Episode 75

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Goo Jun Pyo let other F4s to know about the grandfather of Ji Hoo but he was not strong in his heart to visit and face him. A corner of his heart was blaming him reminding what happened with Ji Hoo at that date which has been caused to grandfather’s critical situation like this. He always thinks by now, that he should have met Ji Hoo outside of the house at that night to speak those things but by now all have already happened to the worst.

Ei Jung and Woo Bin visited hospital time to time. Seeing Ji Hoo there, their hearts have dropped down every moment. And most importantly they noticed that Jun Pyo didn’t visit and Ji Hoo doesn’t speak with Jan Di much. Ei Jung knew by his heart that something would have been happened between Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo after knowing about the letter but so far Ei Jung has not asked about it from Jun Pyo thinking and fearing what if he tries to dig things and try to get more information using him again which has already caused an issue with Ga Eul as well.

Jan Di always tried to let Ga Eul to speak with Ei Jung. She tried to create incidents to make them together. Though little by little both of them speak while visiting the hospital, Ga Eul’s heart has not been fully recovered with the distrust and dishonest matters with Ei Jung.

Grandfather was gaining and losing his consciousness time to time. The every time he got his consciousness, he spoke about Jan Di and Ji Hoo happily with his grandson. Though Ji Hoo said Jan Di to break up with him, the words and happiness of grandfather was really a burden to his heart. All the time the cries and words of Jan Di who wanted to lean on to him were haunting in his mind. He felt so surprised to think that whether she is really meaning of being with him whatever happen with Jun Pyo. Most of the time, with grandfather’s hopes on them, he felt that he should not give up on her like this, being selfless like this only made him losing her when she wants to be with him.

Most of the time, Jun Pyo spent his time with Je Kyang. Though he wanted to spent his time with Jan Di, she was busy with visiting hospital all the time. In his heart he was feeling that the old Gum Jan Di was not there anymore. When in the beginning it gave a direct shock and a pain but when time passes little by little and when he felt it deeply seeing how she moved towards Ji Hoo, he felt empty in his thoughts. That emptiness has led him to go and find Je Kyang all the time giving secret hopes to her heart too.

 

……………………………….

 

“Ji Hoo, You will fulfill the promise which you gave to me, right? Wherever I will be, I am going to watch you my son.”

In an evening grandfather caught his grandson’s hands and whispered with much breathing difficulty.

“Harabouji!!!” he murmured getting wondered. Woo Bin was there with him standing behind him sadly.

“You are not alone, your mother and father always with you. Don’t forget it.” He said again looking at him.

“I know harabouji, and we will go home soon….ok…. so, take rest please” he said sadly staring at him.

“No my son, I don’t have much time, I feel it…… promise me that you will fulfill the balance part of the wedding and marry her and be happy in your life. I want you to promise me Ji Hoo-ahh!!.....promise me now” he said again.

Woo Bin stared at Ji Hoo’s back image surprisingly. He couldn’t think regarding whom grandfather was referring.

“Harabouji!!!” Ji Hoo muttered with the embarrassment. He has already told her to break up from him and marry Jun Pyo and now he has to enter in to a promise with harabouji.

“Promise me that you will marry Jan Di and make me pleased too” grandfather said tightening his hands.

Understanding everything Woo Bin felt what’s all about and he saw how Ji Hoo was embarrassing without promising. In a death bed, it should not make a person hurt and even a promise which gives in that kind of moment cannot give up as well. Woo Bin got closed to Ji Hoo and placed his hand on his shoulder making him staring at his face. Making him understandable Woo Bin gave a head sign to Ji Hoo signaling promise him what he asks. Ji Hoo stared at his friend’s face with a wonder and pain full look. Then he looked at the grandfather. He felt that this moment is really strange and darken in to his heart.

“I promise Harabouji. I will fulfill the promise and make you happy. I will marry her one day, I promise” he said tightening his hand. He noticed the smile in his old face. When his heart was filling with a lot of weight he smiled with Harabouji as well.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, I think something is wrong, see, harabaouji’s heart rate is going down”

With Woo Bin’s words Ji Hoo stood up shockingly. He ran from the room to bring the doctor immediately. With all their might, doctors trying to do each and every treatment to him with a fearful heart Ji Hoo kept standing there with his friend. When his heart was filling with the fright, his eyes were getting red eventually. Woo Bin noticed it very well. He quickly sent massage to Ei Jung informing that grandfather was in danger and asking his visit for their friend who is about to collapse from the shock.

In the pale dark evening, letting his grandson alone in this world, grandfather closed his eyes on the hospital bed.

“Harabouji!!!.............. Harabouji!!!.............. Harabouji!!!..............!!!” when doctors got away from his silent body Ji Hoo ran towards him and shakes his body and shouted to get him awaken.

“Why? Don’t you do something? Ahh!!! Why did you stop pushing his heart, ahh!!”

Ji Hoo shouted to doctors making all of them surprised and trying to punch his grandfather’s heart to gain the life by his own. Woo Bin felt so much pain in his heart seeing his friend who is trying to gain the life of a dead person. He quickly came towards him and took him away from the bed.

“Woo Bin, we can gain his life. I am also a doctor…Ahh!!!... Let’s try again and again…” he said like a crazy, looking at him.

“Ji Hoo-ahh! Get a hold of yourself. He has gone. He has left all of us” Woo Bin said in a crying voice looking at his friend’s fearful eyes.

Ji Hoo at once forsook his hand and stared at the silent face of grandfather. He sat on the chair automatically like a dead body with his words. He kept staring the way they covered his face along with entire body from a white cloth.

For a second he felt that everything revolving in this universe has stopped and only he and harabouji were there. His mind tried to capture the moments he was with him. He didn’t feel that he has gone from him. He just felt that he was still sleeping there and he is soon going home with him.

“Yoon Ji Hoo!!!.. Ji Hoo-ahh!!!”

Woo Bin shook his shoulder sitting next to him. He felt that Ji Hoo has frozen with the pain and the shock. He waited with him there till he speaks but he didn’t. Even single tear didn’t fall from his eyes and he didn’t speak a word from his mouth. It was like he was lost somewhere with the memories of harabouji.

Passing the massage to everyone all of them was gathering to the hospital. With the urgent massage of Harabouji’s body guards Eun Ji came first.

“Yoon Ji Hoo!!!”

She ran towards him when he and Woo Bin were sitting outside of the room. Woo Bin stood up and let her to sit next to him. She quickly caught his hands and crossed her fingers with him making him stares at her.

“Eun Ji! Has harabouji gone? Is that true?” he asked looking at her in his painful eyes.

“Yoon Ji Hoo! Please get a hold of yourself, please don’t stuck your feelings inside and let them to flow from you” she said tightening her fingers in him when she noticed that no single tear in his eyes.

Ji Hoo looked at her crying face but he didn’t have tears to shed at this moment because he has not felt yet that grandfather has left him.

“Sunbea!!!”

He heard Jan Di’s voice so closely. She ran towards him while Eun Ji stood up from him letting her to sit next to him. The tears were falling down from Jan Di’s face just looking at him.

Goo Jun Pyo was staring at them standing behind Woo Bin. Ei Jung and Ga Eul also came closer to them.

Jan Di crossed Ji Hoo’s fingers at once even without caring about others. When other F4’s eyes were tending towards Jun Pyo, he looked away from them. He was feeling really shock and ache within him, the loss of Ji Hoo and the behaviors of his lover towards his friend were making a pain full scene in his heart.

“Where is Harabouji?” she asked from Ji Hoo slowly.

“His last will was complete his funeral within the same day of his death. Now they get ready for it” Eun Ji said instead of Ji Hoo, wiping a tear from her face.

“I want to see him” Jan Di said while crying.

Woo Bin took her to see the silent body of the grandfather while Jun Pyo stepped behind them. She at once knelt down in front of the body and started crying.

“Harabouji, why did you leave like this? Now what will happen to sunbea? He needs you most. Harabouji………….!!!! Don’t leave like this….. Sunbea will be all alone without you…..how can I console him here in after…………Harabouji!!!”

She cried a lot. She cried for Ji Hoo as well as the departure of grandfather. Woo Bin felt the fondness of her towards Ji Hoo a lot just as he noticed their close relationship in the past and he recalled the promise which Ji Hoo gave to grandfather. He noticed that Jun Pyo stood behind him. When Jan Di was crying pathetically Jun Pyo stepped towards her and let her to stand up.

“Stand up Jan Di!”

He said holding her back shoulders. The heart of Jun Pyo was burning and aching a lot. The loss of the grandfather which gave a reason to think that he also has done something which he should not have done and the loss of his girl towards him were though she was there with him were making him feel deeply. He knew already that he has lost her in their emotions. And the behaviors and words of her were making him to prove it at this moment strongly.

 

……………………………….

 

With the participation of giving the last respect of the former president of Korea all the respective people were gathering to his funeral giving him the national respect even.  Mrs. Kang and Ei Jung’s father also have attended for the funeral to offer their last respect. Around Ji Hoo, Eun Ji, Jan Di, Ga Eul, Je Kyang, Jun Hee and F4 were there with a lot of crowd.

Even at the last moment when grandfather was departing all of them leaving, without shedding a tear Ji Hoo was there standing still. By now, he was feeling the departure of him but he didn’t cry, he held everything to his heart. All the time his heart and his chest were paining because of bearing the pain without releasing but he was there without speaking a word or without shedding single tear in the mid of a lot of crowd.

Jun Pyo stood behind of Jan Di. He placed his arm on her shoulder which captured the eyes of Mrs. Kang too but as for her surprise she noticed that all the time, Jan Di’s eyes were with Yoon Ji Hoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter