Chapter 69

Stupid Love

(CAP POV)

CAP fed himself a mouthful of kimchi in seaweed. He planted himself infront of the television, wrapping the seaweed around the kimchi.

"CAP hyung, turn down the volume please? I can't hear her. Ohmy..." Niel moaned.

"What the hell?" CAP barged into the room.

"Mwoya?!" CAP shook Niel's shoulders front and back.

"Hyung! I'm just watching a drama. Why are you freaking out?" Niel paused the video, turning around to face CAP.

"Uh..." CAP realised Niel is watching a drama which his favourite actress Nam Sangmi is acting in.

"Why were you then?"

"Hyung... You can't be thinking..." Niel's face turned red.

"She's just too pretty okay... Noona..." Niel touched the screen.

"Yah!" CAP pushed Niel away and crossed out the screen, immediately shutting down the laptop.

"No more watching her when I'm around. Even if I'm not." CAP kissed Niel.

"Wae..." Niel pouted.

"Because..." CAP fumbled with his shirt.

"Because...?" Niel challenged him.

"Because you can only love me. Hah!" CAP grinned.

"You're so lame, hyung." Niel rolled his eyes and went out of the room.

"Yah, Niellie... Where are you going without me?" CAP chuckled, chasing after Niel.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Are you coming along?" Niel raised his arm to hold the door, hiding his red face.

"I don't mind." CAP pushed the door.

"Yah! Get out!" Niel screamed, pushing the door with all his might. 
CAP let go and fell back laughing.

-----

"CAP hyung, where are the rest?" Niel shoved his hands into his coat pocket.

"No idea, I don't know where they went. We're suppose to meet here." CAP shrugged.

"Over here, hyung!" Ricky's voice rang out. He skipped his way towards Niel and CAP.

"Where's Changjo and Chunji?" CAP asked.

"Behind. They're walking way too slowly so I came first." Ricky grinned cheekily.

"How can you change so much after one day of not seeing you? You became chubbier." Niel pinched Ricky's cheek.

"You've gained weight, Ricky. What did Changjo feed you huh?" CAP pinched Ricky's other cheek.

"Yah Yah Yah! Don't you pinch my Ricky like that." Changjo pulled Ricky out of CAP and Niel's touch.

"Woah... Chunji look so good." CAP stared as Chunji walked towards them. Chunji had his fringed covering one of his eye, his hood drawned down to his forehead, covering almost all of his face.

"Hyung, don't ask anything. Chunji hyung cried, that's why he covered his eye." Changjo said in a low voice.

"Hey." Chunji smiled weakly, putting his hand up to wave.

"Hyungie..." Ricky hugged Chunji.

"Waeyo? We came together and you missed me already?" Chunji ruffled Ricky's hair.

"Cmon, lets go queue up for the tickets." CAP dragged Changjo by the arm, determined to find out who or what make Chunji cry and he's going to bash the thing or person.

Its February 10. There's a long queue for the ride on the ferris wheel in an amusement park. The five of them huddled together, squeezing through the crowd to the queue.

"Hyung, we're going to get sweet corn. Do you guys want?" Ricky's eyes seem to say 'I'm gonna drag Chunji away so you can talk to Changjo'.

"Uh neh. Get us some." Niel nodded.

After Chunji and Ricky are out of sight, CAP turned to Changjo.

"Spit."

Changjo sighed.

"Ricky and I went out on a date before we meet Chunji and Ricky's house. When Ricky and I were on our way to his house, we heard shoutings. Shoutings from the house." Changjo said.

-Flashback-

"Changjo, do you think CAP hyung and Niel hyung are there already?" Ricky asked.

"Yeah they're always early. Maybe they're already-"

"Andwae!" Someone shouted, followed by a series of shoutings.

"Did you hear the shouting?" Ricky nodded.

"Its coming from my house." Ricky pointed to the house ahead of them.

"Palli!" Changjo ran towards the house. Once reached, Changjo pushed the surprisingly not locked door.

"Omma, no way am I going back. And I'm never going back. I'm staying here, waiting for L.Joe. Don't force me." Chunji's sobbing and shouting could be heard from the kitchen.

Changjo and Ricky stepped in. Ricky knew his parents aren't at home since they're on a business trip.

"Chanhee, don't do this. I've already bought the tickets to LA. We're returning there next week." Chunji's mother said.

"Eomonni?" Ricky called out stepping into the kitchen.

"Oh Ricky dear... Oh, Changjo.." Chunji's mother collapsed on to the chair, her face turning pale.

"Eomonni, are you okay?" Ricky quickly got to Chunji's mother side as Changjo helped Chunji, who was sitting on the floor the whole time, up.

"I'm fine. Just... Get Chunji up. I'm going out for a while. You guys won't be back for dinner right?" Chunji's mother asked.

"Neh, Eomonni." Changjo replied.

"Arasso. Have a nice day boys." Chunji's mother stood up. A minute later, the main door shut closed.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Ricky sat down next to Chunji.

"Why are all of you trying to get me to move on? Can't any of you see L.Joe is coming back?" Tears start to make the way down Chunji's pale cheeks. His voice hoarse and dry from shouting. Ricky got a glass of water and gave it to Chunji.

"Wae hyung?" Changjo rubbed Chunji's shoulder, trying to stop them from shaking.

"Omma wants to migrate back to LA. She wants me to move on with life and stop waiting for L.Joe. But I know better than anyone, L.Joe is coming back." Chunji wiped his tears away.

"Hyung, as much as I don't want you to go, what if going LA is better for you now? No one knows if L.Joe hyung is still alive or..." Changjo gulped.

"Aniya! Why are you guys like this!" Chunji sobbed into his hands.

"Hyung, I believe you." Ricky took Chunji's hand and put it down from his face. "I believe that L.Joe hyung is coming back too."

"Jinja?" Chunji looked up, his big doe eyes turned red.

"Neh hyung." Ricky looked up at Changjo, shaking his head.

-end-

"That's why Chunji hyung is kind of ignoring me right now... And Ricky is pretty much stuck with Chunji.." Changjo sighed heavily.

"What have you done Maknae... You know what Chunji hyung needs now is our support not our objections." Niel shook his head.

"But we can't keep lying to him, telling him his dreams will come true hyung." Changjo turned his head, seeing Chunji and Ricky coming towards them.

"At least, lets give him a spark of hope." CAP mumbled, shoving Changjo to Chunji once Chunji comes.

"Mwoya?" Chunji bit on the corn with his bunny teeth.

"Mianhae, hyung." Changjo apologised.

"Its okay." Chunji shook his head and smiled.

(Niel POV)

Niel knew Chunji is right. Cause he saw L.Joe and he knows its him. Just that he didn't dare to tell anyone in case it wasn't true, not even CAP.

"I can't wait to go up." Ricky rubbed his hands with glee.

"I bet we might see the whole of Korea." CAP chuckled.

"So naive hyung. So naive." Changjo sniggered.

"You ." CAP smacked Changjo's arm.

"Yah! No vulgars, we have a minor here." Chunji nudged Ricky.

"He's not even close to 5." CAP is talking about Ricky's age. "Yet he acts like one."

"That's why this little here must keep his innocence unless this big here took it away." Niel thumbed towards Changjo.

"Cover your ears, Ricky." Chunji giggled, covering Ricky's ears.

"I thought we've talked about this..." Changjo blushed.

"Wait its true? You did what?!" Chunji released Ricky's ears.

"Mwo?! I did nothing! We just kissed!" Changjo's eyes grew wider. Ricky hid his face behind his hands.

"Only?" CAP arched his eyebrow, teasing Changjo.

"Yah! Aniyo..." Changjo frowned.

"Hey, stop it. Ricky's blushing to the end of the world." Chunji poked Ricky's red cheek.

"Five tickets, can we have our own cabin? We don't want to share." Niel told the person.

"But I think its quite outnumbered. One cabin only two people." the person pointes to the cabin behind him.

"Mwo. I thought its some..." Niel slapped his forehead. He forgotten this is an amusement park ferris wheel. Not some other formal ferris wheel that can occupy more than just two people.

"Hyung, what about Chunji hyung?" Changjo asked Niel.

"Is three okay? I mean its big enough to fit three okay." Niel's starting to be annoyed.

"I-I guess so." The person quickly gave them the ticket and let them in.

"Chunji, are you gonna sit with Changjo and Ricky or us?" Niel asked Chunji.

"Why don't I sit by myself? I dont mind." Chunji looked down at his feet.

"But I mind. Why don't you sit with us." Niel suggested. He's sure CAP wouldn't mind.

"I don't mind you sitting with us, Chunji." CAP smiled, putting his arm around Chunji's shoulder.

Chunji finally gave in and the three of them sat in the same cabin. Niel tried to strike up a conversation but the atmosphere was tense.

"Hyung, shall we take a photo together?" Niel took out his phone, ready to take a photo.

"Neh. Chunji." CAP pulled Chunji in and the three of them took a photo together.

Throughout the whole ride, only CAP and Niel talked, Chunji spoke less than five words. He spent his time looking out. The hood that was on his head was blown backwards, falling onto his back. That was when Niel realised how thin and fragile Chunji became.

"Mm, the ride was interesting but boring at the same time." Changjo stretched his arm once he reached the ground.

"Shall we go and have dinner?" Niel asked, trying to perk up.

"Leggo!" Ricky jumped.

Well at least if Niel is in trouble someday, Ricky is always there to fill up Niel's job as the moodmaker.