Episode 40

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am outside of your house.” Ji Hoo’s voice came through the phone while she was putting her shoes hurriedly.

“Sunbea, wait. I am coming now.” She said quickly and ran from the house.

“Sorry, if I have waited you here for long time in this cold.” She said while running towards him smiley.

“No, it’s ok. I just come here and got the call to you.” He replied smiley.

“Put this helmet and get in. we need to go as soon as possible.” He gave the helmet & checked the time. She quickly put the helmet and get in the motor bike holding his shoulder. He started the engine and rode through the roads to the destination where only he knows.

“Sunbea, where are we going?” the question he expected since last night were heard making his lips smile.

“Yesterday you agreed to come and now you have got in to the bike and travelling with me also. So, is this question need to be asked at a time like this?” he asked with a smile while riding the bike with her.

“Huh?” Jan Di felt surprise from his question but she felt later that was true also. She smiled to herself thinking how stupid she is.

“Am I wrong?” he asked back while turning his head bit back for her.

“Yeah, you are correct. But can I know at least now, to where we are going?” she asked again with a stupid smile.

“You will know when we go there.” He answered. She smiled to herself and it was totally trust she has kept on him in her life.

“Jan Di-ahh, we need to go as soon as possible because I think we are late a little by now. So hold strictly because I am going to go bit fast.” He said again turning back his head towards her.

She moved front in the seat and placed her arms around his waist instead of his shoulders. He felt the touch of her body with a little shock at once when she leaned on his back. But when seconds passing he smiled to himself and concentrated on riding only. Jan Di is feeling happy while travelling with him. Her little heart was unconditionally pleased while leaning in to him like this. She closed her eyes and let her to feel the speedy air to her face.

They rode bit far from the town. When town by town passed Jan Di felt that they were travelling so far from their houses.

“Sunbea, we are going bit far I guess. Right?” she asked.

“Yeah… bit far but not so far. Now it is close by.” He replied.

She checked the time and got to know that they have travelled passing more than one and half hours of time from Seoul. He turned the bike in to a large garden with large building and stopped the bike while removing his helmet.

“Get down now. We have come to the place.” he said when she was surprisingly looking at the premises.

“This is a hospital, right?” she asked shockingly while getting down and removing the helmet.

“Mmmmm” he smiled to her.

“Are you feeling sick somewhere?” She asked from him with a scare.

“Not me. It is you.” He said straightly looking at her face.

“Me? Where?” she asked while spreading her left arm for giving the helmet to him.

“Here” he pulled her arm without taking the helmet making her pain.

“Ahhhhhh” she shouted a little.

“See, this is where you are sick. Let’s go. Our appointment time is very close.” He said while entering to the hospital.

“Sunbea!!!!!” She ran behind him with utmost surprise.

He went to the counter receptionist and checked about the doctor and the appointment. Then he led her to sit on a chair where many patients also were waiting. Most of the patients were staring at Ji Hoo and murmured to themselves. This is something annoy Ji Hoo always but e couldn’t help because he knew the good looking of him cannot be hidden in order to prevent the annoy situations.

“Doctor has come, will wait here till our number will be called.” He said making her surprised even more.

“Sunbea! What is all this about?” she asked with the eyes which are full of surprise.

“Don’t you remember? At the Jeju Island I told you that I will make you swim again. That’s what I am going to do.” He answered with a smile.

Jan Di’s facial expressions changed suddenly. Her face has covered with so much of strange feelings which cannot be described. She remembered how he said it in the Jeju Island but she has not given much thought for it. But even passing this sort of time, he has executed what he has promised. Though her friends and her lover felt sad about her, regarding swimming, no one has ever led her and encouraged her again to see another doctor to get treatments and swim again. Even she didn’t have a financial strength for going after doctors and doctors though she always worries about it.

She bent her head down and she couldn’t speak a word to him. Even she couldn’t say ‘thank you’ for bringing her here like this. The person in her life who has protected her like a gem and led her always towards her happiness, now bringing back the important thing she has lost in her life. In one side she felt the happiness, thinking that she would be able to swim again but in other side she felt the helpless feeling in front of Yoon Ji Hoo. So far she has taken so many things from him and again she is going to receive his assistance for what she has lost precious in her life. She felt like crying in front of him and the gratefulness she felt for him couldn’t be explained in words.

Ji Hoo noticed that she has surprised a lot. He didn’t try to say anything to her. He let her to stay calm and silent because he knew when she wants, she will speak with him. He heard that their number was calling.

“Jan Di, let’s go. It’s our number.” He said moving closely to her and when she stares at him he noticed the moisture in her eyes which led him to think that he has done the correct thing.

They went inside of the doctor room and gave the past medical records of Jan Di to him.

A matured & experienced specialist doctor was going through all the records of her.

“How long have you stopped swimming?” he asked from Jan Di

“It’s more than one year of time.” She said.

“It is actually a good rest for your injured arm but now there are treatments to get you healed and make you swim again. It’s called physiotherapy. Through physiotherapy we will treat your injury slowly and will make you to move your arm as usual you did with a strength full shoulder. Let me check your arm first.” Doctor explained everything nicely lifting her hopes one by one.

Doctor asked her to move her arm towards few sides and she shouted a bit when he spread her arm in front and back.

“Do not worry, young woman. We will start rehabilitation program for you with our well trained physiotherapy team. You need to attend for the treatments on time and follow the instructions given by them accurately. Do you understand?” he asked with a smile.

“Yes doctor. I understand.” She said. Though she answered her face was still full of strange feelings and it was pale colour.

Doctor turned his chair to Yoon Ji Hoo.

“What is your name young man?” he asked with a smile.

“I am Yoon Ji Hoo.”

“Well, Yoon Ji Hoo, listen to me carefully. A shoulder is a very important and critical place to take care especially when it is injured. For a swimmer like her, it is the most vital thing. Shoulder injuries occur for swimmers are common and there is nothing strange. But as her partner you also should consider things in a situation like this specifically when the rehabilitation is started. Not only in yours daily routine, but also you need to be more careful when having physical intimacy with her. Do not force the shoulder to different ways and do not let her to turn it speedy to different sides when both of you are together and in your daily routine as well.” Doctor said with a slight smile in his lips.

“Huh???” Ji Hoo’s surprised eyes jumped out and widened.

“As a married couple you must know what I am referring.” Doctor said again with a slight smile.

Ji Hoo quickly realized what he was referring and he must have thought that we are married and that’s why he is referring about physical relationship. He thought surprisingly and suddenly looked at Jan Di’s face. He noticed that Jan Di also was staring at him strangely and that made him realize that she also has understood what doctor has just said. He quickly leaned forward to answer him.

“Doctor, actually we are not…….” He couldn’t complete his sentence.

“We understood properly what you said doctor. We will be careful and take treatments as you said.” Jan Di replied with a strong tone. She then stared at him and saw that he was too staring at her surprisingly.

“Ok, then… take these medicines for two weeks and come for the rehabilitation program after that. See you then.” Doctor said with a smile to her.

Both of them came out from the room and walked towards the main door of the hospital silently. Ji Hoo was really shocked about Jan Di’s answer to the doctor and he felt that he should not have gone inside of the doctor’s room with her. ‘She must have felt ashamed in front of me.’ He thought strangely. The things which doctor said were remembering to his mind which gave a light strange feeling inside of him unknowingly. He didn’t want to imagine anything but he knew that his mind realized what it was. He bent down his head to the floor and lightly smiled placing his hands in to his pockets while walking towards the main entrance.

Jan Di wanted to say ‘thank you’ to him. Not only that, she had so many things to tell him. But she didn’t know from where she should start. She realized from the answer she has given to doctor has made him surprised a lot. She didn’t want to make him humiliated in front of the doctor telling that he is not her husband and just a friend. She didn’t want to make the doctor who is another third party to get realized that though he is a friend, he is doing everything for her because as she thinks, he is the soul mate of her. The gratefulness she felt for him at this hour w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter