Episode 38

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I asked the daughter and the grandfather to visit us today night. They will be here soon. Her parents have gone abroad these days” Grandfather’s voice made Ji Hoo surprised at once.

“Huh? Today?” he asked suddenly.

“Yes, Why? What’s wrong?” grandfather curiously asked.

“No, nothing.” He said while sitting in the couch. He was bit upset of remembering the phone call he just got from Gum Jan Di and he knew that she is on the way to his house in order to borrow few books from him. But now, these visitors also will be there. He waited for all with confused mind.

“Here they come.” Grandfather stood up from the couch and went in front to greet them. Ji Hoo stood up and waited there staring at the visitors.

Eun Ji was a nice beautiful girl who has a fair complexion and well curved body features. Her eyes were always smiling and very pleasant looking always in her face. Her hair was totally black and it has grown till her shoulder which gives a nice neat look for her as a girl. A beautiful short frock she has worn with high heels and she was smiling to grandfather from far while coming to the house.

Yoon Ji Hoo was staring at her way while they walk towards the home.

“Yoon Ji Hoo, come here.” Grandfather’s smiling voice asked him to come greet them. He came in front and greeted them and let them to come and sit in the couch.

“This is my grandson. Both of them will be going to work together.” Grandfather said happily to Mr. Hyun.

“That’s a good thing. You have a handsome and good looking son, Yoon.” He said back while looking at both Eun Ji and Ji Hoo. Grandfather smiled and nodded his head.

“Have a chat both of you. We have so many things to speak. I think we met after so many years, Right?” Grandfather said and left with his old friend inside of the house. But the purpose of him was letting Ji Hoo to talk with Eun Ji.

When both elders went inside the two strangers were alone in the living room. Ji Hoo looked at her and smiled slightly.

“You know my name, right?” she asked smiley starting a conversation.

“Yeah. I know.” He answered shortly. He didn’t have things to talk with strangers and he is lack words for an ongoing conversation.

“I am studying business management at the moment and this job is a very good opportunity for me.” She said again.

“Mmmm…. You can learn a lot.” He said smiley.

Eun Ji realized that he is bit uncomfortable at the moment. She felt smiley inside.

“The person I expected is different from the person who is here now.” She said smiling in her eyes. He noticed that her eyes were nicely smiled when she was smiling.

“What kind of a person did you expect?” he asked without smiling.

“I thought that the person I am going to meet is really talkative and forward and I will have to answer for so many questions.” She said again with a smile.

Ji Hoo smiled to her. The dazzling smile of him made her mind happy. She has already noticed from the first day she saw him at the office how handsome he is.

“As what I should call you? Shall I tell you sunbea, sir or your name?” she asked when he was silent.

“You can call me by my name.” Ji Hoo answered. ‘Sir’ is too much for him and he didn’t want to hear the word ‘sunbea’ from any other’s mouth so closely like Jan Di.

“Ok, fine and you also can call me by my name. Call me ‘Eun Ji’’ She whispered.

“Mmmmmm…” he nodded his head.

“Yoon Ji Hoo, I need to tell you something.” She whispered while looking at his face.

“What is it? Go ahead”

“Yoon Ji Hoo, as you also know, there is a purpose of match making of our meeting other than working together. Right?” she asked making him surprised.

“Hmmm…” he murmured seriously.

“But, I am person who likes to get to know the people before going for long lasting relationships. I like to associate you as a friend first and let the time to understand each other. Both of us have our own private life and we know nothing about it. So, I would like to be a friend in our personal life and an assistant in our official life and let the time to make the match between us. What do you say? This is totally my idea.” She clearly explained the way she thinks making him relaxed.

“I agree with you. The life I have spend before I met you and the life you have spend before you met me were totally different and we have used to it and it may be difficult and time consuming to change things. Since this is a match making also, I also accept your idea.” He said happily. His mind was filling with relaxation bit by bit. Though he wanted to meet the new girl, he didn’t know how to react with her or what to talk with her. But the way she spoke was a great comfort and relaxation for him.

She smiled and nodded her head.

“Ji Hoo sunbea…..!!!” A sudden voice was coming from the main door and he suddenly recognized that was her. He quickly stood up from the couch and stepped few steps towards the main door making Eun Ji surprised. Eun Ji was curiously looking at his face which was so much confused at the moment. But Ji Hoo couldn’t step furthermore since Gum Jan Di appeared in front of him.

“Sunbea! Got late a little. Sorry, were you waiting for me?” she asked without knowing about the guest.

“Ahh! Gum Jan Di, I was with a guest.” He said with much f difficulty.

“A guest?” she turned her head and looked at the couch and saw the nice looking girl in there. She surprisingly looked at him and saw that he was deeply looking at her own face continuously.

“Sunbea! Ahh! I am sorry. I didn’t know that you have a guest. I think I better leave.” She said adjusting her words difficulty.

Ji Hoo was staring deeply at Jan Di’s eyes and for few seconds he has forgotten about Eun Ji there who was staring at both of them curiously.

“Jan Di-ahh! It’s alright. Come I will introduce her to you.” He said nervously.

“I am Hyun Eun Ji. I will work with Yoon Ji Hoo at office here in after. My grandfather is a good and old friend of Ji Hoo’s grandfather. So, are you a friend of him?” Eun Ji came towards them and asked with a smile before Ji Hoo introduced her.

Jan Di noticed her beauty at this moment. The hair, the eyes, the body features and the facial expressions were all beautiful. ‘So, this is her.’ She thought suddenly. She tried to cover her anxiety and smiled at her.

“I am sorry, I couldn’t introduce. I am Gum Jan Di and preparing for the medical entrance exam these days. Ji Hoo sunbea is one of my close friends and I work at Harabeoji’s clinic in evenings as well. It is really nice to meet you” she said with a smile. Ji Hoo was keep looking at Jan Di nervously.

“Jan Di, come and sit here.” He whispered.

“No, it is ok sunbea, I need to go and it is getting dark also.” Jan Di tried to escape from them as soonest.

“I will drop you home. Come and sit.” Ji Hoo said again making Eun Ji surprised. Eun Ji was watching them closely but she couldn’t understand what the situation they were facing is.

“Tomorrow I will come, sunbea. You need to treat your guest properly.” She said smiley hurting his thoughts but her heart was dropping bit by bit.

“Where are you trying to escape Jan Di-ahh?” grandfather’s voice came suddenly. He came with his old friend to the living room while Jan Di was trying to leave.

“Ahh! Harabeoji! I will come tomorrow. I didn’t know that you have guests today.” She said.

“No, no. you can’t go now. It is dinner time now. Let’s have the dinner all of us. Jan Di, come and have the dinner.” Grandfather invited to all without caring Jan Di’s words.

“Harabeoji!!!” Jan Di tried to escape again.

“Come and sit all. Eun Ji, come and sit here daughter. Jan Di, you also come here.” He said again shutting .

“She is like a child to me. She is Gum Jan Di.” grandfather introduced to his friend.

Jan Di silently sat on the chair next to grandfather. She was watching how Eun Ji came and sat next to Ji Hoo. For no reason her heart dropped. Ji Hoo tried not to look at Jan Di and tried to concentrate for the meal.

“Both of you should get to know each other properly. My Eun Ji is a really lovable and kind girl, she did her studies very well and she didn’t have much more connections with guys but she is a friendly girl. As far as I know she didn’t have any love affairs with boys and she is very obedient girl. I hope Yoon Ji Hoo is also a same disciplined boy.” Mr. Hyun said happily while having the meals.

Suddenly Ji Hoo had a cough and he was keep coughing after hearing the words. The mixed feelings of him were making him nervous at the moment. Eun Ji quickly moved to his side and pit to his back and gave a glass of water to him.

“Are you alright?” she asked. He nodded his head. Harabeoji was keep looking at Ji Hoo and Jan Di. He knew why Ji Hoo got upset from the words but the stare at Jan Di’s eyes, he couldn’t realized.

Without his concern, Ji Hoo’s eyes caught the eyes of Jan Di. She was staring at both of them and her eyes were full of surprise after seeing how Eun Ji cares about him. She came here to borrow his books and have a chat with him. She had so many things to tell him which were running making confused her at the moment. She has not even dreamt of seeing these people today like this. Jan Di tried to concentrate to her meal. But she couldn’t eat properly. Not like o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter