Episode 67

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jan Di! I have good news for you” Jun Pyo’s contented voice came through the phone line to her.

“What is it Goo Jun Pyo?” she asked.

“I have been appointed as the Managing Director of Shinwa” he said proudly and gladly. Jan Di felt his happiness even from his tone.

“Congratulations Goo Jun Pyo, you are the best!” she said happily.

“Thank you Jan Di. I am really glad to hear it and from next Monday I am going to get handed over the position” he said again with the joy.

“It deserves for you. You worked hard and that was your dream” she said back with a smile.

“So, what is up with you?” he asked trying to know her latest news.

“Ji Hoo sunbea returned” Without thinking a second she expressed the latest news with full of glad. Jun Pyo quickly realized the happiness of her tone. It was like she was over joy.

“Is that so?” he replied shortly. An unknown strange feeling was coming to his mind bit by bit.

“Yeah…he said he will not return to Japan because Harabouji doesn’t like to leave again” she said trying to explain the situation.

“Jan Di, you seem to be really pleased” he said trying to dig her mind.

“Mmmm.. true… I am happy. At least I have sunbea now” she said gladly.

“Why? You have me, haven’t you? You don’t need anyone else” he said curiously.

“You are there and too busy with your company and I hope you will more busy in future after handing over the new position.”  She said clearing her thoughts but Jun Pyo felt that the way of thinking of her has changed a lot.

“Jan Di, don’t make me jealous and helpless saying those kind of things” he said in a serious tone.

“Jun Pyo, I am not joking, I said seriously. Am I wrong?” she asked. The problems she faced due to his mother so far specially last years alone were counting to her memory one by one.

“Jan Di, I will be back soon. I cannot come just after I get handed over the position but I will try my best to come at least within six months permanently.” He said with a hope. An unknown thought has just come to his mind that he needs to go back after hearing the news of return of Ji Hoo.

“You promised to come back within maximum four years and by now it has almost three and half years have passed.” She answered like that. It was not like a complaining but like a fact.

“I know Jan Di. I will try to keep my promise coming at least another six months. By that time, be ready for the marriage” he said again with a smile to the phone.

“Marriage?” she asked shockingly.

“Yeah…Why? Don’t you remember what we discussed before I left?” he said curiously.

“I am still in my university years, so how can I think about a marriage? And this suddenly how can I think about something like that? Goo Jun Pyo, we are going to meet after so long, so I don’t think that we should be hurry for anything” she tried explain things. Jun Pyo felt a defeated feeling in his heart. After proposing her to get marry like this, the response of her was unbelievable.

“Gum Jan Di, don’t make me confused and complicated like this. Your words make me scared.” he said in a serious voice. Jan Di felt that what she said has hurt him unknowingly.

“Jun Pyo, I am in the university right now. Shall we talk again later?” she wanted to hang up the phone. She felt that speaking about this topic only will create issues between them.

With his dislike, Jan Di hung up the phone. She did not surprise about her thoughts. She knew that something has happened in her heart even secretly to her. She wanted to think about it more and more. The relationship of Jun Pyo and the disconnected relationship with Yoon Ji Hoo were significant matters of her life which she wanted to rethink again and again. Therefore, she didn’t want to give hopes or create issues with anyone till she finds out what she wants exactly.

 

………………………………….

 

“Jan Di, today I am so happy, do you know why?” Ga Eul’s voice was so much thrilled.

“What is so special?” Jan Di asked curiously seeing her friend’s joy full face.

“Ei Jung sunbea will be back after three months” she said crossing her finger and keeping her own hands in her chest with a delightful look

“Really…..? Wow that’s so great. What wonderful news!” Jan Di said happily.

“Yeah… yesterday he called me and said that he has finished everything there and will be back within three months to Korea” shining eyes of Ga Eul was indicating how much she anticipates.

“I am so happy for you Ga Eul, Ei Jung sunbea has not changed and you feel the same person with you who was before.” Jan Di said looking at her.

“Jan Di, you said that Jun Pyo sunbea also will come after six months, right?” she asked remembering some facts from their previous discussion.

“Yeah, he said like that but who knows Ga Eul” Jan Di’s defeated voice didn’t give a good impression to Ga Eul.

“Jan Di you don’t feel like happy” she said sitting next to her.

“It’s not like that Ga Eul. I always feel that things have changed a lot.” She said looking at her friend’s serious face.

“Things have not changed Jan Di, it’s both he and you have changed” Ga Eul said trying to analyze the situation. Jan Di stared at her continuously.

“It’s true Jun Pyo sunbea has changed behaviors than the past. From what you told me and from what I saw in New York also I accept it. He has grown up a lot from his thoughts and I think being in an environment where all the royal people were dealing with him, he must have adjusted to that background. But not only him Jan Di, you also have changed, do you accept it? Sometimes, either it may be the side effects of his behaviors have led you to realize the reality or the close relationship with Ji Hoo sunbea has made you adjusted, but anyhow the thoughts and feelings towards this affair have changed a lot from your side too.” Ga Eul’s bitter true words were haunting in Jan Di’s ears. She knew all were real. In one side she felt happy that there is a friend who can understand her so deeply.

 “I know Ga Eul. I accept what you say. Truly I feel so different about this affair with Jun Pyo. Even if I get married to him, will his mother let us live calmly. She is such an evil woman. And will he be able to live with me stepping down to my level as he did in the very past?” she sighed

“And in other side, there is one more thing. I have lived without Jun Pyo here three and half years by now but the one and half years I spend without Ji Hoo sunbea was killing me and making me empty all the time. When I saw him as return, I felt really that I am living. I don’t want to feel guilty in the way of Jun Pyo but I know I have serious matter in my heart regarding sunbea too.” Jan Di’s helpless but confusing words were making even Ga Eul complicated.

“Jan Di, think twice and get a decision. Don’t let your heart to spoil your life please. The road you are trying to walk will be the best difficult way, I can see it properly…” she said touching her hands.

“I will wait till Goo Jun Pyo comes back Ga Eul. I want to know about true senses of mine. I know he has hopes on me but we will be going to meet after so long. Four years are not a small period. I don’t mean that I will hurt him, what I mean is I need to clear my thoughts before thinking about a marriage. So I thought to let this small time period to investigate myself and see what my life really wants” she said determinedly looking at Ga Eul.

“When you say like this, even I feel sacred Jan Di-ahh” she said frightfully looking at her.

“Ga Eul, I know Ji Hoo sunbea has Eun Ji by his side. He may have spent his time with her while they were in Japan. And he wants to keep a gap between me and him by now. It may be because of Eun Ji or he doesn’t want to spoil his mind because of me. I am not going to trouble him but I want to see him while I am living here. I don’t know whether it is an unfair thought but that’s what my heart want right now. Seeing him like this retuning, I felt like the sun has risen again.” Jan Di’s explanation was so much clear to Ga Eul. She knew her friend is not intending to cheat for anyone but finding her happiness which has hidden somewhere.

“Ok Jan Di, I think I got you. I am with you for anything but be careful with everything you do. You may hurt to you as well others if anything goes wrong.” She said tightening her hand.

 

……………………………………..

 

By the next week Yoon Ji Hoo could attend to the medical college. With his grades and the qualifications so far he could join with the final year class. When the first time he entered to the class the all of the students was really surprised and nervous of seeing him, specially the girls.

“Isn’t he one of the F4?”

“He is the son of the former president………..”

“Wow! He is like a walking statue…………”

“I am dying of speaking with him…..”

So many secret words were being murmured here and there in the class. As usual he was really a proud guy. He never gave any attention for anyone specifically except one person in his life.

“Sunbea….”

At an interval of his class he heard someone’s familiar voice from the class door. A smiling face was there looking at him. He stepped away from his seat to meet her when all the girls of the class were bursting with the jealousy.

“How was it?” Jan Di asked when he came to her.

“What?”

“New class and the new students?” she asked with a smile

“Fine, nothing much specific” he said calmly.

“But I can see that most of them are going to explode seeing me speaking with you like this. You have already become a celebrity there” Jan Di tried to with a sarcastic smile.

“Ohh stop it Jan Di. You know, I am not interested” he said at once. The meaning of ‘You know’ gave a deep impression to him just after he said it. Isn’t that mean that he confirmed that she knows everything about him than anyone else?

Jan Di felt proud in her heart. She smiled to him.

“Sunbea, I need to show you something. After the class will you meet me?” she asked.

“Ok... I will come.” He smiled to her.

When the class was about to start Jan Di went from him towards her class. She was filling with happiness having him in the college with her. Though he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter