Episode 80

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Goo Jun Pyo! What do you think that you did right there? Something like this, you cannot decide by your own and you need to discuss with me… Are you crazy?..? Actually…..I think…..I am going crazy now… ”

Jan Di’s words hit his heart deeply. The expressions in her face and the embarrassment in her eyes were telling him that she was not glad for what he did a while ago.

“Come with me” he dragged her hand from the crowd towards the exit of the ceremony hall. He scared if someone would hear anything.

“Gum Jan Di! Listen to me. What’s so big deal with you to react like this? We already decided to get married and this is a surprise for you and everyone and an early announcement that we will marry soon in near future. There is nothing for you to worry…” he said staring at her.

“There are…. There are things I have to worry….” She expressed staring at his questionable face by taking back her hand from him.

“What are they?” he asked seriously

“When the last time I met you, I told you Jun Pyo. Four years are a very long period. I cannot let things go on in an easy way like this. So many things have changed and I wanted to tell you about those little by little. But what you have done?” she adjusted her words with much of difficulty.

“Gum Jan Di! I don’t care what has changed or what you need to adjust. You have promised me to marry me and this is just the first step for it and I don’t see anything wrong here…”

Without caring her words he expressed his words calmly but in his mind, he knew perfectly what she was trying to figure out here.

“Goo Jun Pyo! Cancel this engagement; please… this is not going to work. Please…Cancel this…” changing her expressions in to helpless sight, she begged in front of him making his heart ache a lot.

“Jan Di!!! What are you talking?” he whispered shockingly.

“Goo Jun Pyo, I am really sorry. I cannot marry you. I cannot do it….please Jun Pyo….” she said when her eyes were filling with tears. With an aching heart he stared at her and caught her both shoulders making her stared at him.

“Why can’t you marry me? Why? Tell me now, why can’t you marry me?” he asked straightly in a direct voice.

“Because…..something has happened to my heart; It doesn’t beat just as it beat in the past when I am with you…I am really sorry… I am sorry Goo Jun Pyo… I am really sorry… but how can I force my heart?... I am really sorry…”

She said when the tears were falling through her cheeks. Biting his own lip with the sadness and the anger, he stared at her with his fire eyes.

“What happened to your heart? If it doesn’t beat for me, then for whom it beats then? Ahhhh????!”

He asked shaking her shoulders toughly with his red angry eyes. Jan Di stared at him frightfully. She could see the anger in his eyes. She should have let this moment happen before this day but the fate has not let her to face a happy ending with everyone yet. She cried there…..cried a lot….While crying she kept staring at him till she couldn’t see him with her blotted eyes. He knew that she was drowned and stuck in this moment and that made him sad a lot. He forsook her arms at once.

“Jan Di, listen to me now. We have already engaged as a couple and this will be in news headline too. Don’t try to break this and insult me in front of a country. Though I just stand in front of you like this, I am a man who recognize in so many countries…And those words you said about beating your heart; I can say surely that those are just flying thoughts in your mind if you feel like anything has changed….. Those are not permanent and those will be faded with the time….. When we get married and live under one roof everything will be fine in you…….. I am not going to trouble you asking further about anything because I don’t care……. Just as we were in the past, in future too, you will come to me with the same feeling…” he said staring at her trying to become calm.

“Then… I think the couple was about to leave. Let’s go and wish them”

He said again while stepping out from her towards the ceremony hall. Though he gave a lecture to Jan Di, Jun Pyo’s mind knew by now that things have changed with her a lot.

‘Because something has happened to my heart; it doesn’t beat just as it beat in the past when I am with you’

Her words were hurting him but it was not that much suffering for him because he has already knew about this thing before. For a moment he felt that he did a mistake and if she doesn’t want him, then he should have let her go from him. And she doesn’t go to anyone else but Ji Hoo whom he has already approved if any case he needs to go away her and then it should be only him. But he couldn’t reverse anything right now because it has been already published with his own directions.

Jan Di leaned towards the wall when her tears were dropping down. She knew that she has done huge mistake in her life making two guys fall for her like this. Now, all three were suffering because of her negligence and even no one could come out form the situation calmly and happily.

To wish her friend, she stepped in towards the hall. The red eyes of her were directly recognized by both Ga Eul and Ei Jung at one glance.

“May you live happily and healthy!” Jan Di wished them with a smile but her face was not that much easy to cover from them.

“Jan Di, are you alright? What are you going to do?” Ga Eul’s sad words make Jan Di hurt a lot but she smiled with them.

“I am alright Ga Eul. Everything will be alright. Don’t think about those things and spend your time with each other happily.” Jan Di said touching her hands with a pretended smile.

“Gum Jan Di! I don’t approve what Jun Pyo did there but I know it’s his nature. Deal with him with sense and be practical” Ei Jung said staring at her seriously.

“Mmmmm… yeah… I will” she murmured with a smile.

When the couple left, Jun Pyo came towards her again.

“Shall we go out then?” he asked with a smile.

“I am going home Jun Pyo. My head is about to blast” she said touching her forehead toughly.

“Then, shall I drop you to home?” He asked again.

“No. Thank you. I will leave by myself” she said and left him there alone. She came out from the ceremony hall and stopped a taxi and got in to it and traveled without turn and seeing him there. It was too early for him to understand that nothing he has won or successes by doing stubborn moves as he wants.

 

…………………………………

 

 “Mom and Dad, please don’t start any celebrations here… I have things to solve and clarify…” Making them surprised Jan Di said just after enter to the home.

“Jan Di-ahh, what’s happening? I thought you were dating with the grandson of the former president” Jan Di’s father asked coming to her way.

“Dad, please. I will explain things later. Please excuse me” Jan Di moved to her room without answering them properly. They looked at their faces with a shock.

She quickly changed in to a jean and a t-shirt while checking the time. It was around six o’clock in the evening. Taking her sweater she quickly stepped from the house.

“I will be back soon”

She took a taxi and asked the driver to go to the direction she told at the earliest possible. She knew she cannot face him after something like this but she cannot avoid meeting him either because there is no one for him to share this painful moment in his life by now.

“Is Ji Hoo sunbea at home?” she asked from the chief maid at home.

“Young master is not at home. He came in the evening and again went” she said politely.

“He went!!! Ok.. I will wait” Jan Di said with a smile. When the time was passing hurriedly, she dialed him again and again but she couldn’t get contacted with him. She felt really strange and upset. When it was around nine o’ clock she dialed Eun Ji at last when she didn’t have anything to do.

“I am waiting more than three hours for him here. He doesn’t answer his phone too. I am afraid whether something bad has happened to him. Do you know where he is?” Jan Di’s broken and crying voice came through the phone.

“He went to hospital. He said he will cancel the day off today and will work there” Eun Ji replied making her bit calm.

“To the hospital?” Jan Di murmured. She never thought that he would occupy himself with something whenever moments like this.

“Mmmm… Gum Jan Di, I don’t know what to tell you…... I know that you didn’t know anything about this engagement. But, I feel really sad and afraid about Ji Hoo. He is broken by now…… I don’t know how he will be going to recover with this….”  Eun Ji’s words came to her heart like arrows. Like she says not only him, she is also broken by now.

“Eun Ji, This is all happen because of my fault. I was not strong to clarify things and it led to happen something terrible like this. I will meet sunbea and at least I need to speak with him…..” She said while standing from the couch.

She stepped out from the house and travelled towards Shinwa University Hospital when she couldn’t wait anymore. Her thoughts were splitting with the excitement and her heart was aching at its best. She didn’t know what she would go and tell him but there was no option for her further more.

She waited in the reception keeping a massage there to meet Doctor Yoon Ji Hoo. The patients and the doctors were running here and there and all of them were busy even it was the night time.

“He is at the ward”

With the direction from the receptionist she walked towards the hospital corridors through the ward where he was working in this night. Without waiting for the elevator, she climbed the stairs even. In some placed she ran and in some places she walked. And at last she could see him in the near of a bed of a patient. She stopped right there and stared at him staying in the far. With the white court and with the stethoscope in the hand he was speaking with the patient. Though there is no big smile in his face, he was speaking calmly and going through the patient record carefully there. When he stood up from the patient to walk away Jan Di ran towards him at once.

“Ji Hoo sunbea!!!” she said running behind him. With her voice he stopped right there and turned back. She was there behind him. With surprised eyes, he stared at her.

“Sunbea!!!” she murmured again coming towards him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked slowly while staring the atmosphere because there were so many people including doctors, nurses and patients there. With the understanding his surprise, Jan Di remained there calmly.

“You go home…. I will meet you later, I am working now” he said in a slow voice and quickly moved towards the elevator. Jan Di ran behind him again.

“Sunbea! Please…”

She caught his hand at once. With her touch he stared at her once more. In the hand where she caught his arm, there was the newly placed ring was shining making his eyes blinding and hurting his feelings again and again. Bearing everything in his heart, he slowly removed her hand from his arm.

“Follow me” he said and stepped towards a corridor where no more people were surrounded. He stopped there and looked at her.

“You go home. It’s already night”

He said again in a low voice. He wanted to spend his time with these sick people. He didn’t have any plan to go home, truly he didn’t have strength to go home and be alone. He was scared to be alone when he feels that he has lost everything in his life.

“Are you alright?” she asked with her curious eyes when he tried to be calm with her, pretending that he was alright.

“Yes, I am alright. Therefore, you go home now”

He said again staring at her. She remained there staring at him sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter