Chapter 42

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

"Ricky dear, get the van houten chocolate chips, Chunji dear get the castar sugar." Chunji's mother instructed.

Chunji grabbed the pack of castar sugar and brought it down to the counter. Ricky opened the pack of chocolate and started eating bit by bit.

"Yah! We're suppose to use that chocolate and bake for L.Joe and Changjo! Dont eat it, you pig!" Chunji snatched the chocolate pack from Ricky and headlock him.

"Hyung! Eomonni!!" Ricky shouted, throwing punches everywhere.

"Chunji, Ricky, stop your childish acts right now." Chunji's mother shook her head as she brought out two big bowls from the cupboard.

Chunji let go of Ricky and hit him on the head. Ricky yelped and rub his head in pain. Chunji kept the pack of chocolate away from Ricky, hiding it behind a jar of honey in the fridge.

"Chunji, Ricky, get a bowl of your own and a spoon. Stop trying to find the chocolate, Ricky dear." Chunji's mother took the chocolate out from the fridge and handed it to Ricky, who was ransacking the whole kitchen for a pack of chocolate.

Chunji's mother taught Chunji and Ricky how to bake chocolate cake for L.Joe and Changjo. After an hour of mixing, stirring and tasting, the boys finally pushed the aluminium box into the oven. Ricky his fingers as he dipped it into a bowl of chocolate.

"Ricky-ya, stop being disgusting." Chunji dipped his finger into the bowl and smudged it on Ricky's cheek.

"Hyung!" Ricky pouted, wiping the chocolate away.

"Chunji, Ricky go and bathe while the cake bake. Go go go." Chunji's mother shoved them out of the kitchen. Chunji and Ricky raced up the stairs into their respective bedroom.

Chunji changed out of his homeclothes and went in the shower. He washed his hair, making sure he use the strawberry scented shampoo. Chunji wiped his body as he wipe his feet on the mat. He hung the towel over his shoulder and walked towards his wardrobe, choosing a simple outfit.

'Just a visit to L.Joe's house, why should I be so nervous.' Chunji scratched his head and wiped away the water trickling down his cheek. Chunji chose a simple stripe tee and a knee-length pants.

'This should be it.' Just then, the oven's alarm rang. Chunji pulled the shirt down and quickly wore his pants. After checking his hair, Chunji walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Omma, can I take it out now?" Chunji wore the oven glove, ready to take out the tray. Chunji's mother nodded as she took out two bags.

Chunji pulled out the tray and the chocolate smell filled the kitchen. Ricky rushed in the kitchen immediately, stopping beside Chunji to smell the chocolate. The cake was done, fresh from the oven. Chunji placed the tray on the table and slowly take out the two aluminium box.

"That is mine." Ricky pointed to the bigger size cake.

"How do you know that is yours? Mine is equally big." Chunji took the box and placed it next to him. Ricky sulked and took the other box which is slightly smaller.

"Eomonni, can I taste some from here?" Ricky was about to spoon a piece out when Chunji's mother stopped him.

"Aniyo, you can only taste it with Changjo. I will bake one for us later. If yours turn out nice, then its okay. But if it doesnt, good luck to you." Chunji's mother smiled.

Ricky and Chunji sighed. This is probably the worst assignment, you cant even taste the cake. If it doesnt taste nice...

"Omma, we're going now. Byebye." Chunji put his cake into a bag and walked out of the house with Ricky. Ricky went the opposite way of him, Chunji went to the bus stop and waited for a bus.

The bus came and Chunji boarded the bus. 'Next to the beach, i remember that.' Chunji smiled as he pass the beach, remembering his time with L.Joe at the beach. The bus stop at a street before L.Joe's house. Chunji alighted and quickly walk towards L.Joe house, he had never gone to L.Joe's house before but he knows L.Joe would be there. Chunji almost dropped his bag of cake when he reach a house. Standing infront of him is a half- teen mowing the lawn. Chunji blinked his eyes repeatedly. The teen turned to face Chunji, Chunji quickly turned and cover his eyes with his hand.

"Chunji? What are you doing here?" L.Joe switched off the lawnmower and walked towards Chunji. Chunji put out his hand behind him, feeling a soft chest.

"YAH! DO YOU HAVE TO STAND SO NEAR!" Chunji jumped and grabbed his hand back. His face burned red, the stinging feel crept down to his toes.

"I didnt know you're so shy." L.Joe scratched his head, sniggering.

"Chunji? How nice are you to- Lee Byunghun go get a shirt!" L.Joe's mother came down the staircase and walked out to the front porch.

Chunji turned and bowed to L.Joe's mother, still closing his eyes. "Annyeonghaesyo."

"Aigoo, L.Joe must have teased you with his-well you know chest." L.Joe's mother giggled. Chunji mentally slapped himself as the burning sensation reaches his hair, making his hair stand slightly.

"Come on in." L.Joe's mother put a hand on Chunji's shoulder and brought him in. Chunji opened an eye to make sure L.Joe wasnt near.

"Omma told me to bring this chocolate cake over. She said its polite to bring food over before the barbecue." Which totally makes no sense to Chunji.

"How sweet of her! Help me thank her, Chunji." L.Joe's mother took the bag to the kitchen, leaving Chunji alone in the living room.

"You're staying for a while, right Chunji?" L.Joe's mother called from the kitchen.

"Neh." Chunji rubbed his arms and looked at the baby photos of L.Joe.

"Of course he is staying, omma." L.Joe walked down the stairs, pulling his shirt down. Chunji backed away from the photos as if being caught for doing something wrong.

"That's good. Byunghun, please wear your shirt at all times when there is a guest." L.Joe's mother took out a glass and filled it with orange juice, handing it to L.Joe.

"Its way too hot today, plus you told me to mow the lawn, its burning hot." L.Joe took Chunji's hand and led him up the stairs. Chunji avoid glancing at L.Joe's chest, making a point to watch the front.

"Here, orange juice." L.Joe gave Chunji the glass, opening the door to his bedroom.

Chunji stepped in. The room is bigger than his, by alot. At a corner, there is a guitar. Music scores sprawled all over his table, his bed was made at least. Chunji kept his grin, so this is how L.Joe's room looked like.

"Um, I didnt know you're coming over so... Well, as you can see this is my room. Guitar, music scores, full length mirror, wardrobe, bed oh and nothing." L.Joe grabbed his unwashed shirt and threw it into his laundry basket.

Chunji sat on the bed, bouncing lightly. He looked around the room, his eyes stopped at a door at his room. This is weird. He has a bedroom door on the left, where does that door goes to?

"That, where does it leads to?" Chunji pointed to the brown door.

"You know how houses have basements right? I told omma and appa how I need some privacy so they converted half of the basement to my own private space. That's why my house looked kinda lopsided if you look outside on the right." L.Joe looked kinda embarass when he said that.

"That's cool. Bring me down." Chunji stood up, eager to find out what's hidden below.

"You sure? It might not be what you imagine." A smirk crept up L.Joe's lips.

"Dont tell me you have girls hidden below. I can murder you straight away." Chunji eyed L.Joe suspiciously.

"Kill me then." L.Joe smiled, tickling Chunji's cheeks. Chunji giggled and slapped L.Joe's hand away.

L.Joe took Chunji's hand and went to the door. Chunji held his breath, what if it leads him to Narnia, L.Joe leave him there and he is stuck there forever. What if L.Joe is some crazy maniac who murders Chunji right after Chunji steps in. What if.

"Be careful of the steps." L.Joe slowly walked down the steps. The walls were painted royal purple, the lights were rather new too. Guess L.Joe's parents actually did a huge fix to their basement.

"Here, welcome to my basement." It was no Narnia, no snow, no murder weapons anywhere. It was just a basement which looked like a room. Chunji was stunned for words.

"Be careful of the platform." L.Joe helped Chunji up to a slightly higher ground. There was another door on the other side.

"It leads to the other basement right?" Chunji pointed to the opposite door.

"Yup, that's how all this come in. So let me show you around. You're the first person I bring in other than my omma and appa." L.Joe took Chunji's hand and showed him around.

"A piano here for my own practice, there's another piano outside but since this room is sound proof, its better." L.Joe hover his hands around in the air.

Chunji walked away from the piano and came to a small space with beanbags and a projector and... Rolled up screen? Chunji reached out to turn on the projector when L.Joe stopped him.

"Yah! Dont touch it." L.Joe stood forward. Chunji cocked his head to the side. The table, holding the projector, has a small compartment below, which kept several albums.

"What's these?"

"This small space beside my piano is for my recollection."

"Recollection?"

"Yeap. When Im feeling down or happy, I will sit here and use this projector to project photos and video onto that screen." L.Joe pointed to the rolled up screen."Kind of cinematic. I made the word up."

"You're weird, L.Joe. You have a bed over there, a piano, a projector thingy. You're weird. And I happen to like weirdos." Chunji stepped forward, locking eyes with L.Joe. L.Joe smiled and thumbed Chunji's cheek.

"I wanna hear you play the piano, L.Joe." Chunji skipped to the piano and traced the keys. L.Joe sat down on the seat and patted on it, signalling Chunji to sit down.

"Im gonna play this piece, Im .not sure if you've heard before." L.Joe rest his fingers on the keys and started playing.

"Is that Teen Top's song Fall in Love?" Chunji's eyes widened.

L.Joe nodded. "It's one nice piece I like." L.Joe stopped playing Fall in Love and played another piece Chunji never heard before.

"I composed this." Chunji blushed, L.Joe must have seen some kind of a face Chunji has that makes L.Joe say that.

"Teach me how to play the piano." Chunji put a finger on a key and pressed it down so lightly as though the key might scream if he press any harder. The sound vibrated and echoed through the room.

"Relax. Just put your fingers down." L.Joe took Chunji's hands and put it on the piano. L.Joe pressed a finger down on the keys, random keys, just for Chunji to try out.

"I guess Im not a piano guy." Chunji rubbed his neck and scowled at the piano.

"You're the vocal guy, Im the piano guy. We make a perfect pair." L.Joe teased. Chunji rolled his eyes and went on hitting random keys.

Bzz...

"Yoboseyo? Neh, omma. Neh, arasso. We're going up now." L.Joe stood up and Chunji followed.

"Omma wants us to go up and try your chocolate cake. Abeoji just came back from work. Do you wanna stay for dinner?" L.Joe ended the call, pushing his phone into his pocket.

Just then Chunji's phone buzzed. He whipped it out and saw a new message from Ricky.

To: Chunji hyung
From: Ricky

Hyung, why arent you back yet? Dont tell me you're staying overnight?ㅋㅋㅋ Eomonni wants you to come back for dinner.

"Mianhae, I have to go back for dinner." Chunji sighed.

"Ah its okay. Mother-in-law is more important." L.Joe squeezed Chunji's shoulder.

"Who says Im getting married to you." Chunji blushed and smack L.Joe's chest. L.Joe smiled and hugged Chunji. Chunji was shocked but the sudden action, L.Joe usually hug with a reason.

"I dont hug with a reason. I hug you whenever I can." As though reading his mind, L.Joe said it all.

"I didnt doubt that." Chunji lied.

"I know you do. Cmon let's go up." L.Joe released Chunji and held his hand. They walked up the stairs to L.Joe's room and down to the hall.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Chunji bowed to L.Joe's father who was sitting on the couch, eating the cake.

"Neh, annyeonghaseyo Chunji." L.Joe's father greeted.

"The cake is very delicious, Chunji. Try some." L.Joe's mother sliced a portion and passed it to Chunji on the plate.

"Kamsahamida." Chunji took the plate and cut the cake.

"Ah~" L.Joe opened his mouth, wanting Chunji to feed him.

"Aniyo, this is mine." Chunji shook his head and ate the cake.

"Yah! How can you not give your jagi the cake!" L.Joe tickled Chunji, forcing him to squim around on the couch.

"Byunghun, get your own piece." L.Joe's father pointed to the plate on the table. L.Joe poked Chunji on the waist for the last time and took the plate.

"It's nice of you to bring the cake over, Chunji. Help me greet your mother for me." L.Joe's mother smiled, wiping the cake crumbles around her lips. Chunji nodded, smiling.

"Byunghun, send Chunji home." L.Joe's father gave L.Joe a bunch of keys.

"Mwo? You're asking me to drive? Jeongmal? I can?" L.Joe took the keys to his heart and asked with wide eyes. Chunji cant help but giggle at his face.

"Ani, Bring the keys to Joohoon ssi. He will drive." L.Joe's father broke L.Joe's wish.

"Jinjayo... Abeoji, let me drive will you." L.Joe pleaded.

"Wait till you come back from Hongkong. I might consider it as your birthday present." L.Joe's father tapped his head in consideration.

"L.Joe, your birthday is near?" Chunji didnt know that, at all.

"Yah! You dont know my birthday? Aish." L.Joe made a face at Chunji.

"His birthday isnt important. Its alright." L.Joe's mother smiled, her rosy cheeks brightened the room. L.Joe probably gotten the brightest smile from his mother. Chunji giggled and pretend he didnt see the face.

"Byunghun, quickly send Chunji home before his mother scolds him." L.Joe's father waved L.Joe away. L.Joe put down his plate and took Chunji's hand.

"Annyeong hi kaseyo." Chunji bowed and waved to L.Joe's parents before stepping out of the house.

On the ride to Chunji's house, they passed by the beach. The car halt to a stop when the traffic light turns red. Chunji looked out of the window, seeing the seagulls swooped down to the sand.

"Shall we come to the beach again? When we come back from Hongkong." L.Joe took Chunji's hand and squeezed it gently.

Chunji nodded, speechless from the beachview. After a while, they  arrived at Chunji's house. L.Joe opened the door for Chunji before walking Chunji to the door.

"Guess I'll see you tomorrow? Unless you're planning to fly to my house tonight." L.Joe smirked, brushing Chunji's hair away.

"Well, you can come over if you want." Chunji giggled and gave L.Joe a kiss on the lips. L.Joe wrapped his arms around Chunji's waist, pulling him closer.

"23." L.Joe whispered, head leaning against Chunji's head.

"Huh?" Chunji whispered back.

"23 November, You must remember. That's your jagi birthday." L.Joe smiled, giving Chunji another peck on the lips before pulling back.

"See you!" L.Joe ran down the porch and did a heart sign before getting into the car.

Chunji giggled foolishly and walked in the house. Ricky was sitting on the couch, looking at him with a stupid look that says 'I saw the kiss'.  Ricky grinned and arched an eyebrow.

"Mwoya?" Chunji grabbed a cushion and threw it towards Ricky.

"I saw the kiss." Ricky laughed and quickly went to the kitchen.

Chunji smiled and touched his lips with a finger. He cant wait for the barbecue the next day, and the Hongkong trip the following day.