Episode 69

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the whole week Yoon Ji Hoo’s mind contained the text massage received by Jan Di at his house. The way she expressed the news that Goo Jun Pyo would come by next week was not a joke. He could identify the fear and the nervous feelings through her eyes. Just after saying things she wanted to tell so far as a confession and noticing the massage at the same time have made both of them anxious a lot.

When he met her at the college during past week as usual she smiled with him and speaks with him. Her fondness has not reduced even from an inch towards him but he knew that she has kept a burden in her heart because of trying to swim against the waves.

He packed his small bag while thinking a lot about her. Tomorrow there will be a voluntarily medicine program which will be held near the beach.

“Ji Hoo-ahh!” Harabouji’s voice came behind from him and even he has not noticed his arrival to his room.

“Harabouji! Did you take your medicine? Are you alright?” he turned towards him. Both of them sat on the bed next to next.

“Yeah, I am fine. I can remember that you have a program tomorrow.” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s a volunteer medicine program. I thought to join it.” He said

“Mmmmm... that’s better. By thinking now I feel that you have fulfilled your parents’ dreams. Healing the hearts through the music and healing the body with the medicine.” He said with a proud smile. Ji Hoo smiled with him with relax features.

“Son, I wanted to tell and ask something. May I?” he asked.

“You don’t need my permission ever. Go on Harabouji” he said with a light smile in his face.

“Son, in this life, the people who close to our hearts and the people whom we close to their hearts are not always the same. Being in love and liking themselves with the same feeling, it’s hard to happen because the human heart tends to change to where it finds more lovable and passionate. Therefore, as I always told you from the old times admit for what is in your heart and let the other one to know about it. Do whatever you can do to let the other one how you feel for them. And even after you do all the things and they would not get it and not come back to you then that’s the end of the chapter. But without doing or attempting for single thing and just accepting the defeat and make yourself hurt secretly, is not something a person should do.”

He rubbed his head softly while telling the last words. Ji Hoo looked at his old eyes. He felt so questionable and the words touched his heart deeply.

“By any chance, Harabouji! Did you hear what I and Jan Di spoke in here last week?” he asked with surprised eyes.

“Mmmmm… I heard all. How couldn’t I hear when your voice was so loud?” he asked looking at him.

He felt so embarrassed in front of him. He bent down his head for few seconds.

“You do not want to get embarrassed in front of me. Just think what I told you now. And finally remember this also. Love doesn’t just mean saying I love you to someone, love is love even without saying anything. But make sure that she feels it”

He stood up from the bed again rubbing his head and went towards his room. Ji Hoo took his wallet in to his hands and opened it. How much he tried and how much he wanted, the picture which he couldn’t throw just as he thought that he has thrown everything away from his heart was still there. He slowly touched the face of her in the picture and smiled to it.

“You are correct Harabouji, Love doesn’t just mean saying I love you to someone, love is love even without saying anything. Only the way we express it is different from one to one and we need to make sure that it feels for them too” he said staring at her face tenderly.

 

……………………………….

 

Early morning he got dressed and walked towards the main road and waited for the tour bus at the halt. He felt that his phone was ringing.

“Hello…Yoon Ji Hoo, it’s me Goo Jun Pyo” after so long he heard his friend’s voice.

“How are you?” Ji Hoo asked with a smile.

“Fine, I called you to tell something and ask something” he said. Ji Hoo felt that his voice was really pleased and joyful.

“What is it?” he asked

“I am coming today” Jun Pyo’s words came to his ears making him nervous.

“So, I want to know from where I can meet Jan Di, because this will be a surprise to her,. Woo Bin and Ei Jung also will be joined with us.” he said. Ji Hoo explained about the volunteer program at the beach and her presence also will be there.

After hanging up the phone, he felt that something is not correct at the moment. He got in to the tour bus and walked towards the last corner seat. His mind was bit anxious right now but thinking getting along with his friends he felt pleased too. He took his cap and closed his face while closing his eyes laying his head on the back of the seat when the bus was travelling.

“Hey third try, you are late on a day like this too        ? That mess !!! There is not a day that you cause trouble.” While closing his eyes he heard the rude senior’s blaming voice. He slowly raised his cap and noted that the bus has stopped at the spot where Jan Di would be getting in. 

“I am sorry Sunbeanim. Sorry” he heard her voice too. He remained the same without raising his cap from his face. He felt that she has come and sat next to him.

“You seem fine” he asked remaining at the same position. Jan Di felt a familiar voice next to her. Surprisingly she noticed him when he removed the cap from his face.

“Sunbea…!” She said with a big smile.

He looked at her with a same big smile and within few seconds he looked away from the window. His mind was not in one spot right now. The phone call and her presence have made him nervous a lot. There were no more words for him to tell with her.

Jan Di just kept staring at him with her big smile. Even he looked away from the window she kept staring at him. She noticed that he has worn spectaculars. A new smile came to her lips. ‘He is smart looking with those’ she thought looking at him.

They all got down from the bus and set up the tent and all other necessary equipment. The patients were already in the queue. Putting the white coat has let others to realize that they are really going to be doctors one day.

“Hey Gum Jan Di, can’t you even do something as simple as this? What’s this? Do it over again.”

With the ending of his work Ji Hoo stepped out from the tent towards where little children were playing with the sand. He heard that she was getting blamed again from the rude sunbea. He felt sad for her. He knew that she was really trying her best to do everything.

“I am sorry sunbeanim, I am sorry” her apology was something like routing words for her. Always she had to hear those blaming. ‘From that the day I messed up with those girls for assignments I think this sunbeanim has noticed me more. . I am really stupid’ she thought while doing and correcting her mistakes there.

She stepped away from the tent and sighed highly. She felt like fed up at once. Always hearing scolding and no appreciation at all. Her eyes caught at once his image with the children. Noticing him there, a smile came to her lips. She stepped to him and sighed. Noticing her arrival Ji Hoo stood up looking at her exhausted mood.

“You’re here?” he asked placing his hands in to his pockets and coming towards her. He noticed the continuous sighs and fed up expressions on her face.

“Seeing your expressions, it seems you’ve been scolded again.” he said looking at her. She sighed with the displeased expressions.

“Sunbea, you were accepted in the spring and now you are already in the graduating class. But I got after three tries, so when in the world will I finish med school and what lifetime will I become a doctor?” she said looking straight and sighed.

“Everything looks so bleak.” She said again and again sighing. He felt funny inside of him. 

 “You are not worried about failing the exam?” he asked looking at her trying to make her smile without worries.

“Sunbea!” Jan Di quickly looked at him and said childishly. Seeing her expressions a smile came to his lips too.

“Though I have been able to avoid being outcaste here thanks to you sunbea but when you move onto a hospital I don’t know what I will do, the future looks so bleak.” She said in a serious mood. So far her strength was only him and truly she felt scared of not being with him at the college.

The words of her touched his heart a lot. Knowing that she wants to lean on to him like that he felt proud and pleased.

“Should I do it over again then too?”  He asked looking straight. For a second he felt that kept remaining with her till the end.

“That’s fine, it’s actually a scarier joke than failing” she said with a smile.

“It’s not a joke” he said seriously without looking at her. Jan Di could notice the serious expressions on his face. She has already known that he is someone who can do even that kind of thing for her if she asked.

“You need to hurry and become a doctor so you can open up grandpa’s clinic again, sunbea. That’s why you restarted your studies despite how tough it was” she said in a serious mood.

“That’s not the only reason” he said at once making her looked at him surprisingly.

“What?” she asked.

When he was about to answer a small kid came to him calling him.

“Prince doctor, my throat hurts.” She said from his little mouth. He bent down towards her with a smile to look after her passing the answer for a future day. Both of them were talking and smiling together with the child happily but in one side his heart was really heavy thinking that any time Goo Jun Pyo would arrive to take her.

At once spreading the sand and the dust everywhere a helicopter was flying above them calling Jan Di’s name.

“Goo Jun Pyo?” Ji Hoo heard her surprising words.

He just kept staring at the helicopter. She slowly moved towards the sea leaving him there at the same spot. Just looking at the way she was going he felt that his heart was just stuck and stopped. He felt that she is going away from his life again. When he just staring at the way she was going he felt two hands over his shoulders.

“Have you gone dumb? Didn’t you hear we call you from far?” Ei Jung’s voice came behind him.

Seeing the old buddies gave a big smile to his face.

“Have you been well?” he asked from them.

“Let’s go and meet them” Woo Bin said placing his arm around Ji Hoo’s shoulder.

They were walking towards the beach. Ji Hoo’s eyes just caught the hugging view of the couple there. Though he couldn’t hear the words which were being saying by Jun Pyo, he could imagine what he might have said.

‘I missed you, it almost killed me. I am not going to let you go again.’ he sighed while thinking and walking towards them. He remembered the night she came to him confessing her feelings at his house making him weakened and awaken from his dreams.

“Hey look at that, he was going to propose kneeling down there” Ei Jung’s surprised voice gave a shock to others. They went quickly towards them.

“Gum Jan Di, will you marry this Goo Jun Pyo?”

When they got close they could hear his proposed words. Just remaining calm and dumb Ji Hoo let his heart to get empty. He just stared at the reaction of her. With just confused mind she was staring at Jun Pyo without giving an answer.

“Let’s shout at them” Ei Jung said funnily.

“I object to against that request!” Yoon Ji Hoo said with a smile when his heart was getting empty again and again.

“An additional objection here!” Following him Ei Jung also said with a big smile.

“Me too! You guys… you can’t get together that easily without our permissions.” Woo Bin also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter