[twenty-eight] Nightmare.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 10, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      Ayaka lead me inside the house and we went to the dining room to have some late night snack since we already ate dinner at the orphanage. Their house was quiet and it seems like we’re the only ones here. I wonder where hyung and noona is.

      “Where’s hyung and noona?” I asked.

      “Work,” she stated, “They’ll be home late.”

      I just nodded and sat on the bar stool as she poured some juice on my glass. We waited for our food from the microwave and after some minutes, we finally devoured our food and decided to go to our different rooms.

      “Where should I sleep?” I asked.

      “There’s a guest room upstairs,” she answered, “It’s beside my room, you can stay there.”

      Ayaka was about to go upstairs when I spoke, stopping her on her tracks.

      “I’m sorry for bothering you,” I muttered, “It’s just that… I think I won’t be able to wake up when I sleep alone.” I chuckled sadly as I walked past by her and went upstairs.

      I wandered upstairs, finding my room when I saw a room. I went inside and was about to sit on the bed when Ayaka appeared at the door.

      “Kai, that’s not your room.” she muttered.

      She quickly dragged me away from the room and led me to the guest room. She opened the white door and showed it to me. It was a simple bedroom; the wall was colored white with navy blue designs. The sheets of the bed were colored white and navy blue as well.

      “There’s the bed, there’s also a bath robe and slippers inside the cabinet.” she informed me, “If you want to brush your teeth and wash yourself, there are necessities in the bathroom. Call me if you there’s a problem.”

      “Thanks,” I smiled and sat on the bed.

      “I’ll sleep now.” she told me and left, closing my door.

      As the door closes, it was then everything sunk to me. That is when I felt the pain that Sooyeon caused me. I lay down on the fluffy bed and sobbed, “Will I be able to continue on living?” I asked myself. Will I be able to continue on living without Sooyeon? My tears fell and I felt that familiar pain on my chest, it was the same pain that I experienced a moment ago when… Sooyeon broke up with me. Is this what you call heartbreak? Will this love kill me? I was startled when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my tears and stood up to open the door.

      “Yeah?” I asked.

      “I’m wondering if you need some blankets.” She smiled.

      “Ugh… no, I’m fine.” I smiled.

      “Okay, just call me when you need me. I’ll be back in my room.” She muttered and left.

      I closed the door and lay back to the bed and closed my eyes.

--

      “Kai!” someone called, I looked at my back and saw Sooyeon waving at me, smiling.

      “Sooyeon?” I asked.

      She was wearing that bright smile that I feel in love with. I ran close to her and hugged her tight. Oh, how I miss her.

      “I love you, love.” She smiled and kissed my lips.

      What I was feeling was wonderful. I can feel the butterflies on my stomach and it feels like I was on Cloud nine. Seeing her happy like this feels like I want to stay here forever. We parted from each other but I was shocked when I saw tears streaming down her face.

      “S-sooyeon…” I called and cupped her face.

      I suddenly felt pain creeping in my heart. I hugged her tight, letting her know that I love her so much but someone pulled her away from me.

      “She’s mine!” that guy shouted.

      It was Minho. I suddenly felt angry.

      “No! She’s mine!” I shouted and pulled her away from that bastard, tears streaming down my face.

      No… no… Sooyeon is mine! Only mine!

      “Kai,” Sooyeon muttered, “Let’s end this. This love is hurting me way too much.” She sniffed and hugged Minho in front of me.

      “No!” I shouted but they just walked out, leaving me alone.

      “Sooyeon!!”

--

      “Sooyeon!” I shouted.

      I immediately sat up, panting and sweating. Sooyeon… even when I’m sleeping, she’s all I was thinking about. I buried my face on my palm and sighed, “Park Sooyeon…” I called but no one came.

      I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head, “Kai, wake up. Sooyeon already broke up with you.” I told myself.

      I stood up and went out of the guest room to get some water when I passed by Ayaka’s door. Is she awake? I hope she is because I just want someone to talk to. I slowly opened the door and saw her sleeping soundly. I went closer to her and sat on the side of her bed. I smiled as I looked at her sleeping face. I tucked her messy hair in her ear and sighed. Somehow, the pain that I was feeling reduced a little seeing this girl in front of me.

      I smiled, “Ayaka…” I called as I gently touched her cheeks, “Will you stay beside me?” I asked, “I need someone like you.”

      I stood up and fixed her blanket and was about to leave when I looked back at her sleeping figure again and sighed. I hope you won’t hate me for this… I just don’t want to be alone tonight. I lay down beside her and touched her face again, our faces inches from each other.

      “Let’s be by each other’s side.” I whispered. “I will protect you just like what you’re doing right now.” I added. “Good night, Ayaka.” I muttered as I close my eyes.

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 11, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I slowly opened my eyes as the sun to my face. I was hugging something… tanned skin, petite nose, angel-like face. That’s odd, I never had a teddy bear like this before.

      I opened my eyes widely and—“Aah!!” I shouted.

      The figure in front of me moved violently that caused him to fell hard on the floor.

      “What are you doing here?!” I asked, surprised.

      What the heck is Kai doing in my bed?!

      “Will you lower down your voice?! You’ll wake your neighbors with that voice.” He nagged as he stood up from falling.

      “Why the hell are you here in my room?!” I asked angrily.

      Kai just shrugged and crossed his arms, “I had a nightmare and I can’t sleep alone so I decided to sleep with you.” He answered, leaving me speechless. “I’ll be going downstairs.” He added and left.

      Nightmare? I just shook my head and looked at the door where Kai left. I decided to stand up and went to the comfort room to brush my teeth and wash my face. After that, I went down the dining room and saw him preparing our breakfast.

      “What are you doing?” I asked as I walked towards him.

      “Paying you,” he answered, “Thanks for letting me stay here.”

      I looked at the food that he cooked and it was a simple egg and ham. I sat at the dining table while watching him cook.

      “You had a nightmare?” I asked, trying to open up the topic.

      “Yeah, it was terrible.” He answered.

      He placed the plate full of food in front of me as he sat on the dining table together with me, sitting in front of me.

      “Is this your first time cooking?” I asked and he nodded.

      I tasted the egg and almost choked to death.

      “Yah!” I shouted, flustering him, “Why does it taste like this?” I asked.

      “What? Why?” he asked, snatching the fork from my hand and tasted the egg that he made.

      “Oh, I thought it was salt.” He muttered, “I never had sweet egg before,” he chuckled.

      “Aish,” I exclaimed in disbelief.

      I stood up to get some yogurt and bread from the fridge.

      “You can also get some there. Don’t eat that anymore, you might die.” I kid.

      “I’ll take a bath, do you want to—“ I didn’t get to finish my words when he cut me, “I don’t want!” he exclaimed as he covered his body with his hand, “Why do you want us to take a bath together?!” he asked, surprised.

      What?! I just laughed at his remarks and spanked him.

      “Yah, let me finish first!” I exclaimed, “I was asking if you want to take a bath here!” I defended.

      “O-oh… uhm… yeah, thanks.” He answered awkwardly as he ran upstairs.

      I just shook my head and laughed, Kai can be so green sometimes.

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 13, 2016

      It’s Monday again and Gayoung is asking me about what happened last Friday, I just feel sorry that I needed to hide something like this.

      “Yah, Lee Jiyeon! Care to explain what happened last Friday?” Gayoung asked, crossing her arms.

      I sighed, “ Okay, the truth is… I’m Kai’s fake girlfriend.” I muttered, causing Gayoung to gasp.

      “What?!” she asked, surprised.

       “He’s just using me so that will be misguided.” I told her.

      “So… you’re not really together?” she asked.

      “Yeah,” I answered, “Everything was just a play.”

      Gayoung hugged me tight and mumbled, “I thought he hurt your feelings. Don’t you ever hide something like that ever again,” I just nodded and hugged her back.

      The bell rang, signaling us to go back to our class. Gayoung and I went together and arrived at our room. As we enter, everyone was looking at us… or me? I just shrugged it off and went to my seat which is beside Kai. He was sitting on his seat, sleeping. I slowly nudged him, waking him up.

      “Yah, you never slept in math class.” I whispered as the teacher came.

      “I have no interest,” he answered, going back to sleep.

      No interest? Math is his favorite subject, for Pete’s sake! Kai may be cutting classes or sleeping in class, but he never sleeps on Math class.

      “Yah…” I called him again.

      He turned his face to me and asked, “What?”

      “Kai, what are you doing?” I asked.

      “Nothing,” he answered, clueless.

      “Exactly!” I exclaimed, “Nothing! You’re doing nothing! For Pete’s sake! The Kai I met is someone who loved to bug me every day and night but… what are you doing right now?” I whispered angrily.

      “The Kai you met died yesterday.” He answered as he went back to sleeping.

      I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. I went back to listening to our teacher but some crazy idea popped out of my mine. Since his cheeks were showing… I took out my marker and wrote something on his cheeks.


Philippians 2:3 - Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.