Episode 42

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jan Di slowly stepped out of the house. She suddenly heard a massage tone of her phone. She got the phone from her pocket and tried to check. She noticed that there was a massage indication but at once the phone was switched off due to low battery. She again put the phone in to her pocket and stepped towards the garage to find him. It was raining a little at the time. She carefully stepped towards the garage because it was slippery there.

What she saw was Ji Hoo was waiting in the bike outside of the garage letting him to get drenched from the showers. She stopped at where she was, surprisingly looking at him. He was staring empty far in front. Even he has not worn the helmet or jacket and water was flowing through his face to his body. She slowly stepped towards him again with so much sadness. Once she got closer to him, she saw that he was lost somewhere else and his face was really in pain.

“Sunbea……….” She slowly called him moving closer to him in the bike.

Ji Hoo was in his thoughts. He was actually lost somewhere but at the moment his mind has stuck somewhere making him empty. Though he was getting drenched he didn’t want to go back to the garage again even though Jan Di was late to come from Min Sun’s house.  He has let him to get soaked from the showers. Though it is so cold and though his head was paining having a headache he didn’t feel them anymore. The words which Min Sun has said have made him jammed in his mind where he couldn’t think any other thing after that.

“Sunbea…………..!!!” she came much closer to him and touched his hand which was in the bike front tank and called him again. Jan Di felt that he was lost somewhere. Though she didn’t know why he was like this, her heart also felt pain inside much grower.

He awake in his thoughts from her voice and looked at her. His painful eyes were unbelievable her to see. She has never seen him like this. Though she couldn’t properly recognized whether it was the rainy water or it was his tears, she concluded herself that he has cried in the mid of the showers just after seeing his red deepened eyes.

“Sunbea……….!! What happened?” her voice also have been wrecked and painful. He keeps staring at her. He just realized that she also getting drenched from the light showers pouring.

“Get in to the bike” he said in a broken voice. She also knew this is not the place and time to speak things. But before she got in to the bike, she got his handkerchief from her pocket which was washed and ironed perfectly by the maid a little while ago.

“You have dripped wet so much. It is not good to drenched in this cold showers, you will be sick if you stay continue like this.” She said to him. Her voice also has been so much pain full. Seeing him like this has made her heart broken in to pieces.

She took the handkerchief and slowly wiped his hear. The neat looking and well mannered hair of him has drenched from the water.

“Jan Di, it’s ok. It’s not raining much now” He said trying to prevent her from wiping.

“It’s not ok sunbea. You will get sick if I don’t do this.” Without caring his prevention, she dragged him towards her side a bit, held his chin in one hand and wiped his hair in other hand. Her heart was aching a lot while doing this.

Ji Hoo let her to wipe his hair and stayed as a child. But his heart was aching deeply. His eyes caught her face while she was wiping. He knew he couldn’t bear the thoughts which were passing right now in front of her like this. He closed his eyes.

He wants to go as soon as possible and be alone somewhere. He wants to release his pressurized painful thoughts and senses ongoing within him at his earliest possible.

“It’s bit good now.” she said with a smile. His hair was a mess. ‘Even in the messed up hair, sunbea really looks cool and great’ she thought unknowingly.

 “Shall I wipe your face or will you do it?” she asked smiley.

Without answering her back, he took the handkerchief from her and wiped his face a little bit and gave back it to her. She put the handkerchief in her pocket and stared at him. She noted that the rain has stopped by now and the moon was rising slowly in the top of the sky.

Ji Hoo purposely didn’t look at her when he noticed that she was staring at him. He had so many things to ask from her and he had so many things to tell her but nothing he could manage in his mind. All among those pain full thoughts, he remembered how she once bound his finger from the handkerchief even he avoided her at the school bench when his finger was cut by the violin. Like that today wiping his hair has made him so much sensitive over her. Old memories are easily come to his mind now than previous.

“Sunbea……Are you alright?” she asked bending a little towards him.

“Get in. I will drop you home soon.” He said without answering or without looking at her while putting his helmet in to his head. She noticed it very well but she didn’t think badly on him because he was in a totally upset mood at the moment.

“Ok. But at first you wear this jacket. You will feel so cold since you are drenched.” She gave the jacket to him.

“I don’t feel cold Jan Di, I think I am warm enough today.” He stared at her this time and whispered to her eyes. Jan Di couldn’t understand what he was referring.

“Sunbea!!!” she tried to tell something but without letting her to speak, he spoke at once.

“Get in soon Jan Di. It’s getting late much more.” He said again.

Jan Di shut and wore the jacket and got in to the bike. She realized that he wants to go as soon as possible from this place. As usual she put her arms around his waist and got closer to him by leaning in to his back.

More than other times, this time Ji Hoo sensed so strange inside him. He placed his hand on her hands which were in his stomach at once. He felt that the senses of him coming down to his heart one by one which were stuck somewhere else. He sighed sadly.

Jan Di surprisingly felt his cold hands which were on her hands. She didn’t tell or ask anything from him but bear his silence and his reactions mutely at this night.

He then started the bike and rode through the streets towards her home. Through the way to home, his mind was running here and there and he concentrated on riding with much difficulty. It was really cold out there due to rain and Ji Hoo slowly felt the coldness bit by bit while travelling.

Jan Di felt every difficulty he is feeling while the riding. Sometimes she felt scared of riding silently like this. She thought to start a conversation with him.

“Sunbea…. I think I have to come again to the hospital after two weeks, right?” she asked trying to turn his mind in to a new direction.

“Huh?” he asked back. He didn’t get her words exactly.

“I think I have to come again to the hospital after two weeks, right?” she asked again.

“Ahh! Yeah… that’s how doctor said.” He shortly answered. She felt bit happy since he answered. She thought to continue the conversation like this.

“Do you think I can swim again?” she asked moving in to his right shoulder.

“When the treatments are done perfectly, you will be able to swim again.” He said turning his head little bit to her side.

“Life is so strange and full of surprise, doesn’t it? I never thought that I would swim again in my life.” She said with a smile sitting behind him.

“Yes, Jan Di-ahh, life is so strange and full of surprise. Things are happening even without our knowledge.” He replied to her.

She felt his tone has become much clear at this time.

“Sunbea….!!!” She called him again.

“Mmmmm……”

“Ride carefully. Do not think more.” She said tightened her touch in his stomach. The cold air was encouraging her to lean on him much more. He felt her warmness in his back and her tightened hands in his front. He didn’t feel happy or sad but instead of that he has felt empty by now.

“Mmmmmm….” He murmured to her back.

He carefully drove towards her way home and stopped the bike in front of the gate of her new home. A security guard came and opened the gate to go inside. Jan Di got down from the bike and gave the helmet and jacket to him. He got them and stared at her. He felt suddenly what he wanted was to leave the premises of Min Sun but not Jan Di.

‘Because from the very beginning I knew that Jan Di likes you.’

The words of Min Sun were recalling in his mind while staring at her. He tried to dig her eyes to see whether there is something related to that statement in her eyes.

“Don’t you tell me what happened?” she asked when he was staring at her.

“I wish I can tell you.” He said directly to her eyes making her feeling bit bad. His heart was shouting him to ask what he heard from Min Sun about her but his mind was warning him not to react so soon without thinking.

“It’s ok if that is something personal between Unni and you. I am going inside then.” She said with defeated and sad voice and turned from him. Ji Hoo quickly bent to her side from the bike and caught her hand. When she felt the freeze hand of him she stopped there as it was and looked at him.

So far, though it was really difficult, he has done his best to treat and look at her as a friend and the girl friend of his friend. But knowing that long time back she liked him he felt that he can’t see her just as a friend in this night. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter