Episode 33

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jan Di, what do you like to do? Fishing? Skating? Walking? Or Sightseeing?” Yoon Ji Hoo asked while leaving the hotel premises with her.

“I like to do all but at first shall we go to the beach? We will go for fishing and skating when both of them will join with us. I think that will be fun then. What do you say?” She said happily.

“As you like.” He said and walked towards the beach.

Golden sun was rising to the top of the sky slowly but hiding bit. Though there were the sun shines the climate was bit cold and they admired the view of blue waves of the sea so much. Both of them removed their shoes and let their feet to feel the coolness and softness of the sand.

“It is really admirable. See! I have no words to explain. Doesn’t it sunbea?” She asked with a truly satisfied smile. He saw how much she is enjoying the moment. He feels happy seeing her happy face.

“Are you that much happy?” He asked.

“Yeah… don’t you feel happy? I love the beach always.” She said while looking at him. He smiled to the sky.

“Mmmmm… me too.” He whispered.

Ji Hoo sat on a long arm chair which was placed in the beach. He took a tube from his pocket and was opening the cover of it.

“What is it?” Jan Di came towards him while asking with curiosity.

“It’s a sun cream.” He said while looking at the girl who sat next to him in his chair.

“Sunbea! Are you also using these creams?” She laughed.

“Why? Can’t I?” He asked surprisingly while staring at her laughing.

“You should not wear much more open clothes when coming to beach. Your skin may burn from sun light.” He said again.

Jan Di stopped laughing and looked at her own clothes. She has worn a short white colour skirt with green colour short blouse. And from the blouse her back top side was much revealing. He noticed that she was looking at her clothes with much of interest. He smiled by looking at her.

“Here! Use this.” He gave the cream to her.

“Don’t you use it?” She asked surprisingly while taking it from his hand.

“Do you think that I bought this because I want to use it?” He asked with wondered eyes.

“You bought it for me?” She asked surprisingly.

“Quickly apply to all uncovered area before go to the water.” He said looking away without answering directly to her question.

Jan Di smiled to the sun cream. She felt so strange inside. ‘He cares about me’ she just felt that thought. She quickly applied the cream in her legs, hands, face and neck as well. But she was struggling to apply it in her back top.

“Do you want me to help?” He asked when he noticed that she was struggling.

“Huh?” Jan Di didn’t know what to say.

“I will guide your hands from backside to the area where you want to rub the cream.” He said when he noticed that she was shockingly staring at him. He didn’t have any intention of touching her as she thought. Further he was scared of doing that too.

“Ahh!!! Ok…” She said and gave the cream to his hand and turned back to him.

Ji Hoo placed few drops of the cream here and there in her back. “Now try to apply from your hands moving them to back.” He said.

Jan Di put her own arms around her back and tried to apply the cream in her back. Ji Hoo caught her hands and tried to match her fingers with the uncovered areas of her back. He laughed while she was struggling.

“Hey! Why are you laughing?” Jan Di asked pretending anger. He laughed again.

But she couldn’t move her hands much. Especially she couldn’t move her left arm which was the injured one.

“A swimmer should have been more flexible in moving arms I believe.” He said smiley when he noticed that she has failed to do it.

“I am not a swimmer anymore; I am just a normal person who has an injury in a hand.” At a moment where he never thought to hear something painful like that, she whispered through a painful voice.

Ji Hoo quickly understood that he has spoken wrong words towards her but he just realized that she is still worrying and regretting regarding her incapability of swimming. He felt so sad about her and regretted so much of telling those words.

“Let me to do this for you.” With the regretful thoughts, without her permission he put away her hands from her back and started applying the sun cream all over the uncovered back area of her. Jan Di felt sudden shiver when she sensed his fingers over her back. But she didn’t resist. She was keep staying there as a statue but she felt that her pulse was rising bit by bit when she felt his cold fingers were running all over her back.

Though Yoon Ji Hoo started it as the result of regret he felt due to the words he spoken, when time passing he sensed at once that he should not have done what he was doing at the moment. Touching her hand, rubbing her head, wiping tears in her cheeks, putting arms around her shoulders have been normal postures for both of them but touching her like this has never been done early which was a sudden anxious moment for him as well. The softness of her skin and the closeness of her body to him were making him uneasy little by little.

He stopped his fingers suddenly when he felt that he should not continue. He kept the sun cream on the chair and walked towards the blue sea while holding his waving emotions. Jan Di was really in a strange world. She didn’t know that why didn’t she stop him or why didn’t she back off. When she felt that he was going away she turned herself and looked at the way he was going. But the waves which were mounting due to his cold fingers were running in her inner nerves stubbornly.

Yoon Ji Hoo went to the sea and let his legs poured through the sea water. Though he tried to concentrate for the beautiful view of the blue sea, his mind was nervous and his emotions were puzzled again. He looked at his palm where he touched her back skin a while ago. Even the lines of his palm have been shown up as a result of his tensed feelings. He put his both hands in to his pocket and stared at the blue water which was no limit just like his emotions in the heart.

He knew already, staying with her alone like this would have been a difficult shock over him for sure. Though a deep corner of his heart wants to be like this and get close to her as much as possible, he could managed his thoughts and emotions while building a bridge around them. What he always scares was that one day the bridge would be breaking and overflowing his controls in front of her. That was the scariest thing ever he could imagine.

Jan Di stood up from the arm chair and walked towards him.

“Sunbea!” She called him when she saw that he has lost somewhere.

“Huh?” He was in his dreamy world when he heard her voice.

“Where have you lost?” She asked. She wanted to speak with him and mitigate her nervous thoughts.

“There” He pointed his finger to the line where the sky and ocean is kissing.

“Why there?” She asked curiously.

“It is where we all of us think that both sky and the ocean are kissing warmly but only both of them know that they will never be able to kiss each other because at least they won’t be able to meet eye to eye to tell them how they feel for each other. Because that’s how their destiny has been written. And we are admiring it passionately.” He said so much emotionally while looking there. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter