Chapter 20

Stupid Love

hello^^ im sorry for not updating these few days, i was quite busy... I hope you guys forgive me T.T i will try to update more frequently. anyway, ~sparkles and poof~ a long chap for you! thanks for subscribing and commenting :) 

(Ricky POV)

Ricky started working a restaurant-cafe near his house after breaking up with Changjo. He needs something which can help him get his mind off Changjo.

"Changhyun-ya, take orders from table 8." Doojoon, the senior in the cafe, called out to Ricky who is at the cashier.

"Neh, hyung." Ricky took a notepad and walked to the table.

"May I know what would you like to have?" Ricky smiled at the two noonas infront of him.

"Aigoo~ kyeopta!" The two noonas swooned over Ricky's cuteness.

"Thank you." Ricky shyly rubbed his neck. "What would you like to have, noonas?"

"How about... you, Ricky?" The noona with longer hair looked at Ricky's name tag. She brushed her hand against Ricky's.

"Noo-Noona..." Ricky put his hand behind his back.

"Annyeong, noona. May I know what can i do for you?" Doojoon came over and shooed Ricky away.

Ricky went into the kitchen and took off his apron.

"Saeng." LeeJoon, the chef of the cafe came over and pat Ricky on the back. "Noonas pestering you again?"

Ricky looked up and sighed.

"Neh... Im really tired... Why must they keep teasing me of my cuteness? Cant they just be like Changjo? Ignore my cuteness and love the inner me instead." Ricky put his head on the table.

"Changjo? Who is he?" LeeJoon sat down on the seat next to Ricky. Ricky looked up, oh.. he didnt mention to DooJoon and LeeJoon that Changjo is his boyfriend. Was.

"My... My ex.."It was so hard for Ricky to say the e word. He never thought things will end up this way.

"You have an ex?" DooJoon came in the kitchen and put the notepad on the table.

"Neh. Hyung, jebal... Dont ask me about him." Ricky looked away from the gazes of Doojoon and Leejoon. Both Leejoon and Doojoon stared at him. As much as Ricky needs someone to talk to, the two cousins here werent someone he would actually confide in.

"Neh, come out when you're better okay?" Doojoon smiled at Ricky and went outside to serve the customers.

Ricky sighed and wore back his apron. He took the two plate of seafood spaghetti and walked out of the kitchen.

"Here you go, enjoy!" Ricky forced a smile at the noonas. He looked up and found himself looking at a familiar figure.

"Changjo?" Ricky muttered.

The guy across the road looks so much like Changjo, Ricky quickly got outside the restaurant. He looked around, the guy was missing. He was sure he saw Changjo. But where is he?

"Ani... I shouldnt be thinking about him! ANDWAE." Ricky put his hands on his head and shake his head. He pushed aside the thought and walked back in. He took a clean cloth and cleaned up the used table. The door bell rang.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Ricky called out, gaze not leaving the table. He have to focus now. Focus!

At 5, his shift ended. Doojoon and Leejoon's friends Mir and Gikwang came to take over.

"Annyeong, hyung!" Ricky waved goodbye to Doojoon and Leejoon. He slung his bag over his shoulder and walked along the pavement. He decided not to go home yet. Ricky strolled to the park. He sat down infront of the playground. He loves seeing children play, maybe because he hasnt reach his mature stage yet. He wants to play with the children. Ricky got up and walked to the children.

"Annyeong! Do you mind hyung playing with you all?" Ricky asked the boys infront of him. The boys looked at the few girls, the girls were squealing over Ricky's cuteness. 
"Neh." The boy infront of him nodded. They started playing. Ricky is the "eagle" and has the catch the "chicks" which are the children. They were having so much fun. At that moment, Ricky forgotten all his pain and worries.

"Oppa." A girl with pigtails shook his hand. "Can we play hide and seek?"

"Neh. Oppa will find you okay?" Ricky ruffled the girl's hair. The girl nodded. She ran to her friends and they started running off to the same direction.

"Hana... Dul... Set! Im coming!" Ricky shouted. He stepped back from the tree. He looked around. This is weird. The park looked so empty without the children, how could it be possible they can hide so well? Ricky walked around the park. He came to the fountain and stopped there. Have they went home? Just then Ricky heard a girl squeal. He looked over and saw the bunch of children squating behind the fountain. The weird thing is they were holding a colourful balloon each.

Ricky walked over and noticed their backs were pasted with a paper.

"Yah! Who did this to you?" Ricky quickly asked the children to stand up.

"Oppa, a namja asked us to hold these balloons and squat here. It's so hot here." A girl swatted her hand to fan herself.

"Hyung, the namja pasted this." The children stood in one straight line, the paper on their backs stood out. Ricky stepped back and read the words.

"Ricky-ya"

"Mi"

"An"

"Nae"

"I"

"Didnt"

"Mean"

"To"

"Hurt"

"You"

"Will"

"You"

"Forgive"

"Me?"

Ricky couldnt understand. How did this namja know him? The children walked towards him.

"Hyung, the namja said to give you his balloons." They forced the balloons into Ricky's palm. Ricky took it. He tore off the paperfrom the children's back and looked at the children.

"Chingu-ya, who did this to you?" Ricky asked.

"That namja." A boy pointed to the side, where a guy squating down, giving out balloons to other kids.

"Yah, Chingu! How can you do this to little kids?" Ricky walked over to the guy, still holding the balloons given by the children. The guy turned around and smiled.

"Yah.. Yah.. Choi JongHyun? Ch-Changjo?" Ricky stepped back.

"Thank you, chingu! Enjoy the chocolate bar." Changjo waved to the children behind Ricky. The children waved back and ran away.

"Th-They... You... You told them to do this?" Ricky started walking away but Changji held onto his wrist. 

(Changjo POV)

Changjo strolled along the pavement. He missed Ricky alot. Ever since he make out with Minah at the rooftop cafe, he has never had a good night sleep. That day, after seeing Ricky with the guy whose name Changjo cannot remember, they hugged, he fell, Ricky saw, he ran, he stopped and cried.

-Flashback-

"Changjo?" A hand placed on his shoulder.

Changjo looked up, it was Chunji and Niel. Changjo smiled faintly and blinked back his tears.

"Are you okay?" Niel sat down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder. Changjo couldnt reply, he himself isnt sure if he's okay.  There was a moment of silence.

"You deserve this, Maknae." Chunji said, breaking the silence. Changjo looked up at Chunji.

"Isnt Ricky good enough? Why do you still want to hurt him? With a GIRL." Chunji emphasised 'girl'. Niel sighed. Changjo bit his lip. He didnt know why too.

"You should totally explain to Ricky. As much as you're hurting, Ricky is hurting too." Niel pointed out.

"But... He doesnt listen to me. He is with this guy... Sanghoon. I... I dont know who is he and why-"

"Neighbour. Sanghoon is our neighbour." Chunji explained. Changjo opened his mouth to argue but he stopped. If Sanghoon is just a neighbour, why did he hug Ricky? Wait... Ricky's eyes were wet... Crying because of Changjo? Changjo had mistook Ricky, he thought Ricky gave up on him.

"Hyung! Thank you for telling .me this." Changjo hugged both hyungs, squeezing them tightly.

"Yah yah yah, maknae. Dont you hurt Ricky, or we will come after you." Niel wag his finger. Changjo nodded.

-Flashback end-

Changjo walked with no sense of direction. He just walked and thought of everything.

He love Ricky alot. It's just... People in the school couldnt believe he had gone gay for Ricky. He's the dancing prodigy right? He dances well, has a lot of girls after him, he likes it. But that was before Ricky came. He tried to change that habit of liking the attention gave by both girls and guys. It's true he make out with girls and guys before Ricky came. But that was only for pleasure. Only kissing. That's the reason why people couldnt believe he is really into Ricky. He himself couldnt believe it too. Until Ricky came and changed everything.

Changjo decided to visit Ricky at his house. He strolled along the pavement, occasionally looking up to avoid people. He looked to the side and saw a familiar face.

"Ricky?" Changjo froze. Ricky is inside the restaurant, working. He looked on as Ricky walked to a table and served two girls. Ricky looked happy though the smile looked fake. Ricky looked up and caught Changjo's gaze. Changjo quickly looked away and started walking. He ran to an alley and peeped across. Ricky walked out of the restaurant and looked around. Changjo couldnt hear what Ricky said. Ricky put his hands on his head and shook his head. He went back in and resumed his work. Changjo came out from his hiding place and looked across. Should he go in? Changjo took the courage to walk in. Surprisingly, Ricky didnt notice Changjo walking in.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Changjo smiled at the cute voice coming from Ricky.

Changjo took the seat furthest away from the cashier. He sat there looking as Ricky took orders from other customers. The restaurant was rather big so Ricky didnt notice him.

"Annyeong, what can i get for you?" A tall guy with the nametag "Doojoon" pinned on his shirt came over.

"Um... Mango Smoothie will do." Changjo ordered.

"Neh, thank you." The guy walked away. Shortly, the smoothie came. Changjo slurped his smoothie as he watch Ricky walked around serving people. He hid his phone at the side to take pictures of Ricky's cute but serious face. Ricky walked over and Changjo quickly took the menu and covered his face.

"Annyeong, do you need anything?" Ricky asked. Changjo gulped.

"Changhyun!" A guy walked out of the kitchen and called for Ricky. Changjo heard the shoes shuffle and left. Changjo heaved a sigh of relief and resumed watching Ricky work.

At 5, Changjo saw Ricky coming out of the kitchen with his bag. Changjo quickly paid his bill and walked out of the restaurant. He turned to the side to avoid Ricky. Ricky walked past him. Changjo followed Ricky to the park. It seems like Ricky doesnt want to go home. Ricky sat down infront of the playground. Changjo sat a little behind but beside him. Changjo watched as Ricky stood up and went to the children.

The children and Ricky started playing together. Changjo smiled when he saw Ricky laughing and smiling while playing with the children. He miss that innocent sweet smile. A girl walked over to get a drink from her mother beside Changjo.

"Are you having fun, Soyoung ah~" the mother asked.

"Neh, omma. Oppa is really cute." The girl swayed side to side. She walked over to Changjo.

"Oppa, why are you so sad?" The girl sat down next to Changjo. Changjo looked at her. She is about 4-5 years old, surprisingly she could read Changjo's heart.

"I cheated on my girlfriend. He's angry with me now. He is the kyeopta oppa over there." Changjo nodded his head over to Ricky.

"Oppa, say sorry to him. He will love you." The girl was too young to know that he is gay and too young to know 'sorry' alone cant heal everything.

"Chingu-ya~ Do me a favour okay? Tell the oppa there and your friends to play hide and seek. Later find me behind there okay? I will reward you all with chocolate bars after doing me this favour." Changjo smiled and held out his pinkie.

"Promise?" Changjo asked.

"Promise." The girl smiled and skipped to Ricky. Changjo stood up and went to a nearby shop to get hershey chocolate bars for the children. He counted, there were 14 kids. He bought the chocolates and walked to the park. Changjo saw a guy selling balloons to kids.

"Ahjussi, can i buy all the balloons?" Changjo gave the guy the money and held onto the balloon. The kids around him pouted, they want the balloons.

"Oppa, can i have the balloon?" A girl with a notepad came over and tugged on Changjo's shirt. Changjo stopped walking and turned around.

"Neh. Can you give me some paper too?" Changjo asked. The girl nodded and gave Changjo her notepad. Changjo tore off fourteen pieces of paper and gave the girl 4 balloons in return. The girl hugged Changjo and ran off.

Changjo walked to the fountain. The children were waiting there for him.

"Oppa, where is the chocolate?" The girl with pigtail earlier on put out her hand.

"Wait. Let me write first." Changjo tied the balloons to a bench. He always keep a pen in his pocket, in case he needs it. He took out the pen and started scribbling words on the paper.

"Scotchtape... Anyone of you have scotchtape?" Changjo asked the children. One of the boys ran off the get the scotchtape from his bag. He gave the scotchtape to Changjo. Changjo looked out for Ricky before pasting the paper behind the backs of the children.

"Okay, chingu-ya~ hold this balloon. Later if when the oppa comes, give the balloon to him and show him the words behind you. If he ask you who did this, point to me. I will be here. Arasso?" The children nodded. They hid behind the fountain as pointed out to by Changjo. Changjo predicted if he stand there still, children will run to him to get balloons. True enough, some kids run over to him to get balloons.

"Oppa, i want balloon."

"Hyung, balloon."

Changjo bend down to give the balloons to the kids. Changjo heard a squeal and he turned back. The girl with pigtail pointed to Ricky who was walking over to them. Changjo hits his head, the girl shouldnt have squeal. The kids infront of him tugged at his shirt and tries snatching the balloons.

"Yah yah yah! Wait! Aish." Changjo sneered at the kids. Personally, he really doesnt like small kids, but for Ricky, he would do anything. Changjo heard footsteps coming towards him. He smiled.

"Yah, Chingu! How can you do this to little kids?" Changjo smiled at Ricky's cuteness. He stood up and turned around, smiling. His hand gripped harder onto the balloons. He wasnt sure if this would work.

"Yah.. Yah.. Choi JongHyun? Ch-Changjo?" Ricky stepped back.

"Thank you, chingu! Enjoy the chocolate bar." Changjo waved to the children behind Ricky. The children waved back and ran away.

"Th-They... You... You told them to do this?" Ricky started walking away but Changjo held onto his wrist.

"Hear me out jebal." Changjo pleaded. Ricky turned around and faced Changjo.

"What do you want?" Ricky's words pierced through Changjo's shirt, forcefully aiming for the heart.

"I love you." Changjo saw Ricky soften. The pierce retreated from Changjo's shirt and dropped on the ground.

"Mianhae for cheating on you. I regretted. I couldnt sleep every night with this guilt in my heart that i let you down. Im such a fool in love i cant even forgive myself. You were the best thing that ever happened to me, but i took you for granted. I wanted more. Im sure people told you, im the dancing prodigy, i can get anyone i want. It's true, but that was before you came. I tried getting rid of this habit but i cant. That's why i would cheat on you with a girl. I know im selfish, but what can i do? I hurt you badly, and i want you back now. I know you probably wont forgive me, but this is all i have to make you forgive me." Changjo gave Ricky the balloons he had left. Changjo waited for Ricky to digest what he said and to make a move. Changjo felt as though the pierce is coming back, slowly aiming for his heart again. The balloons slipped off his hand. Changjo looked at Ricky. Ricky took the balloons from Changjo's hand and held it with the rest of the balloons.

"I forgive you, pabo Changjo-ya." Ricky smiled and hit Changjo on the chest. Changjo heaved a sigh of relief and looked away. He punched his fist to the sky and smiled at the kids sniggering behind the tree. The girl with pigtail did a love sign at Ricky and Changjo. 

"Changjo-ya... Are you angry with me that day.. I... hug my friend Sanghoon?" Ricky grabbed Changjo's arm.

"Who cares, you're mine." Changjo knocked Ricky's head. Ricky pouted and looked away. Ricky was still quite unhappy with Changjo about the kissing. 

"Jagiya, dont be angry anymore alright? Im yours forever and always." Changjo kissed Ricky on the forehead and hugged him. Ricky was shock by the sudden reaction, he let go of the balloons.

"Changjo-ya! The balloons!" Ricky hit Changjo on the back, asking him to let go of him. Changjo turned and looked up. The balloons were lifted up to the sky, flying away.

The children came out of their hiding place behind the tree after seeing the balloons flying away.

"Annyeong, balloon-ya~" The children waved to the balloons.

Changjo and Ricky looked on as the balloons fly away.

"Mianhae, Changjo..." Ricky looked down at his feet.

"Ah, It's okay. As long as you're with me, you get balloons everyday." Changjo put Ricky's head on his shoulder. They held their hands as the balloons flew further away, with the sun setting at the back.