Chapter 39

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

"Joheun sarameul nochigo ijewa huhoeman hago inne." Chunji repeatedly sang this part to get the feeling. He walked to the library and returned his books. Chunji turned to walk back and was surprised to see a familiar person walking in K-Arts, heading for the main office.

"Isnt that L.Joe's father?" Chunji asked himself. He scratched his head and walked back to his room.

"Byungie, i saw your appa. Where is he here?" Chunji shouted once he reached his room. But L.Joe wasnt inside. He didnt leave Chunji a note too.

Chunji tried calling L.Joe but L.Joe switched off his phone. Chunji started to panic, where is L.Joe? He paced forward and backward worried for L.Joe. The door swung open and L.Joe stepped in. Chunji immediately hugged L.Joe.

"Where were you? Why didnt you tell me where you go? I was so worried for you." Chunji's eyes were bursting with tears. L.Joe blinked his eyes, his hand slowly pat on Chunji's back.

"Mianhae, Im...uh, not feeling well. I went to the sick bay, they called my father. But nah, Im not going home." L.Joe smiled and ruffled Chunji's hair. Chunji pulled back and put a hand to L.Joe's forehead. 
"Sick? Are you having a fever?" Chunji asked. He realised L.Joe's face was rather pale.

"A little *cough*, having a bad cough *cough*." L.Joe coughed and quickly went to the bathroom. Chunji scratched his head and wonder how L.Joe got such a serious coughing fit. He only started coughing badly recently.

"Byung, im going out for a while. Stay here okay?" Chunji shouted to L.Joe through the door. L.Joe muffled an 'ok' before continuing coughing.

Chunji took the pass out of the school and called his mother. His mother told him to cure coughing, herbal tea might work. Chunji took the public bus to a street where his mother recommended the herbal tea shop. Chunji decided to boil his own herbal tea instead. He bought the ingredients and took the bus back to K-Arts.

"Byung, Im home." Chunji quickly closed the door and put the herbs in the kitchen. He opened the door to his room and found L.Joe on the bed, trembling badly.

"Byung, are you okay?" Chunji touched L.Joe's head, it was burning hot. L.Joe pulled the blanket to his chin and shivered.

"Byung, you're having a high fever. Let me cook porridge for you. Rest first, arasso?" Chunji kissed L.Joe's forehead without caring much. Chunji texted CAP and told them to practice without them first. Its 2 days before the finals and L.Joe is sick now.

Chunji followed his mother's instruction and managed to boil the herbal tea. He tasted it and it taste just right, not too bitter not too sweet. He proceeded to cook chicken porridge for L.Joe. Chunji poured the porridge and herbal tea into a bowl. He held both of it and brought it to his room. Chunji placed the bowl on the table and sat on the bed. He touched L.Joe's forehead, it felt the same, just that L.Joe is perspiring.

"Byung, wake up." Chunji gently shook L.Joe's arm. L.Joe's eyes snapped open and he blinked several times.

"Chunji..." L.Joe mumbled weakly.

"Im here." Chunji took L.Joe's hand, it hurts him that L.Joe is having a fever, it felt as though he is having it too.

"Here, sit up. I will feed you the porridge." Chunji pushed up the pillow and helped L.Joe up. L.Joe rest his head against the wall and sighed.

"Gumawo, Chunni." L.Joe forced a smile. Chunji shook his head and took the bowl. Chunji scooped up the porridge and blew it to cool it down. L.Joe swallowed it down. After eating the porridge, Chunji fed L.Joe the herbal tea.

"It taste nice, Chunni." L.Joe drank finished the herbal tea and his lips. Chunji smiled and placed back the pillow for L.Joe to rest.

"Sleep alright? I will be here." Chunji straighten his legs on the bed, L.Joe nodded and closed his eyes to sleep. Chunji gently ruffled L.Joe's hair as L.Joe slept deeply.

-----

"Channieboo, wake up." Chunji's eyelids fluttered open. L.Joe was smiling at him.

"Byungie, are you feeling better?" Chunji pushed himself up and leaned against the wall. L.Joe tugged on the blanket and pull it closer as he sat up straight.

"Yeah... Im feeling so much better after your herbal tea and porridge. But i still feel kind of weak. I still need treatment." L.Joe clutched his chest.

"Mwo? Eodiyo?" Chunji asked worriedly. L.Joe grinned and pointed to his lips. "Here."

Chunji giggled and kissed L.Joe's lips. L.Joe smiled and rest his head on Chunji's shoulder. Chunji suddenly felt this emptiness in his heart, there's this hollow space. He know very well he shouldnt be feeling that way with L.Joe. Chunji pushed that feeling aside and held L.Joe's hand. The touch of L.Joe, sent chills down his spine. Chunji blinked and couldnt get why is he feeling this way.

"Chunji, you okay?" L.Joe looked at him. Chunji ran his fingers through his hair.

"Neh... I was just thinking nothing will happen to you right." Chunji played with L.Joe's fingers innocently. L.Joe hesitated for a moment before answering.

"Of course. Nothing will happen as long as Im with you." L.Joe kissed Chunji's hand and tickled his side.

"Yah! Stop it!" Chunji giggled, squirming on the bed. L.Joe took his pillow and slammed it against Chunji's face.

Chunji took his own pillow and smacked L.Joe's head repeatedly. They two of them started a pillow fight and wrestling. L.Joe wrapped his arms around Chunji's waist and fell backwards, with Chunji on top of him.

"Pabobyung is back." Chunji giggled as he propped himself up on one arm. L.Joe rubbed his head and smiled.

"Only with you, Im a fool." L.Joe grinned widely.

"Only with me, You're a chicken." Chunji stuck out his tongue and fell backwards giggling to himself.

"Only with me, you're a giggling woman." L.Joe stuck his tongue at Chunji and lie down next to Chunji. The two stare at the blank ceiling.

"We should paste those glow in the dark stars on our ceiling." Chunji pointed.

"One day, I will bring you to see the place where you can see the stars in the sky so clearly." L.Joe interlocked his fingers with Chunji. Chunji turned and face L.Joe.

"Really? You will?"

"I promise, boo."

And they hooked their pinkies.