Chapter 61

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

Monday morning. Chunji slipped in the chair. He looked around for him. His seat was empty. He came in extra early in case he decides to come in early.

One minute passed... Two minutes passed... Ten minutes passed... The first school bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes. Changjo, Niel, Ricky and CAP rushed in the last minute, shocked to see Chunji in his seat.

"Hyung, wanna be a good kid is it?" Changjo's eyes were red, Chunji wondered what happened, but he didn't ask.

Chunji nodded and flipped open his notebook. He starts to draw lines to mark each word the teacher says until L.Joe comes in. Chunji stares at the empty seat, hoping L.Joe will come in but he never did.

Neither did he come in on the second or third or fourth or fifth period. The seat was just.

Empty.

At the cafeteria, Chunji looked around for him. Maybe he slept in late or maybe he decides to just come to school on the second half of the day.

"Hyung! You're hardly eating." Ricky waved his hand infront of Chunji's eyes.

Chunji looked down at his half bitten sandwich.

'What am I doing waiting for L.Joe to come to school? What's wrong with me? Have I fallen for him love at first sight? Ani! It cant be! I don't like him at all. I'm just curious about him. But curious about him what? His life? His lovelife?'

"Aniya!" Chunji shouted. The whole table and a few others turned to look at him.

"Hyung... Are you okay?" Niel looked at the others awkwardly.

"I'm fine." Chunji dunked his orange juice and went to his next classroom immediately. He is so sure of his timetable that he knows every lessons everyday he has the same as L.Joe, Changjo, Niel, Ricky and CAP.

Chunji sat back on his seat, starting to doodle. He drew and drew and drew. His pencil dropped.

"Omo..."

Chunji had sketched a heart with the word 'Chunjoe' inside.

Just then he spot a figure sitting at L.Joe's seat. The person was talking to another person behind him. But that person isn't L.Joe at all.

The person caught Chunji looking at him and whispered to his friend. Chunji flushed and stared at his notebook. He put his hand on the page, was about to rip it off but he stopped. He tore the top but he isn't gonna tear the rest.

-----

Chunji walked home. He refused to take the bus or car ride from CAP. He needs some time alone to think of things. Sort things out. Or to be precise, sort his mind out. Chunji unconsciously the ring on his neck as he walked. His fingers tracing the inscriptions over and over again.

"Chunjoe..." Chunji muttered.

"Its a nickname Niel hyung gave you..."

"He typed your name wrongly. Chunjo instead of Chunji. So we added a 'e' to sound nicer."

Changjo is lying.

"Aniyo hyung. You guys are ex-roommates."

Ricky is lying.

"You don't know each other."

Niel is lying.

"You don't have to know him. He is not important."

CAP is lying.

"We were enemies."

L.Joe is lying.

Why is everyone lying to him? Who's speaking the truth? Chunji sat down on a bench, facing the beach. He didn't know how he arrived here. He just walked with no destination in mind.

Chunji stared out, shaking badly. The waves came in and out. The fresh air cleared Chunji's mind of doubts. Except for one.

"Who is L.Joe?"

Chunji said out loud. His mind drifting away with the waves.