Chapter 25

Stupid Love

(No one's POV)

"Good Evening K-Arts students, teachers and the panel of judges! Welcome to K-Arts annual talent competition!" The male and fenale emcee held out their hands and stepped back as the curtain draw.

50 contestants wait backstage for their first round of showcasing. The panel of judges includes the principal, Andy Lee seongsaengnim and some famous producers who are in search of the next rising talent. The winner gets to go on a free trip to HongKong for 5days, as well as receive proffessional training on becoming a rising star.

Teen Top, compromising of CAP, Chunji, L.Joe, Niel, Ricky and Changjo, are one of the contestants who hopes to win. Few weeks of training was tough for them but they managed to come up with their own performance for the first showcase.

"Stop stop breaking my heart~" Niel sang out. He was trying to soothe his throat in case his throat turns dry and fails him.

"I love you girl~" Ricky followed after Niel. Niel smiled and did the body wave with Ricky. Niel noticed Changjo coming towards Ricky, he quickly excused himself and sat next to CAP, who was halfway dozing off despite the loud noise.

"That's good enough, jagiya." Changjo walked over and backhugged Ricky who was in the midst of doing the y selca dance alone. 
"Changjo-ya, Im scared." Ricky turned and snuggled into Changjo's cheast.

"You will do fine." Changjo kissed the top of Ricky's head.

"Neh, we will. We've practised hard." Chunji adjust his the micset attached to his collar.

"Mm, Channie you did the most job." L.Joe nuzzled his nose against Chunji's nose. Chunji giggled.

On the other side, while the maknae couple and 93'line couple were busy being sweet with each other, NAP decided to sit on the chairs placed for the contestants and take a nap. CAP was resting his head on Niel's neck, while Niel ruffled CAP's hair gently.

"Our first contestant is a female group compromising of Chaerin Lee, Sandara Park, Kong Minzy and Park Bom. Let's welcome 2NE1!" The audience applaused while the four girls took the stage. The other contestants stop their practise and went to take their seat backstage where they can watch the live performance in a room.

One by one the contestants left the room to the stage. Teen Top sat next to each other and linked their arms as they watched the performances. The judges' critics were harsh, well it depends how you view the critics. Some burst into tears while some grin from ear to ear.

(Chunji POV)

"I hope they like us since we used the name Teen Top from a real fanous group, we cant let them down." Chunji puffed his cheeks and leaned against L.Joe.

"They will. They have no reason not to like us." L.Joe Chunji's cheek gently.

Chunji smiled. Yesterday night, they practised till 4am today, only to catch 4hours of sleep before lessons start. They practised hard, making sure the performance was flawless. L.Joe intertwined his fingers with Chunji's. Chunji could feel his heart beating faster and faster.

"Dont be scared, jagi. I will be right next to you." L.Joe brushed away Chunji's falling hair and kissed his lips. Chunji kissed back and nodded.

"Let me go to the washroom." Chunji released his hand and quickly peck on L.Joe's cheek before rushing to the washroom.

Chunji pushed open the washroom door and stood infront of the mirror. He washed his face several times before cleaning it with a tissue. He had this feeling that something bad is going to happen. The feeling just come. He shivered and rubbed his shoulders up and down. He was wearing a jacket and jeand, how can he be cold? Chunji washed his hands and dry it.

'Lee Chanhee! Everything is gonna be alright! Fighting!' Chunji smiled to himself. He walked out of the washroom, brushing his hair away from his face.

"Chunji."

Chunji turned back and saw Sulli walking out of the washroom. Sulli dyed her hair black, it was no wonder he cant recognise her instantly.

"Oh, annyeong." Chunji bowed to her and started walking away.

"Wait!" Sulli caught up with him and walked next to Chunji. Chunji looked to the side and noticed Sulli was walking in the same direction as him. Chunji stopped walking.

"You're in the competition too?" Chunji felt his heart aches when he spoke to Sulli.

"Nae im in a group with my friends, f(x)." Sulli paused and smiled. "Oppa you too?"

"Uh... Nae. In a group too. Teen Top." Chunji rubbed his neck. The two were facing each other now.

"Ah i see. Oppa, you are very handsome today." Sulli looked down. Chunji felt the pain creeping up his chest. He desperately hopes L.Joe appears now, he cant move his feet.

"Oppa." Sulli inched closer to him. "I miss you." Placing a hand on Chunji's chest, Chunji stepped back a little. Sulli traced her fingers along Chunji's jacket. Chunji looked away. 'Think of L.Joe, L.Joe, L.Joe, L.Joe.'

"I miss you, Chunji." Sulli's voice cracked, Chunji reckons Sulli was tearing up. Chunji gulped he stepped back away from Sulli.

Sulli tiptoed and was heading for Chunji's lips.

'L.Joe... L.Joe... L.Joe...'

Chunji's eyelids fluttered. Chunji stepped back, hitting a wall, putting out a hand infront of him.

"Sulli, please dont." Chunji looked away, his hair covering his eyes. Sulli blinked tears away, she reached out to touch Chunji's face.

"Chunji!" L.Joe ran towards Chunji, stepping infront of Chunji. Chunji's heart sank to relief, he was glad L.Joe is here.

"L.Joe..." Chunji's voice soften.

"Sulli, go away please. Leave Chunji alone will you?" L.Joe tried to speak nicely to Sulli. Sulli wiped away her tears and looked at Chunji. Her stare sent chills down Chunji's spine. 

"L.Joe, you're gonna regret this. It hurts me to say this, but you will." Sulli walked away.

"Byung..." Chunji's voice waver. He hugged L.Joe tightly. "I was so afraid I might like her again, but my mind kept repeating your name."

"I know something was wrong when you went to the washroom for so long. We are up soon." L.Joe Chunji's back. Chunji sniffed, his tears just fall. He was really afraid L.Joe might leave him if he shows feelings for Sulli, though Chunji knows he wont have any feelings for Sulli ever again.

"Pabo Chunji. Dont cry. You will look awful if you cry." L.Joe wiped away Chunji's tears and kissed his puffy eyes. "Come on, let's go."

L.Joe put out a hand. Chunji took it. The two walked back to the waiting room.

(Changjo POV)

L.Joe pushed back his seat and walked to the washroom after Chunji didnt come back for 5minutes.

"Where is he going, Changjo?" Ricky tugged on my sleeve.

"I dont know, maybe he went to find Chunji hyung." Changjo smiled and brushed Ricky's hair. Ricky smiled and leaned against Changjo. Their turn is really slow.

Changjo looked up and saw a familiar face walked in to the room, eyes puffy but was smiling.

'Isnt that Sulli noona?' Changjo scratched his head. Changjo watched as Sulli walked to a group of girls. Sulli cried out to the girls there, the girls pat her back. Sulli looked up and wiped away her tears. This time, Sulli was smiling. Changjo really cannot get what Sulli was thinking. Minutes later, L.Joe walked in with Chunji.

"Hyung, where did you go?" Changjo asked Chunji, looking for signs of crying but there was none.

"Washroom. Then i met this pabo outside." Chunji knocked his knuckle on L.Joe's head and giggled. L.Joe laughed. Changjo decided not to ask anymore questions since they look as though they didnt meet Sulli on the way.

"F(x) you're next." A teacher told the group of girls on the right. Changjo looked over and realised Sulli stood up. Changjo stared at her for a few seconds. Sulli brushed her hair a few times before looking over. Sulli was looking at Chunji, but Chunji was busy flirting with L.Joe. People may not see it but Changjo clearly saw Sulli clench her fist.

"Changjo-ya, who are you looking at? Are you looking at those girls?" Ricky pouted at Changjo. Changjo looked at Ricky and shook his head.

"Aniya, I thought i saw a friend." Changjo smiled. Ricky seems satisfied with the answer, he went off playing with Changjo's fingers. F(x) went up the stage and they started performing to a song "Electric Song" by somebody who Changjo doesnt know. They were good. Sulli sang well. Changjo looked over at Chunjoe, the two werent looking at the screen. Instead they were playing with their phones. Changjo really couldnt get them sometimes.

"Ailee next." The teacher spoke. Changjo looked over to a girl who stood up.

"Fighting!" Niel told the girl. Changjo smiled, this is a show not to be missed. The girl smiled and walked out.

"Hyung, is that your girlfriend?" Changjo teased Niel. Niel looked at Changjo wide-eyed, he tried to find some excuse.

"Girlfriend huh, Niel." L.Joe joined in the tease. Niel looked lost.

"Aniyo! Just a friend." Niel waved his hand infront of him.

"Whom he met outside the washroom." CAP suddenly said through his cap covering his face.

"Oo~ So hyung already met the girlfriend." Changjo teased. Niel tried to hit him but Ricky pushed away his hands.

"Hyung... You know she's not my girlfriend. Just a friend." Niel whined. CAP nodded.

"Yeah... I know. I trust you." CAP took away his cap from his face and sat up straight.

"Nae, hyung." Niel smiled and stuck out his tongue at Changjo. Changjo stuck his out.

"Teen Top, you're next." The teacher came over. She smiled and blushed a little after making eye contact with Changjo.

"Hyung, I got a feeling, the girls will like us on stage." Changjo told the rest. "The female teacher was attracted by me."

"Yah! How can she look at my property." Ricky clung to his shoulder immediately.

"Changjo got the iness." Chunji laughed. Ricky pouted. Changjo shook his head and kissed Ricky's cheek.

"Im only yours." Changjo smiled at Ricky. Ricky nodded.

"Alright, so this is our first performance. We can do this. Nae?" Niel stood up and the rest followed. They stuck out their hands and put it on top of each other's.

"Teen Top, Fighting!" They shouted. 
-----

"Next up, we have a group of 6 boys who will be bringing us their own performance, 'Crazy'. Let's put our hands together and welcome..."

"Teen Top!"

The 6 boys walked up the stage and stood one straight line infront of the audience.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Teen Top imnida." They said together. Changjo couldnt remember how many times they practiced this line. The audience applaused. Some girls started screaming for them, Changjo smiled.

"We will be performing our own song, 'Crazy'. Please enjoy it." Niel introduced.

The music started and CAP started rapping.

"Okay, you got me going crazy. Dont know what to do, I miss you." Hearing this line, more screams were heard.

"Teen Top!" The six shouted.

"I need you babe, babe babe. Annyeong niga naji hajimara." Niel sang. When they did the body wave, the girls literally faint.

"Stop stop breaking my heart." And the girls died. Changjo cant help but smile. They are getting it. They are reaching the top soon.

After plenty of screams, they ended the performance.

"1,2,3,4, Everybody come on here we go. Teen Top go go, put your hands up high!"

The audience stood up and indeed, put their hands up high. Changjo breathed heavily, they did not make any mistakes at all. Except Niel's voice kind of break in between but luckily no one actually mind.

"Once again, this is Teen Top!" The audience cheered, some girls chanting 'Teen Top' non-stop. The six boys quickly get to backstage before girls start climbing up the stage and pounce on them.

"Yah! We did it! Did you hear the girls screaming for us? The judges were totally amazed!" Ricky jumped around the backstage. Changjo pulled him into a hug, and the two started jumping around.

"How can you leave us out in group hug?" Chunji stepped forward and put his arms around Changjo and Ricky. L.Joe, Niel and CAP followed suit.

A flashlight gone off. Teen Top turned around and saw a girl with a camera.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Im Park Jiyeon. The editor for our newsletter. Your performance was great, im glad you guys did a group hug. Dont mind if i take your picture?" The girl smiled and raised her camera.

"Nae." The six guys turned and faced the girl, taking a victory shot. 

(No One POV)

"All acts had gone on stage and showcased their talents. Out of 50, we are going down to 20. Almost half of the contestants have to leave the competition. Who will be the last one standing? Let's invite the 50 contestants up the stage."

Teen Top, Ailee, f(x) and others walked up the stage. The audience immediately screamed 'Teen Top'. They have indeed gained much love from the audience, especially girls.

Chunji's heart beats fast, he felt as though his heart is about to jump out of his chest and run around the hall. L.Joe noticed Chunji perspiring greatly. He put an arm around Chunji and squeezed his shoulders. Chunji smiled faintly.

"We will start with the judges critics. Judges please." The emcee walked to the judges panel.

"Annyeonghaseyo, K-Arts!" Andy seongsaengnim greeted the crowd.

"Annyeonghaseyo." The crowd shouted back.

"Oh behalf of our judges here, i will give the critics to the contestants. Firstly, I want to say the performances were breathtaking. Each one of you here did well. Baksu!" Andy as well as the audience applaused.

"Secondly, this year is one of the best year i witness this competition. Girl groups, boy groups, solo..."

"How long does he wanna talk? All of us are anxious for the results." CAP sighed and pulled his cap down, he hopes to doze off a little while standing.

"I hope he can just shut up and tell us the results." L.Joe spat. Chunji giggled softly.

"And now, here are the results. The above mentioned, please step forward. Lee Yoonhye, Park Jinhyuk, Girls' Day..."

One by one, the contestants stepped forward in straight lines. Teen Top waited for them to be called, but they werent called. Maybe the judges didnt like their choreography? Or is it their vocals?

"And Kim Yerim." A petite blond girl next to Teen Top stepped forward. Ricky immediately linked hands with Changjo. Ricky wasnt sure whether to be happy or sad.
19... 20. Ricky counted. His heart sank. Impossible

"These contestants..." the heartbeats of each contestant could be heard around the hall.

"Are-"