Chapter 70

Stupid Love

Hello!^^ Im back, please be aware. this story is ending soon T.T But... Valentine's Day Special for all of you :) 


(Chunji POV)

Its Valentine's Day. Chunji sat on the grass. Chunji wasn't looking forward to it at all. The school gave them two days off in case they wanna spend time with their loved ones. What's time when he's leaving in five more days. Once Chunji's mother had set her mind on something, nothing can move her mind.

"Channie, come in. You'll catch a cold sitting outside like that." Chunji's mother came out of the house.

"Neh, Omma." But Chunji still isn't moving. He sat there, looking as cars passed by.

"Lee Chanhee." Chunji's mother wasn't joking at all. Her tone was serious.

"Let me spend time alone, Omma. I dont want to go in." Chunji fought the urge to cry.

'Since when have I become a crybaby. Urgh...'

"Come in when you're ready. Don't catch a cold." Chunji's mother put something warm and cosy on Chunji's shoulders before going in.

Chunji tugged on the coat. There's no way he is going to stay at home and watch Changjo and Ricky cuddle. Chunji stood up and slipped in the sleeves of the coat. Chunji walked down the streets into a cafe. Even the cafe is playing some valentines day song.

'OFF IT FOLKS' Chunji screamed mentally.

"What would you like to have, sir?" a waitress came over to take Chunji's order.

"One caramel cappucino."

Chunji sat back, leaning against the comfy cushion. Chunji took a mental note that the cafe doesn't mind having people sleeping here as long as they don't drool all over the couch and pay for the food they ordered.

"Excuse me?" Chunji called a waitress.

"Neh?" The waitress came over.

"Give me a plate of spaghetti too." Its nearly nighttime, half past 6. The day is still bright but the night is coming soon.

Chunji's phone buzzed in his coat's pocket.

To: Adeul
From: Omma

Adeul, where are you? Are you coming home for dinner? Don't come home too late if you're not. I know you're avoiding because of Changjo and Ricky. Think about me, Adeul. I spent my life avoiding lovebirds only to torture myself more. Come home spend time with me instead?

Chunji hesitated before replying.

To: Omma
From: Adeul

Omma, I'm safe outside. I'm not coming home for dinner. Don't worry, I'm with Niel.

Chunji regretted after sending his reply. Its Valentines, how can Niel be with him?

His phone buzzed.

To: Adeul
From: Omma

Don't lie. How can Niel be with you? ㅋㅋㅋ Stay safe Adeul. I love you.

Chunji smiled, his mother is still able to joke after they fought four days ago. Chunji was about to close his eyes when the waitress came over with his food.

"Thanks." Chunji thanked the waitress however she didn't leave.

"Alone, sir?" someone asked in a familiar tone.

Chunji looked up, only to see Sulli.

"Ohmy, Sulli hey!" Chunji sat up straight, standing up to hug Sulli.

"What are you doing here?" Chunji asked as Sulli took the seat opposite Chunji.

"Here to eat of course. I heard the food here is rather nice and I can find my soulmate here. I've got no date tonight you know." Sulli smiled.

"Ha-ha. How can no one date you?" Chunji laughed.

"Where's L.Joe, Chunji?"

Chunji's smile disappeared. He forgotten how only him and the other four know L.Joe is missing.

"Chunji." Sulli reached forward and touch Chunji's hand.

"He... He's gone, Sulli." Chunji bit his lips, his eyes glued to the plate of spaghetti.

"Gone? Did you guys break up?" Sulli choked on the words.

"I... I don't know." Chunji shook his head.

"Mianhae... I didn't know you and L.Joe aren't together now. I've been so busy with my school work and work, I hardly notice you nowadays." Sulli said with a tinge of guilt.

"Its okay. Its not your fault you know. I'm glad you're moving on well." Chunji finally looked up.

"What about you?" Sulli asked.

"May I get you something, miss?" the waitress came and broke the tension.

"Spaghetti too." Sulli ordered. After the waitress left, Sulli asked again.

"Aren't you gonna move on?"

"I can't. I just can't. I'm waiting for him." Chunji fought the urge to start eating but he didn't want to be disrespectful.

"Here you go." The waitress placed the plate and was about to say something when Sulli stopped her.

"Thank you." a sign for the waitress to leave.

Chunji and Sulli picked up their fork and spoon, starting to dig in. One single and one half-single sitting together, eating together.

"Gumawo, Sulli. I'm glad you're here." Chunji swallowed the spaghetti.

"I hope you tell me things you know Chunji. I really want to help you. But since you wont say, I won't force you too." Sulli smiled faintly.

"Gumawo." Chunji repeated.

"How many times are you going to apologise huh? Palli! Eat before your food turns cold." Sulli giggled.

The two of them chatted after eating. Chunji decided to pay for the meal as a thank you to Sulli.

"So, I'm leaving Korea to LA next week." Chunji broke the news to Sulli.

"Waeyo?! I'll miss you, Chunji..." Sulli looked down, biting her lips, controlling her tears.

"I'll miss you too, Sulli." Chunji took Sulli's hand and squeezed it.

Sulli looked up. She bend forward and kissed Chunji's forehead.

"Mianhae, but I just want to do this." Sulli looked away.

"Its alright." Chunji smiled.

A car beeped outside the cafe.

"My ride is here. Its getting late, Chunji. Go home okay?" Sulli stood up.

Chunji looked at his watch. Its 9 already.

"I will. Let me walk you out." Chunji stood up and followed Sulli out.

"Is that your father in there?" Chunji bend down to greet Sulli's father in the car.

"Sure its him. I told him to fetch me here. Goodnight, Chunji. Stay happy." Sulli hugged Chunji tightly.

"You too, Sulli." Chunji winked at Sulli. Sulli giggled and went in the car. Chunji waved as the car drove away.

Chunji hugged himself as he strolled home. Night-time the air is cold. Chunji hummed a song that has been playing in his head for so long. The piece L.Joe played on the piano.

Chunji walked on the road of his street. No cars come around this time. Chunji's phone vibrated. Ricky is calling him.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hyung! Where are you! Why aren't you at home! Changjo and I wanted to have dinner with you! Why did you leave!" Ricky shouted every single sentence.

"I'm walking home now, Ricky. Its Valentine's Day, you should spend some alone time with Changjo."

"We don't mind. We spend enough alone time together already. Come back Palli! We're waiting for you to have dessert together. Arasso?"

"Arasso, Ricky-ya."

Chunji ended the call.