Episode 25

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jan Di hurt so much from his question. ‘Why do I care?’ Those words were hit her heart in the deep. She move forward towards him and placed her forehead on his warm chest. “I drank because I felt so lonely. I waited because I missed you. I care because….. because…..because…..because I care.” She adjusted the statement where she couldn’t find proper words to complete it.

Yoon Ji Hoo felt that he was breaking inside when he feels her in his chest. He knew that she is drunkard and therefore it is not suitable to take her words in to his heart. But automatically her caring words were making his heart softening again and again.

“Jan Di, what do you want me to do?” Holding the breaking emotions he asked like that from her. He knew he should not have asked that but how much he tried, how much he gave up, he knew she is the girl he loves. Though he doesn’t want to hurt her and make her cry, he decided to step back from her life. But now, it is her, who is trying to hold to him and trying to take his breath out, making him forget his determinations.

“Can you hug me?” He heard her crying words like in a dream. He shockingly stared at her who has buried her face in his chest and holding him tightly. He knew it was not good to respond her actions. He should not be tamed to her thoughts especially since she is drunkard. But…….. But……….

“Gum Jan Di, let’s go home. It is cold here and getting so much dark.” He pretended that he didn’t hear her words and moved her shoulders from his hands making her away from him.

Usually guys are waiting for the moments where the girls let them to be touched. Even sometimes guys are monsters especially when girls are drunkard and be in their arms. But Gum Jan Di was so lucky. The boy who was standing next to her was not her lover. He was not her best friend. But as she says he is her ‘sunbea’. But what she always forgot that her sunbea is also a guy. For her fortunate, Yoon Ji Hoo has not forgotten that though she is the girl he loves, she is another’s treasure. Therefore he tried to escape from the moment.

Jan Di stared at his face surprisingly when he moved her from his touch. He has never done that before. She wanted to release the burden in her heart. She thought that hugging him as she did in the past she could be relaxed. But the reaction of him has changed.

“I just wanted to be relaxed. When you are with me I don’t know why, I feel relax all the time. I was going through failures in my inner thoughts after both Goo Jun Pyo and you left. You were always there for me. Most of the time, I get comforted from your words, from your presence and even from your hug. That’s why I asked it even now. Sometimes my head was going to explode. I didn’t have anyone, after you also went from me.” Jan Di’s drunkard voice has been wrecked but she didn’t cry. Since he has come back she was in happy. But since she felt that he has changed she has broken inside a little.

Yoon Ji Hoo was staring at her when she was continuously speaking her past experiences like that. ‘I didn’t have anyone, after you also went from me.’ The words of her were going through his heart like a knife. Suddenly he felt that he has only thought about himself. He has practiced her, a habit of being with her. Not only that wiping her tears and comforting her by hugging, giving his warmth, seemed to be having become a routine to her life.

Suddenly he took his hands from his pockets and caught her hand. Then dragged her in to his arms and hugged her tightly. ‘Doesn’t this she want right now? I have always given what she need. Giving this time also I hope will not be harmed me.’ He thought when he felt that his pulse was raising little by little.

The night dark and the cool air breeze were covering them with so much of thoughts where she felt that she has found what she has lost past weeks which made her young heart happy and nervous. It was like the puppy found his owner after a long time. She spread her arms around her firefighter’s waist and closed her eyes.

Yoon Ji Hoo felt after so many days that he is living again. He felt that he is breathing again. He was trying to manage his senses going through within him and bit his own under lip to be controlled. He knew that this is not the end and it is just the beginning of a chapter of his life. He let her to stay like that few minutes. He felt sad when he saw the drunkard girl in his arms.

 “Gum Jan Di…” He said her name in a low voice.

Jan Di heard his words like from the far and opened her eyes. She just knew that she was in his chest. She slowly stepped back from him and raised her head towards him.

“Thank you sunbea.” She said staring at his eyes. He sighed.

“Are you alright now?” he asked gently. He felt that his voice also has broken and he tried to adjust it. Since she is drunkard she didn’t notice anything much.

“I think I am fine.” She tried to smile at him without knowing what he was going through.

“Let’s go home.” He opened the car door and let her to get in it. He got in the car and put his safety belts and put her safety belts around her also.

He drove to his home. Grandfather was waiting in the living room for him. He opened the car door from her side and saw that she was sleeping there. He slowly moved her forward a little and carried her both in his arms and closed the car door by his foot. He has carried her like this before; it was at the beach of New Caledonia where she was drowning and rescued by him. After that time he hasn’t carried her in to his both arms. Her breathings and her softness have felt so closely to him.

Jan Di slowly woke up in his arms while he was carrying her to the home. “Sunbea!”  She said shockingly.

“Tightly hold me” he said without caring much her surprise.

With utmost surprise she obeyed his words and put her arms around his neck and making her body weight sharing with him. She stared at his face. He didn’t look back at her but he felt her soft touch so much. He knew that he will be losing again if he looks at her in that moment.

Grandfather was watching them coming towards the home and quickly escaped from their view. He went to his room and watched the way he carried her in to the house. ‘Ji Hoo-ahh, you will understand what I said before you leave, so soon.’ Grandfather murmured to himself and went to his room.

Ji Hoo carried her in to the room where she was used to live in his house. He kept her slowly in the bed and looked at her. His spinning heart was so much weighted to him.

“Sunbea, are you alright?” Even through the drunkard mind she could identify his eyes which were looking at her pain fully. She couldn’t remember properly what they said to each other and what they did with each other. But the feelings of his eyes were telling her a story which she couldn’t understand properly through her situation.

He quickly looked away and dragged the bed sheet and covered her when he noticed that she was staring deeply at him. He didn’t want to fall again and again.

“You sleep now” he said without answering her back.

She was slowly falling for sleep. Ji Hoo dragged a chair and sat next to her bed. Now he clearly noticed the small wound in her lip. ‘That must have been happened at that night where I cut my finger as Harabeoji said’. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter