Episode 43

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Ji Hoo, have you come?” he heard Harabouji’s voice from the door of his room. But he didn’t turn his head and see. Grandfather saw that he was crying there bending towards the floor holding his chest. He knew that today Ji Hoo has gone somewhere with Jan Di. He thought & guessed that something has happened.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, my son. Why is this?” he came closer to him and sat in the small table in front of him. He caught his grandson’s face from his both hands and raised his head towards him. The red deepened teary eyes of him were making his heart aching as well.

“Harabouji!!!” he couldn’t speak to his grandfather. Something like a heavy stone has stuck in his throat. He tried to reduce his weep but he was unsuccessful.

“Whatever happened, you cannot be weakened like this my son. Tell me what happen?” he asked rubbing his hear gently.

“Harabouji, tell me now. What shall I do? What shall I do Harabouji? I was the one who has unknowingly pushed her away from me. I was the one who hasn’t understood her and walked in a wrong path. But… today…..see…..still I am like this. Crying like a girl, even in front of you.” He stopped his words and breathed fast.

“I know I am crying for the moon far from me even knowing that is not possible ever. But why can’t I remake my heart Harabouji? Tell me why can’t I? I am too late now….right?” his crying words were making grandfather’s heart pain full more and more.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, calm down…listen to me son. We have spoken about this matter since long time back, right? Whatever happened, they all have happened in the past and by now everything has changed at present. Crying for what you have lost already will not lead for gaining it back. I know how you feel now my son but please don’t be fallen down this much. You have decided to move your life to a new path, right? You should think about it now. If you have decided to let go Jan Di, then whatever you got to know regarding past, you must stay and live in your decision. That’s how you should be...” Harabouji caught his hand and wiped his tears in his cheeks.

“Do you understand what I am saying?” grandfather asked again.

“Harabouji!!!................. How much I tried to pretend and how much I tried to give up on her my heart is still going towards her………..” He kept in silence a few seconds holding his breath. He bent down his head again and started speaking. It was his goodness to have at least one person to hear his pain ongoing. Grandfather let him to speak and let him to clear his nervous mind.

“Harabouji…………… I…. love her……………… I really…………. love Jan Di. It’s not only in my blood I feel it is in my bones too. I am not ashamed to tell you these things Harabouji... Actually………, every time when I get closer to her I can’t control myself. It was really difficult for me to manage my thoughts in front of her. I know, no one would tell these kinds of things to anyone but it is so much unbearable to keep bearing like this. I don’t know how I control myself in front of her…….even after knowing that she liked me in the past. How can I…… look at her just as a friend here in after?”

The young and uncontrollable heart of a guy was revealing without stopping. Grandfather didn’t get any surprised hearing from his grandson. Instead of that he felt so much sad seeing his helpless look. He caught his shoulders from his old hands.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, raise your head and look at me son. See my eyes now.” Grandfather said in serious eyes. Ji Hoo raised his head and looked at old eyes. Grandfather’s heart melts quickly when seeing his son’s painful deepened eyes and helpless look again.

“Son, I am really pleased to hear your every word. Do not be ashamed ever to speak with me anything my son. In this world I am your guardian…..you know that… Also weeping is not something only belong to ladies. It’s something relate for humans. Do not ever be ashamed about crying if it helps you to release your pain………Now, listen to me son! I know you love her. I know how you feel for her. I know that how much you pretend you don’t, that much you like her. But in this life, there can be things that how much we want, we would not get. Things which are seemed to be so closer to us but actually they are too far from us. This girl is someone like that to you my son. I can understand how difficult you to pass the moments with her when you are in a situation like this. But what can you do about this? Only you have two options. Either you have to make her fall for you or you will have to go away from her and make you to fall for another. The way you already selected was make you to fall for another. That’s why you asked me to meet Eun Ji to you. Son, you have selected that path already. Can you remember that?”

Grandfather’s serious deep matured voice was repairing Ji Hoo’s broken heart little by little. Though it is aching to the death he could manage his thoughts for what grandfather was saying.

“Yes, Harabouji.” He said wiping his own tears.

“Fine. The path you selected was will be hard for you to walk with but if you determine then you will be able to through it. Therefore, do not let yourself to go back to the past again and again. I don’t know what have been happened exactly between Jan Di and You so far but what I am telling is without turning back again, please walk through the path you have chosen.” Grandfather said while looking at Ji Hoo’s pain full eyes.

“I know what you mean Harabouji. What should I do?” he asked helplessly.

“Reduce the times of meeting with Jan Di here in after. Try to avoid her meetings here in after. And most importantly, spend your time with Eun Ji as much as possible. She is a good girl and she matches you perfectly as well. Take your time with Eun Ji mostly and try to share your life with her.” Grandfather explained him clearly.

Ji Hoo listened to him very well. He knew exactly that’s what he should do but the problem was that his heart doesn’t obey to him. Giving up on her the decision he has taken lone time back but still he is unsuccessful.

“I understand Harabouji. Sometimes we will never know the true value of moment until it becomes a memory.” He replied painfully looking down. Grandfather again caught his son’s hands.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, I know things are not easy to do just as we say. Whatever decision you take, I am with you. As a guy, I know how you feel when you can’t hold the girl you like because I also have passed your age. But be strong much more. Life is really unpredictable. We do not know what will happen exactly in the next minute. Also we can’t force anyone to be with us.” Grandfather said trying to make him calm.

Ji Hoo nodded his head. He felt a little comfort in his mind after speaking with grandfather.

“Your clothes are still wet. Go and change quickly.” Grandfather said and stood up from him.

Grandfather’s heart was also paining a lot. He thought to move Eun Ji much more with Ji Hoo here in after. ‘If not, he will be a lunatic one day’ he thought pain fully. He rubbed his hair again lovingly and stepped away from his room.

 

…………………………………

 

Goo Jun Pyo was waiting for a reply from Jan Di for what he has sent regarding the dancing practices. Even when hours were passing he didn’t get any reply from her. He felt depressed a little and dialed her number several times. But every time it said that her phone was not working or switched off. He felt bad inside of him. But he just remembered what Jan Di said about Ji Hoo’s match making girl. He thought to give a call to Ji Hoo. He knew he didn’t contact him purposely though he has contacted other F4 friends and Jan Di. He dialed his number.

 

……………………………………

 

Ji Hoo heard his phone was ringing when he stood up for going for a shower. He checked the phone and it was Jun Pyo. He was really surprised to get a call from him in a day like this. Truly he was not in a mood to answer him but he picked the call and sat again.

“Hello….” he answered his call.

“Ji Hoo, it’s me.” He said.

“I know Goo Jun Pyo. How are you?” Ji Hoo tried to ask in a normal voice.

“I am fine here and so much busy with work. What about you? Your voice is bit strange.” he asked. Ji Hoo tried to change his tone as much as possible.

“It may be you hear my voice after a long time. I am doing well Goo Jun Pyo.” Ji Hoo said shortly. Jun Pyo felt guilty of not being calling his friend so far. But Ji Hoo’s voice made him nervous.

“It’s not like that. I feel strange and broken in your voice? Are you alright?” he asked.

‘How can I be alright Goo Jun Pyo when you got the girl who liked me at the beginning and you knew everything?’ Ji Hoo’s heart screamed inside of him.

“I am bit sick today, I drenched a lit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter