Episode 72

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Harabouji, how are you these days?” Jan Di sat on the bed of the grandfather. After met up at the library she didn’t have a chance to meet Ji Hoo much at the college throughout the week. Always he has already left when she went to meet him. She felt like avoided by him but she didn’t try to think like misunderstanding. With the intension of seeing him and harabouji as well, she has come here in the Saturday evening.

“I am fine Jan Di-ahh” grandfather sat on the bed with a smile.

“But I don’t see that much fine from you” she said looking at his old pale face.

“I am now old. So what else can you expect other than being sick?” he said looking at her. She felt so sad.

“Don’t tell like that harabouji. Tell me truly, how are you? Don’t tell lies, I am also a trainee doctor” she said with a light smile.

“Ha…haa….haaaa…. Yeah, I think I forgot it.” He said with a laugh.

“Time to time, I feel pains in my chest and with the tablet it becomes alright” he said touching his chest. She felt sad again seeing his sick face.

“Take rest and always try to become relax and happy Harabouji” she said with a light smile.

“Jan Di-ahh, I wanted to ask something from you” he said in a low tone.

“What is it?”

“Is there something going on between you and my Ji Hoo?” he asked looking at her with wishful eyes.

“Huh!!!?” Jan Di felt so shocked from his question.

“It’s alright. Don’t be so surprised. I know everything” he said with smile.

“Harabouji!!!” she murmured with a shy. Her face was getting red with the embarrassment.

“Jan Di-ahh, Ji Hoo always told me every matter in his life after I re-united with him in this house. The decisions he took and the things he is going to do, he always speaks with me. So from the very beginning I know everything.” Jan Di’s eyes got widened with his words. She never thought that harabouji knew anything going on between them.

“He has cried thousands time and he has suffered all the time Jan Di-ahh, from the very beginning when he even couldn’t express himself to you, he always remained alone and suffered. Even before you can imagine, he liked you so much and he did so many things to give up on you but I knew clearly that he couldn’t do it because in his life there is no one except you.” Grandfather said with a bright smile to her. She just remaining listening to him with a surprise and her heart was filling with peace hearing those words.

“If you could remember he travelled to outstation once and stayed more weeks there. He ignored meeting and speaking with you telling you lies that he was busy. Then he accepted of meeting Eun Ji as a blind date for a blind marriage. And finally when it was about to cross his limit, he left to Japan leaving everything here with me. He did all those things to give up on you, but he couldn’t. In Japan, he was like a living corpse there, no live in his life. You can ask from Eun Ji for more details. She helped him to recover as much as possible but that also was up to some extent.”

Grandfather’s words gave a direct hit to Jan Di’s heart. The memories he was recalling were like a drama in her memory. She never thought that she would able to listen for something so touching ever.

“And when we come back here even he wanted to return to Japan again but since I wanted to live my last time of the life in here, he agreed to stay but I knew he was uncomfortable in front of you. But very recently I saw the happiness of his face and he was blushing when speaking about you. Then only I got to know that you have accepted him.”

Grandfather’s smile on the face was really heavy to Jan Di’s heart. The each and every word of him was making her realize deeply that her sunbea was waiting so long for her though he didn’t ask anything from her so far. Without any forcing he still is as the same waiting for her hiding his feelings in to him.

“I know him very well Harabouji. He is a person who can be melted someone even just looking at him.” She murmured shyly.

“Jan Di-ahh, though he doesn’t express himself always, he is someone who has a sensitive heart. He will show you that he is fine but he is not. He loves you to the point where he cannot hurt you ever instead of hurting himself. Therefore, I am grateful to you to accept him as your partner. Now I can die peacefully seeing his happiness like this.” he said rubbing Jan Di’s head tenderly.

“Harabouji!!!” she muttered. There were no words for her to tell to him.

“I think he is going to be late I guess, if not by this time he has to come home” he said looking at her.

She waited few hours for him dialing him several times but no answer from him. Then she stepped out from the house. Her heart was really weighted after speaking with Harabouji. She remembered his words at the library.

‘Jan Di, I have not forced you and I will never force you too. I am not a blind one, not to see the reality. Whatever decision you take I am not going to hate you.’

After knowing the deep truth about Ji Hoo from grandfather Jan Di couldn’t even imagine how he is holding everything and let her to take any decision. By now she believed that the kiss he exchanged with her at New Caledonia was not just a matter of incident but it contains his true senses. She understood perfectly that like in the past, today also he is ready to give up on her just because considering her peace in the heart. And then just as he suffered throughout this period then again he is going to suffer in the entire lifetime of him if he leaves her currently.

‘He loves you to the point where he cannot hurt you ever instead of hurting himself.’

When her heart was weighted from the words of harabouji, she sighed highly. She wanted to be with Ji Hoo but she couldn’t hurt Jun Pyo as well. She wanted to resolve the things peacefully with Jun Pyo but the courage she doesn’t have were much higher than the necessity she had.

 

………………………………….

 

“Jan Di, where were you? Goo Jun Pyo came to see you” when she entered to her house her mother ran towards her.

“Goo Jun Pyo!!!”  She whispered with the surprise.

“He said he came to see you and he waited nearly ten minutes.” Mother said with a surprise.

“But he didn’t call me” Jan Di said surprisingly.

“Is that so? I thought he was waiting knowing that you would come by any minute” mom’s words were really astonished to her. “Did he tell anything?” she asked.

“No, but he asked permission to see your room since he has not seen it after long time. How cute he is…!” mom said with a smile.

“What my room? But why?” she asked again shockingly.

At once she remembered something and ran towards her room. She opened her drawer and searched something. Suddenly she remembered it in her purse. She got her own purse and searched something like a mad. It was not there, ‘the letter’ it has gone…!!!

“Mother, has he taken anything from my room?” She asked shouting at her.

“I don’t know I didn’t follow him there” She answered staying in the living room.

Jan Di again and again searched the letter everywhere in her room but she failed to find it. A sudden dark cloud was covering her heart with an enormous fear. She sat on the bed like a dead body. Her face was getting pale in colour and her eyes were filling with fear. It was hundred percent confirm for her that Jun Pyo has taken the letter. She crossed her own fingers tightly. Now what? Now what will happen? She thought like a mad one. As Ji Hoo said she should have told him everything and get cleared before he found the things. With the fear she laid on the bed. Nonsense thoughts and imaginary scary incidents will come in to her mind.

Not only were the words of Ji Hoo, there was another thing written in the other side of the letter which only known by herself up to now. That’s her reply to the letter. Shaking with the fear and the feeling of the guilty she twisted a lot at this night without being able to think what she should do now.

 

…………………………….

 

When you left me giving this sore pain

Only my eyes knew how much I cried…

Regretting for everything I didn’t do

My heart gets aching day and night…

 

The every moment I hid in your warmth

I didn’t know that I would fall for you…

Not just as a friend but just as a man

Why my heart’s stubborn to recognize you…

 

These senses I am going through this night

Please tell me just a matter of time to pass…

I loved you always but I never let it to feel 

To the point my heart never fall the eyes of yours…

 

I wanted you but always I limit for you

Not in my heart only in my words…

In the moment you left me giving this pain

I only feel it with the shedding of tears for you…

 

Till the day you would come back to me

I will wait for no matter what it is…

No wonder one day you will return for me

Cz’ you are my soul-mate where would you be…

 

When the tears were falling apart from the eyes and the burning anger on his mind, Goo Jun Pyo finished reading the letter and the reply of her as well. The world of him was getting so darkened and messy at the moment. He lay on the bed keeping the letter on his chest. The tears which were shedding through his eyes were making him realized that though he has won in the field of business he has defeated in his life.

‘Not just as a friend but just as a man

Why my heart’s stubborn to recognize you…’

 

‘No wonder one day you will return for me

Cz’ you are my soul-mate where would you be…’

 

‘She is looking at Ji Hoo as a man!! Not just as a friend? And she was waiting for him to return? For what? While she is waiting for me to return, why she was waiting him to return as well?’ Jun Pyo’s thoughts became so aggressive and helpless. He wiped the tears from his hands and fold the letter and putting it in his pockets while standing up. He quickly got in to the car and drove speedy towards the roads.

He suspected that something is going on wrongly against him all the time. Since he got confirmed that Ji Hoo doesn’t have an affair with Eun Ji he felt that he is again as threatened. The words of Yoon Ji Hoo in the letter have given a deep impression to his heart but he didn’t want to understand Ji Hoo’s feeling and only he wanted to have her at any cost.

He knew from the very beginning that Ji Hoo loved Jan Di and it was him who quickly interfered and got her to his love. And even after that, Ji Hoo was braved to kiss her and got her side all the time. Jun Pyo knew exactly that the reason he gave up on her was the friendship and the happiness of her. He has believed that though Ji Hoo had feelings for her, he never tried to moved with her because Jan Di was only care for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter