Episode 28

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three of them left the home and stepped towards the car. Gum Jan Di was purposely slowly walking towards the car since she thought of giving the front sheet to Min Sun Hyun. Ji Hoo got in to the driving seat and Sun Hyun was waiting in front of the door till Jan Di comes.

“Jan Di, you get in.” She pointed out her hand to the main door.

“It is ok Unni, you get in. I have a whole seat in the back.”  She replied pretending a smile.

“Fine then.” Sun Hyun got in to the front seat while Jan Di got in to the back seat.

“To where?” Ji Hoo asked.

“Let’s go to town. There is a movie going on there. Let’s watch it.” She said happily.

“But Unni, I have to go to porridge house for working. So, both of you can go and watch” Jan Di said being uncomfortable and saw that Ji Hoo’s inconvenient & angry eyes through the front mirror.

“Jan Di, please. It’s only three hours. Please.” She pleaded.

“By the way, you will be recognized by the people and it will be difficult for you to watch the movie.” Ji Hoo whispered while driving the car.

“I have my own way for that. Don’t worry.” She smiled.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, you didn’t call me often. Why is that? Have you forgotten me?” She asked looking at him.

“I was busy with my work and studies.” He answered shortly.

“Busy? Didn’t have few minutes to call me?” She asked again.

Ji Hoo didn’t answer. Instead of that he watched Jan Di through the front mirror. Her face was bit confused and upset.

“So, when will be the results out?” She asked again.

“It will take two to three months I guess.” He replied shortly.

“Ahh! Jan Di-ahh, you promised me something before I leave. Have you fulfilled it?” She asked again from Jan Di.

“Huh? Promise?” Jan Di asked surprisingly.

“Are you dating Goo Jun Pyo?” Sun Hyun asked at once. Both Jan Di and Ji Hoo unknowingly looked at the front mirror at once and caught eyes of them.

“Ahh! Unni! It is actually like this…..Me and Goo Jun Pyo actually…..” Jan Di started to give an explanation.

“Hey Jan Di, yes or no? simple answer?” She asked again. Sun Hyun remembered how Jan Di cared about Ji Hoo those days and she memorized how they were at home holding their hands few minutes before.

“Yes” Jan Di replied. She didn’t look at the front mirror. Even for her surprise she scared to see his eyes with the reply she has given. Ji Hoo time to time watched her through the mirror and notices she has embarrassed a little. ‘For what reason has she embarrassed? I should be the one who needs to embarrass from her answer though I knew it is the truth.’ He thought while driving.  

“Oh! Is that so? Then the promise you gave me has not been fulfilled.” She said while looking at Jan Di and Ji Hoo.

“Unni, what are you talking about?” She asked.

“Forget it Jan Di. It’s alright.” She smiled to her. Ji Hoo was wondered regarding what they were talking about but he didn’t care and not interested about asking.

“Here we come. Let’s go” Sun Hyun covered her head with her shawl and wore her sunglasses not to be recognized. They got down from the car and moved to the cinema hall.

“Ji Hoo can you buy the tickets and we will buy popcorn?” She asked.

Ji Hoo nodded his head and left while both girls went to buy popcorn.

“Unni, what were you referring in the car?” Jan Di highlighted the matter again.

“Jan Di can you remember, before I leave, near to your school swimming pool, I asked you to care for him and give a smile to his face again? Do you know what I meant? She asked.

“Unni!!!” Jan Di surprised.

“That sounds you know it meaning. But since you told me that you are dating Goo Jun Pyo there is no point of talking about that.” She replied calmly. Jan Di felt so upset from her words.

“Unni, don’t say like that. I know I couldn’t look after him as you expected because I love Goo Jun Pyo. But I do my best to bring back his smile again.” She whispered.

“You cannot do anything.” Sun Hyun replied suddenly.

“Why?” Jan Di surprised and hurt.

“Because you don’t know what makes him smile. Sometimes you may know but you don’t care.” She said directly to her eyes. Jan Di felt she was shattering inside from her words. She didn’t know what to say.

“Let’s go” Ji Hoo came towards them and they stepped in to the cinema hall.

 

………………………………

 

“Beep… Beep… Beep…”

“Hello, Jan Di-ahh, it’s me Je Kyang. Where are you?” Jan Di heard her voice through the phone line while entering to the hall.

“Both of you go inside, I will come after this call.”  She said.

“Je Kyang Unni, I am outside. How are you?” She asked happily.

“I am fine. I want to meet you. At what time when will you be free?” She asked.

“Why? Anything wrong?” Jan Di asked shockingly

“No, no. Have some matter to be discussed with you. I know by now you know about it. It’s about the matter Jun Pyo told you regarding his mom.” She said.

“Unni! How do you know that?” She asked surprisingly

“Jun Pyo told me about it. So tell me when can I meet you?” Je Kyang said calmly.

“Unni I will call you back then when I am free or I will come to meet you when I am free.” Jan Di said.

“Ok dear, then see you soon, bye” She hanged up the phone.

Jan Di was totally surprising about her awareness regarding the matters between Jun Pyo and herself. ‘What is the reason was there to tell everything to Je Kyang Unni?’ She thought confusingly. She sat on the couch in the lobby. Her mind was again getting complicated. The last threat of his Mom, Goo Jun Pyo’s latest news which is totally opposite of that threat and the involvement of Je Kyang Unni have made her complicated more at the moment.

Over the happiness of Jun Pyo, Jan Di couldn’t tell him what happened between her and his mom. Further she was scared to tell those things since she felt he has the trust on his mom at that moment.

Not only that the words of Sun Hyun also were making her heart hurt bit by bit.

‘Because you don’t know what makes him smile. Sometimes you may know but you don’t care’

‘Does it mean she knows what makes him smile? But why did she say that I don’t care.’ She was getting sad and felt a heavy burden has kept on her head.

Jan Di was keep thinking sitting in the couch. She bent her head down to the floor.

Ji Hoo was waiting her to come inside. Both Sun Hyun and him have settled in the seats and wait for her.

“I will go and see” He told to Sun Hyun and came outside to find her where he found that she was sitting on the couch keeping her head bent down. He just felt that something has gone wrong and it is due to the phone call. He slowly came towards her and stood in front of her. “Gum Jan Di!” he called her name with care.

Without raising her head she recognized that he has come to find her. She sighed to the floor and stood up.

“Let’s go inside.”  Without even looking at his face she walked passing him.

“Gum Jan Di!” He suddenly caught her arm and stopped her. Jan Di looked at him. The confused postures of her face have made him confused too. Even though she knew that there is nothing between Ji Hoo and Sun Hyun she just felt that sunbea is no more for her here in after.

“Let’s go inside. Unni must have waiting for us.”  She slowly released her arm from him and said. He didn’t ask anything because he knew that if she wants she will tell him when she is ready to speak.

Jan Di followed him and sat next to him while signaling a smile to Sun Hyun who has sat next to him in the other side.

It was a romantic movie which was playing. The happiness and sadness are mixed all over the story. Sun Hyun was eagerly watching the movie since she has got this commoner’s experience after a long time.

But Jan Di was in a different world. Her mind was running here and there. Goo Jun Pyo, His Mom, Je Kyang, not only that Ji Hoo sunbea and Min Sun Hyun also were acting in her mind different roles at the moment.

So far how much she tried, the loneliness she feels due to the departure of her lover couldn’t control or manage by own. Each and every step she walks with him, even here in after she knew that a danger also would come behind her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter