Episode 74

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When it was close to the noon Harabouji got conscious little by little but the critical situation has not passed from him. With doctor’s recommendation Ji Hoo and Jan Di who were there by his side so far, has got the instructions to make him comfort and happy when he got consciousness and no more quick shocks.

Ji Hoo moved to him and caught his hand sadly.

“Harabouji… are you feeling good?” he asked tightening his hand in him.

“Mmmm…” he murmured. His old eyes caught the image of Jan Di there.

“Jan Di-ahhhh!!!” he muttered slowly. Jan Di came closer to him trying to smile with him.

“Don’t speak much Harabouji, take rest. We can speak when we go home” she said looking at him.

“No Jan Di-ahh, I know I don’t have much time, so I should do whatever I need to do right now” he said making them pain full a lot.

“Don’t speak like this Harabouji, You will be fine soon” Ji Hoo’s words have broken a lot. He felt really scared. Grandfather tried to smile with him.

“Jan Di-ahh, come this way” he asked her to come closer. When she came to him, he caught her hand before speaking.

“Jan Di-ahh, Will you promise me that you will look after my Ji Hoo when I am not around. Tell me you will be with him and make him smile again” he said in difficult voice looking at her face. When Jan Di felt really ache in her heart Ji Hoo felt really embarrass and helpless.

“Harabouji!!!” he tried to speak.

“You wait Ji Hoo-ahh…, I am speaking with Jan Di now. Tell me Jan Di, will you promise me that you will be with him and you never leave him no matter what?” he asked staring at her.

Jan Di stared at Ji Hoo and noticed the widened shocking eyes of him. His eyes were telling her not to promise but she stared at grandfather confidently. Though she couldn’t resolve the issue among them correctly by now, she knew that because of her movements with Ji Hoo so far, he will not be able to live happily without her and in other side, as doctors instructed to make grandfather happy and calm when he would wake up she knew that what she should say.

“I promise Harabouji, I will be with him and I will take care of him. You don’t need to fear or uncertain about it. He will be mine. I promise.” she said tightening his old hands giving a smile to his lips.

With her shocking words Ji Hoo stayed there like a statue. This is not the time to give a promise like this so easily.

‘He will be mine’ Ji Hoo’s heart ache a lot hearing her words and he remembered Jun Pyo at once.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, come here. Give me your ring chain” making both of them surprised grandfather whispered slowly to him.

“Huh!!!” Ji Hoo shocked. He sensed what is going to happen but he couldn’t hurt him because of his health situation. He removed the ring chain which was in his neck so far from the date when Jan Di rejected him at the fish village and gave it to his old hand.

Making them surprised, grandfather caught Jan Di’s hand and placed it on Ji Hoo’s hand softly. Then he unfolded the ring chain and binds it over their hands letting the ring placed on the top of their hands. With the sudden shock both nervous eyes just met with each other and with a shivering heart both of them stared at grandfather.

“May both of you live longer and stay together forever!!!” he said making them dumb at once.  

“I don’t ask you to put the ring to her now and make your vows because you need to put it on her in front of the God and make your vows there. Do you get me?” He said looking at Ji Hoo and Jan Di.

Jan Di could realize the happiness of grandfather and embarrassment of Ji Hoo as well but she thought to act wisely. Holding in the same position binding the hands in front of him as a vow of being together she raised her voice.

“We will live happily as you want Harabouji.” She whispered.

“That’s what I want my children” he said looking at them. He made them to bow in front of him and kissed their foreheads tenderly letting them to know that this is a half of a marriage.

Ji Hoo tried to smile with grandfather but his heart was thumping heavily with the bind chain over their hands.

“Don’t you exchange your wedding kiss?” Harabouji asked at once from Ji Hoo.

“Huh!!!?” he shocked at once automatically looking at her.

“Harabouji, if you don’t mind, can you let us to do in privately? Please…” She said trying to understand the situation.

“Ha ha haaaa….. Ok then… But I don’t think this would be your first kiss to be shy this much” grandfather smiled with a joy. Both of the young hearts were blushing and it was displaying in their faces clearly. They couldn’t look at their eyes with the embarrassment.

Ji Hoo took the hands away from Harabouji, and slowly untied the chain. Though he tried to hide his eyes from her, at once in a second he caught her nervous eyes while removing the chain from their hands. The emotions in her eyes were really weighted to his heart. He took the chain and placed it in his pocket and noticed that grandfather was sleeping again little by little.

When the doctors came and done the treatments, they got to know that grandfather would sleep for more hours because of the medicine. In one side, Ji Hoo felt a little comfort in his heart because he has waken but due to the critical situation has not been passed completely he was not fully relief. And more than all of these complications, there were a huge wave in his heart when seeing her there now.

“Jan Di, I am going home to change now” he said without looking at her. He tried not to speak with her about what happened here right now.

“I am coming with you, there are few more things we need to bring for Harabouji” she replied to him.

“I will bring them, you go home” he said stepping out from the room. With his words she got really hurt in her thoughts. She closed the door while stepping out from the room and ran towards the corridor and caught his hand at once.

“Sunbea…!!” She murmured.  He stopped at once.

“Don’t do like this. We need to speak. Please…” she said looking at him pain fully. He stared at her sad eyes. She never knew that how much he was in pain at that moment. Just staring at her few seconds he raised his voice.

“Ok…then let’s go home” he said and walked towards the corridor. Following him Jan Di walked with him to the car.

 

……………………………….

 

Without speaking a word he drove towards the home. The thoughts which were running in his mind were so complicated. He knew that they could not have hurt Harabouji but the thing happened there was not good. It was like a half marriage!! How can things progress so smoothly?....? Jun Pyo is waiting for him to let go her and she tried to give her fondness even now through everything towards him.

Jan Di got down from the car and collected the things which need for Harabouji in the bag when Ji Hoo went for a shower. She was like in a dream; she couldn’t believe what has just happened. She sat on the Harabouji’s bed and kept the bag on it. She stared at her hand which was bound with her sunbea a while ago. She didn’t realize whether she needs to be happy or sad for what happened. Instead of solving the promise already given to Jun Pyo, again she has entered in to another promise for Ji Hoo by now. She bent down her head and sighed touching her hand.

Changing in to new clothes Ji Hoo came to the living room and looked for her. When she was not there, he stepped everywhere and lastly looked in grandfather’s room. Standing at the door step he sighed. Slowly he stepped towards her and sat next to her on the bed.

 “Sunbea!” she murmured getting closer to him.

“Mmmm….” He murmured.

“Why didn’t you meet me? When I tried to find you, all the time, you have left from the class. Why didn’t you come to see me? And why didn’t you answer my calls even?” she asked looking at his downed eyes.

“I wanted you to settle your thoughts and come to a decision.” he said staring at her.

“Settle my thoughts and come to a decision?” she asked the same shockingly.

“Mmmm…..” he murmured again.

“What are you talking about?” she asked looking at his serious looking eyes.

“Jan Di, listen to me…The promise you gave to Harabouji!! I know it has a meaning but I am not going to take it as serious because I know you did it thinking his health condition. Therefore, don’t think over and over and as I told you earlier settle your thoughts and………..” he tried to explain.

“Have you settled your thoughts? How can you this much easily settle your thoughts sunbea? Are you alright now? That bond which grandfather created, is nothing to do with you? You don’t need me and you can easily give up on me like this?” she asked in questionable eyes. Without answering her, he looked down. His heart was squeezing with the ongoing sadness without being able to express things to her emotionally.

 “Harabaouji is thinking that we will be together one day and he is in really happiness. Don’t you know it? I know I am wrong. I couldn’t settle things properly so far, but give me some more time sunbea… I will handle things by myself…” Jan Di said turning towards him...

 “Jan Di!” he whispered at once making her surprised.

“If I cannot get recovered harabouji here, then I am going back to Japan or anywhere with him to find the best doctor. Because he is my only family, in a situation like this I cannot tell you to wait for me or come with me. And we have an unsolved issue among us. Therefore, here in after let’s be just as friends and you don’t want to spoil with Jun Pyo because he also will never let you go” he said looking at her widened eyes.

 “Sunbea!!! What are you thinking actually? Is this the final you can do? I waited for you till you return, I will wait again, it doesn’t matter to me…. But be as friends? How can we just be friends when we have already gone far from it… Can you see me just as a friend here in after?”

She asked shockingly when he turned towards her. She noticed his painful eyes after so long.

“What do you want me to do? ahh!!!.... Do you want me to go and tell everything to Jun Pyo? Or do you want me to date with you secretly to him? Or do you want me to run away with you?............?? Jan Di, what do you want me to do?..................?? Do you think that everything will be alright? Going like this, will be fine for everyone? I always lost people whom I love in my life; it may be my destiny… if my fate wants me to see you just as a friend, then what else I could do?” he said looking at her with painful expressions trying to calm himself.

“And apart from that, I need to care about harabouji giving my entire time to him here in after. He collapsed because of me.” He said again helplessly.

She stared at him shockingly. Her lips were trembling without able to express her words to him. When he felt that his heart was melting seeing her like this before him, he quickly looked away and stood up from her.

 “Does this mean that we are breaking up?” she asked just standing there looking at him.

“We didn’t have an affair to break up”

He said the same answer he gave to Jun Pyo while looking at her. She felt that her heart was falling down at once. The tears were counting to her eyes slowly with a huge pain. When he noticed her teary eyes he put his hand in to his pocket and took the letter in to his hand and kept it on her hand. Without passing a second she realized that it was the missing letter so far.

“The letter!!! How is it with you?” she asked questionably holding tears in her eyes.

“Accidently I had it from you” he said shortly without explaining. She felt a relief and at the same time she remembered her words there.

“Did you read my words there?” she asked when the tears were dancing in her eyes.

“Mmmm…” he whispered.

“Even after you read my response, you want to break up with me?”

When a tear was falling down she asked looking at his eyes. He sighed staring at her. ‘What am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter