Chapter 59

Stupid Love

(Changjo POV)

Its graduation day. Changjo wore his graduation clothes and looked at the mirror. His eyebags were showing. Changjo closed his eyes thinking of what had happened recently. Chunji seemed to have moved on with life, but occasionally asking who is the beanie guy which is L.Joe.

"Do you think he might remember L.Joe hyung one day? Like this the six of us can be together again." Ricky asked, buttoning his shirt.

"I hope so." Changjo whispered, knowing very well L.Joe does not want anyhing to do with Chunji anymore.

There was a knock on the door. Ricky opened the door and Chunji came in wearing a white lomg sleeve shirt and long black pants. He's just missing a tie, though Chunji didn't look like he wants to wear it.

"What's this?" Chunji pulled out a necklace from his neck.

"Mwo?" Changjo stood forward, inspecting the necklace. There's a ring attached to it. Engraved inside was Chunjoe♡.

"Who is Chunjoe?" Chunji asked.

"That... Is your pet's name." Ricky blurted.

"Pet? I have a pet?" Chunji cocked his head to the side, clearly not believing Ricky.

"What Ricky means is that's your petname, you know, nickname? We use to call you that after Niel kept typing the wrong name to you instead of Chunji is Chunjo, so we added a 'e'." Changjo lied.

"Oh... Who gave this to me? It's really beautiful." Chunji the ring, smiling.

"L-"

"Niel hyung." Changjo covered Ricky's mouth.

"I see. I didn't realise this thing had been on my neck for so long until today I heard the clanging sound of the chain against the ring." Chunji said softly.

"Neh, hyung. You look great, wih the ring." Changjo smiled. Ricky quickly excused himself to the bathroom to cry.

"Gumawo, Changjo. You look great too." Chunji said, nodding towards Changjo's outfit, a simple stripes shirt and black pants.

"Neh." was all Changjo could say.

Chunji left back to his room, which only has him alone. L.Joe had moved out to refrain any contact with Chunji.

"Ricky, open the door." Changjo knocked on the bathroom door. Ricky pulled open the door and hugged Changjo, his tears wetting Changjo's shirt.

"Why... Why must this happen? Why must we lie to Chunji hyung? Why? Why can't we tell him the truth?" Ricky burst out crying.

"Because that's what L.Joe hyung wants." Changjo whispered, rubbing Ricky's back.

-----

"Good Evening, K-Arts! Today is our graduation day for our junior year 1-3, and senior year 4-5!" The emcee greeted. Parents and alumnis applaused.

Changjo nervously tugged on his tie as he sat next to Niel and CAP, on Niel's other side. He turned to look at Ricky who was three rows behind him. Ricky smiled and nodded towards Chunji. Changjo saw the empty seat next to Chunji. It's L.Joe's seat. Chunji was staring at the name paper stuck to the chair.

"Let's invite our year two students up to the stage to receive their certificate of honour." Changjo sighed, he didnt realise year ones had got up. He stood up from the seat and walked up the stage with Niel.

At the corner of his eyes, he saw a figure rushing in the stage, standing put next to Chunji. Niel nudged him, knowing that L.Joe is next to Chunji.

"They will be fine, hopefully." Changjo told Niel.

(Chunji POV)

The beanie guy, who is still wearing the same beanie as before rushed to the stage at the last minute, standing next to Chunji. Chunji tried not to stare at how dashing the beanie guy looked today. With a dark blue polka dot shirt and red tie, the guy was a walking perfection. 

"Bang Minsoo."

Chunji looked up as CAP went forward and took his certificate before bowing.

"Ahn Daniel."

"Choi Jonghyun."

Chunji almost applaused as Changjo went up to take his certificate. He felt the guy moved his hand and clapped silently. He realised the guy actually clapped for CAP, Niel and Changjo. After several names, its the 'Lee turn'.

"Lee Byunghun."

The guy walked out and took the certificate. Girls squealed and applauded loudly despite the instructions to not clap on stage.

"Lee Chanhee."

Chunji brushed pass L.Joe and went to take the certificate. When he walked back, he can't help but ask the guy.

"Your name is Lee Byunghun or L.Joe?" Chunji blushed, asking. The guy hesitated before answering.

"Both. Is there a problem?" Those words cut Chunji's heart.

"Um, no... I was just thinking your name is really nice." Chunji looked down.

"Oh... Thanks." L.Joe stared ahead, avoiding Chunji's gaze.

The way L.Joe bit his lips makes Chunji wants to kiss him so badly.

'What on EARTH and HEAVEN am I thinking?' Chunji smacked his head suddenly.

"Are you okay?" L.Joe asked, hand on his shoulder.

Chunji stood back. L.Joe quickly put his hand down.

"Uh yes." Chunji scratched the back of his neck, accidentally dropping his certificate. L.Joe bent down together with Chunji, heads banging against each other.

"Ow." L.Joe rubbed his head as he picked up the certificate.

"Mianhae... I-I dont know why but I'm a klutz when I'm with you..." Chunji the ribbon on his certificate.

"Oh..." was all L.Joe said.

After the graduation ceremony, Chunji went to meet up with his mother and the rest.

"Chukhaeyo, Chanhee." Chunji's mother showered Chunji with kisses.

"Kamsa, omma." Chunji gave a peck on his mother's cheek.

"Hyung!" Niel shouted, coming over to hug Chunji. Chunji hugged back.

"Shall we take a group photo?" Changjo held out his camera. Chunji nodded.

"Yah, L.Joe!" CAP yelled to a beanie guy. Chunji looked over. L.Joe walked towards them.

"You dont mind me asking this loner here right?" CAP asked Chunji as if it might bother Chunji a little. Chunji shoke his head, one he can't forget what happened just now, two he doesn't remember since when CAP is friends with L.Joe, three he doesn't wants to know, four, he doesnt get why Changjo says L.Joe isnt someone he should care when CAP is obviously close with him...

L.Joe stood next to him. Chunji felt his arm lingering behind Chunji's shoulder but in the end he drooped it to the side. Chunji bit his lips and smiled to the camera.

"I should go." L.Joe excused himself and left.

"Chunji hyung, Chunji hyung, Chunji hyung!" Ricky waved his hand infront of Chunji's face.

"Neh?" Chunji realised he had been staring at L.Joe's back when he walked away.

"Wanna go get drinks?" Ricky asked.

"Sure." Chunji snapped out of his gaze and followed Ricky to the drinks table. That's when he sees him. Again.

"Uh, Chunji hyung..." Ricky trailed off. Chunji stopped in tracks, a foot distance from L.Joe. Chunji turned back to walk away but he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Aren't you gonna take a drink?" L.Joe slipped his hand off and handed Chunji a drink before leaving.

Chunji doesn't understand. Why does he feel so timid whenever he sees L.Joe? No, timid wasn't the word. Instead, he felt close to L.Joe every single time. Chunji touched the brim of the cup with his finger, circling around the brim.

"L.Joe." Chunji called out.

L.Joe stopped in tracks. Chunji walked to him, standing infront of his face.

"Have we met before? You know I had an accident some things I cant-"

"Aniya." L.Joe cut him off, not looking at Chunji. He pushed pass Chunji and ran away.

"Chunji hyung? What's wrong?" Ricky pat on Chunji's shoulder.

"Ricky, tell me the truth. Have I met L.Joe before? Do I have a boyfriend or something? Why can't I remember everything? There's something missing." Chunji's body shoke violently.

"Hyung," Ricky hugged Chunji.

"Aniyo. You don't know L.Joe at all. He... Was your roommate but you guys hardly talk. To be honest, you hated him." Ricky told Chunji.

"Jinja? Its impossible... I-I..." Chunji's tears start to fall without a reason.

"Hyung, everything will be fine. You'll understand when time is up." Ricky pulled back and went to take drinks.

-----

Chunji left the group and went straight to his room. He texted his mother telling her he doesn't feel well but she don't have to worry as he's fine.

Chunji went into his room and started looking around. He looked around for signs to show that he and L.Joe were enemies, as what Ricky and L.Joe said. But there isnt. His eyes fell on a black rimmed spectacles on the bookshelf.

Chunji took the spectacles and inspected it. Has L.Joe wore it before? Has HE wore it before? Or they shared it? Chunji wore it anyway, it looks perfect on him.

"I wore this before." Chunji said to himself. He was sure, because he remembered wearing the spectacles.

He took a book out and went to the sofa. He laid down and started reading though his mind was off somewhere else. His eyes stared at the beginning of some words.

"Catch... Have... U-shaped... Never... Just... Openly... Everything..."

"Chunjoe." Chunji read out. Why is he suddenly saying this? His fingers reached for the ring under his shirt.

His fingers traced the inside, feeling the inscription. It doesn't make any sense.

He put down the book and closed his eyes. Bringing his arm up to his eyes, he completely forgotten he is still wearing the spectacles.

"You shouldn't do that, you'll crush your eyes." Chunji felt someone moved his arm down to the side.

Chunji didn't want to open his eyes at all. He wanna hear who is it talking to him. He pretends to sleep, breathing slowly.

"I-I miss you."

Chunji had the urge to fly his eyes open.

"You always look good when you wear this spectacles."

Chunji can't recognise the voice at all.

"I shouldn't be here."

Chunji's arm dropped to the side, touching the person's arm.

"Chunji..."

Chunji could feel the person's breath on his cheek, up to his lips.Chunji held his breath.

The person kissed the tip of his nose. The insides of Chunji froze.

"Mianhae."

Chunji heard the door close. Chunji opened his eyes slowly. He can't believe what had just happened. Somehow, Chunji just know he has a boyfriend.

He just needs to find out who, before its just too late.