Chapter 36

Stupid Love

(L.Joe POV)

"We need something new. Something like a ballad but isnt a ballad. Something... R&B feel but isnt R&B." Changjo rubbed his chin.

"You're making no sense, maknae." L.Joe tapped on his notebook.

The next performance is 4 days later. They rested for a day but Changjo and L.Joe didnt. They have to come up with a song for their last performance. A self-composed song.

"Something up to beat? Like country feel with a little city in it." Changjo gave some ideas which doesnt make sense.

"How about we do a song about our lovelife mixed with some break ups? Like how stupid are we to break up with the wrong person. What's that word? Um. Stupid Person for Love?" L.Joe scratched his head for the proper song title but nothing comes out.

"Lovefool, pabo hyung." Changjo snapped his fingers.

"Exactly! Boy you read my mind." L.Joe tapped his pencil on his head before writing down the song title on his notebook.

"Byung, Changjo." L.Joe smiled at the sweet voice. Chunji walked over with a jacket and placed it over L.Joe's back.

"Its cold out here." Chunji smiled and sat down next to L.Joe.

The rooftop cafe is an open area, of course it would be cold. L.Joe blamed himself for not bringing the jacket earlier, he was freezing to death but Changjo couldnt see it since he was wrapped with so many layers of clothings. But he thanked himself for not bringing so Chunji could come up.

"Gumawo, jagi." L.Joe smiled. He i lucky Chunji doesnt have to go for extra lessons like Niel, Ricky and CAP did.

"How are you guys doing? Lovefool? Is that the song title?" Chunji crossed his arm and looked at the notebook.

"Yup, Lovefool. We're thinking of lyrics now." Changjo rest his head on his hand and stared blankly at the notebook.

"Aish, why didnt i think of that earlier?" L.Joe hit his head and scribbled on the notebook. He thought of the perfect lyrics to start. Hopefully Changjo comes up with nice dance moves to match the lyrics.

"Tada!" L.Joe pushed the notebook to Changjo and Chunji.

"Cham motnada naega nareul bwado, naega naega nareul bwado" Chunji read out.

"Nope, it sounds like this." L.Joe sang out as he tapped on the table.

"Wow, hyung! I cant believe you thought of that. You learnt well." Changjo clapped. L.Joe faked bow and grinned.

L.Joe, Changjo and Chunji spent the whole morning and afternoon at the rooftop cafe, composing the song. Changjo came up with quirky dancesteps which were really cute. After consulting Andy and Changjo's dance instructor, they made amendments to their lyrics and dancemoves, the song was completed.

"Thank me. Im so smart i came up with more than half of the lyrics." L.Joe pushed his spectacles up and grinned widely.

"Oh please, Byung. Changjo did alot too." Chunji pushed L.Joe aside and pat on Changjo's back.

"I didnt do much." Changjo laughed. The three of them walked back to the danceroom.

"Welcome back, composers!" Ricky pounched on Changjo straight away. 

"Woah, since when you three came in." L.Joe slumped down on the couch with Chunji.

"We have the card." CAP waved the card Changjo got for them to access the danceroom.

"Shall we go through the new song?" Niel rubbed his hands together and sat down on the floor facing L.Joe.

"Welcome to Lovefool." L.Joe smiled and flipped open the notebook on the table.

-----

After going through simple dancesteps and the lyrics, the six of them went back to their own rooms. The next day, they have to work extra hard to master the lyrics as well as the dancesteps.

"Chunnie, do you want to go out and eat?" L.Joe Chunji's thigh as they sat on the couch watching the tv.

"Mm, neh. But where?" Chunji turned and face L.Joe.

"Hmm... I know of a restaurant by the beach. They serve delicious food. Its near the school." L.Joe thought of calling his chaffeur but decided to do something else.

"Sounds great. Its 4. If we go now, we can catch the sunset." Chunji bounced on the couch.

"Let's go now then." L.Joe grabbed Chunji's hand and the two walked out.

"Table for two." L.Joe held out two fingers. The waitress showed them to a table quite far behind.

"Can we have the open space out there? We want to see the beachview." L.Joe requested.

"Byung, its alright." Chunji tugged on L.Joe's shirt.

"Oh, sure. This table?" The waitress showed them to a table outside the restaurant, where it is open.

"Neh, thank you." L.Joe nodded. He went over to the other side and pulled out the chair for Chunji.

"Gumawo." Chunji smiled and sat down.

"What do you want to eat?" L.Joe took the menu and flipped it open.

"I dont eat much, so can we share?" Chunji pouted.

"Yah! Why dont you eat much, you're so skinny." L.Joe frowned.

"You're even skinnier." Chunji stuck out his tongue. He looked over to the sea, his dreamy eyes staring out to the sea.

L.Joe looked up from the menu at Chunji, Chunji's hands were clasped together, chin on top of his hands. L.Joe took out his phone and slowly moved it up to take a picture of Chunji. Chunji didnt notice, he was busy staring out.

"Do you want to walk by the beach later?" L.Joe put down the menu and look over to the sea.

"Neh, its been long since ive gone to the beach." Chunji's voice went soft. L.Joe reach over and took Chunji's hand. Chunji faced him.

"Dont worry, with me, you get to go to the beach almost every week." L.Joe smiled.

"Wae? You sleep by the beach?" Chunji giggled, he moved his hand to interlock with L.Joe's fingers.

"Its not wrong actually. My house is around here. Just one street down." L.Joe nod towards the direction of his house.

"Mm, rich kid." Chunji muttered.

"Yah, how dare you."

"Bleh. How cant I."

L.Joe laughed at the cute face Chunji was making. The two stare at each other for a long while before L.Joe leaned in for a kiss.

"Um, Mianhae. Are you going to order now?" The waitress came, breaking the spell of love. L.Joe laughed and leaned back. Chunji awkwardly pulled back his hand and smile.

"Sure. Two plate of steak, one small bowl of kimchi as well." L.Joe closed the menu and handed it to the waitress.

The food came and was placed on the table. Chunji took the knife and fork. He was staring at the steak for so long, L.Joe thought the steak had gone cold. Chunji started slicing the steak but it wont tear.

"Here." L.Joe exchanged his plate with Chunji, giving him the sliced steak, taking the unsliced steak.

"Gumawo." Chunji blushed and started eating.

"You look so cute when you were trying to slice the steak." L.Joe grinned as he chewed the steak. L.Joe notice Chunji trying to hide the smile.

"Just smile. You look prettier." Chunji looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"Why am I the girl in our relationship?" Chunji asked.

"Because you're cute like that." L.Joe poked Chunji's cheek. Chunji pouted and chewed on the steak.

-----

"Was the food nice?" L.Joe held Chunji's hand as they walked along the beach. The waves washed in, wetting their toes, they took out their shoes earlier.

"Neh, though i can cook better." Chunji giggled, he broke free from L.Joe's hand and ran infront. The waves tickling his toes.

L.Joe walked slowly behind Chunji. He watched as Chunji walked to the wave and let the waves come in before running away. L.Joe laughed. Chunji is the definition of cute. L.Joe took several pictures of Chunji, L.Joe wants him to be imprinted everywhere in his life.

"L.Joe, i love you." Chunji did a heart sign and giggled. L.Joe cant help but grinned. L.Joe put down his shoes and ran towards Chunji.

"Im coming for you!" L.Joe opened his arms as Chunji started shrieking and running away. L.Joe caught hold of Chunji's arm, wrapping his arms around Chunji.

"Dont run away." L.Joe whispered into Chunji's neck. L.Joe felt Chunji's neck burning red, he gave it a soft kiss before burying his head on Chunji's shoulders.

"Let's take a selca, Chunji." L.Joe took out his phone and raised it high. The two did a 'V' sign.

"Yeobo, you look so pretty." L.Joe grinned.

"Of course i do." Chunji giggled as L.Joe tickled his waist.

"Let's sit down here." L.Joe went to take his shoes before walking to Chunji.

L.Joe sat down next to Chunji on the sand. They interlocked their fingers and sat close. Chunji rested his head on L.Joe's shoulder.

"Byung, thank you for today and everyday." Chunji smiled. L.Joe slipped his hand off and put in around Chunji's shoulders.

"Thank you for coming to my life." L.Joe kissed Chunji's forehead and hooked his hair behind his ear.

"Byung, let's video instead." Chunji took L.Joe's phone and tapped on camera before switching to video.

"Say hello~" Chunji waved to the phone.

"Hello." L.Joe said grumpily.

"Smile, byungchick. Become a chicken now." Chunji stood up when L.Joe flapped his arms around stupidly. Chunji giggled, shaking the phone. L.Joe ran towards Chunji and took over the phone.

"My beautiful yeobo, do a heart sign for me please." Chunji bend and did a heart sign over his head.

"Saranghae, L.Joe gun." Chunji giggled and cringed. L.Joe laughed and did a thumbs up infront of his camera.

"Byung, turn the phone over." L.Joe turned the phone so that the camera was facing the two of them.

"This pabo here is mine." Chunji poked L.Joe's cheeks as L.Joe puffed them up.

"This boo here is mine." L.Joe kissed Chunji's cheek.

"This pabo is too cheesy." Chunji knocked on L.Joe's head and giggled away. L.Joe stuck his tongue out turned back to watch his way but he noticed an old man painting the beach. L.Joe looked back as Chunji walked to the waves and wash his feet.

"That boo there doesnt know after washing his feet, he has to step on the sand again." L.Joe pointed to Chunji as the camera rolled. Suddenly there was a plop and L.Joe turnes to look at Chunji. Chunji had slipped and fell onto the water. 

"Now you know who is the real pabo." L.Joe laughed and quickly help Chunji up.

"Yah, Im all wet!" Chunji pouted, shivering slightly. L.Joe took off his outer jacket and hung it over Chunji's shoulder.

"Pabobyung is nice to me, so im kissing him in return." Chunji kissed L.Joe's lips.

"Channieboo here is so sweet so im tickling him in return." L.Joe tickled Chunji with a hand. Chunji squealed and fell back onto the sand. L.Joe laughed, how can Chunji has so many body gags. L.Joe sat down next to Chunji and held the phone infront of him and Chunji.

"Because boo and pabo are meant to be." L.Joe smiled as Chunji gave L.Joe a kiss on the cheek. The filming ended there.

"My phone is gonna have no more space because of this long video." L.Joe laughed and save the video as "Channieboo & Pabobyung".

"Wait wait wait. Look the sunset!" Chunji hit L.Joe's arm and pointed out to the sea. The sun was setting infront of them. L.Joe held Chunji's shoulder and pulled him closer.

"Pabobyung, I love you."

"Channieboo, i love you too."