Chapter 15

Stupid Love

 

(L.Joe POV)

As soon as L.Joe got home yesterday, his father ranted on him the whole night. Thankfully, his mother managed to drag his father into the bedroom, letting L.Joe sleep in peace.

In the morning, L.Joe went down to the kitchen to get food before leaving for school.

"Adeul, how are you?" L.Joe closed the refrigerator and turned to face his mother. His mother's eye bags were heavy, L.Joe doubt she slept well. He nodded and unwrapped the cold sandwich, taking a big bite.

"Byunghun, i want you to answer me honestly." L.Joe's mother took the seat opposite him on the table. L.Joe munched on the sandwich.

"Do you really like the brunette you kissed yesterday?" L.Joe slowed down on his chewing, he doesnt know what his mother meant by that.

"I dont want you to play with his heart, Byunghun. Do you understand? So, do you?" L.Joe's mother opened her eyes wide and waited for L.Joe's reply.

L.Joe swallowed the sandwich and put it down. "Neh, omma. My feelings for him are true." He meant it from the bottom of his heart.

"That's good to hear. Byunghun-ah, i give you my blessings." L.Joe's mother patted L.Joe's hand and smiled. L.Joe felt his chest warming, he has never been filial to his mother, ignoring her pleads when she asked him not to flirt anymore. But now, when he is at the worst point of life, his mother is giving her blessings to him with a guy. L.Joe smiled faintly.

"Thank you, omma. I love you." L.Joe said. His mother smiled and went to bathe.

(CAP POV)

CAP woke up early to have breakfast with Niel at a cafe near K-Arts. He wore a beanie with a maroon shirt. He took a table by the side and waited for Niel to arrive. CAP clasped his hands together and looked out of the window.

"Sir, may i take your order?" The waiter came over with a notepad.

"Ani, later." CAP smiled. The waiter nodded and left.

Ten minutes passed... Twenty... An Hour...

CAP looked at his watch. Its 7 already. Niel hasnt arrived. He took out his phone and called Niel.

"The number you've dialled is unavailable now. Please call again later."

CAP shut his 2G phone.

Where's Niel?

(Niel POV)

Niel woke up at 5. He couldnt sleep at all. He sat up on the bed, resting his head against the wall. How could he leave CAP and be with his bestfriend? This is ubsurd. Niel closed his eyes. In an hour, CAP would be meeting him at the cafe near school. But, he isnt going.

Niel his phone and tapped on CAP's number. Shall he tell him he cant go? Niel's thumb froze in the air. His mind urging him not to call CAP, but his heart dies for him to call CAP.

"Daniel." Niel looked to the door. His father is standing there. "Why are you up so early?"

Niel locked his phone and put it under his covers.

"Neh, appa. I need to prepare for school." Niel lied. He stood up and folded his blanket, slipping his phone into his pocket. Niel walked pass his father but was stopped by him.

"Remember what you said, Niel. Break up with the guy or else." Niel's father threatened. Niel nodded slightly before going down to the kitchen.

"Put your car key on the kitchen table. The chaffeur will send you to school today." Niel's father said. There was no way Niel is able to meet CAP anymore.

Niel walked out to the swimming pool and sat on the bench. He clasped his hands together and rested his head on his hands. His mind flooded with thoughts. How can he break off with CAP? How on earth is he going to do it without hurting CAP? Niel looked at the swimming pool. He and CAP had their official passionate kiss in the pool. He smiled at the memory. It was wild. Niel took out his phone and went to the gallery. He took secret photos of CAP during the party. CAP didnt realise, since Niel is such a good "paparazzi". CAP looked dashing in every photo, there was one with CAP puffing up his cheeks. Niel smiled at the picture, how cute can CAP be. Niel scrolled through the pictures, he never did take one picture with CAP, CAP wasnt a vain person who takes alot of selcas.

Niel exited the gallery and went to his contacts. He scrolled pass CAP's name and stopped at a name. He called the person.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Niel here. I need your help."

Niel gulped. He need to start the ball rolling.

(CAP POV)

CAP kicked the stones on his way to school. The walk to school wasnt that pleasant, he waited for Niel until he has to go for school. Niel didnt pick up the call, neither did he tell CAP he cant go.

"CAP hyung!" CAP turned and saw Ricky with Chunji walking towards him.

"Annyeong. Chunji, did Niel call you?" Niel. All CAP can think about is Niel.

"Ani, waeyo?" Chunji shook his head.

"We were suppose to meet for breakfast, but he didnt come. I called him but he didnt answer." CAP choke on his words. Niellie... where are you?

"Maybe his phone has gone flat and couldnt call you? Dont worry, hyung. He will be fine." Ricky smiled, assuring CAP.

"Hope so..." CAP mumbled softly.

They met Changjo at the front gate and went in together.

"Chunji hyung, how's you and Sulli?" Changjo asked. CAP looked at Chunji.

"I tried breaking up with her. But she just cant let go... Im so tired of hurting her, L.Joe and myself." Chunji ran his fingers through his hair. CAP patted him on the back.

