Episode 62

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gum Jan Di, stepped here and there in the large living room until Jun Pyo comes back after changing his clothes. There were so many fancy ornaments and wealthy rich equipment placed everywhere. She moved towards the small corridor and saw there was a fish tank. She went and stood in front of it and watched the fish that were swimming all the way. ‘They are all big gold fish’ she thought surprisingly.

Her memory carried her towards the hotel fish tank where she watched it with her sunbea. While looking at the fish tank, she memorized him mostly. She didn’t know whether she was missing him right now, but her heart was filling with a weight remembering him all of a sudden.

She heard few footsteps from the living room and her eyes caught the image of Ha Je Kyang at once where Je Kyang didn’t notice her who was in the corridor.

“Is Jun Pyo at home?” she asked from a maid.

“Yes madam, he is” she replied her politely.

Without stopping Je Kyang went inside towards his room. Jan Di felt so surprised to see her like this. ‘Are they this much closer?’ she thought surprisingly.

“Goo Jun Pyo! May I come in?” Je Kyang’s voice even heard to Jan Di who was in the living room. Jan Di’s heart was telling her to follow her towards his room but she didn’t. She stepped in to the living room and sat in the couch.

Goo Jun Pyo came outside at once hearing Je Kyang’s voice. He felt surprised about seeing her like this.

“Goo Jun Pyo, if you are not busy, shall we go for the dinner tonight?” she asked catching his arm while coming to the living room with him. Jan Di’s eyes caught them at once.

“Ahh! Gum Jan Di, Did you wait there?” Jun Pyo’s anxious voice clearly notified by Jan Di. Je kyang quickly removed her hand from his arm seeing Jan Di there.

“Gum Jan Di! Were you there? I didn’t see you.” She said surprisingly coming to her. For a second Jan Di’s heart stopped seeing them like that but she could remember that she was her savior today morning.

“Unni, thank you so much for helping me at the party” she said trying to clearing all the embarrassments.

“You are welcome Jan Di. It’s great that I had time to write it” Je Kyang said with a smile.

“I am really sorry. My phone is not with me right now. So that’s why I couldn’t cal you and thank” Jan Di could remember that her phone was with Ji Hoo.

“Why? Where is your phone?” Goo Jun Pyo asked coming towards her.

“It’s with Ji Hoo sunbea. I gave it to him to place in his pocket” she answered. Jun Pyo’s expressions changed a bit but he didn’t tell anything.

A small silence among three of them were spreading making them embarrassed.

“Perhaps, you are going out with Jan Di today. Then, I will meet you later” Je Kyang woke up her voice and said with a smile.

“It’s true, but I would like to invite you at the dinner time. We will come to pick you” Jun Pyo said looking at her.

So far, when no one was there to help and encourage him, it was her who always there for him. He was not in a position to ignore her even he is with Jan Di.

“No, Jun Pyo, I think I have some work. Just now I remembered it.” She said a lie with a smile.

Je Kyang felt so proud and pleased in her heart but she knew that she doesn’t match with a couple and however she also will be hurt if something happened overboard with them. She looked at both of them and smiled again. Jun Pyo nodded his head with a dislike and he could realize that she is purposely avoiding the dinner. He remained calm without saying anything.

Jan Di smiled to her but she was really surprising about the closeness of them. It was after long time Jan DI saw both of them and even than the past now they are close with each other.

When Je Kyang left, Goo Jun Pyo dragged Jan Di to his room.

“This is my room. How is it?” he asked when they entered to it.

It was like the total house of Jan Di lived once ago. An enormous room occupied with a king size bed and rich and worthy furniture everywhere. Surprisingly she walked towards them and touched each and everything in it.

“Seemed to be she is much close to you” Jan Di said while touching the carved arm chair.

“Feeling jealous?” Jun Pyo said with a smile and hugged her from her back placing his arms around her waist. Jan Di stood there remaining holding the chair.

“I am not feeling jealous. What I said was what I saw” she said with a simple smile.

Jun Pyo released her and made her sit on the chair. He knelt down in front of the chair and caught her hands.

“Don’t feel bad for her. She helped me lot when no one was here for me. She gave me the strength when I was defeating here. Therefore, don’t feel bad for her Jan Di” Jun Pyo said. Jan Di just stared at his face but her mind was recalling something deeply.

“When you say like that I also have a person whom comes to my mind” she said with a peaceful smile to him.

“Who is it?” Jun Pyo asked curiously.

“It’s Ji Hoo sunbea” she said looking through the window. Jun Pyo noticed the difference and peaceful feelings in her face. He felt something strange inside at once.

“Gum Jan Di!” he said just looking at her seriously.

“Mmmmm” she murmured.

“Haven’t we both of them given the strength and support to ourselves and have we got it only from others?” He asked while looking at her. Jan Di felt embarrass from his question but she felt it’s somewhat true.

“I know, maybe you will feel angry with me if I say this to you. But since you said something about Je Kyang Unni, I feel like telling this to you” she said looking at him in a serious mood. Jun Pyo stared at her deeply.

“In my life from the people I have met he is the best person who is warm and pure in every aspect” she said looking at his face where she noticed that his expressions were changing.

“Why Ji Hoo and not me?” he asked from deep look. His heart was covering a strange scare unknowingly from her words.

“Like Je Kyang Unni supported during last two years to live you in this country, it’s Ji Hoo sunbea supported me to live the same two years live this life. Truly, not only the two years, it’s almost four years I guess from the time we all were in Shinwa. When I think about it sometimes I didn’t know, that what we could do without him so far. Don’t feel bad Jun Pyo, but that is the truth in our both lives” she said with a slight smile.

Jun Pyo calmly listened to her. He felt that Jan Di has a deep feeling for Ji Hoo in her heart. He could remember how he fought and quarreled with them for the same matter in the past but by now, he was not that much childish to think like an immature. Since he was the one who started praising Je Kyang in front of her, he had to admit the words of her and he slightly smiled back to her, but the heart of Jun Pyo was little bit shaking after a long time hearing the words from like this.

 

……………………………………..

 

When it was getting dark in the nature Yoon Ji Hoo came to the hotel where they reside. He checked the time in his Silver watch and it was around nine passed thirty minutes. He has wondered in the streets in the whole late afternoon after leaving his friends at the gun shooting station. All over the evening what he has done was thinking that what he should do at this moment.

The painful feeling he was passing in his heart was too much for him to bear. All the time the view of Jan Di and Jun Pyo which he saw at the hotel hall was drawing in his mind. How much he tried to erase what happened was there, it has become grown and bigger in his memory.

Through the pain he has thought about something. Though he knew he cannot do it ever in his life he has thought something seriously. What he needed was only the self courage to do it.

So far, he has done so many things to give up on her from his heart but day by day what has really happened was only get closing to her. Sometimes he felt that he is really wrong towards Eun Ji also. Though she is an understanding girl, it is not fair to use her as his alternative option. Even in this tour also, the reason why he has not brought her was the same feeling. He didn’t like to involve her for the matters of his life which he cannot solve right now.

Ji Hoo came towards his room but he didn’t want to go inside. He thought that if he goes inside then he will feel so lonely and miserable than this. He really scared to be alone right now. Without stepping towards his room he moved towards Jan Di’s room. He slowly checked the door and it was still locked. He understood that she has not come yet and truly she will not come today. He removed his hands from the lock and stepped towards the hotel lobby. Unknowingly his feet carried him to the same location where he released his pain yesterday.

Ji Hoo sat on the hotel bar and started to have few drinks. Today there was no one with him and only the bottles are there. He kept the phones on the table and kept drinking.

‘What can be they doing right now? Having dinner? Watching a film or something being in their arms? Going out as a night walk? Or, ready for sleeping?’ he couldn’t concentrate for anything but them. The face of Jan Di and her fondness towards him so far was recalling in his memory making him uneasy in his senses.

His eyes caught her phone on the table. With a half drunkard body he took her phone in his hand and went through here and there over the phone. The pictures which have been taken by Goo Jun Pyo kissing Jan Di’s cheek at the central park caught his eyes eagerly. He zoom the pictures and stared at them. There is no new pain for him to feel anymore today only what happening was it is growing like a tree all over his body.

He switched off the phone, kept it on the table and closed his face from his hands for few seconds. The punishment he has received for going after a mirage was receiving him today bit by bit. He took another glass and drank it all. He felt that his senses were confusing after drinking the third glass. He was not an expert for drinking.

He took his phone at once and dialed a number. It was time to take the first step for what he has thought all over the past evening.

“Harabouji…. Can you hear me?” he asked when grandfather picked the line from the other side.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, yes I can hear you” grandfather said calmly. He felt happy hearing his grandson’s voice.

“Harabouji….are you fine? Doing well without me, right?” he asked again in his drinking wrecked voice. Grandfather quickly recognized the difference of his voice.

“I am fine but where are you? Are you alright? Your voice is not good. Are you alright?” Grandfather asked again. Ji Hoo felt really pleased in his heart because at least there is one person in this world who can hear his heart even from his voice.

“Me….? Actually…Harabouji…. I am not alright” his voice broke suddenly when he said the last words.

“Yoon Ji Hoo! What’s wrong? Tell me” grandfather questioned his shockingly.

“Why didn’t you stop me from coming here? Why did you let me to come here Harabouji?” he said like a cry.

“Are you drunkard right now?” He asked surprisingly. He knew that his grandson didn’t have a habit of drinking but his voice and his words are the same as a drunkard person.

“Harabouji, we all have our limits, right? So……….today…my limits have crossed. There is no more I can hold this pain. If I ever knew that I would become someone who is really pathetic like this, I would never speak with Jan Di at our first meeting” Ji Hoo’s painful voice was flowing through the lines which gave a real ache in grandfather as well.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, if you can’t hold it then let it to release from you. You are not a pathetic child. You are a proud intelligent and caring boy in my eyes.  Never say that you are a pathetic guy again” he said sadly.

“Harabouji!!!....... I am coming. I am coming tomorrow home. I will tell you more when I come back” He said at once stepping the first step of his thoughts.

“Yes my son. Without letting you to hurt more and more, come back home. Let’s discuss what we do next, ok…” grandfather said lovingly to him.

Ji Hoo hung the phone and put both phones in to his pockets. He checked the time again and it was close to mid night. He stood up from the chair and left the bar towards his room.

 

………………………….

 

“Hey…isn’t that Yoon Ji Hoo?” Ei Jung’s eyes caught his friend’s back image who was stepping towards the room at the lobby.

“He left us in the evening. Has he also come now?” Woo Bin said surprisingly. Ga Eul with both boys ran towards Ji Hoo.

“Yoon Ji Hoo!” Ei Jung caught his shoulder where Ji Hoo was about to fall down because he couldn’t control his body since he was drunkard.

“Did you drink today also?” Ei Jung asked noticing the strange movements of him. Ji Hoo looked at his friends’ face. He suddenly felt that he is not going to see them again. He quickly moved towards them and hugged them both spreading his arms in their shoulders making all of them surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter