Chapter 19

Stupid Love

(Changjo POV)

Changjo sat across the rooftop cafe. He remembers the scene so clearly. Ricky holding the polaroid camera, looking at him kiss a girl. Changjo run his fingers through his hair. Why did he do that? Isnt Ricky good enough? Changjo pulled out the straw from the cup and pushed it in. Ricky has been avoiding him since that day. No matter how hard Changjo tries to talk to Ricky, Ricky would walk pass him as if he is transparent.

Changjo stood up and walked over to the staircase. He threw the cup into the bin and walked down. Changjo sighed and put his hands into his jeans pockets. Changjo walked along the pathway like a lost soul. He's nothing without Ricky. Changjo heard a familiar laughter behind him. Changjo quickly stepped to the side and whipped out his phone.

"Jinja? I dont believe you, Sanghoon. How is that possible?" Ricky walked pass Changjo, laughing with a guy next to him. Changjo clenched his fist and bit his lips. Sanghoon, i will remember that name. Changjo watched as Ricky and the Sanghoon guy walk in to the library.

Ricky and Changjo took their seat on a table. Changjo took a magazine, big enough to cover his face. He walked over behind Ricky and sat down so that his back is facing Ricky's back.

"Sanghoonie, is this true?" Ricky whispered to Sanghoon. Changjo slammed the magazine on the table. Everyone looked at him including Ricky. Changjo looked around and quickly apologise before picking up the magazine.

Sanghoonie... What a disgusting name... Where's Jonghyunnie, Ricky?

Ricky pushed back the chair and hit Changjo's back.

"Mianhae." Ricky said before moving to a bookshelf.

The Sanghoonie guy followed. Changjo eyed him, the guy was way too close to Ricky. Changjo stood up and went to the bookshelf behind Ricky. Ricky was choosing books, the direction towards Changjo. Changjo quickly hid behind the books, away from Ricky. Ricky took a book out and put it on his arm. Ricky bend down to take a book from the lower level. Changjo shifted a bit but he hit a book, dropping it on the floor. Changjo bend down to take the book as he faced Ricky.

"Changjo." Ricky's tone was glum. Changjo moved back suddenly, hitting several books which dropped on him.

"Ow!" Changjo rubbed the back of his head. Ricky was walking away with the guy. Changjo quickly put back the books and ran out of the library. He looked left and right for Ricky. But he was nowhere to be seen.

"Aish... " Changjo hit his head. He missed the chance to talk to Ricky.

(Ricky POV)

Ricky could have swore the back of the guy resembles Changjo. The guy apologised before reading the magazine again.

"It's true, hyung. Changjo is behind you." Sanghoon bend forward and whispered to Ricky. So its true, Changjo is indeed the guy. Ricky pushed back the chair, purposely hitting Changjo to see his reaction.

"Mianhae." Ricky apologised. He wished for Changjo to say something, he miss Changjo's voice. But Changjo didnt say anything. Ricky walked to a bookshelf and randomly pick up a book. Changjo followed, going to the bookshelf behind.

"Hyung." Sanghoon poked Ricky's arm. Ricky looked up and noticed Changjo dropped a book. Ricky bend down to pick a book at the lower level, knowing he would see Changjo's face if he bend down at the same time.

Just like what he expected, Changjo bend down and they met each other's eyes. Ricky didnt know what happened but Changjo slipped and fell backwards, dropping several books. Sanghoon grabbed Ricky's arm and the two ran out of the library. Ricky looked back to see Changjo rubbing his head as he put back the books. They stopped beside the library, behind a pillar.

"Sanghoon, why did you do that?" Ricky punched Sanghoon on the chest.

"Look." Sanghoon pointed to the side. Ricky looked over. Changjo was looking for him, Ricky has the urge to run to Changjo, hug him, kiss him but the scene kept haunting him. Changjo ran pass people, knocking into them, and pass Ricky. Ricky dropped the book on his hand.

"Changjo..." Ricky felt tears stinging his eyes.

"Hyung, you okay?" Sanghoon pulled Ricky in for a hug. Ricky sobbed into Sanghoon's shoulders. Ricky miss Changjo alot, why did the stupid cupid have to let Changjo fall in love with another girl? Isnt he good enough?

(Changjo POV)

Changjo stopped in his track when he heard a book drop. He turned back just in time to see Ricky's back popping out of a pillar. Changjo squeezed through the crowd and froze. The Sanghoon guy was hugging Ricky. Changjo blinked. What's happening now? Changjo stepped back, he stepped on someone's foot and tripped over.

"Ya, Changjo! You okay?" The guy put an arm around Changjo and helped him up. Changjo shook his head and stood up. He saw Ricky looking at him with sparkling eyes. Are those... tears? Changjo pushed his way out of the crowd and ran to the front yard. Changjo walked to a bench and sat down. He closed his eyes and sobbed silently. His throat hurts badly.

"Changjo?" A hand placed on his shoulder.