Episode 21

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Ji Hoo reached his friend’s house by noon. He has visited so many times in his childhood his friend who has met him in a swimming competition; he had participated in his school time. He rode the bike through the roads and found his house. He stopped the bike, stepped in it, knocked the door and waited someone to come out.

“I am here to meet Won Bi Nah, is he at home?” He asked from the lady came out from the house.

“I am sorry; there is no one here in that name. I think you have got wrong information.” She said surprisingly looking at him.

“Ohh!!! Really. How long have you been here?” He asked again.

“We live here for past 7 years. I think you are referring the small boy lived here before we come. But I am sorry to say that we don’t know anything about them at the moment.” She replied.

“Oh!! Ok, thank you so much.” Ji Hoo whispered and turned back.

He sat on the bike and thought of doing next. He didn’t want to go back home soon and he thoroughly wanted to remake his mind taking this time thinking that he will be successful through this way. He rode to a hotel and took a room.

‘In one side, this is also good; I can study alone here and walk alone and live alone for time being. Living lonely will teach me again that my life doesn’t deserve the love and the warmth of the people from whom I care. I lived like this before I met Gum Jan Di. Though that life was boring I was not this much confused and heart broken when I was alone. As I have promised me I should not be greedy for anything in this life and should take everything as temporary things here in after.’ He sat on the bed and thought deeper.

He wanted to start the life through a new path and forget the feelings and thoughts of making him weak. He wanted to change his heart and make him again as emotionless person. The young heart of him didn’t know that he will never be able to change a heart where it goes.

Ji Hoo remembered his phone was switched off. He switched on the phone and checked the massages where two new massages have been received.

“Ji Hoo! I will be there after two weeks. Hope to see you at the airport. I will send the time. I didn’t receive any reply for my last massages. Hope you got them.” He remembered that he didn’t reply for her as she said. He has given up for her long time back, his first love, Min Su Huyn. He tried to figure the feelings he has for her. But only he felt that she is a memory for him at the moment and he doesn’t want her in his life anymore. He is dealing with enough issues at present and he knew that he doesn’t want to think about her memories anymore. ‘Noted’. He replied to her at last.

He checked the next massage and he surprised.

“Sunbea, where are you? Are you alright? I got your letter. I am worrying about you. I am on my way to meet grandfather now to ask about you. Wherever you are, be safe and come back soon.”

Ji Hoo didn’t expect such a massage from Jan Di. He didn’t think that she would worry about him. It felt so many burdens in his heart. ‘Wherever you are, be safe and come back soon’ those words of her brighten the memories of her.

‘Is she waiting for me? When she left the town I searched everywhere and followed her because I couldn’t stand without her. Even though she rejected me I couldn’t give up on her. Though I knew that I was running after an illusion I was walking besides her holding my heart tightly. But in a deep corner of my heart I was waiting for her to come to me. But this is how it is going to end. I am giving her up and start a new path without her in my life. But can I think that she is waiting for me too. Yeah, it must be she is alone there. Even Jun Pyo also has left and she is alone now. That must be the reason she is waiting for me.’ Ji Hoo thought deeply and realized. But it hurts most.

He remembered her face and her smile. It was nearly one week that he didn’t see her. A sudden feeling came inside of him to see her at the moment. He knew that memorizing her like this would lead him to the sad corner again and again. The unexpected remembrance of the touch of her skin and the warmth of her hug were making him crazy internally raising his emotions little by little. He bent down his head and covered his eyes from his hand. But through the running unstoppable emotions and the breaking pieces of the heart, he determined one thing.

‘Jan Di……, I am a fool that I couldn’t understand properly that you wanted me to act like that we have never kissed with the internal confession of the feelings of both of us. I wished always your presence with me from the day you let me to kiss you in that cold night. I couldn’t stop myself of following you from that day till today thinking that you would come to me again though I knew that you love my friend. I think I am a fool who couldn’t forget that you forget everything happens between us without letting passing minutes and I am the person who remembers everything and getting emotional till present. So, from today onwards I am going to teach my heart that I have not loved you and only I had a crush on you in the past and it is nothing to do with the love and life here in after.’ Yoon Ji Hoo whispered to himself.

He didn’t reply her back and switched off the phone and went for a shower.

 

………………………………

 

Gum Jan Di ran towards the clinic to meet the grandfather. But when she went there, he has already left the place. She blamed herself not to contact him before she comes. She again turned back and decided to go to his home. Jan Di wanted to clarify things anyhow from grandfather. Her heart was continuously saying that something was wrong somewhere else. She was tired after running here but she didn’t want to give up of meeting grandfather and get the facts.

 

……………………………………

 

Grandfather was reading the news paper at home. But his mind was running here and there where he couldn’t concentrate properly to the paper. He continuously remembered how his grandson was crying in his arms last night. As his grandfather he knew that the step which has been taken by Ji Hoo was not the correct one and letting go of someone has to be done mentally not physically. But he didn’t want interfere about the decision which has been taken by Ji Hoo. He let him to experience things in his life.

“Harabeoji….!!!” He saw Jan Di was running towards him. He knew that she has gotten the letter but he didn’t expect her to visit him in this hour.

“Harabeoji…. What happened? Where did Ji Hoo sunbea go?” She knelt down in front of his chair and asked so much impatiently. Grandfather was watching at her face. He couldn’t believe her reactions at this time.

“Why? Didn’t you read the letter?” He asked without a care.

“I read Harabeoji, but he has not mentioned that where did he go and why.” She answered. Her facial expressions were getting so much surprise.

“Ahh!! Really! So he may have thought that you should not know it. That might be the reason, he hasn’t written it. So why do you care?” he asked directly looking at her eyes. He noticed that she felt little embarrassment.

“Ahh!!, Harabeoji… I didn’t think like that way. But I was really worrying about this sudden incident. He didn’t tell me, even he didn’t give a hint to me. I thought that something bad has happened to him. That’s why I came to see you.” She answered with much difficulty.

He carefully watched her. He noticed that Jan Di was actually worrying at the moment. He felt sad about her.

“Jan Di-ahh, he will be back soon. He has the entrance exam for medical college. He has gone to his friend’s house to study.” Grandfather answered with a light smile. He hid the truth but could convince her at some point. Jan Di sighed and looked down to the floor.

“Jan Di-ahh, you may not know. That child was not like this much silence in his childhood. He was a cheerful boy just like others. He was a calm little child but always smiled and cheerful. Because of me he has once lost his smile and fifteen years I have let him down to the hell. I was secretly watching him over the past years. Only I saw was his depressed and silent mood. But in the recent past I saw that he was again smiling. After fifteen years I saw his smile. He looks beautiful when he smiles. Don’t you think like that?” he asked smiley.

“Yeah, you are correct Harabeoji. Sunbea looks beautiful when he smiles and it melts the heart of the people and it gives others a reason to start up.” She replied emotionally remembering his dazzling smile. Grandfather noticed how much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter