that I was talking about.” I smiled, “Myung, this is Seojoon-oppa, eonni’s boyfriend.”

      Myung immediately smiled and offered his hand, “Hello sir, I’m Kim Myungsoo, Jiyeon’s friend.” Myungsoo introduced.

      Oppa quickly accepted his hand and smiled, “Nice to meet you Myungsoo,” he exclaimed, “And oh, you don’t need to call me sir. Be comfortable and just call me hyung, you’re Jiyeon’s friend anyway.” He muttered.

      Myungsoo smiled widely and nodded. The three of us went to the dining area and quickly sat on the chairs as we eyed the delicious food that eonni prepared.

      “Oh, is this the friend you’re talking about?” eonni smiled happily as she placed the cake on the center and sat with us.

      I smiled at everyone and introduced eonni to Myung, “Eonni, this is—“ she quickly cut me and offered her hand to Myung, “Kim Myungsoo, I know.” She muttered, “Keiko Kitagawa, Jiyeon’s older sister.” She introduced.

      Out of respect, Myung stood up as he shook eonni’s hand and smiled, “Nice to meet you ma’am.” He exclaimed.

      “Ma’am?” eonni asked, laughing, “Drop the formality, you can just call me noona. I treat Jiyeon’s friends as my own.” She exclaimed.

      Even though they already met at my birthday, there wasn’t a time to introduce them properly since everyone was busy. Eonni was smiling the whole time and I’m very sure that she’s having a crush on my best friend.

      “Here Myungsoo, taste this.” Eonni offered as she gave Myung a slice of the tenderloin steak. “This is my favorite dish.” She added.

      Myungsoo accepted it gladly and ate it.

      “How is it?” I asked.

      Myungsoo’s eyes grew wide and smiled happily, “This taste great!” he complimented.

      “My girlfriend here surely makes a great housewife. I’m sure I’m not going to get hungry when I ask for her hand in marriage,” oppa interjected, causing us to laugh.

      “Joon-ah!” eonni exclaimed, as her face turned into the color of tomato.

      “What? I’m just saying the truth here,” oppa chuckled, “Soon, I’ll be asking your parents for the blessing and oh,” oppa exclaimed as he turned to Myungsoo, “You’re invited.” Oppa winked.

      Everyone laughed while eonni was left there, embarrassed and probably feeling the butterflies in her stomach. I know that what oppa said weren’t just empty words, his jokes were half meant and I know that someday the both of them will end up together in marriage. The whole dinner was spent happily. We talked so much that we didn’t notice that we have eaten everything on the table.

      “Oh by the way noona,” Myung muttered as he reached for the white paper bag beside his seat, “I got something for your birthday.” He smiled as he handed eonni the paper bag.

      “Oh, you shouldn’t have!” eonni gasped in surprise as she accepted the paper bag.

      She opened the present and gasped once again when she saw what was inside. She revealed Myung’s gift and it was a beautiful black Saint Laurent handbag. Eonni was so grateful that she stood up from her seat and hugged Myungsoo.

      “This is too much and I know how expensive this is,” eonni mumbled when she break from the hug.

      “It’s nothing,” Myung smiled, “It was my mom’s idea and I’ll thank her later since you loved it.” He chuckled.

      “Well, your mom got some style,” eonni chuckled.

      “Eonni, I also got something for you.” I exclaimed as I handed her the small box that I was hiding.

      I actually bought this one last time when I went to the mall with Gayoung.

      “Thank you Jiyeon-ah,” she smiled as she hugged me tight.

      She destroyed the wrapper and gasped when she saw my gift for her. I picked up a bottle of Chanel perfume in No.5 since eonni really loves it. I know that she can’t go to the malls these days since she’s busy with work and everything—so I basically got her that.

      “Thank you so much,” she said again.

      “Ahem,” we snapped at the side of oppa and saw him clearing his throat with a playful smirk in his face, “Of course, I would want to give my girlfriend a gift too.” He exclaimed as he stood up and held eonni’s hand.

      He led her to one of the chairs and let her sit there. Myung turned to me and smiled—I know what he’s thinking. He’s probably happy for my sister and Seojoon-oppa.

      “Joon-ah,” eonni called but oppa just ignored her.

      “Happy birthday Kei,” he smiled as he brought out a small box and opened it.

      Eonni gasped, as well as me. Oppa bought eonni a beautiful silver bracelet that has charms dangling on it. It was so beautiful and I’m sure that eonni loved it, just by judging how is agape.

      “I love you,” he muttered as he clasped the bracelet on eonni’s frail wrist.

      Eonni stood up and quickly hugged oppa. I smiled unknowingly and felt blessed for my sister. Both of them are lucky to find each other. I was so immersed in the scene that I didn’t notice that Myungsoo already held my hand. I looked at him and he just smiled at me and mouthed, “Let’s go out,” I quickly nodded and we both went out since we didn’t want to disrupt the lovebirds. As we closed the door behind us, Myung sat at the chair on the porch.

      “Your sister and hyung are awesome,” he chuckled, “Especially noona’s steak.”

      I chuckled back and sat beside him, “Of course, that’s my sister’s pride.” I kid.

      “With all those savory foods, I want some sweets right now.” Myung suddenly blurted out.

      Sweets? Yeah, I kind of want to eat some sweets right now too since we haven’t eaten any desserts yet. Eonni made some oreo cheesecake but we didn’t have the chance to eat it since the two lovebirds have become lovey dovey, haha.

      “Do you want me to get some desserts inside?” I asked him but he quickly shook his head as he waved his hands in the air, saying a ‘no’.

      “Don’t,” he answered, “We don’t want to disturb the couple, right?” he chuckled.

      I quickly laughed, remembering that we gave oppa and eonni some time.

      “Oh, right,” I muttered. But I really want to eat some sweets right now! I was thinking hard what I wanted to eat when I remembered the convenience store just around the corner, “Myung, do you want to eat some ice creams?” I asked.

      “Ice creams?” he asked.

      “There’s a convenience store just around the corner. Maybe we can eat some bungeoppang there.” I exclaimed.

      “Really?” he beamed, “Come on then!” he exclaimed happily.

      Myung and I walked side by side as we went to the convenience store. The night was cold since winter is almost approaching and good thing I wore some warm clothes tonight.

      “I actually haven’t forgotten the day we ate bungeoppang together,” I exclaimed happily as that night replayed at the back of my head.

      “I bet that fish is already one of your favorite Korean foods now,” he chuckled and I quickly nodded.

      “Strawberry is the best filling but I bet you’ll say red beans are still the best for you.” I exclaimed.

      “Of course, red beans for the win.” He laughed.

      We arrived at the convenience store after laughing our way here. We grabbed two bungeoppang and sat outside the convenience store and sat there.

      “You know, somewhat, I kind of remember my sister to yours. She’s making me miss my sister more.” He mumbled as he took a bite from his fish.

      “Really?” I smiled.

      “Yup,” he answered, popping the ‘p’, “By the way, my sister will be going home from France this Wednesday. If you’re free, you can drop by at home.” He invited.

      Wednesday?

      “I’m fine with Wednesday,” I answered back. “I would love to meet your sister. I bet she’s as cool as Keiko-eonni.” I beamed.

      “She sure is.” He second the motion, “Also, mom and dad are searching for you after you weeks of not showing yourself to them. Mom said she kind of missed your company even though you only met her once.” He chuckled.

      Aunt Sojin misses me? Aww, she’s really cute! She reminds me of my mom a lot, it’s like she’s a combination of mother and Keiko-eonni. I miss her too.

      “Aww,” I exclaimed, “I miss her too, tell her that. She’s resembles my mom a lot as well as eonni so I’m quiet drawn to her.” I muttered.

      He smiled, “I’ll just pick you at your home in Wednesday, wear a dress.” He exclaimed.

      Dress?

      “Aren’t we just going to your house?” I asked, “Why should I need to wear a dress? Isn’t it too formal?” I pondered.

      “Just wear a dress, I’ll fetch you at 7:30 in the evening.” He told me, leaving me dumbfounded.

      I mean, dress? Isn’t that too formal?


John 16:21 - A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.