Chapter 31

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV : i will be using 'I' in replace of his name as for this POV 'I' is easier to write.)

It's white. Everywhere is white. Bright light everywhere. I raised my arm and blocked the light from my eye.

"Adeul, Chanhee!" I turned back and saw my father.

"Appa!" I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. "Appa, why did you leave me alone? Why did you leave us alone?"

"Mianharle adeul. I didnt mean to. Its fated, adeul." Father my hair and kissed my head.

"You shouldnt be here. You should be with your mother." Father pulled back and looked at me confused.

"Mwo, appa? Why... Why cant I-" I then realise, this is not a dream. Father had passed away. Means... Im dead too?

"Adeul, go back. Go back now, your mother needs you. So does L.Joe..." L.Joe... L.Joe! I looked around for L.Joe, Where's L.Joe?

"Go back adeul. You dont belong here. You have a long way to go." Father pushed me away. I longed to be with father but i cant leave L.Joe too.

"Appa, I dont want to leave you please." I clinged on to father. Father sighed.

"Come here, adeul." Father gestured me to follow him. I stepped forward a foot.

"L.Joe..."

----
"The pulse is low. We're losing the patient." The nurse repeated.

"Blood loss is too much from the head. We cant be sure if we can save him." A nurse sighed.

"Dont give up! Bring the AED here." The male doctor took the AED and struck Chunji. Chunji's body shook a little.

"Heartbeat low, sir." The nurse indicated. The doctor tried again to relief Chunji's normal heartbeat.

"Patient is showing signals of recovering!" The nurse pointed at the monitor. The heartbeat slowly increased, but was still too low. Too weak to be revived.

"The blow on his head is too severe. We have to keep going." The doctor instructed. The nurses by the side prayed that the pretty boy will wake up, show signs of waking up.

"Hana, dul, set." The doctor pumped the AED on Chunji's chest. The heartbeat increased slightly.

"Patient's heartbeat is increasing slowly." The nurse looked at Chunji with hope. The doctor tried his last try to recover Chunji. He closed his eyes and breathe slowly. The doctor pumped Chunji's chest and waited for something to happen.

"Ti... Ti... Ti... Ti... Ti..." the monitor's beeping filled the entire room.

"Doctor!" A nurse shouted.

(L.Joe POV)

"Hyung... Eat something." Ricky handed L.Joe a sandwich. They have stayed in the hospital overnight, L.Joe didnt eat anything at all. Chunji's mother went back home to carry on working.

"It's okay. Im fine." L.Joe mumbled, staring at the emergency room door.

The doctor came out last night after 3 whole hours. Chunji's head was bleeding profusely. The blow on his head struck him too badly it sent him unconscious. L.Joe bit his lips and looked away, Chunji has to wake up. He has to. The talent competition has to be stopped for a while until the school finds out what exactly happened. The school has to report to the police since it was a police case. But Yongguk and CAP werent talking. After several persuasion,CAP was allowed to go to the hospital after spilling everything out.

"L.Joe, eat something." CAP unwrapped the sandwich and pushed it into L.Joe's palm. L.Joe opened his mouth slightly and munched on it. He ate a bite and stopped. He has no appetite to eat.

"Hyung.. dont force me. I cant eat." L.Joe pushed the sandwich to CAP.

"It's okay, hyung. We will grab a bite later on." Niel took the sandwich and threw it into the bin.

L.Joe brought his knees to his chest and rest his chin on his knee. Unlike the rest, L.Joe is sitting on the ground. He refuse to budge. The door opened and the doctor walked out. L.Joe stood up immediately and went to the front.

"Doctor, how is he?" L.Joe shook slightly.

"Chanhee ssi, is out of danger. However it might be awhile before he can wake up. In other words, he is in coma now. When he will wake up, we are unsure. But we are confident, he will wake up soon provided he woke up slightly just now." The doctor reported. L.Joe thanked the doctor profusely. He cant be any happier. He can, when Chunji wake up.

"Can we see him, doctor?" Ricky asked. The doctor nodded and took his leave. L.Joe barged into Chunji's room instantly and took the seat next to Chunji.

"Channie... Are you okay? We're here to see you." L.Joe held Chunji's hand and kissed it.

Chunji's head was bandaged, his cheek was bandaged too. L.Joe was not sure if the wound will leave a scar. Hopefully not.

"Hyung, please wake up." Ricky shook Chunji's arm slightly. L.Joe looked at him. Other him, Ricky is the next closest to Chunji. Changjo hugged Ricky and comforted him. CAP and Niel stood at the side, Niel was crying, CAP hugged him not saying a word.

L.Joe looked at Chunji, his fingers ignored the resist and touched Chunji's cheek.

"Wake up, Channie. Wake up. I need you. We need you. We are going Hongkong together dont you remember? We are going to win the competition, TeenTop is going to Hongkong. We have a ballad to go, we need your sweet voice up there. The girls will swoon over your voice, i will be jealous and i will punish you. You will be giggling like crazy, hiding behind Changjo. Changjo will fight with me while Ricky will try to stop it. NAP will be laughing and teasing each other. Look, we can all be together if you wake up now." L.Joe smiled faintly and brushed Chunji's hand against his cheek.

Niel and Ricky after hearing L.Joe's words burst into tears but they cant help smiling too because its so true.

"Wake up alright? I want you to meet my parents soon." L.Joe whispered. He intended to bring Chunji home to his mother and beg his father for blessings after their performance on Sunday but its ruined now.

"I cant wait for you to wake up. I miss kissing you, cuddling you and sleeping with you. You cant bear to see me missing you right?" L.Joe joked. He's trying very hard not to feel sad infront of Chunji. Guess he is doing well.

"Hyung... He will wake up. He will." Changjo placed a hand on L.Joe's shoulder. L.Joe nodded. Chunji will. As if Chunji heard what L.Joe said, a tear rolled down Chunji's eyes.

"Hyung! Chunji he..." Changjo pointed to Chunji's face. L.Joe stood up and looked. A tear. Chunji can hear them.

"Chunji, you heard us!" L.Joe smiled. He heard, he heard him. L.Joe wiped the tear away with his thumb and kissed Chunji's cheek.

"You'll be fine. Im here." L.Joe whispered into Chunji's ear.

----------

After hearing from the doctor that Chunji has signs of waking up, L.Joe has the appetite to eat a little.

"Niel, how did you all find us?" L.Joe pushed the tomato around the salad plate. He miss Chunji's cooking. Niel looked at Changjo and CAP before answering.

"Sulli, she told us." Niel muttered softly.

"Sulli?" L.Joe dropped his fork on the plate.

"Sulli came to find us at the danceroom. She told us Chunji is in trouble. So were you. She told us you will be at the backyard with Yongguk. After saying, Sulli broke down and said Chunji and you.might get hurt. We left her with her friend before finding the discipline master and finding you all behind the shed at the dumpsite. Mianhae we were late." Changjo apologised.

"No, dont. Im glad you all came." L.Joe looked at CAP. CAP was looking down at his food.

"Thank you, CAP hyung. Thank you for coming first." L.Joe smiled at CAP, CAP looked up and nodded.

"I think you ought to thank Sulli too, although this is because of her." Ricky pointed out. L.Joe nodded. As much as he hates her, he have to thank her.

------

L.Joe went back home to clean himself before visiting Chunji again. Changjo and Niel are at the hospital taking care of Chunji.

"Adeul." L.Joe's mother opened the door to his room and walked in. L.Joe was ing his shirt when his mother walked in.

"Omo, your chest. What happened? I heard from your school, you got into a fight with Yongguk. Did he give you this injuries?" L.Joe's mother looked at L.Joe worriedly.

"Im fine, omma." L.Joe caught his father standing outside the room, listening to their conversation.

"Omma, you must have heard a guy name Chunji is in the hospital right? He is my girlfriend." L.Joe made sure to raise his voice.

"Jinja? What happened, adeul?" L.Joe's mother covered .

"He is hurt. Because of your son, omma. He's in coma because of lyour son. His mother almost lost his only son, only family because of me omma. He saved me, omma." L.Joe sighed. His mind played the scene Chunji turned around and shield L.Joe, taking the blow for him.

"Waeyo? What exactly happened?" L.Joe's father came into the room.

"Yongguk, if you remember him, hates me. Hates me for being gay. Chunji is the victim. Yongguk's friend tried to hit me but Chunji instead took the blow for me. He suffered a hit on his head previously, the blow struck him hard. He is in coma now. I would rather that guy lying on the hospital bed right now, be ME." L.Joe clenched and unclenched his fists.