"She's one tough cookie, Chunji. I see the way she clings onto you." CAP shrugged his shoulders. For that moment, he forgets about Niel. Niel better get ready for CAP's anger.

The four walked to their lockers. Coincidence, all 4 of them have their lockers right next to each other. The order goes by CAP , Niel, L.Joe, Changjo, Chunji and Ricky. CAP went to his locker and opened it. He took out his books and looked at the mirror. CAP adjusted his beanie. Looking into the mirror, CAP saw Niel walking towards him. Niel? CAP turned. Sure enough, Niel is walking down the corridors. But not alone. Niel has friends all by his side. Some of which, CAP recognise from the party.

"Niel hyung!" CAP heard Ricky shouted. CAP smiled and was ready to hug Niel when Niel just walked pass the four of them as if not knowing them. Niel looked straight. He didnt even twitch when he brushed against CAP's hand. The bunch of people with Niel were laughing and chatting with Niel. Niel seems happy. Too happy to be true.

"CAP hyung," Changjo came to CAP. "Did you and Niel hyung fight?"

"Molleyo." CAP shook his head. He looked on as Niel turned in towards his classroom.

The four took their books and walked towards their classroom. Chunji went to Andy seongsaengnim's room for solo lessons. CAP walked in to the classroom and noticed Niel sitting at a different seat. Now, this is weird. Niel will usually sit at his usual seat, waiting for CAP to sit next to him. But this time, Niel took the seat far right at the corner. The seats around him were filled with the same bunch of people. CAP settled down with Changjo and Ricky. He looked to the back at Niel, Niel was laughing with a blonde, who kept touching Niel's shoulders. CAP tightened his fist. Why doesnt Niel do anything? The blonde bend towards Niel and whispered into Niel's ear. The two laughed and the blonde touches Niel's shoulder again. Now this is it.

CAP stood up and went towards the blonde. The people around Niel quickly stood up. CAP grabbed the collar of the blonde, pulling him up.

"Dont touch him." CAP warned. The blonde shook furiously.

"Let go of him, CAP." Niel stood up, holding onto the blonde's arm.

"Yah, Niel. Where's your 'hyung'. Why do you let him touch you when you're mine? Where were you in the morning? I waited for you for so long." CAP was fuming now. Changjo and Ricky noticed CAP and quickly got to his side, urging him to let go of the blonde.

"I didnt go because we're through." Niel snapped. CAP's hand loosen, dropping the blonde on the floor. 

"Sehun, you okay?" Niel quickly pulled the blonde up to his feet. The blonde shook his head and straighten his shirt.

CAP zombied back to his seat, knocking onto tables and chairs on the way.

"Niel hyung! What's the meaning of this? Yesterday both of you were fine! And now you're ignoring all of us?" Changjo pushed Niel. Ricky held Changjo's hand, afraid he would hit Niel. Niel stumbled backwards but was caught by the blonde.

"Yah, hands off him." Changjo shouted at the blonde. CAP sat on his seat. Tears flow uncontrollably down his cheeks. What did he do wrong? What did Niel's father said to Niel? There must be a reason for all this. But CAP cant find one. CAP wiped his tears with his sleeve and walked out of the classroom.

"CAP hyung!" CAP saw L.Joe walking towards him. He brushed pass L.Joe and ran to the fountain. He stopped running and walked to the parapet. He laid down, body plastered to the parapet. He brought his arm to his face, and cried.

(Niel POV)

"I didnt go because we're through." Niel said the words. His heart aches. He saw how CAP's face fell, tears dying to flow. CAP stumbled back to his seat and sat there still. Niel hurts to go to CAP, kissing away his tears.

 

"Niel hyung! What's the meaning of this? Yesterday both of you were fine! And now you're ignoring all of us?" Changjo pushed Niel. Niel stumbled backwards, but Sehun caught him.

"Yah, hands off him." Changjo spat. Niel didnt hear anything coming out from Changjo. He was looking at CAP. CAP pushed his seat back and wiped his tears. He ran out. Niel felt as though his body was crunched. 'Ani, CAP hyung. Dont go... Jebal, Kajima...' Niel broke down inside.

"Hyung! Have you lost your senses?" Before Niel could do anything, Changjo punched him in the face. Niel fell to the ground. Changjo is one big kid. Ricky quickly pushed Changjo away from Niel.

"Niel hyung, mianhae..." Ricky apologised to Niel. Niel touched his lips, his lips bled. Ricky dragged Changjo away.

"Niel, are you okay?" Sehun grabbed hold of Niel's hand and helped him up to the chair. Niel was loss for words. He saw L.Joe coming in and asking Changjo what happened to CAP. Changjo sneered at Niel. L.Joe stared at Niel with fiery eyes. The teacher came in and everyone got to their seats.

"Where's Bang Minsoo?" The teacher asked.

"Some bastard hurt him and he's nowhere to be found." Changjo muttered under his breath. The teacher ignored him and carried on with lessons. Niel wasnt paying attention throughout the lesson, he was thinking about CAP. Was he right to do that? As he was lost in his own world, a chalk flew towards him, smacking him on the forehead. 

"Yah!" Niel shouted. Everyone turned to face him. He realised he was shouting at the teacher.

"Ahn Daniel ssi, were you paying attention? I asked you again, Who sang Bounce?" The teacher lowered his voice.

"Cho Yong-Pil, seongsaengnim." Niel mumbled. He wiped away the chalk dust on his forehead and head back to his world. After lesson, there was a free period. Niel watched as L.Joe, Changjo and Ricky walked out of the classroom. Sehun and friends went to Niel.

"Niel, do you think what you did was right?" Sehun asked. Niel didnt reply.

"You cant stay like this forever. CAP hyung is hurt." Chanyeol said. Everyone saw how CAP walked out of the classroom, lifeless.

"You're asking me to help you break off with CAP hyung because of your dad. Calling me early in the morning, asking me to be your partner in everything. Telling me this ridiculous plan that hurt not only you but CAP hyung too." Sehun flared up. Niel kept quiet still. Niel knew Sehun since young, he is from a wealthy family too. Niel begged Sehun to help him in the morning. Sehun had no choice but nod.

"Yah! Say something!" Chanyeol smacked Niel at the back of his head. Niel looked up.

"Molleyo. It's over." Niel smiled faintly.

After school, Niel walked back to his dorm. He faked laugh, faked smile, faked happy, just for a show. Motive? To make CAP forget about him. Niel turned the knob and walked in to his room. He closed the door and fell to the couch. He's mind flashing images of CAP's crestfallen face. The knob turned and Chunji walked in.

"Niel!" Chunji shouted. He closed the door and rushed to Niel. "What happened to you and CAP hyung? I heard from Changjo, you're with a Sehun guy now? Who is he? What about you and CAP hyung? SAY SOMETHING." Chunji shook Niel. Niel looked at Chunji with a blank face. Chunji was waiting for an answer.

Niel covered his face with his hands and cried. Chunji was shocked by his reaction.

"Chunji hyung... My appa asked me to break up with CAP hyung or else CAP hyung and you guys will be in danger. He said if im really a gay, he wants me to be with L.Joe instead. I cant... I really cant break up with CAP, I cant let you guys be in danger too. I cant take L.Joe away from you. I really cant. I have to hurt him. Mianhae... jeongmal mianhae..." Niel sobbed. He really need to tell someone and Chunji is the right guy to tell. Chunji looked at Niel, his father? Niel and L.Joe? That explains it. Chunji saw how close Niel and L.Joe's father were. Chunji hugged him tight. Niel cried into Chunji's chest. It hurts him to know that the guy infront of him isnt CAP, it hurts him to know that CAP is hurt because of him. It hurts him to know that all of this happens because of him.

"Mianhae, CAP hyung. Jeongmal mianhae..." Niel repeated again and again.

The next few days, Niel hung out with Sehun and Chanyeol. He didnt see CAP since that day. Niel heard some people say, CAP has been sleeping, skipping lessons and only to wake up when he needs to eat. The school cant do anything about him. They just let him be. Changjo, Ricky and L.Joe continue to stay in the dark. Changjo and L.Joe continued to sneer at Niel when they see him. Ricky chose to stay quiet. Niel's only friend was Chunji. No one else.

"Niel hyung, are you happy with this?" Changjo came to Niel in the library.

"Neh. Im happy with it. Wae?" Niel faked a smile. Changjo laughed.

"Im glad you are. Cause' you're getting what you want. CAP hyung, is sick now. All the sleeping gave him headaches. You should be happy." Changjo finished what he have to say and left.

Niel closed his book. CAP is sick because of him. Niel gulped, he hope CAP is alright. He returned the books and went to the dorm. He saw L.Joe lingering around with Ricky. That only means L.Joe will not be in his room. Niel stopped outside CAP's room. His hand placed on the knob. He slowly turned the knob and stepped in. There was no one in the living room. Niel walked to the door and opened it. CAP was lying on his bed, on top. He was shivering on the bed. Niel's heart stopped beating for a moment. The state CAP is in, hurts his heart. He walked to CAP and sat down on the floor. CAP's eyes were closed, the covers pulled to his chest.

"Niellie..." CAP mumbled his name. Niel's tears start making their way to his face. Niel choke back his tears, he cant speak a word. He just cant. He took CAP's hand and held it tight.

'Mianhae... Does it hurt? Your fever? Dont keep sleeping. It's your fault that you're having fever and headaches. Now, who will take care of me, CAP hyung?' Niel thought about what he would tell CAP if he is still with him. 'I love you, CAP hyung.' Niel smiled bluntly. He brought CAP's hand to his lips and kissed it. CAP's shaking stopped, he was perspiring heavily. Niel stood up and slipped his hand off CAP's. But CAP held it tight.

"Dont go." CAP whispered. CAP knew Niel is here. CAP was pleading him now. Niel knows he has to go. He let go of CAP's hand and left.