Chapter 73

Stupid Love

(No One POV)

L.Joe returned to school right after the 2 days holiday. He made a public announcement in the cafeteria that he didn't leave Chunji because he thought Chunji is a curse or something. That action cleared a lot of rumours.

School was good for L.Joe. He received personal training from an instructor with CAP. He finally accepted Sulli as a friend.

What wasn't good was... Chunji's mother insisted on going LA even though L.Joe is back. To their(the six of them) surprise, Chunji's mother had been keeping in contact with L.Joe's mother ever since L.Joe started having syndromes of cancer. When L.Joe started going away, L.Joe's mother told Chunji's mother to help Chunji move on. But that didn't happen. The only two reasons why Chunji's mother wants to go to LA is she wants Chunji to start a new life, since Chunji is filled with accidents the moment he stepped in K-Arts. And, the next month is Chunji's father's death anniversary. Chunji's mother wants to be at LA during that moment.

"I tried asking omma if I can stay here while she goes LA... But I felt bad if I say that. Omma needs me." Chunji told L.Joe while they were eating at the cafeteria.

L.Joe sighed. Is that the end?

"Go then." L.Joe said with a tinge of anger in his tone.

"Are you angry? Please don't be angry..." Chunji shook L.Joe's arm.

"I'm not." L.Joe said grumpily.

"You are!" Chunji pouted.

"Yes I am." L.Joe admitted. Is this how Chunji payback to him for being absent for three months? Chunji is going away for two months?

"Byung-ah... I've got no choice..." Chunji sniffed.

"Hey, don't you dare cry." L.Joe lifted Chunji's chin.

"Then don't be angry okay?" Chunji looked at L.Joe with puppy eyes.

"Alright..." L.Joe sighed.

That's how L.Joe end up being at Chunji's house at Chunji packed up to leave.

"Must you really go?" L.Joe laid down on Chunji's bed, propping himself up on his hand.

"I thought we've talked about this a lot of times, L.Joe." Chunji gave a loud sigh before taking out a few shirts and folding it into his luggage.

"Hyung." Ricky came in the room with Changjo.

"Why are the two of you always leaving?" Changjo sulked.

"Its actually quite true though." L.Joe has to agree. First him, now Chunji. Next, him again?

"Chunji hyung, are you going to stay at the house before?" Ricky asked.

"I guess so." Chunji paused for a moment before carrying on. "I don't think omma sold it away, probably had it on rent."

"If you're going to my house, do see if there's any nice people staying there." Ricky smiled.

"You two stay next to each other last time?" Changjo raised his eyebrow.

"Opposite each other actually." Chunji put in his last sweater and zipped the luggage up.

"Chunji! We're leaving now! Taxi is here!" Chunji's mother shouted from downstairs.

Chunji put his luggage down and turned to ask Changjo, Ricky and L.Joe.

"Are you guys coming to see me off?"

"Of course we are! Niel hyung and CAP hyung are going too." Ricky told Chunji.

"L.Joe?" Chunji asked. L.Joe didn't seem like he's going.

"I'm not." L.Joe spoke without hesitation.

"Wae hyung?" Changjo stared at L.Joe with his mouth wide open.

"I'm not." L.Joe repeated, then he stood up and dragged Chunji's luggage down the staircase.

Chunji looked at Changjo and Ricky, demanding for an answer. But the two dongsaeng just shrugged. Chunji walked down the staircase to L.Joe who is standing at the door with his luggage.

"Chunji, are Changjo, Ricky and L.Joe coming?" Chunji's mother came out of the kitchen with her luggage.

"Changjo and Ricky are. But L.Joe..." Chunji trailed off.

"L.Joe?" Chunji's mother asked but L.Joe shook his head.

Chunji's mother nodded her head and opened the door. She walked down the porch to the taxi.

"Don't take too long, Chunji." Chunji's mother told Chunji.

"Changjo, Ricky, why don't you two go to the taxi first?" Chunji nudged Ricky.

"Arasso." Changjo dragged the blur Ricky out of the house.

Chunji pulled his luggage out, L.Joe followed, closing the door behind him.

"I'm asking you again, nicely. Are you coming, Byung?" Chunji asked, his eyes watery.

"I'm asking you too. Can you not go?" L.Joe asked, his eyes cold as steel.

"You know I can't." Chunji looked away.

"Then my answer is no." L.Joe held Chunji's hand and bent forward to kiss Chunji.

Chunji didn't kiss back but L.Joe ignored it.

"Goodbye, Chunji." L.Joe's heart tore apart.

Chunji didn't answer. He pulled his luggage and strolled towards the taxi. Closing the door, the taxi drove away.

L.Joe felt nothing at all. He was too numb to do anything but walk home.

"Byunghun? Why are you home? I thought you're going to see Chunji off at the airport?" L.Joe's mother stared as L.Joe walked in the house expressionless.

L.Joe's parents came home a few weeks early after their business at Japan. L.Joe sighed at the though of it, if only the house is empty.

"Lee Byunghun, I'm talking to you." L.Joe's mother put her hands on her waist, waiting for L.Joe to reply her.

"I've got no mood to go." L.Joe said bluntly.

"But Chunji is your girlfriend!" L.Joe's mother exclaimed.

L.Joe kept quiet.

"Are you not going because he won't stay?" L.Joe's mother pulled L.Joe to the couch and the two of them started a mother and son conversation.

"I don't need to answer this, omma." L.Joe looked everywhere but at his mother.

L.Joe clenched his fists together. He cant wait for years for Chunji to come back. Not even months. Not even days. He need Chunji right next to him every second every minute. but how is that even possible now.