Chapter 56

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV: Written in 'I')

I heard a song playing somewhere in a distance. Someone is playing the piano. The song is really nice, Ive heard it before but I can't remember how. The song stopped and I heard someone talking, his voice is really raspy as though he cried and screamed for days. I'm so tired to even open my eyes or move my fingers. I heard the guy banging something, making every cells in my body froze. I silently hoped the guy will leave so I can rest even more.

I don't know how long I slept. I felt numbness in my body but I chose to sleep. Its like I'm lacking this sleep. Finally I get to sleep, so why wake up?

It's been long since I opened my eyes. My eyes are heavy, I felt skin tearing as I tried to open my eyes. I wonder what happened to me. So I gave up. The tearing stopped. Its suddenly silent around me, then I heard a soft crying, its a man. I don't know whether to move my hand and touch him wherever he is or just leave it. I chose the latter.

My whole body felt as though it was on fire suddenly, it was as though I'm raging. And then I realised, I'm being selfish to the people who are around me. There are more than one people now. They are all telling me to wake up as we have a graduation this Friday. But I chose to ignore them and sleep further more. How long am I gonna sleep? I shut my eyes even though its already shut. I clenched my fists, even though my hands are not moving. I summoned all the energy into my upper body for me to move.

I forced my eyes to open; the skin starts to tear again. I can feel tears dripping down my cheeks. My whole body was shaking innerly. I slowly let my eyes see the world again. It was blurry, but I tried again and the vision starts the sink in.

The ceiling is pale bule. That's the first thing I noticed. The ceiling has glow in the dark stars. How I know? Because its nighttime now. I blinked my heavy eyelids, unable to turn my head.

There's a guy standing directly opposite my bed, but he was dozing off. Another guy was leaning against his shoulder, sleeping as well. I wonder how these two stand and sleep. I tilted my head to the right slightly, the pain in my neck urges me to stop. There's a guy, sitting on the chair right next to me. He's head is on his arm on the bed. I couldn't see if he is sleeping. There's another guy on the couch, he isnt sleeping. Instead, he is staring right at me with an open mouth. I took all my energy and smiled. The guy rushed to me almost as immediately.

"Hyung!" The guy has tears trickling down his cheeks instantly.

I blinked my eyes, still smiling.

"Ri...cky" I managed to utter.

"Hyung!" Ricky shouted and hugged me. I felt crushed but I let him hugged me. This time, Ricky's shout woke the entire room up. 

The two standing figures rushed to my left and shook me.

"Chunji! Do you remember who am I?" the guy wearing a cap asked. Its easy to know who is he.

"CAP...hyung" My throat felt dry as I said those words.

"What about me?" the guy with thick lips asked.

"Fish." I joked.

"Yah! Hyung! How can you joke about this right when you wake up?" Niel sulked.

"Niel... Ahn Daniel." I said. Niel's sulk turned to a smile.

The only guy that is still sleeping despite the commotion is the guy on my right. Niel, Ricky and CAP stayed silent as I reached my tired hands to touch his head.

"Changjo..." the youngest and most obedient.

Changjo looked up with red puffy eyes. When he sees me, his red eyes starts to leak.

"Hy-hyung... I miss you." Changjo stood up and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I miss you too, maknae." I smiled faintly.

"Ricky-ya, Palli! Go call a doctor!" CAP instructed. Ricky quickly ran out of the room asking for doctor.

"Where am I?" I asked, the last I remember we were in Hongkong but I just need to confirm.

"Hongkong, Chunji hyung. Do you remember?" Niel sat down on the chair on my left.

"Neh, I remember." I nodded.

A doctor came in and started checking my eyes, my heartbeat.

"That's good." its a Caucasian doctor. I can understand what is he talking about. He said I'm recovering, and it seems like I didn't have any memory loss at all.

"Do you remember who are they?" the doctor pointed to the four guys infront of me.

"CAP, Niel, Ricky, Changjo." I said. They smiled.

"Good. Now what is your name?"

"Lee Chanhee."

"When is your birthday?"

"5 October 1993."

The doctor jotted something down on the clickboard before bowing and leaving.

"Hyung! I'm gonna call your omma and tell her the good news!" Ricky grinned.

"Omma is here?" I was shocked. I missed out pretty much.

"Neh, my omma too. Changjo's omma also came." Ricky nodded as he called my mother.

A few minutes later, my mother with Ricky and Changjo's mother barged in. My mother kissed my face, filling each spot with kisses. She looked older, her hair was messy. I put a hand to her face, wiping away the tears.

"I'm glad you're awake, adeul." Mother cried.

"Omma, dont cry." I whispered. Mother nodded, she said she will get something for me to eat while I do some catching up with the guys. Changjo and Ricky's mother each gave me a kiss and hugged me. Telling me how strong am I. I nodded. After they left, Ricky and Niel sat down on my left and right while CAP and Changjo sat on my bed.

Ricky helped me pressed a button on the switch so I can sit up properly.

"So hyung, where do you wanna start?" Niel asked.

"From the beginning."