Episode 87

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the arrival of the fight Jan Di and Yoo Won stepped in to the city of New York with all the other students.  She didn’t feel new or unfamiliar to the city because it was the city which has been visited by her once back. She had lots of memories in New York which led her life in to a different direction.  Dragging her bag with her, she stepped out from the airport. Her memory captured the day when she arrived here at first time and how Goo Jun Pyo hold her in his arms making a surprise to all of them. And at the same time she could remember how she caught Ji Hoo’s eyes at that moment and how he looked down with the hurt. She sighed to the floor.

“Are you alright? Tired?” she could hear Yoo Won’s words next to her. She stared at him and gave him a little smile.

“Have you been here earlier?” he asked again. Jan Di didn’t want to reveal her private matters with another though he is a casual friend to her.

“No, this is my first time” she said a lie to him.

“Is that so? I have been here earlier with one of my friends. Then I will show you the city later” he said to her happily with lots of hopes.

All of them travelled to the conference hall. Finding the area and the seats reserved for separate countries, all of them seated where allocated for Korean medical students.

“It’s good to have balcony seats… don’t you think so?” Yoo Won asked from Jan Di sitting next to her.

“Yes, it is… it is visible everywhere and centered to the stage” she said with a smile.

It has been more than twenty minutes to start the conference. They could see the students from various countries who were all over the world. Jan Di was watching the incoming students to the hall. The difference features of different people around the world caught her eyes lot. She was amazed and pleased at the same time to see the people from other countries. This kind of experience is one of a life time.

“Not only Asians but also the Europeans also have attended” Yoo Won’s words break her thoughts again.

“Yes, it is….” She said with a smile. At once her thoughts drawn to the words which Yoo Won just said…

‘Asians ???Then what about Japanese??’

Her eyes tried to find the Japanese students in the hall. There were more than one thousand five hundred students in there. She tried to locate the area first where Japanese seated. She could feel how much she was nervous right now. There was only one hope in her mind. It’s that he would attend to this conference with the Japanese crowd. The anxious eyes of Jan Di could find the area where Japanese were seated in the below lobby. She felt her heart was beating at once. One by one of the students, her eyes went through.

The golden colour short hair with the fair tall and thin body with the long sleeves white court, she felt that her heart has stopped right there. Eagerly she stared at the male person who seated in the down lobby in the mid of Japanese. When the heart was trembling like an old engine of a train she kept staring at him. She felt her eyes were filling with his image and her heart was trying to fly with the happiness. Her hands tightened on the arm of the front sheet and she quickly stood up in her foot.

“Gum Jan Di, what’s wrong?”

She could hear Yoo Won’s words like in a dream but she didn’t have any idea of replying him. She kept her bag on the chair and ran towards the internal staircase towards the down lobby making even Yoo Won surprised.

She quickly climbed down the staircase. She knew this is the last chance she could get to meet him. In the mid of the crowd who were walking here and there, it was really difficult for her to walk towards him. When it was few meters far off for her, her eyes caught the girl who has sat next to Yoon Ji Hoo. Jan Di stopped right there where she was. A fair and gorgeous Japanese girl was there next to him who was smiling with him closely moved toward his side.

‘Is she Takashi??Is this the girl who answered his phone that day?’

Jan Di quickly remembered the girl who spoke that day with her. Her heart wanted to go to him breaking the other steps but her legs didn’t initiate for that obeying her mind. She could see his dazzling smile which was exchanging with the girl next to him.

“Jan Di!! What are you doing here?”

With the touch of Yoo Won in her shoulder she came to the real world again. She turned back and stared at her friend. She could see the curiosity of the eyes of Yoo Won.

“Let’s go to our seats. It’s time to start the conference”

He said placing his arm around her shoulder. Obeying him she stepped back from the place. Bending down her head she climbed the staircase with Yoo Won. Her mind was complicated a lot and she didn’t know what she should do next. At once her leg got tangled and she fallen down in the staircase.

“Gum Jan Di!!”

Yoo Won’s words spread bit in high volume. The eyes of every one moved towards the staircase.  Jan Di felt really shame with what happened and her white coat has dusted a bit. She felt that her knee is paining and she raised her short frock a little and noticed that it has been wounded.

“Are you alright?” Yoo Won asked rising her up from the stairs. With the shame in the mid of everyone and with the pain in knee, she climbed the staircase slowly towards their seats.

“I will go to wash room and come back” she said to him removing his hands over her.

“I will come with you” Yoo Won said stopping right there with her.

“No, please… take the notes for me too. I will be back soon” she left him there towards the washroom. Yoo Won headed back to their seats. He has already noticed everything happened right there with her.

When all of the lights of the hall got dimmed Jan Di went towards the wash room to clean her wound and her coat. She could hear the beginning of the conference. While walking there with much of difficulty, she removed her coat and folded it in her arms. Her knee was paining a bit with wound and her heart was too aching without being able to meet him there. She opened the door of the washroom and held her coat in the rack. She bent herself towards her knee and raised her frock bit high and noticed that it was bleeding in her knee. Holding the frock in one hand she tried to take her handkerchief from her own side pocket in the frock. She could hear the opening of the door of the washroom at once and her eyes rose towards there. Making her surprised and shocked, he was there stepping towards her. With widened eyes she straightened her body standing still forsaking the frock from her hand.

“Sun..bea…. !!!” she murmured when he came towards her.

The eyes of him were directly on her sight and she noticed a handkerchief in his hand.

“It’s bleeding. Take this and wipe it” he said to her.

After more than one year she could hear his voice like this. She couldn’t believe the moment she was passing right now. Everything she wanted to tell him when she meets him one day has gone dumb with this unexpected moment. Without being captured the circumstance she spread her hand and took his handkerchief from his hand just staring at his empty eyes. She couldn’t find any single emotion there.

Even in front of him she raised her frock a bit and wiped her knee which was bleeding. Wetting the handkerchief again she kept it there a few seconds and then she tied it around her knee.

“Can you walk? Do you want me to help you?” he asked then. It was the same voice she knew.

“It’s alright, I can walk”

She said taking her coat and wiping the dust in there. Yoon Ji Hoo kept stared at her when she was washing her coat. His eyes were trying to capture her image after a long time. Slowly he stepped out from the washroom and waited outside for her leaning in to the wall like old days.

Jan Di came out from the washroom and noticed that he was waiting there. Her heart was filling with lots of mixed feelings without stopping. She stared at him moving towards him.

“Sunbea!!!” she murmured looking at him. She wanted to speak with him badly.

“Let’s go in. the conference has already started”

He said placing his hands in to his pockets. Bending her head down, Jan Di slowly stepped out from him towards the conference hall. For unknown reason her heart was feeling upset and worried at once. Walking behind her, Ji Hoo stepped slowly just staring at her back image. The folded hair in the top of her head and the short frock gave a new look of her to his eyes. In the mid of dim lights, she walked much difficulty because of her leg.

“I was looking for you. Where were you?” The Japanese girl was coming towards them calling for him. Jan Di stopped right there and stared at him in the dim of light. His eyes were with that girl.

“Who is she?” she asked from him looking at Jan Di at once.

“She is someone I know” he said wounding Jan Di’s heart a lot. ‘Someone I know? Is this his answer?’

“Ohh! Is that so?” she asked catching Ji Hoo’s arm in front of her.

“I can go to my seat, you go ahead” Jan Di said trying to escape from them. Finding her seat she walked towards the corridor when both Ji Hoo and Takashi were climbing down the stairs.

“Jan Di, are you alright?” Yoo Won asked when she sat there.

“Mmmmm…. I am fine” she said shortly.

Her eyes were with them all the time. She didn’t have any concentration over the conference which was going on. His arm which has caught by that girl and the words of Ji Hoo were hurting her heart a lot.

 

…………………………………

 

With the consent of Goo Jun Pyo, the managing director of Shinwa the news of the cancellation of the engagement was published through their news and media publication department to the Mass media. Linking with the scandal which was spreading through medias in the recent past, so many questions and statements were published everywhere. Though he expected this to happen like this, when it happens in real he felt bit depressed and burden in his head.

“Are you alright? I hope you would expect this to happen, therefore do not take it to your heart much more” he looked at Je Kyang, finishing his meal in the luxury restaurant.

“Yes, that’s true. I knew this would happen but it is still a burden to my head” he said staring at her.

“Do you want to go somewhere else? To cool down?” she asked.

“Where?”

“Let’s go to the amusement park disguising ourselves” she said trying to make him chill.

“It’s so childish” he smiled to her.

“So what? Childish things give the calm and peace to the hearts, let’s go….come…….come………” she dragged his hand with her. Smiling to her back image he followed her towards the car.

“Let’s do whatever you want there………no limits and no frights anymore… do whatever you want and make yourself peace”

She said while driving with him. Jun Pyo looked at the girl next to her. He felt and realized her effort towards his depressed mood. He bent down his head and smiled to the seat. The hand which was on the steering wheel caught his eyes at once.

“Why don’t you wear any accessories? Normally girls used to wear those, don’t they?” he asked looking at her. Surprising from his words, she stared at him.

“I didn’t think that much further, I just wear something and going out” she said with a smile giving a smile in his lips too.

They bought two fake hair and sunglasses to disguise themselves.

“Ohhh! Look at you” her laugh was so strong enough in order to make him shy. The straight fake hair has given a funny look on him.

“Why what’s wrong? And look at you too, you are like a Bob Maley!!” he said dragging the long hair she has disguised.

“I want to go for the roller coaster”

After disguising they entered to the amusement park to have a fun. Just as he wanted they had few round in roller coaster and it was like dizzy after all but they had the fun. Je Kyang felt so happy after so long and she noticed that all the time he was holding her hand. She felt that more than ever he was so close to her.

“I will bring ice cream. Go and sit there” Jun Pyo went towards the ice cream when Je Kyang went sat on the bench. Passing few minutes longer than usual, taking two ice creams in his hand, he sat next to her on the bench.

“It was so good to have fun like this. How do you feel?” she asked looking at him.

“I feel good too. After so long I had a fun” he said with a smile.

“Goo Jun Pyo! Shall I ask you something?” getting in to a serious mood Je Kyang asked looking at him.

“What is it?”

“If one day your mother will ask you to stop spending time and leave me, then what will you do?”

She asked looking down the floor. With her question Jun Pyo felt that something must be going on with her linking his memory towards the day he saw his mom’s car at her house.

“I have lost one person in my life just because of my negligence over my mom’s movements and I am not going to lose another one again. You are a close friend to me and you are someone whom I can lean on without any fright.” He said looking at her downed face.

The ice cream which was in her hand accidently fell down to the ground when her concentration went towards the words of him.

“Ohh! Aish!! My ice cream!!” she murmured sadly.

“Hmm….Take this. I am enough having it” making her surprised he gave the ice cream which he was having to her hand. With a mixed mind she took it from his hand.

“Here it is for you. It’s a cheap one but I thought it suits for your hand” he gave the small silver colour artificial gem included bracelet to her hand. With a surprised mind she took it while feeling enormously h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter