Episode 95

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the sunshine she opened her eyes slowly.  From the atmosphere in the room she felt bit weird and different. Thoroughly she stared around the room while staying in the bed. The peaceful room was not her bedroom anymore. She quickly sat on the bed.

It was passed few seconds for her to understand that she was in a hospital. Takashi tried to remember how she came here. She noticed that her clothes also have been changed according to hospital clothes.

Takashi got down from the bed and stepped towards the small window. The half opened window has another iron locks from outside just in case if patients try to jump. It was all safe and surrounded. She touched the window frame and stared far off the sky.

Little by little she could remember what happened last night. The scenery which was seen about the romance of them, the way she shouted and hit Jan Di, the way Ji Hoo defended her and blamed her and the way she fainted in the hands of her father were capturing to her mind with a headache. When the memories were deepened and deepened she felt that the headache also was growing. She touched her head from her both hands and came towards the bed and sat there.

“Have you awakened up?” she could hear her father’s voice from the door. With him a female doctor and a nurse were entering to the room.

“Takashi, why? What’s wrong?” he asked quickly coming towards her.

“My head is paining” she murmured whilst touching her head.

“Don’t worry. It’s because of the medicine. You will be alright soon”

A kind and gentle lady doctor moved closer to her and expressed with a smile. They injected an injection to her arm and wait till she got better in her head.

“Are you alright now?” after ten minutes she asked.

“Yes, I am fine now”

“Takashi, I want to speak with you regarding an important thing. Can you answer me what I am going to ask?” the doctor asked sitting on the chair next to her bed. She could see the nurse and her father were going out from the room.

“Mmmm…” she murmured.

“Right now, you are in a psychological hospital. Do you know why?” doctor asked gently.

“No”

“It’s because you are suffering from a psychological illness” she said making her surprise.

“Me?” she asked shockingly.

“I want you to listen to me very clearly…. It’s the illness called Erotomania which is a type of delusional disorder where the affected person believes that another person is in love with him or her….But don’t worry, it’s not a harmful disorder…I want your enthusiasm and assistance for the recovering process…” the doctor said looking at her seriously shocked face.

“I don’t understand” she said looking at the gentle doctor.

“Who is Yoon Ji Hoo of you?” the doctor asked starting the conversation. With a surprise she stared at her. She tried to think that how the doctor knew about Yoon Ji Hoo.

“Yoon Ji Hoo! He loves me” she said in a lower voice.                                   

“How do you know that he loves you?” the doctor asked simply.

“Huh!!!” she surprised with her question. She has not ever thought something like that.

“Takashi, tell me, has he ever told you that he loves you?” Doctor asked walking in the correct path with her patient.

“No”

“Has he ever given you hope of marrying you?”

“No”

“Has he ever touched you?” looking at her eyes doctor asked.

“What do you mean by doctor?” she asked becoming anxious from her questions.

“What I meant was, has he ever kissed you or had any kind of physical relationship with you?”

Making her blushed at once the doctor asked from her. She could see the red face of the girl who was in front of her.

“No, he never kissed me…But…..but…” she muttered without being able to express further words.

“Here, no one is listening and only you and I are here. Therefore, don’t be shy or hesitate. Tell me everything you want to tell.”

Encouraging her patient the doctor said with a gentle expression in her face. Takashi stared at her face. The kind face of her was truly encouraging her to talk in front of her.

“Actually….he has never kissed me but I want him to kiss me” she said in a lower voice.

“Why do you want him to kiss you?” she asked with the same expression.

“Because he loves me…If a boy loves a girl then he should kiss her…right? But Yoon Ji Hoo never kissed me…I wonder why…”

Truly the doctor felt sympathy about this girl. A beautiful girl, who was suffering from a mental disorder thinking that the very caring person of her life was loving her, gave a seriously sad feeling in her heart.

“I will tell you why he didn’t do it with you… And you think about it further and realize…Takashi…. actually he never kissed you because he doesn’t love you.”

Doctor said carefully looking at her changing behaviors. She could see the facial expressions of Takashi were getting upset. Doctor knew that they were coming to the of the day. She started questioning her again gently.

“Takashi, now tell me…do you love him?” she asked.

“Huh!!!” Takashi felt that she was tangling somewhere.

“Do you want to marry him?” the doctor asked again making her dumb.

“And have you ever kissed him?” trying to get answers doctor asked again from her. Takashi felt that her head was feeling pain again slowly. The questions and the explanations which the doctor was expressing were a burden in her mind a lot.

“Doctor, actually I have not thought about it” she whispered looking at her.

“What have you not thought about?’

“Loving him… what I thought is he loves me…” clearing the point which the doctor wanted to discover she answered her tangling here and there. The gentle doctor caught her both hands in her palms.

“Listen my child… listen me carefully…. You suffer from Erotomania right now…. That is why you think that he loves you but truly you don’t know whether you love him or not… Yoon Ji Hoo thinks about you as a friend and he knew about this situation of you very well and that’s why he cared for you to get recover… You have your own proofs that he doesn’t love you….A friend never try to move for skin-ship with a girl if she is not his lover…the same as Yoon Ji Hoo…”

Looking at her widened eyes the doctor explained her, the reality of her life calmly.

“Doctor, I don’t know… I don’t understand” she said touching her head when she felt it was bit paining again and again.

“I heard he is married…and his wife is with him… you know that, right?” she asked again from Takashi.

“He said like that” she murmured.

“Takashi, you will be alright very soon but now you need to accept that he is not in love with you just as you accepted once before that he was in love with you… that is where your recovery will be started.” She said standing from the chair.

A warm tear was falling down through her cheek at once. It was not a surprise view for the doctor who has lot of experience of treating patients like that. She touched her head and gently smiled.

“You must be thankful to him because he was there to help you”

She said going away from her. The doctor knew that was enough for the day. She didn’t expect Takashi to accept the truth at the first discussion of them but she wanted to give something to think leisurely. And she knew that not like today, a storm will be coming in her mind so soon after she tries to accept the truth little by little.

“Doctor!” when she was about to go out she heard her voice. She turned back and looked at her. The empty and lost expressions in her face were telling her that her patient was in her deep thoughts.

“Can I meet him?” she asked.

“You can, but not today…” she said with a smile and stepped out from the door while closing it.

Takashi lay on the bed. The warm tear which was on her cheek has already faded away. It was like a nightmare to her listening what doctor said.

The mental disorder….the fact that he doesn’t love her…. The fact that she doesn’t know about her thoughts…. The fact that he has already married… his wife….their life….. Everything was coming in to her mind like a thread ball. What she felt was that she was tangling within them without being able to come out.

“It’s your medicine time”

A nurse entered in to the room with the medicine. Takashi had her medicine and again lay on the bed. She felt like sleeping and going to another world slowly. The image of Ji Hoo was drawing in her mind and faded away…

 

………………………………

 

“Can I speak with you for few seconds?” with Jun Hee’s words Je Kyang raised her head and stared.

“Ohh! It’s you, please come and have a seat” with a respect voice she stood up from her chair and stepped towards her. Both of them sat on the couch which was in her office room.

“Are you busy right now?” Jun Hee asked.

“Not at all…it doesn’t matter when it is you who have come to see me” she said with a smile.

“Actually…Ha Je Kyang, so many things are happening. I thought I should speak with you too” Jun Hee said while staring at her.

“Jun Hee Unni, I think I know already and I congratulate for your engagement” she said with a smile.

“Thank you Ha Je Kyang. The reason I come today is not anything but because of Goo Jun Pyo…I want to speak with you about him” she said expressing a serious mood in her face.

“Go on Unni…” she whispered.

“My mother is like a snake now. She has never faced this kind of humiliation in her life. The person whom I engaged with my first love whom my mother let down and insulted. But today, she has defeated with our joined plan but I don’t think that she will easily accept the defeat. Because she still has a hope on Jun Pyo though I already have been cut down….Do you understand what I am saying?” she asked staring seriously at Je Kyang.

“I perfectly understand Unni”

“Ha Je Kyang! The life of Goo Jun Pyo was always challengeable. He has born with the crown and has to bear it till the end. Because of this crown he has gain things as well as he has lost already… there is no secret that for you about the relationship he had with Jan Di in the past. She was his first love…but he was incompetent to balance everything because he was immature in front of my mother. She was always tactic and well planned…But today I don’t blame to anyone because I think this is the way of life… life goes on with the ups and downs…” Jun Hee stopped her words and stared at Ha Je Kyang softly.

“I know what you mean Unni…everyone has a past… not every past is white sometimes it can be black as well…I accept Jun Pyo the way he is... I don’t want to change him ever because I respect others’ choices… the matter with Jan Di, I aware everything about it…I know the hidden reason for that break up was his mother’s motives... but I am not another Jan Di… I am Je Kyang…. Therefore, Unni… don’t stress you and worries a lot….”

With the confident words of Je Kyang, Jun Hee felt a relief in her heart. She smiled with her.

“I will be with Goo Jun Pyo with every decision he makes…I know he does right…and he is the king of my heart…therefore, Unni… don’t worry... I am not going to let him down even if the things are getting dark and difficult”

She said strongly again with her heartiest confident.

“I believe your words Ha Je Kyang…A strong woman is the shadow of a success man… I believe it will be you, in his life”

She said with a confident smile in her face. Truly she has scared to think that her mother would do something after the happening on that day with Jun Min.

 

………………………………….

 

“I didn’t know that you are wondering here and there in the dark… What is this place?”

Joining with his attractive smile Je Kyang said while stepping in to him. They were on the top of a highest building and she has come to see him with his calling there.

“This building owns us… and you will know more about me little by little…” he said with a smile.

“You know what I like most in this Universe?” he asked again putting his hands in to his pocket.

“What is it?”

“The stars” he murmured with a smile

“Really…..? I love stars too… even in my school times, I learned a lot about stars as a subject.” she said looking at the sky.

“Really… you did….?” He asked surprisingly.

“Yeah… Astronomy was one of my favorite subjects… since I had to follow business management because of my family business, I had to stop following it” she said with a sad smile.

“It’s a relief…At least you are interested in what I like…” he said stepping towards the big telescope which has been set there with her. Seeing it there Je Kyang’s eyes got widened with a surprise.

“Wow!!! It’s a large telescope” she ran towards it touched it with a big smile. Jun Pyo felt happy in his heart to see that she also liked it so much.

“In the past, some days I watched stars with Gum Jan Di when we were studying at Shinwa” he said remembering old memories. Je Kyang stared at his calm face.

“Are you feeling sad?” she asked getting closer to him.

“When the past become memories then the feelings get faded away… Those days when I tried to limit Jan Di to me engaging her forcefully, I felt really burdened and sad always but after realizing everything and let her go nowadays I feel so comfort and peace in my heart…” he said looking at her face. Je Kyang got closer to him and caught his hands.

“Jun Pyo! It’s not always that the first love is important. The important is having the last love in the life and no more heart breakings… I really understand what you say… when we tied something in our hands even though we need it, we feel the burden in our hearts but when we release our hands and let the destiny to meet our desires then we feel always peace and comfort… Likewise, your past is your lesson and not your weakness….remember it…” she said like a matured lecture to him.

“I am glad at least I have you…I don’t get tangled with the past and I always looking forward to move with the present Je Kyang…” he said touching her head softly.

“Without being so emotional shall we watch stars then?” she asked changing the mood with a smile. Jun Pyo took a map in his hand and asked her to select whatever star she needs to see.

“This one” she said. He adjusted the telescope accordingly and called her closer.

“Wow….you are really talented on this. You truly know how to do this….” She said happily while watching the star.

“Jun Pyo….come soon….look at this….come soon…” she was shouting at once. He came hurriedly and kept his eye.

“Wow!! A Shooting star!!” he said happily.

“Jun Pyo, make a wish soon!” she said while closing her eyes joining her hands together in her chest. With a smile he stared at her. Though he didn’t close his eyes and joined his hands in his heart he wished just as her.

 “What did you wish?” she asked when she opened her eyes.

“Wishes should not be revealed until they become true!” he said with a smile.

“Oh! Come on Goo Jun Pyo! it’s me no….. please …please tell me..” she was troubling him continuously.

“I wished that from here in after the tears may not count in the eyes of my loved ones… What did you wish then?” he asked with a smile. Je Kyang caught his hands with her fingers and stared at him with a smile

“I wished that I would never lose these hands” she said making him feeling so special.

Placing a blanket on the floor next to the telescope Je Kyang sat on it looking at the starry night. She felt really pleased in her heart to being with him like this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter