Episode 46

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jan Di was staring the way he was leaving. The medicine was in her hands. By looking at them her heart was blaming her continuously treating him like this but the stubborn mind of her still try to convince her that she was right.

She slowly moved to the house. She went in to her room and sat on her small table. She felt her heart was becoming burdened and burdened day by day. She touched her heart from her palm and felt that it was thumping bit highly.

The paled face and frozen hands of him were recalling in her mind continuously. All over the above the deep but emotional eyes and the gaze of him were drawing in her mind again and again. Ever since he met her what he has done was raising her up and assisting her to live. Without failing he has done the same for her. But when she recalled now, he didn’t give a ride to her not only today but also the day Eun Ji and her grandfather came to his house. That day also he didn’t come with her.

‘Is sunbea, truly like her?’ her heart was continuously questioning her. ‘But what? If he likes her, then it’s his decision and why do I question myself like this? Seemed to be Eun Ji likes him and she will make him like her as well.’ She thought continuously. Unknowingly her heart was speeding bit by bit and she felt cheerless at the same time.

The moments she was with him were more than the moments she was with Goo Jun Pyo. The memories she had with him was more than the memories she had with Goo Jun Pyo. She has shared his life experiences and spoke much with him more than Goo Jun Pyo. She had hugged him so many times as same as she had hugged Goo Jun Pyo and sometimes more than it. Only thing she has not done with him was kiss him as she kissed Goo Jun Pyo.  And even what he also has not tried to do was kiss her during past three years after the incident happened at New Caledonia. A chill run down her spine making her heart anxious when thinking about it.

She tried to think much more. Though she didn’t know what she is going to reveal through this thinking her heart repeatedly wanted to recall them. But the deep emotion she has for him was difficult her to reveal even today because she has bounded with the promise and the bond with Goo Jun Pyo.

But whatever she thought she knew what she had done today has hurt him. The way he looked at her, the way he spoke with her and the way he left from her were realizing her how much she has hurt him. She felt bad about herself. She took the phone to speak to him but she didn’t have the courage.

‘What am I going to say? Shall I tell him that I told a lie?’ she kept the phone away. She got a different idea. She dialed Harabouji’s number and waited.

“Harabouji, it’s me. Jan Di” she said with a smile.

“Ah!!! Jan Di-ahh, I didn’t see you much these days.” he said.

“Today I came to the clinic but you have left already. But why is your voice bit different today?” She said with a scare.

“I am feeling bit unwell Jan Di. So I left it.” He said with a full of sick voice.

“Harabouji! Why is that? Do you have the chest pain again?” she asked with a scare.

“Mmmm…..” he murmured.

“Did you tell to sunbea? Does he know?” she asked frightfully.

 “Jan Di-ahh, I think I should hang up the phone. I took some medicine now and I think I need a rest. When Ji Hoo comes I will tell him that you called.” He said making her realize that still he has not come home.

“Harabouji! Are you alone at home? Oh God!” she asked again with a scare.

“It’s alright Jan Di-ahh, I have taken my tablets, after a sleep I will be alright.” He said in a low voice.

Jan Di felt that he needs someone else by his side at the moment. She hanged up the phone and dialed to Ji Hoo.

“Hello….sunbea!” she spoke with hurry.

“Yes, Jan Di!” in a defeated voice he answered.

“Where are you?” she asked.

“I am at the office.” He whispered to the phone.

“Harabouji is not feeling well.” She said hurriedly.

“Mmmmm…..” He just murmured without answering much.

“So, do you know? If you know what are you doing at the office without going home?” She asked in an angry voice. She couldn’t believe why he behaves like this.

“Jan Di, wait a second. Be on line.” He said at once making her surprise and anger at the same time.

“Thank you Eun Ji. Is this all?” Jan Di heard his voice speaking to Eun Ji. Her eyes were widened at once with the surprise.

“Yes, Ji Hoo. This is all was there.” Her reply also heard to Jan Di from bit far. ‘So he is with her. Even after knowing the condition of Harabouji he is with her. What has gotten in him?’ a sudden stubborn anger was coming to her mind rapidly.

“Hello…Jan Di! Are you there?” he again came to the line and asked.

“Even after knowing that Harabouji is unwell are you spending your time with her? Sunbea I never think you ever behave like this. Isn’t that Harabouji worth for you?” she scolded him angrily.

“Huh???” he shockingly said.

“You always say that you have only Harabouji in your life. But after meeting a girl, have you forgotten him? You are not like this so far. I really feel shameful about you.” The weighted words of her were hitting in to his heart deeply.

“Jan Di, you think mistakenly and your words are bit weighted. And also now I need to hang up and I will call you later. I need to go now.” He said in a defeated manner.

“Sunbea! I don’t want to involve and make suggestions to you but Harabouji is unwell therefore leave her today and go to Harabouji. He is waiting for you. I don’t think Eun Ji cannot understand something like this and I don’t think that you also can leave her at the moment and go to Harabouji.” She was speaking continuously making him feel hurt and hurt again and again. Without hearing anything from him she hanged up the phone and stepped out from the house.

She got a taxi and instructed the driver towards to see Harabouji as soon as possible. Her heart was aching to its best. She couldn’t realize properly for what reason she feel hurt. Is it because Harabouji is unwell and alone at home or is it because Ji Hoo is with Eun Ji even after knowing the condition of Harabouji. Or all above them that he has again visited her today even after meeting me at the evening? She checked the time and it was around eight o’clock. He might be having dinner with her today. They must have gone for a night date after meeting me in the evening. The imaginary thoughts of her covering her mind blindly and making her hurt and hurt on the way to his house.

 

……………………………………

 

Jan Di ran towards the house hurriedly. She went to Harabouji’s room and knocked the door.

“Harabouji! It’s me Jan Di.” She said standing behind the door.

“Come in” his sick voice came through the room. She quickly entered the room and saw that he was lying in the bed.

“Harabouji! Are you alright? Have you taken the medicine?” she asked with lot of scare.

“Jan Di-ahh. Why have you come in this time? I am feeling better now.” He said trying to smile with her.

“I came because you are alone at home and sunbea is also out of the home.” She said in a defeated voice.

“He will come soon. I sent him to the office.” He said making her surprised a lot.

“Huh? You sent him?” she asked shockingly.

“Yeah… some of my tablets were at office and I have forgotten to bring that bottle from there. Today morning I went to office because from afternoon to late evening there will be a program for new comers. So I went to office in the morning and then came to clinic. Only after coming home I remembered that I have left the medicine bottle at the office.” He said explainable way. Jan Di’s eyes were widened and she just realized she has done the biggest fault today.

“Don’t be this much strange and surprise. Ji Hoo will come soon. Actually he didn’t come to the program also. He came home around 7.30pm and again I sent him to the office to bring my medicine. Since today is a happy and complimenting day for him because he has passed the exam, I thought that he may want to stay relax.” Grandfather said happily. Jan Di tried to smile with him but she knew she cannot smile in the heart. She has done something stupid already.

“You sleep now Harabouji. I will wait till he come.” She said adjusting and covering him from the blanket.

She could properly realize what has exactly happened. Like a fool she has shouted him for no reason. Not once, twice she has shouted at him even without thinking that today is a complimentary day for him. He was with her around 7.30pm today. Because of, he has waited three hours there for her he has missed the program also. And it is not he was going a night day with her. It was he has gone to office to bring the medicine of Harabouji and that was the time she has called him and shouted like a stupid without listening to him properly just after hearing Eun Ji’s voice. ‘What I have done?’ she hit her forehead by herself.

She noticed that Harabouji was sleeping. Her little heart was paining a lot after knowing what happened. She felt sad about Harabouji too. In a happy day like this why do all hurtful things happen? She thought silently. At once she heard the room door was opened. She quickly turned back from the bed. For a second the eyes of both of them caught.

Ji Hoo felt so much surprised seeing her like this and so much hurt inside of him at the same time. While he walked in to the room and simultaneously she walked out from the room bowing her head.

Jan Di went outside of the room and moved to the kitchen. She took a glass of water and drank hurriedly. She felt like she couldn’t catch her own breath. That much her heart was thumping heavily. She kept the glass in the table and kept standing catching the arm of the chair turning back to the kitchen door. She felt suddenly that she needs to run away from this moment. But her legs were not strength full. She tightly held the top arm of one of a chair of the dining table and remained thinking what she will tell him.

Ji Hoo just realized that she has got to know the true happenings already from Harabouji. He got realized from the way she left him from the room. Instead of the arrogant and angry behaviors the calm and defeated behaviors of her have made him realized that she has known the truth.

He kept the medicine on the table next to the bed and kept stare at Harabouji in a depressed way. He knew that one day Harabouji will leave him and he will all alone again in this world. The people to whom he loves most have left him mostly and only the hurtful and defeated memories were last with him so far.

He stepped out from the room closing the door.

 

…………………………………

 

“Is Gum Jan Di at home?” Jan Di’s mother and father were really shocked to see Mr. Jang at this hour.

“I am sorry. She has gone to see a sick person. What is the matter?” Jan Di’s father asked.

“First of all, come inside.” Jan Di’s mother said hurriedly. Mr. Jang came inside of the house. With him four other people also came inside. He sat on the couch and looked at Mr. and Mrs. Gum.

“I came here for two reasons. First one is to speak with Gum Jan Di but seem to be she is not at home. Therefore, please tell her to come and meet me at the office. I have an announcement to give her. Then, the second reason I come here is to meet you two. Actually, president has ordered me to check and confirm about the condition of the house and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter